Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1

+44
nambik
Kr
ravinat
crimson king
dilbert
kaarigan
D22_Malar
writeface
Drunkenmunk
crvenky
Punnaimaran
fring151
endrum_raja
rajkumarc
layman10
MumbaiRamki
kamalaakarsh
Usha
mavurundai
Raaga_Suresh
vicks
Sanjeevi
balachidambaram
raajarasigan
mythila
groucho070
irir123
SenthilVinu
kiru
sheepChase
Wizzy
Sakalakala Vallavar
Bala (Karthik)
sagi
skr
kv
kameshratnam
plum
jaiganesh
Admin
Joe
V_S
app_engine
48 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1

Post  sagi Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:08 pm

^+1. Such a boring tune. Arrangement tries to mimic. The mimicing works for the sax / call-response teknikki / chorus. But synth spoils those too. Sumaar song. And twitter talk is, "if I had not known better I d have bet my life that it is a Raaja song". WTF! Deva has done better imitations in the past.

Last edited by Nerd on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

sagi

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:31 pm

A video about Mumbai's Dabbawaalas by @perennialplate , complete with an Ilayaraja song for background! http://ow.ly/iH2sf

"தூக்காதே வேறு எங்கும் கூஜா" Nicely fits!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:41 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:A video about Mumbai's Dabbawaalas by @perennialplate , complete with an Ilayaraja song for background! http://ow.ly/iH2sf

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1 - Page 16 2798411019

How do you get to such links?

Great SKV!

(BTW, the video credits IR for the BGM Smile )

Apart from that song, they've used the punnagai mannan theme music at the start...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:28 pm

sakala, super video. the clap Thank you!. I love Mumbai. noteworthy

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:38 pm

Example of how a stupid poll can be blown out of proportion by the media

Just for curiosity's sake, when that poll was on, I voted two times and it took it lol!

Now, that stupid IBN poll (that got NTR as the greatest actor, among others) gets reported on every website Shocked

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:16 pm

app_engine wrote:
Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:A video about Mumbai's Dabbawaalas by @perennialplate , complete with an Ilayaraja song for background! http://ow.ly/iH2sf

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1 - Page 16 2798411019

How do you get to such links?

Great SKV!

THanks App! வேற எங்க, ட்விட்டர் தான்! ஊரே இப்ப அங்க தான் கூடிருக்கு நீங்க மட்டும் தான் இங்க இருக்கீங்க! Come there! Smile

Plum , Bala, Nerd, Raaga suresh, Kamesh, rare tweeters -> Senthil Vinu, V_S, Venkiram etc
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote: ஊரே இப்ப அங்க தான் கூடிருக்கு நீங்க மட்டும் தான் இங்க இருக்கீங்க!

nanRi, SKV!

I guess facebook / twitter had been there for years but I had been blogging in the hub all along Smile The modus-operandi is still the same for me, except the change from hub to here...lazy, comfortable, big size posts etc.

Twitter's too fast / too short for my comfort Embarassed I've kept FB almost exclusively to (rarely) post personal stuff and also to stay in touch with some long-lost friends / relatives (esp. those in India).

Here, slowly we've started getting some readers ("hits")...for e.g., the GA thread now gets around 25-50 views a day and the vinyl thread gets some 100 a day. This is extremely good -considering how much views we used to get for most threads in the IR forum of the hub (of course, SPB-IR thread, titbits thread, new albums thread were exceptions but considering the # of members there and how many it shows "online / viewing" at any given time, the numbers were abysmally low).

That way, this place is performing "satisfactory" - despite being in infancy Smile

Regardless, my long posts are also a way to vent out Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:23 pm

I agree on twitter. It is too short for my liking, that we start typing, it ends immediately, so hampers my thoughts and I need to go in for next tweet. That too if we include 4-5 names, that restricts us almost to giving a smiley or nothing at all. Yes, we have twit-longer and other third party apps, but not comfortable typing in twit-longer. Still trying my best to be part of twitter, not sure how long I can survive there.

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1 - Page 16 Empty Just see

Post  layman10 Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dg-c-a7A-PU#t=123s

layman10

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:10 am

V_S wrote:I agree on twitter. It is too short for my liking, that we start typing, it ends immediately, so hampers my thoughts and I need to go in for next tweet. That too if we include 4-5 names, that restricts us almost to giving a smiley or nothing at all. Yes, we have twit-longer and other third party apps, but not comfortable typing in twit-longer. Still trying my best to be part of twitter, not sure how long I can survive there.

amen to that..

what a pain it is to piece together already elaborate and eloquent equanimus' posts spread across multiple tweets....

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:29 am

Thanks jai for acknowledging.

