Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu

+3
Kaaling
Admin
7 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu - Page 4 Empty Re: Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu

Post  Wizzy Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:30 am

^match got over in 2.5 days and if it wasn't for Malolan/toss TN would have joined Mumbai 
in the hall of shame. If this pitch was for a knockout/TN desperately needing a win to qualify then I
can understand the rational but at the start of a season you just don't prepare a track like this.

now Ottappam vettai sudum effects can be seen whenever TN plays away. also TN bats are mostly mentally
challenged they would have struggled even to chase <100 here and hence this pitch seems one mighty gamble
and simbly waste against minnow side like J&k.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu - Page 4 Empty Re: Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu

Post  plum Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:40 pm

Wiz - I think TN's best bet of making knockout is getting relegated this year and fighting the like of Kerala, Himachal and Services next year from Group C.*
(chatriyanA irukKAdhE sANakyanA iru based)

*angEyum poYi asingapattAlum paduvAnga. but at least dharamshala pAthuttu varalAm

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:11 am

^with TN's recent form entha relegation strategy ellam thevaya ellai, ellam adhuva thaana nadakum Smile

TN playing Bengal on a green top and only D(k) turns up 👏 
if Mukund keeps up this rate of scoring could very well replace Dhawan.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/indian-domestic-2014-15/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?class=4;host=6;id=2014%2F15;type=season

look @ Badri's avg.  Shocked
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:22 pm

LOL @ Mumbai.
indha team kitta innings thOlviyA?

Abhinav Mukund is already talking about knockout stage. dei, innum bhogiyE varaladA(baroda nad mumbai have 2 more matches mostly at home) adhukLLa pongalukku karumbu vAnguRIyA)

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:01 am

Malolan continues to save TN's ass yet again with the bat applause

Plum,  still sticking with your patani bros prediction for Baba boys? I fancy Baba bros making their test debut together Smile

Also interesting to watch will be how Mijay 2.0 holds up in Ranjis after plying mostly in int. pattas
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:26 pm

With seenu in his twilight as admin, the road ahead is hard for Baba brothers. Baba is mAma's close associate. He will be specially targetted besides the usual withchunt against TN players. Once Power/Dal mein kaala/shawshank come to power, Ashwin is surely out, Baba brothers will not get a look in. Vijay has earned himself a couple of poor series.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:34 am

After that disaster against Karnataka, nice turnaround. 7 wicket win against Baroda. 6 points, through to QFs. Well played, though it's unlikely they may proceed far in (SF pOradhu will be a huge achievement in my eyes). Karnataka still remain the team to beat.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:08 pm

Mumbai through. Others 10 steps back.
Karnataka made a mistake by taking it easy for this match.
As for TN, least deserving qualifier for QF. Hope they are knocked out atleast by the final, if not in the SF or QF

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:26 am

perennial bench warmer Ash should quit WC and play quarters, TN might need his batting skills since we are playing in enemy territory.
also, Agent Badri activation request sent  Laughing

given Seenu Maama/MRF are raasi again, about time TN restocked their bowling options by nicking some phast bowlers from the academy.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Wizzy wrote:perennial bench warmer Ash should quit WC and play quarters, TN might need his batting skills since we are playing in enemy territory.
also, Agent Badri activation request sent  Laughing

given Seenu Maama/MRF are raasi again, about time TN restocked their bowling options by nicking some phast bowlers from the academy.
indha mAdhiri insider info ellAm engerundhu pudikkaRIng?

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:24 am

^as Vinu chakaravarthy quips in Mallu vetti 'adhu oru Raaja ragasiyum'  Smile

another sathyasothanai in the offing, Seenu Maama/MRF/Sach talk, Maama's CSK equity @ stake.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:32 pm

these runouts  Evil or Very Mad guess TN have just about enough to scrape through, Baba boys should swap their batting positions

don't think they go past semis with Sedharam in marana form and with match @ yet another enemy territory

Mumbai and its khadoos'ness  applause thought the team was done after J&K debacle, would be fun if Karnatak chokes @ home.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:49 pm

TN will kavundhu paduthufy in semis if they make it that far.

Mumbai - I told you, Karnataka should have killed them when they had the chance. Everyone will regret it now

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:46 am

Mumbai 44 all out chasing Karnataka's 202 in their first innings rotfl2 and Karnataka 32/2 in their second innings. All on the first day! The Chinnaswamy pitch seems like a throwback to the late 80s.

