Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed)

+20
D22_Malar
Sakalakala Vallavar
baroque
crimson king
rajkumarc
fring151
olichudar
Drunkenmunk
Punnaimaran
jaiganesh
Wizzy
sagi
kiru
al_gates
plum
V_S
sheepChase
Usha
app_engine
24 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed)

Post  app_engine Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:00 am

nanRi V_Sji! (BTW, kiru sir kELvi ungaLukku Smile )

Before moving on with discussion on AO & other 1981 songs of VM, sumAl request...

Does someone know the lyricist credits for the following movies (musicalaya either does not have the vinyl covers or has only unclear pic) :

-ArAdhanai (iLam paniththuLi vizhum & oru kungumachchengamalam were decent hits) ; I've even checked the movie's video for titles (available on the web) and couldn't see the name of the lyricists...

-bAla nAgammA (not all songs are available on musicalaya pictures)

-ellAm inba mayam (that 'sollachcholla enna perumai' album Laughing )

-inRu pOy nALai vA

-kanniththeevu

-kadal meengaL (musicalaya picture cannot be read clearly, unclear white letters)

Other than the unknowns above (which could have some VM numbers), following movies have songs by VM, ALL were hits :

alaigaL Oyvadhillai (3 songs as mentioned in the post above viz dharisnam, vizhiyil vizhundhu and Ayiram thAmarai)

enakkAga kAthiru (one song, dhAgam edukkuRa nEram)

rAja pArvai (one song, andhi mazhai pozhigiRadhu)

Ram Lakshman (one song, vAlibamE vA vA)

tik tik tik (2 songs, idhu oru nilAkkAlam and poo malarndhida)

That way, we already have 8 certified IR-VM hits from 1981. We'll have to find out if there are more from the "unknown" 6 movies as above for which I'm searching for details.

Just for statistics, following IR-movies of 1981 didn't have VM :

garjanai, karaiyellAm sheNbagappoo, kazhugu, kOvil puRA, meeNdum kOkilA, nalladhu nadandhE theerum, naNdu, netRikkaN, oru iravu oru paRavai, panneer pushpangaL, pattaNam pOgalAm vA, sangarlAl, vidiyum varai kAthiru

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed)

Post  sagi Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:09 am

V_Sji on your list, paadum vaanmpaadi (naanoru disco dancer fame) was by Sangar-Ganesh, no?

2040 wrote:

i was introduced to this song only 10 yrs back, but this is the most powerful song for me... which i hear whenever i am in anger...
Why? To aggravate it? Soft songs kELunga ;-)

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:40 am

Nerd wrote:V_Sji on your list, paadum vaanmpaadi (naanoru disco dancer fame) was by Sangar-Ganesh, no?

Bappi Lahari Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:55 am

Embarassed Thanks. That should not be in the list at all. Let me remove it.

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:16 am

kiru wrote:Can we say VM's style of lyrics is - Impressionism (vs Classicism of KD) ?

app_engine wrote:nanRi V_Sji! (BTW, kiru sir kELvi ungaLukku Smile )

Smile Could be. That is a good question. I am not good at observing lyrics. Even if observing it would be by song-by-song basis. I don't know if we can broadly summarize that way. I would even classify KD's songs as realism, especially the philosophical songs (for ex: ponnai virumbum boomiyilE ennai virumbum OruyirE). I could be wrong. VM on the other hand with his imaginations could be even surrealism (for ex: yEraatha malai mElE elantha pazhuththirukku). Definitely if we observe song by song, I believe many KD songs would also be synonymous to other art forms. Impressionism on the other hand is to more details like the lighting in the picture. We can relate to the mood and impression in lyrics and music. There are tons of songs by KD which belong here. I believe this requires deeper and a case-by-case study. Certainly a good starting point of discussion.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:45 am

1981 "unknowns" - one update :

kadal meengaL has NO VM song. The movie titles show Kannadasan, Panju A & GA only.

BTW, all four songs were hits (thAlAttudhE vAnam the biggest, enRenRum AnandhamE evergreen, madhini madhini sensational those days & 'mAnE oru mangalachchippi' a mild thAlAttu, radio hit)...I still don't know who wrote what song but no VM confirmed...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:51 am

1981 "unknowns" - another update :

'ellAm inba mayam' - no Vairamuthu.

All songs (sollachcholla enna perumai , mAman voodu machchu voodu, onnum onnum reNdu dhAnE, AsaikkiLiyE barlA barlA) by Panju Arunachalam.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:59 am

No VM for inRu pOy nALai vA as well. (Muthulingam & GA only on movie titles)

So, 3 movies down from the list of 6 unknowns. (kadal meengaL, ellAm inba mayam, IPNV).

Remaining to be confirmed : ArAdhanai (2 hit songs), bAla nAgammA (some hits), kanniththeevu (no hits).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:08 am

Kannadasan, Vaali, Pulamaippiththan & Muthulingam for Bala Nagamma .

No VM for koondhalilE mEgam, sangeetham or paLLi aRaikkuL malligaiyail aLLi iRaiththEn...

Four down...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:18 am

Even kanniththeevu titles are available on youtube Shocked

It is a Jaishankar / Radhika / Seema movie.

All songs written by Panju A. No Vairamuthu.

Five down...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Nerd wrote:

2040 wrote:

i was introduced to this song only 10 yrs back, but this is the most powerful song for me... which i hear whenever i am in anger...
Why? To aggravate it? Soft songs kELunga ;-)

yes...
when i am angry abt the society...
happens mostly when in theerttham-mode.... (where is bala?)

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Agi music (and flipcart) says that both VM & GA have written songs for the 1981 movie 'ArAdhanai' :

http://www.flipkart.com/aarathanai/p/itmd6zcd4hf7fjze?pid=DGAD6Z9Y9WRZMUUT

Unfortunately, it doesn't say who wrote which song Sad

For now, let's give the "benefit of doubt" to VM and add those two hits to his list, until there's authentic data available otherwise.

So, 8 (sure) + 2 (probable) glorious hits for the IR-VM combo for 1981!

Now, let us see, what approx. percentage this forms within that year, out of all the hits of IR, within the TFM domain...(i.e. to continue with our line of checks & balances; earlier it showed us that there was no VM in the IR years 1976,77,78,79 and had one hit in 1980 which amounted to < 2% for that year).

How many total hits (patti-thotti, popular, radio-only all included) :

ArAdhanai (2) + alaigal O (6) + bAla nAgammA (3) + ellAm inba mayam (3) + enakkAga kAthiru (3) + garjanai (4) + indRu pOi nALai vA (4) + kadal meengaL (4) + kanniththeevu (0) + karaiyellAm sheNbagappoo (2) + kazhugu (4) + kOvil puRA (3) + meeNdum kOkilA (4) + nalladhu nadandhE theerum (0) + naNdu (2) + netRikkaN (4) + oru iravu oru paRavai (0) + panneer pushpangaL (4) + pattaNam pOgalAm vA (0) + Ram Latchuman (4) + rAja pArvai (3) + sangarlAl (1) + tik tik tik (3) + vidiyum varai kAthiru (2) = Total 65 (out of 24 movies that IR scored...please note four movies had 0 hits as per my observation, I can't be more objective that that).

The contribution of VM hits is between 12.3 & 15.4 percentage (i.e 8 or 10 hits).

That is considerably higher than the prior year. I guess PA & GA may have slightly bigger percentages but this was undoubtedly a significant year of contribution by VM to the IR-kitty!

Also, I must add here that some of the "more written about songs in the media" had the VM tag Wink ...like vizhiyil vizhundhu, Ayiram thAmarai, andhi mazhai & idhu oru nilAkkAlam. OTOH, the "janaranjaga hits" continued to be with the other poets (kappakkezhangE, Kamal-Rajini-KBR songs etc). This imbalance gave VM some kind of advantage among middle-class / above-middle-class / "educated" consumers who typically didn't warm up to kappakkezhangu kind of numbers.

Such psyche also contributed to attributing ANYTHING THAT WAS SOPHI to VM. (Like how I mentally added 'putham pudhukkAlai ponniRa vELai' to his list even though it was by GA)...Also, one must note that during this year VM had 100% hit rate with IR!

Now that the "statistics business" is taken care of, let us focus on the aesthetics and brilliance (or otherwise) of the 8-10 VM numbers of 1981.

For quick recall, here are those songs :

dharisanam kidaikkAdhA, vizhiyil vizhundhu, Ayiram thAmarai mottukkaLE (AO)

dhAgam edukkuRa nEram (EK)

vAlibamE vA vA thEnisaiyE vA vA (RL)

andhi mazhai pozhigiRadhu ovvoru thuLiyilum un mugam therigiRadhu (RP)

idhu oru nilAkkAlam, poo malarndhida nadamidum pon mayilE (Tik)

& may be's : iLam paniththuLi & oru kungumachchengamalam (ArAdhanai)...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:32 pm

App, I saw Kamesh tweeting you that the two aaraadhanai songs are indeed by VM. He checked with his friend who has the LP.

Click on the 'Connect' tab at the top of the twitter page to see your mentions.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:15 pm

mikka nanRi, Nerd!

I've never clicked that @connect before Embarassed

Well, I'm still a newbie there...

So, VM had 10 solid hits with IR in 1981.

Though 15% by way of numbers, those hits occupied > 75% of media-talk related to TFM those days, esp. the ones related to lyrics of IR songs.

As for non-IR TFM, TR continued to receive a lot of attention for both lyrics / MD of his kiLinjalkaL, rayil payaNangaLil & rAgam thEdum pallavi. GA MD-ed mouna geethangaL but no lyrics by him (KD, Vaali, Muthulingam). MSV had the big Rajini hit thillumullu, all songs by KD!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:16 pm

^Ilampani is by VM

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed) - Page 2 Uni00backcover
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Wizzy wrote:^Ilampani is by VM

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed) - Page 2 Uni00backcover

nanRi Wizzy!

Looks like you posted an image but that can't be seen from my machine Embarassed

Should check once I reach home...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:04 pm

Let's consider "idhu oru pon mAlaippozhudhu" as the serial #1 of IR-VM combo. (1980)

That way, the next one will be #2 - dharisanam kidaikkAdhA...

pAdal varikaL :

தரிசனம் கிடைக்காதா?
என் மேல் கரிசனம் கிடையாதா, கண்ணா (அல்லது தேவி),
உன் தரிசனம் கிடைக்காதா?

பொய்யில்லை கண்ணுக்குள் தீ வளர்த்தேன்
உன் பூஜைக்கு நெஞ்சுக்குள் பூ வளர்த்தேன்
விழிகளில் வழிகிற துளிகளில்
இவள் மனம் தினம் தினம் கரைகிற வரையிலும் கண்ணா!

Pallavi is quite straight forward, with some rhyming words. However, the anu pallavi is quite interesting. (No saraNam in this song which defies the usual structure)

கண்ணுக்குள் தீ & நெஞ்சுக்குள் பூ - both are typical VM stuff Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:43 pm

App ji,
Very nice analysis. the clap I hope you covered Puthiya adimaigaL. Thiraipaadal says it was in 1980, but rakkama.com says it was in 1981.
One doubt, if you were saying VM had 8-10 hits in 1981, you were also saying:

app_engine wrote:one must note that during this year VM had 100% hit rate with IR!
By this do you mean, all films this year VM worked with IR were hits?

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:53 pm

V_S wrote:By this do you mean, all films this year VM worked with IR were hits?

Means every song that VM wrote in that year was a hit. None went unnoticed!

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed) - Page 2 2798411019

(Unlike 1980 when he wrote two songs in soolam that didn't make the mark, pen mAnam kaakkum engal soolam & julie innikku nee kAli)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:56 pm

I'm not an etymologist but IMHO words like "தரிசனம்" can be called "crossovers" between Thamizh & Sanskrit. I call it "crossover" because I don't want to get into the controversy of which was first, who borrowed it from other etc. Embarassed

There are many words with an extra "அம்" விகுதி in Thamizh, compared to their "same-meaning-similar-sounding-words" of vadamozhi.

prakAsh - prakAsam, sukh - sugam, mArg - mArggam, dhukh-dhukkam etc.

This is one such : dharshan ~ தரிசனம் (dharisanam) ; can roughly be translated in English as "manifestation" or "vision" (of a deity).

In TFM domain, this term is also employed for the "appearance" of sweetheart to a longing / yearning for lover Laughing At times, in a kuRumbu manner too.

VM's predecessor in "pAl" business, Valee, wrote in azhagE unnai ArAdhikkiREn:

அபிஷேக நேரத்தில் அம்பாளை தரிசிக்க அடியேன் கொடுத்து வச்சேன், ஜென்மம் அதுக்கே எடுத்து வச்சேன் Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed) - Page 2 3814821318 Though camouflaged as a devotional, this song is actually about a boy ogling a girl when she baths.

In the AO song too, which I believe is a "music teaching" session to begin with, initially the girl apparently learns a "devotional keerththanai".

As the movie progresses, the same is converted into a love song for one of the lovers to pray to his sweetheart Smile

Neither from director's or lyricist's POV, the dharisanam thing called for any "new" imagination. That's why I said ordinary pallavi...but 'kaNNil thee vaLarththal' business is VM trademark, without doubt Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:44 am

app_engine wrote:I'm not an etymologist but IMHO words like "தரிசனம்" can be called "crossovers" between Thamizh & Sanskrit. I call it "crossover" because I don't want to get into the controversy of which was first, who borrowed it from other etc. Embarassed

There are many words with an extra "அம்" விகுதி in Thamizh, compared to their "same-meaning-similar-sounding-words" of vadamozhi.

prakAsh - prakAsam, sukh - sugam, mArg - mArggam, dhukh-dhukkam etc.

This is one such : dharshan ~ தரிசனம் (dharisanam) ; can roughly be translated in English as "manifestation" or "vision" (of a deity).

I no etymologist either but .. here I go = pra as in prakasham is a consonant cluster, which is totally absent in dravidian languages (same goes for the krupa-kiruba root in my name). The 'am' ending is just an attempt to tamilize a sanskrit word. Apparently, there are some borrowings in sanskrit from tamil like - pazham - phal. Dont ask me how it morphed though :-)
BTW, on the topic of this thread - VM has a tendency to clutch onto some sanskrit words when in times of edhugai-mOnai crisis :-)

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:12 pm

kiru wrote: here I go = pra as in prakasham is a consonant cluster, which is totally absent in dravidian languages (same goes for the krupa-kiruba root in my name). The 'am' ending is just an attempt to tamilize a sanskrit word. Apparently, there are some borrowings in sanskrit from tamil like - pazham - phal. Dont ask me how it morphed though :-)

Yes sir, I agree Smile The same 'pra' business is what one of my old colleagues often pointed out to be not from "original" Thamizh. (BTW, you mentioned "dravidian" which itself is an example of such vadamozhi style Laughing )

Please feel free to throw in your observations of VM's writing Smile

Last edited by app_engine on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:51 pm

#3 vizhiyil vizhundhu idhayam nuzhaindhu (alaigaL Oyvathillai, IR-BSS)

One of the strong flavours of VM songs is the manifestation of his "teacher" background (or may be his wife's teaching background). I guess one of them taught science for school kids at some point of time. Or, they diligently taught their sons science homework themselves Wink Every now and then there's this effect on his songs.

V_Sji has written / analyzed this number extensively in the hub (though I gave up searching for that number in the corresponding thread of 70 pages with no pointers...requested him to have those posts hosted in his blog Smile

Just want to add my observation of this "science teaching" that VM often indulges in - here he talks about how an eye functions. The light ray reflections of an object (image) "falls" on an eye and then get converted in that complex camera to get transmitted to the "heart" (or mind or brain, heart is a figurative term, it does no processing of data but mind does and in turn affects "emotions" ; heart is figuratively considered "seat of emotions" ) Laughing

Well, here are the pAdal varigaL for further analysis:

விழியில் விழுந்து இதயம் நுழைந்து உயிரில் கலந்த உறவே
இரவும் பகலும் உரசிக் கொள்ளும் அந்திப் பொழுதில் வந்துவிடு
அலைகள் உரசும் கரையில் இருப்பேன் உயிரைத் திருப்பித் தந்து விடு

உன் வெள்ளிக் கொலுசொலி வீதியில் கேட்டால் அத்தனை ஜன்னலும் திறக்கும்
நீ சிரிக்கும்போது பௌர்ணமி நிலவு அத்தனை திசையும் உதிக்கும்
நீ மல்லிகைப்பூவைச் சூடிக்கொண்டால் ரோஜாவுக்குக் காய்ச்சல் வரும்
நீ பட்டுப்புடவை கட்டிக் கொண்டால் பட்டுப் பூச்சிகள் மோட்சம் பெறும்

கல்வி கற்க நாளை செல்ல அண்ணன் ஆணையிட்டான்
காதல் மீன்கள் ரெண்டில் ஒன்றைத்தரையில் தூக்கிப்போட்டான்

இரவும் பகலும் உரசிக் கொள்ளும் அந்திப் பொழுதின் போது
அலையின் கரையில் காத்திருப்பேன் அழுத விழிகளோடு
எனக்கு மட்டும் சொந்தம் உனது இதழ் கொடுக்கும் முத்தம்
உனக்கு மட்டும் கேட்கும் எனது உயிர் உருகும் சத்தம்

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjmtsLHQ5NQ

Last edited by app_engine on Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:53 pm

#4 Ayiram thAmarai mottukkaLE (alaigaL Oyvathillai, SPB-SJ-kuzhuvinar)

No intro needed for this "kAL vadiyum pookkaL thangaL kAmbai maRakkum" song Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed) - Page 2 3814821318

Full of 'pAl' stuff like that which has become some kind of VM standard over the years. I guess people had written about kalavi in prior gen too but typically they did a lot of 'ilai maRai kAy maRai' kind of stuff. With VM, it didn't matter - straight to the point, as explicit as possible. Embarassed However, such was the case only to listeners who could understand his lingo - otherwise, such will be simply meaningless stuff - nicely packaged by catchy rAsA music.

Anyways, my post on SPB-IR thread on this song had mentioned VM and I did single out his specialities (kAdhal thozhugai, kaL vadiyum pookkaL)...

pAdal varigaL (courtesy disk.box)

(தொடக்க இசை; அதனுடன் ஜானகி மற்றும் குழுவினரின் "தந்தனன" கும்மி ஹம்மிங்)

ஆயிரம் தாமரை மொட்டுக்களே
வந்து ஆனந்தக்கும்மிகள் கொட்டுங்களேன்
ஆயிரம் தாமரை மொட்டுக்களே

இங்கு ரெண்டு ஜாதி மல்லிகை
தொட்டுக்கொள்ளும் காமன் பண்டிகை
கோயிலில் காதல் தொழுகை

ஆயிரம் தாமரை மொட்டுக்களே

(
இடையிசை)
... கொத்து மலரே
அமுதம் கொட்டும் மலரே
இங்கு தேனை ஊற்று இது தீயின் ஊற்று

... கொத்து மலரே
அமுதம் கொட்டும் மலரே
இங்கு தேனை ஊற்று இது தீயின் ஊற்று

உள்ளிருக்கும் வேர்வை வந்து நீர் வார்க்கும்
புல்லரிக்கும் மேனி எங்கும் பூப்பூக்கும்
அடிக்கடி தாகம் வந்து ஆளைக்குடிக்கும்

ஆயிரம் தாமரை மொட்டுக்களே

ஆயிரம் தாமரை மொட்டுக்களே

(
இடையிசை அதனுடன் குழுவினரின் ஹம்மிங் )
வீட்டுக்கிளியே
கூண்டை விட்டுத்தாண்டி வந்தியே
ஒரு காதல் பாரம் இரு தோளில் ஏறும்