Here come another great news. Balki's next is with Raja. runningaround
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOICH/2013/03/16&PageLabel=27&EntityId=Ar02702&ViewMode=HTML

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:57 am

WOW, Great news V_Sji. Lot of high profile projects this year. cool3 Hope Gautham sticks with Raaja as well

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  mavurundai Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:57 am

இது எங்கள் நீதி - நீதி இது எங்கள் நீதி
Finders Keepers
Ilaiyaraaja | Ilectro (FKR058CD/LP/Digital) | April 2013
Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1 - Page 16 Artworks-000042995193-ddox0w-large
https://soundcloud.com/finderskeepersrecords/ilaiyaraaja-needhi-idhu

mavurundai

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:33 am

Super share mavurundai. Smile It's surprising that finders keepers are picking rare songs like this. Waiting to purchase, I hope they release it in April.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:12 pm

Balki's next

தற்போது மூன்றாவது படத்துக்கான வேலைகளில் பிசியாக இருக்கிறார். இந்தமுறையும் இளையராஜா, பி.சி. என்று அதே பழைய கூட்டணியுடன்தான் கைகோர்த்திருக்கிறார்.

சர்ப்ரைஸ் என்னவென்றக்ல் தென்னிந்திய நட்சத்திரத்தை இதில் பயன்படுத்தப் போகிறாராம்.

Interesting...who'll be this "southie"?

Sridevi?

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Another website posts opposite info on Balki's nexttu

இந்தப் படத்தில் தென்னிந்திய நடிகர்கள் யாரும் இல்லை என்றும் அவர் தெரிவித்தார்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:31 pm

Interesting titbit

“I don’t visit temples, but I visit book-shops, I visit audio/video-shops,” says Devendra Prabhune. Working for LIC and living in Yavatmal, Maharashtra, he says his romance with music began in the 1970s. Calling himself the “biggest Ilayaraja worshipper” in India, he boasts of having the maestro’s complete collection, apart from films of many other directors, most prominent being Marathi and Hindi versions of V. Shantaram films. He laments the declining appreciation among music lovers for quality cinema/music. “People travel in ‘Fortune’ car worth Rs.20 lakh but they buy pirated audio disc for Rs.20. Bas music baj rahaaa hai, it’s enough for them. They don’t care about its quality.”

More of an audiophile than a cinephile, he likes collecting national award-winning music albums. He regrets the non-availability of the Lalgudi Jayaraman-composed “Sringaaram”.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:55 pm

BR pulambal

இளையராஜா விஷயத்திலும்....?

நிறைய இருக்கு. இப்ப அது எதுக்கு?

ஒவ்வொருத்தனுக்கும் கடந்த காலம் இருக்கு. வசந்தங்கள் மட்டுமே அதில் இருக்காது. சொல்லப்படாத சில பக்கங்களும் இருப்பவன்தானே மனுசன். சென்னைக்கு வந்து, சினிமா கனவில் அலையும்போது, கண்கள் நிறைய கனவு மட்டும்தான் இருக்கும். வயிறு நிறைய பசிக்கும். கண்கள் சொக்கிய அன்றைக்கு ஆயுத பூஜை.... ஒரு பெட்ரோல் பாங்க் வாசலில் நின்று பொரி வாங்கித்தான் அன்றைக்கு வயிறு நிரப்பினோம். நான், இளையராஜா, கங்கை அமரன் இன்னும் சில பேருக்கு அன்றைக்கு அந்த பொரிதான் சாப்பாடு. தண்ணீரில் ஊற வச்சு ஊற வச்சு சாப்பிட்டு கனவு வளர்த்தோம். இதைச் சொன்னால், அவனுக்கு கோபம் வந்துடுது. கடவுள் போட்ட பிச்சைதான் இந்த வாழ்க்கைன்னு நான் இப்ப உணர்றேன். முடியவில்லை என்கிற போதுதான் தத்துவம் பிறக்குது. முடிந்து விட்டால்தான் எல்லாத்தையும் முடித்து விடுவோமே?

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:58 pm

rAsA "interview"

இப்ப வர்ற பல படங்களில் உங்க பாடலை அப்படியே பயன்படுத்துறாங்க.

அதுவும் போதாமல், உங்க பின்னணி இசையையும் அப்படியே யூஸ் பண்றாங்களே? 'மறந்தேன் மன்னித்தேன்' படத்தின் பத்திரிகையாளர் சந்திப்பில் இளையராஜாவிடம் கேட்டபோது, ஒரு அலட்சிய சிரிப்பை உதிர்த்தார் ராஜா. என்னத்தை சொல்ல சொல்றீங்க? நான் எதையாவது சொன்னா நாட்ல சட்டம் ஒழுங்கு சரியில்லேன்னு இளையராஜா சொல்றார்னு எழுதுவீங்க. அது தேவையா எனக்கு? என் பாடலையும் பின்னணி இசையையும் அனுமதியில்லாமல் காப்பியடிக்கிறவங்கதான் அதுக்காக கூச்சப்படணும் என்றார்.