TN steady at 232/3 vs Maharashtra. Looks like it might be an all South final and all of Vidharba, Maharashtra and Mumbai have/could been/be sent packing.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:49 pm

D(K) should thank Mijay for seeing off the new ball Smile Indrajith again outclasses his bro, heard CAB had dished out a green mamba, they should explain TN's very cautious approach.
by the time Maha bat pitch should ease out to a patta.

The Chinnaswamy pitch seems like a throwback to the late 80s.

pitch was tad green but it wasn't unplayable by any means, it was mostly down to poor batting.

punting on khadoos'ness to put up a very good fight in the chase.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:59 pm

aduchu puduchu Finalists Razz the clap  Punched way above our weight. But this is as far as we'd get IMO. Mumbai is where the finals will happen. Karnataka overwhelming favorites for me. Would be delighted to see TN prove me wrong for sure. But the cliched Heart says TN, Brain says Karnataka based scenario.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:aduchu puduchu Finalists Razz the clap  Punched way above our weight. But this is as far as we'd get IMO. Mumbai is where the finals will happen. Karnataka overwhelming favorites for me. Would be delighted to see TN prove me wrong for sure. But the cliched Heart says TN, Brain says Karnataka based scenario.
I like this Karnataka team more than I like the current TN team 
delikkat possisan.
Always liked Manish Pandey. K L Rahul looks likeable too. Nair saab pAthadhilla but following his various efforts in various situations in newspaper.
 They have such a strong batting line up. CM Gautam is probably the best batsman among wicketkeepers in domestic cricket. And the newby R Samarth has just come in and effortlessly scored centuries.

And Vinay, Mithun and S Aravind seem a good bunch of india rejeet bowlers to have.

Sometime back, I was saying in this thread that what TN needs is a captain who is a india rjeet(means close to intl standard) but one who has lost his chance for India forever. Such a captain, I surmised, will have the drive and experience to take his team to the summit.

Vijay, DK et al were internationals knocking still on India door so they didnt make a difference. Abhinav seems to be the candidate whom I dreamed of.

But the salient point is that in Vinay, Karnataka have a better candidate in that slot. And he has Mithun and Aravind with him, too. Not to mention the young leggie Shreyas Gopal, who is good with the bat too.

And this with solid batsmen like Ganesh Satish having shifted states Shocked

And I am sure I am forgetting a couple of other solid batmsen(H S Sharath?) and other good backup bowlers as well.

So, TN has a good India rejeet batting lineup while Karnataka has a matching india rejeet bowling line up.
Where Karnataka hold the upper hand is that while TN's bowling is bachcha yadav, Karnataka's batting is almost better or truly better than TN's batting line up.

I find it hard to reconcile - but my head AND heart are rooting or Karnataka Embarassed

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:32 pm

LOL at Abhinav Mukund's sound byte. ("Honestly we didnt think we will make it").
Ha ha, that tells you about TN's chances in the final. They truly dont believe in themselves - and rightly so, they have lucked it to the final.
I wish it were a Karnataka - Delhi or Karnataka - Mumbai final

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:36 pm

Ah! yes now I remember who I missed from the people missing froM Karnataka's line up this year
1. Mayank Aggarwal
And...Stuart Binny. Dicky Jr was a key part in Karnataka's run last year.

And of course, I forgot Robin Uthappa! He has a special liking for TN's bowlers. I dont like him much but bet your house on him scoring big in the finals

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:56 pm

plum wrote:LOL at Abhinav Mukund's sound byte. ("Honestly we didnt think we will make it").
Ha ha, that tells you about TN's chances in the final. They truly dont believe in themselves - and rightly so, they have lucked it to the final.
I wish it were a Karnataka - Delhi or Karnataka - Mumbai final

Razz the full convo: https://twitter.com/_Drunkenmunk/status/572037328065052673

That is WV Raman's daughter, hence references to speaking with appa.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:19 pm

ha ha sethu sethu reference win.

Also, analysing the pheelings for Karnataka, I guess it is because I got used to supporting htem on dravidian feeling for last two years when TN didnt make the knockout. ippO thirumba TNku transfer paNNA manasu maRukkudhu

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:00 am

23/2...Smile
Mumbai-Karnataka was the final obviously

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:44 am

60-4 now.

Baba Indrajith to come.

BGM to play:

Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:19 am

Now I know how it feels to be a protea fan Mad so feckkin predictable, icing will be TN reducing KA to 5 and then letting the tail wag to 200+ lead
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Wizzy wrote:Now I know how it feels to be a protea fan Mad so feckkin predictable, icing will be TN reducing KA to 5 and then letting the tail wag to 200+ lead
Following script perfectly, 134 all out and Karnataka at 32/4 with Rahul retired hurt. All that is left is for them to take lead.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum