Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

+32
groucho070
Punnaimaran
Shank
mayilSK
Bala (Karthik)
vicks
kv
Sakalakala Vallavar
sagi
rajkumarc
writeface
kamalaakarsh
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
D22_Malar
Balu
mythila
baroque
rajaclan
ravinat
Raaga_Suresh
irir123
irfan123
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
Wizzy
kiru
crimson king
V_S
fring151
Usha
plum
app_engine
36 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  fring151 Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:52 am

Brilliant stuff DM. The Hey Ram, Budapest/Laszlo Kovac chapters are the ones I have read before. Am definitely buying this book!  Smile

P.S: Can you also post this in the "Must read articles" thread?

fring151

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  Balu Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:27 am

I got an email about the official fans club started for ilayaraaja and which has the approval of IR and Karthik Raaja. The page is below

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Isaignani-Fans-Club-global/500476203394608

Balu

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:51 pm

fring151 wrote:Brilliant stuff DM. The Hey Ram, Budapest/Laszlo Kovac chapters are the ones I have read before. Am definitely buying this book!  Smile

P.S: Can you also post this in the "Must read articles" thread?

Will post in that thread too. And that was the ulterior motive to taking the trouble to collect from multiple chapters and post these 2 twitlongers Smile Might encourage a lot of the mafia to read the book which really tells us what IR is made of. And a few of the discerning neutrals might flip over to understanding IR better and won't harp on humility and ANavam. It is the saama/dhaana method. adhukku appuramAvum humility/ANavam nu evanAvadhu sonnAnnA, Plum pOndrOrin bEdha dhaNda methods uNdu  Razz 
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:24 am

Balu wrote:I got an email about the official fans club started for ilayaraaja and which has the approval of IR and Karthik Raaja. The page is below

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Isaignani-Fans-Club-global/500476203394608
Doesn't look anything like an 'official' club.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:25 am

Father-Son relationship

இஸ்லாம் மதத்தை தழுவிய இசையமைப்பாளர் யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா, தந்தை இளையராஜாவுக்கும் தனக்கும் இடையே கருத்து வேறுபாடு என்று வந்த செய்தி வதந்தி என கூறியுள்ளார்.

இது குறித்து தனது ட்விட்டர் இணையதளத்தில் கருத்து தெரிவித்துள்ள யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா, "நான் இஸ்லாத்தை பின்பற்றுகிறேன். அதற்காக நான் பெருமைப்படுகிறேன். நான் இவ்வாறு மதம் மாறியதற்கு என் குடும்பத்தினரும் ஆதரவு தெரிவித்துள்ளனர்.

நான் மூன்றாவதாக இஸ்லாமிய பெண்ணை திருமணம் செய்ததாக வந்த செய்தி வெறும் வதந்திதான். மேலும் என் தந்தை இளையராஜா எனக்கு எதிராக உள்ளார் என்று வந்த செய்தியும் வதந்தி தான்" என்று யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:30 am

Shank wrote:Folks, sometimes we tend to over analyze stuff, I do it too sometimes. That conversation on BR's blog started off about Bhagyaraj and then drifted to Raja. It just happened to be centered on 80s just like the Bhagyaraj discussion. That's all. As far as I know BR has no agenda, certainly nothing as laughable as being promoted by MR/ARR. He does love the 80s and has voiced issues with sound engineering in the latter years. I've felt that too many times, with the tonal quality of the final product. That's okay, people can have different opinions. Free ya vidunga! Let's just get together and do what we do best....rejoice in Raja's music. Please note, I don't mean to sermonize, just saying let's move on. I can vouch that BR has no ulterior motive at all.
Shank sir,unlike the other forum, u are allowed to sermonize here :-) pls feel free to write more in this ratha bhoomi.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:41 am

jaiganesh wrote:
Shank wrote:Folks, sometimes we tend to over analyze stuff, I do it too sometimes. That conversation on BR's blog started off about Bhagyaraj and then drifted to Raja. It just happened to be centered on 80s just like the Bhagyaraj discussion. That's all. As far as I know BR has no agenda, certainly nothing as laughable as being promoted by MR/ARR. He does love the 80s and has voiced issues with sound engineering in the latter years. I've felt that too many times, with the tonal quality of the final product. That's okay, people can have different opinions. Free ya vidunga! Let's just get together and do what we do best....rejoice in Raja's music. Please note, I don't mean to sermonize, just saying let's move on. I can vouch that BR has no ulterior motive at all.
Shank sir,unlike the other forum, u are allowed to sermonize here :-) pls feel free to write more in this ratha bhoomi.