பேச்சு மெல்ல வைவ் ரீரெக்கார்டிங் சம்பந்தமாக போனது. என் படங்களுக்கு ரீரெக்கார்டிங் வாசிச்ச கலைஞர்கள் இப்பவும் என்னோட வாசிக்கிறாங்க. எல்லாமே இப்ப மிஷின் செய்ய ஆரம்பிச்சுருச்சு. இந்த இனமே அழிஞ்சு போயிட்டு இருக்கு. நான் கனடாவில் இசைக்கச்சேரி நடத்தும் போது எல்லா பின்னணி இசை கலைஞர்களையும் கூட்டிட்டு போயிருந்தேன். அந்த கூட்டத்தில் நான் சொன்னது இதுதான். இவங்களையெல்லாம் இப்பவே பார்த்துக்கங்க. இனிமே இந்த மாதிரியெல்லாம் யாரும் செய்யப் போறதில்ல. இதோட இந்த வழக்கம் அழிஞ்சுரும்னு சொன்னேன்.

கால மாற்றம், விஞ்ஞான மாற்றம்னு எவ்வளவோ வருது. எல்லாத்துக்கும் சகிச்சுட்டு போக பழகிட்டோம் என்று கவலைப்பட்டார் ராஜா.

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:01 pm

rAsA in uNNA viradham, a rarity

இலங்கை அரசுக்கு எதிராக சென்னையில் இன்று இயக்குநர்கள் சங்கம் உண்ணாவிரதம் மேற்கொள்கிறது. இந்த உண்ணாவிரத்தில் திரையுலகைச் சேர்ந்த மற்ற சங்கங்களும் பங்கேற்றுள்ளன.
உண்ணாவிரத்தில் இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜா பங்கேற்றார். அப்போது அவர் பேசுகையில், அரசியலுக்கும் எனக்கும் சம்மந்தம் இல்லை. நான் அரசியல் பேச முடியாது. மனிதாமான முறையில் கலைஞர்கள் இருக்கும் உண்ணாவிரதத்திற்கு ஆதரவு கொடுக்க வந்தேன் என்றார்.
பொதுவாக இளையராஜா ஆர்ப்பாட்டம், போராட்டம், உண்ணாவிரதம் போன்ற எந்த நிகழ்ச்சியிலும் கலந்து கொள்வதில்லை. திரைப்பட நிகழ்ச்சிகளிலேயே அரிதாகத்தான் அவர் கலந்து கொள்வார் என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:04 pm

dig

Another Ilayaraja wins NA, for viswaroopam

end-dig

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:07 pm

rAsA gifted an actress a song

lol! if you read between the lines Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:59 pm

IR's name getting featured in many news reports related to anti-lankA agitation

Many movie directors sat on hunger protest in Chennai. Music composer Illayaraja joined the agitation.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mavurundai Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:22 am

இசைஞானியும் எஸ்.ஜே.சூர்யாவும்

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1 - Page 16 Direcrors193313_211

mavurundai

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:00 pm

nA Kamarasan, who wrote 'sittukku sellachchittukku'

இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜாவும் எனக்கு நிறைய பாடல்கள் எழுத சந்தர்ப்பம் அளித்தார். பொதுக்கூட்டம் பேச வெளியூர் சென்ற காரணத்தாலேயே பல படங்களில் பாடல் எழுதும் வாய்ப்பை நான் இழந்திருக்கிறேன்.

இளையராஜா இசையில் "நல்லவனுக்கு நல்லவன்' படத்தில் நான் எழுதிய "சிட்டுக்கு செல்ல சிட்டுக்கு ஒரு சிறகு முளைத்தது' என்ற பாடல் பிரபலமடைந்து எனக்கு நல்ல பெயரைப் பெற்றுத் தந்தது. இதேபோல் கமல் நடித்த "காக்கி சட்டை' படத்தில் நான் எழுதிய "வானிலே தேன் நிலா ஆடுதே பாடுதே' என்ற பாடல், "அன்புள்ள ரஜினிகாந்த்' படத்தில் இடம் பெற்ற "முத்துமணிச்சுடரே வா', "வெள்ளை ரோஜா' படத்தில் இடம் பெற்ற "ஓ மானே மானே' போன்றவை எனக்கு நல்ல புகழைப் பெற்றுத் தந்த பாடல்களில் சில.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next