புல்வெளியின் மீது ரெண்டு பூமாலை
ஒன்றையொன்று சூடும் இது பொன்மேடை

கள்வடியும் பூக்கள் தங்கள் காம்பை மறக்கும்

ஆயிரம் தாமரை - நநனன
ஆயிரம் தாமரை - நநனன நநன நநன
ஆயிரம் தாமரை மொட்டுக்களே

இங்கு ரெண்டு ஜாதி மல்லிகை
தொட்டுக்கொள்ளும் காமன் பண்டிகை
கோயிலில் காதல் தொழுகை

ஆயிரம் தாமரை மொட்டுக்களே

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:56 pm

I've posted in the GA thread that the keyword 'தாகம்' will no longer be PRIMARILY associated with VM Smile The possible originator of that in TFM songs was none other than "subbaNNA". (என்று தணியும் எங்கள் சுதந்திர தாகம், என்று மடியும் எங்கள் அடிமையின்  மோகம்).

That way, 'அடிக்கடி தாகம் வந்து' should not be considered a patented-VM-sin Smile

I'm taking this mun jAmeen because, the next song too starts with that word Embarassed

#5 dhAgam edukkuRa nEram (enakkAga kAthiru, Uma Ramanan)

This song is from the second directorial effort of Niwas (BR's camera man), this one without any "mERpArvai"...(His first was kallukkuL eeram).

Nice songs, O nenjame, panimazhai vizhum were by GA and dhAgam edukkuRa by VM.

Look at this 4 vari note by NagaS (Chokkan) on this song: http://4varinote.wordpress.com/2013/01/10/040/

தாகம் எடுக்குற நேரம் பாட்டுல ஒரு வரி வருது: காதல் அமுதமா, விஷமுமா, இல்லை அமுத விஷமா?’

‘அட, இதே வரி டூயட்ல ஒரு பாட்டுலயும் வருதே.’

‘எனக்காகக் காத்திரு பாட்டுல இந்த வரியை எழுதியிருக்கார் வைரமுத்து, அந்தப் பாட்டு அவ்வளவாப் பிரபலமாகலை, யாரும் கவனிக்கலையேங்கற ஆதங்கத்துல, பல வருஷம் காத்திருந்து, மறுபடி அதையே பயன்படுத்தியிருக்கார், இப்போ க்ளிக் ஆகிடிச்சு!’

அது நிற்க. ’அமுத விஷம்’ என்பது, தமிழ் இலக்கணப் பதமாகிய ‘முரண் தொடை’க்கு மிக நல்ல உதாரணம்.

Actually the song was reasonably popular at the time of arrival, frequently played in the radio and elsewhere!

rakkamma.com website has some wrong claims for lyricists of this movie (even posting an article on Vaali Laughing)

http://www.rakkamma.com/ilaiyaraaja_vaali.phtml?articleid=14

This is the vinyl cover:

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed) - Page 2 Enakkahakathirufront

pAdal varikaL:

தாகம் எடுக்குற நேரம் வாசல் வருகுது மேகம்
மதுமழை பொழியுமா மலர்வனம் நனையுமா
இனி சந்தனப்பூக்களில் சிந்தும் மகரந்தம்

இமயம் பனிமலர் சூடும் விழியில் கனவுகள் ஆடும்
இதயம் முழுவதும் நாதம் இது தான் சங்கம மாதம்
பேசும் கிளிகளே புல்வெளிகளே ஓ நனைந்த பூவே
தேவன் வந்தான் கொண்டாடுங்கள் சப்தம் இன்றி பண்பாடுங்கள்
இனி நானாடும் நீரோடை தேனோடை ஆகும் தானே?

பனிகள் உருகிடும் ஓசை பேசும் மன்மத பாஷை
இமைகள் துடித்திடும் ஓசை இதயத்தின் ரகசிய பாஷை
காதல் அமுதமா? இல்லை விஷமுமா? இல்லை அமுதவிஷமா?
கண்ணுக்குள்ளே தூக்கம் இல்லை காதல் சொல்ல நாக்கும் இல்லை
இனி நான் பாடும் பூபாளம் பாதாளம் வரையில் போகும்

Last edited by app_engine on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next