What's a forum without the bloody battles, political incorrectness, ribald comments and one-upsmanship eh?  Twisted Evil . Isn't internet "anonymity" one of the greatest boons to the modern man?

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:01 am

idhula discuss paNNa oNNum illa. Baradwaj Rangan has limited intellectual capabilities. He has read a lot of books on cinema and seen a lot of movies and he reviews according to his sensibilities - and is proud of it - tamil mass padam kooda avarOda dramatic sensibility padi dhAn irukkaNum adhukku dhAN director aim paNNannumnu nenaippavar(without understanding the directors for such films have a different target audience).

and the typical besant nagar insularity. that is all.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:15 am

I too don't want to attach any agenda to BRangan, even though I suggested it Laughing

However, 3 sins by him in the recent past :

1. Calling IR outdated (that NEPV interview with Gautam)

2. Calling ARR the best in "harmony" in the country Shocked

3. Bracketing IR with RDB and confining him to FM's classics-only area.

I don't care if he certifies IR as a great-80's-composer. (Even milliblog Karthi certifies IR that way)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Shank Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:34 pm

@plum, rombha naal aachu parthu...how are you? You are entitled to your opinion, no doubt. But again, I prefer a reviewer that reviews based on his/her sensibilities, rather than trying to be a crowd pleasing "mass' reviewer. At least I know this person has a point of view. But then again, nobody is perfect, man...If you see the comments section of "Ninaithathu Yaaro" on his blog, you will see that I have my arguments with him too, though I tend to keep it private (just my choice, avalavu thaan).

@jaiganesh, internet battles are fun and all, but enna panna, vayasu aayiduchu...plus I don't want to lose friends over it. It's not worth it.

@app_engine, I'm not in the business of defending anybody but statements picked out of the context in which they were made do tend to portray a negative view...

Shank

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:19 pm

India Today gossip about IR-Yuvan

Yuvan got married to his longtime friend Sujaya in 2005. But they got divorced in 2007.
In 2011, he married Shilpa. But the second marriage also went through turbulence.

Sources in the industry say his second wife has gone to London and is living there with her parents.

Meanwhile, the death of Yuvan's mother two years ago added to his agony.  

"This had a telling effect on his career too. On the one hand, his married life did not go well while on the other hand, he lost his mother and did not have a good relationship with his father," said a musician who has worked closely with Ilayaraja.

He said Ilayaraja objected to Yuvan's attitude on many things.

"At one point, Ilayaraja moved out of his house and started living with his elder son, Karthick Raja, also a music director. Some months ago, Ilayaraja suffered a heart attack. So I think all these developments played havoc with Yuvan's mind."

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:30 pm

Shank wrote:@app_engine, I'm not in the business of defending anybody but statements picked out of the context in which they were made do tend to portray a negative view...

Actually, BRangan is bringing IR's name out of context quite often Smile

Look at this review of "pulivAl" :

Elsewhere, he carries on telepathic conversations with an employee over the preludes of Ilayaraja's superhits. The trend of lazily invoking the maestro's music shows no sign of abating, and one wonders if these filmmakers realise that by reminding us of how sublime art can get, the rest of their film ends up looking all the more impoverished.

Personally, I'm happy whenever a new movie recalls rAsA music in ANY form, i.e. including copying Wink

OTOH, as seen above, BRangan seems to resent it - to me, that sounds like a DHARRF Wink

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Shank Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:44 pm

@app_engine, this is exactly what I'm saying....slow down and read that sentence again. It is made in context of the film where directors are using Raja's music. And it actually glorifies his music versus the insipid films that the directors are making. Not sure what you are reading into when you see this...

Shank

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:27 pm

Shank wrote: And it actually glorifies his music versus the insipid films that the directors are making.

