Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top ludes - I mean Mt.Everest level preludes / interludes / postludes - of IR

+12
Usha
vicks
D22_Malar
V_S
Drunkenmunk
kiru
plum
ravinat
jaiganesh
fring151
crimson king
app_engine
16 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Top ludes - I mean Mt.Everest level preludes / interludes / postludes - of IR - Page 7 Empty Re: Top ludes - I mean Mt.Everest level preludes / interludes / postludes - of IR

Post  ravinat Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:48 pm

Good work Jose.

I used to run a quiz in the Yahoo group with Interludes and stopped using that channel many years ago. 

Your sound quality is good and I will need to get some of your collections downloaded. Can you do me a favor? This will be useful as I need to separate your collections to individual clips. Can you provide me a list of the songs in each of your collections in text form? The trouble with video to audio transfer is that you lose the information on the video.

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Top ludes - I mean Mt.Everest level preludes / interludes / postludes - of IR - Page 7 Empty Re: Top ludes - I mean Mt.Everest level preludes / interludes / postludes - of IR

Post  Jose S Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:11 pm

Thanks Ravi. I remember the quiz style uploads on your blog and used to download some of the ones I hadn't heard.

The description for each video has the timestamp, song name, and movie name. Let me know if you need it in a different format.

Jose S

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:23 pm

So, they've picked one GOAT interlude for the #IR_Official_YT channel AD Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssXiK3dkWdU

#Original_NEPV Wink

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose S Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:50 pm

Here's another upload - we're up to Volume 7 now. This volume features interludes with violins. The songs were part of my recent discoveries, so hopefully there are some rare ones here.

Tried to sequence them by my mood when listening - starts mellow and ending in more uplifting tunes. Some of the tracks with different violin sections blending together were fun to listen to.

Some highlights - Aasaiyile Pathi Katti (Enga Ooru Kavalkaran), Mangala Vaanam (Nizhal Thedum Nenjangal), Kangalukkul Unnai Ezhuthu (Thandhu Vitten Ennai)

The videos have started getting more popular now. WhatsApp also seems to be a significant source of traffic. Am not sure if there are IR-focused WhatsApp groups.

Jose S

app_engine, Usha and BC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose S Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:40 pm

Missed updating this thread for recent uploads. Here's Volume 8.

A highlight was Uchi Malai Megangal. Hadn't heard the song before. Has an amazing tune and interludes.

Jose S

app_engine, Usha and BC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:05 am

Superb compilation.

BC

Jose S likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose S Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:12 am

Volume 9 - Focusing on drums and basslines.

A highlight was Thottaale Pothum. The movie has a lot of good songs and BGM (though they didn't seem to be very popular based on app_engine's thread).

Jose S

Usha, panniapurathar and BC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:10 pm

Jose,
  NIce collections.nalla audio quality.
Jose and app,

எனக்கு உடம்பு சரியில்லை சில வாரங்களாக.
Bacterial infection on leg.Now am recovering slowly.
இப்போதுதான் பார்க்க முடிகிறது.வந்தேன்.

வலியின் வேதனையில், 
2 இரண்டு ராஜா பாட்டுத்தான் கேட்க முடிந்தது

1.தென்பாண்டி சீமையிலே
2.ஆலோலம் பாடும்
வலியை தாங்கி மீண்டு வருகிறேன்.இன்னும் குணமாக வேண்டும்.இசைக்கடவுள் இசைத் துணை என்கிற மருந்து காக்கிறது என்னை.உண்மை இது.

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose S Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:52 am

Get well soon, Usha.

Volume 10 - Focusing on interludes containing the flute.

Jose S

Usha and panniapurathar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:24 am

Thanks for your knd words. Jose.

Raja's Flute---  Soulful one.ellam kaeten.Beautiful collection. Thank U Jose This also has a big list.

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:44 am

See how much musicians have to struggle to REPLAY one interlude of IR Smile

Prasanna rehearsing "iLaya nilA":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvFxALOHexw

Now what kind of brain is IR's to write down music of this nature every day - i.e. even without playing them on instruments!

app_engine

ravinat, panniapurathar and Jose S like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose S Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:52 am

Volume 11 - First time featuring Telugu music. Listening to many of these for the first time - what a treat.

Highlights - Manaku Dosti Okate, Sarigama Padanisa (fun song too).

Jose S

app_engine and panniapurathar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose S Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:28 am

Volume 12 - Second compilation featuring Telugu music. This upload has a lot of violin-based music.

Jose S

app_engine, panniapurathar and BC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose S Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:06 am

Volume 13 - featuring many variations of choruses in IR music

Jose S

app_engine, IsaiRasigan and BC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose S Tue May 03, 2022 8:19 am

Volume 14 - featuring brass and woodwind instruments

Jose S

app_engine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue May 17, 2022 8:31 pm

Recently tweeted about the perfect sync of the walking steps of a couple who crossed the road  with the prelude of senorita - when I waited in a Milwaukee downtown signal on Friday night Smile

If only I had the capability to video it then and there, it would have been awesome!

BTW, what a set of prelude and interludes! One of the all-time-great efforts of IR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKm8QxTp5ag

Besides the futuristic sounds for the time period when it arrived in TFM, the ludes also have the hallmarks of sophistication! For example, please look at the grandeur when the flute and strings come together in the middle of first interlude that totally transforms the song into a different style / or the way in which the second interlude ends and connects to the saraNam - all awesome stuff!

The only thing that is not to my preference is the percussion sound that appears in the middle of second interlude (sound like traditional bongos)...

app_engine

IsaiRasigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose S Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:20 pm

It is such a pleasure discovering a new interlude. Latest example: Malligai Poo - Enna Petha Raasa (1989). app_engine reviewed this song as part of the TFM hits series.

Just casually listening to the song and the bass guitars in the second interlude kick in at 3:07 and lifts that whole melody.

Audio link below. Interlude starts at 2:50.

Jose S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7