Shank sir,
That's pretty obvious - sublime & all he talks about. I'm not so dumb to miss such plain English Smile

However, I'm trying to peer into the mind of the person who brings IR into such references and am trying to contrast that with an average pOrALi rAsA fan.

Whenever some rAsA classic gets played in a newbie movie (e.g. nilA kAyudhu in veNNilA kabadikkuzhu that came a few years back), the typical reaction of a pOrALi IRF is "hA hA, enga ALu pAttu lives in TN minds even today - it is evergreen" and collar lift.

OTOH, BRangan's reaction is "why do they play this classic in an inappropriate movie" - FROWN! (Even though in a tone that supposedly praises rAsA music, criticizes the low-quality movie, how it looks even lower in contrast with superior art of IR etc).

That way, leaving aside the praise that IR can live without, I catch the FROWN there - which is what HCARRF's TYPICALLY do - who cannot stand IR songs having relevance even today!

Well, ARR himself resents it when asked in Kumudam - replying that "even my songs are played in every village" Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:55 pm

In addition, I can see BRangan's mental anguish from the statement "shows no sign of abating" Shocked

Clearly shows that HE WANTS SUCH TREND TO DIE AWAY! That sounds like the rabid TFMDF-ers who bat for ARR - hoping for years that someday people will stop using rAsA music in TN !

Even though he sugarcoats as to how superior it is to the puli vAls & eli vAls of the TF world (I reiterate - such praise in comparison to such duds is something IR can live without), his personal longing for death of rAsA's music from usage by ordinary people of TN clearly pal iLichchufies there, IMHO!

Looking from another angle, I guess BRangan wants his writing on the NEPV blog post to be prophetic - i.e. he wants to see his writing fulfilled : "dwindling # of followers for rAsA music in TN".

Unfortunately, the contrary thing happens. rAsA continues to be relevant in one way or other in TN - even if the proof happens to be some eli vAl movie. 

The "prophet" thus gets irritated and it shows up in reviews unconnected to rAsA!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:38 pm

App saar, too much unga karpaNai   laugh

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Shank Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:32 am

@app_engine, in that sentence, you were able to see "shows no sign of abating" but you choose to ignore "lazily invoking". That's why I questioned what you were reading into. And my comment on taking things out of context is very relevant here too, especially when you read the whole sentence.

But again, you are entitled to your opinion...I rest my case.

Shank

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:09 am

shank - reviewing according to his sensibilities is fine but brahminsai villaina kaattina padam kuppai, brahminsai avlo mosamanavanga illainu kaatura kss nalla attemptnu ellam freudianA he has slipped a lot. lost respect for him

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:10 am

heck, raanjhana tamil version reviewla, brahimn characterana dhanush losera kattapadamal, oru herova kaatapaaraaru romba perumaiya irukkunu ezhudhi irundhApla

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:37 pm

http://www.metronews.lk/others.php?othernews=14&display=0

Raakamma kaiya thattu....

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:51 pm

FB link from twitter:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=737882179555734

இதெல்லாம் காசு பணத்துக்காக வேலை செய்யுற ஜென்மங்க கிடையாது. - இசைஞானி.

Nice video Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:56 pm

another review for eli vAl...is this guy influenced by BRangan's remarks on indhu paper?

And for how long will Ilayaraja's yesteryear classics be used to support comedy and romance scenes?

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:01 pm

app_engine wrote:FB link from twitter:

Nice video Smile

Oh man! can't control my tears Crying or Very sad 

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:08 am

app_engine wrote:FB link from twitter:

Nice video Smile

Raja doesn't give credit to musicians? Raja doesn't praise anyone? About Napoleon "EnnOda kuzuvil pullAnguzhal. YArum solla mudiyAdha aLavukku mElum mElum oru arputhamAna isai kalaignar!". I want this video to go viral. OrE kallula rendu maanga. 1) ARR didn't invent the flute 2) IR praises his orchestra members.

Viooinist Prabhakar has commented saying this was around 96/97 in ThiruvaNNAmalai.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:02 pm

idhu sollum Rajavai patri.. Orchestra patri.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7FZ-9U3g0s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next