Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IR 1000 - Vijay TV vAzhga! (Place for collection of all posts on this topic)

+9
Drunkenmunk
rajkumarc
counterpoint
Usha
ravinat
V_S
sheepChase
app_engine
Wizzy
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IR 1000 - Vijay TV vAzhga! (Place for collection of all posts on this topic) - Page 2 Empty Re: IR 1000 - Vijay TV vAzhga! (Place for collection of all posts on this topic)

Post  app_engine Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:59 pm

We had read the pulambal of one hero (Pratap Pothen) about the event. (Though his association as a director has much more relevance to IR's music than simply as a hero).

We've also read a lot about Kamal's presence on screen / stage and otherwise for this function.

What about all other "heroes"? I believe Parthiban was on stage and there had been reports about Prakash Raj being present - who is more of a villain than a hero and associated with IR particularly as a producer / director and not necessarily as an actor.

Looks like Rajinikanth had health issues (or possibly other political issues with Vijay TV) and wasn't present, even though there were some media speculations that he was going to be at the event. 

In the "pre-event" video, I saw Prabhu - not sure if he was in the actual event or not.

I believe rest of them weren't around (including Mohan / Ramarajan / Vijayakanth / Karthik - all these had a ton of hit music by IR). Neither were M & M or biggies from AP.

Likewise, while we read about Radha / Poornima / Kushbu, there was no Sridevi (unfortunately, many of the earlier heroinis of IR's hit music, like Sujatha / Shobha / Fadafat are no more)...was Revathy present or not?

Of course,almost all "current biggies" were absent, even though they say from time to time that they "grew-up" with IR's music etc. (I think I read about Karthi s/o Sivakumar at the event...but was sivamaindhar himself present or not...)

In general, the event had very less support by actor / actress community, it appears.

Shows how much our acting community values a genius from their field!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

IR 1000 - Vijay TV vAzhga! (Place for collection of all posts on this topic) - Page 2 Empty Re: IR 1000 - Vijay TV vAzhga! (Place for collection of all posts on this topic)

Post  Wizzy Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:57 am

Wish he had played these in Sennai, Raaja would have been thrilled  Smile

the clap to the uploader's patience in recording all the vids. 

In general, the event had very less support by actor / actress community, it appears.
wish it remains that way else we have to content with people like Packiaraj 

Shows how much our acting community values a genius from their field!

what about those in his field, only handful of MDs/musicians turned up.
donno if Visay TV messed up they could have easily slotted in someone like Sharreth for a performance.
though props to them for not pimping their Super Singer contestants.

is Rev. Jamesu back on social media and had anything to say on the show?  Laughing
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:34 pm

Wizzy wrote:is Rev. Jamesu back on social media and had anything to say on the show?  Laughing

rotfl

ரெண்டு பிரச்னை :

1. போன தடவை அடி ரொம்ப பலம்னு நெனக்கேன்...சரியாகக் கொஞ்ச நாளாகும்.

2. விஜய் டிவி அவருக்கு இப்போது இருக்கும் ஒரே ஊன்றுகோல் (சூப்பர் சிங்கர்ல 9-ஆவது நடுவராவாச்சும் உக்கார வைக்குறாங்க. அதுவும் இல்லாமப்போயிடும்)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:03 pm

Wizzy. The uploader is a friend who traveled all the way from Seattle to NYC just for this show and took the videos and uploaded them the next day from Seattle. Just underlining it to highlight the sheer devotion of the guy --> ManavAdu by the name of Naveen.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:46 pm

Watched the Part 1 of "ILaiyaraja 1000" from Vijay TV today.
Seemed to have all the grandeur and pomp as a superstar's new release.
It was simply enthralling to listen to Chitra and chorus sing "ennuLE ennuLE",

"kaNNan vandhu pAdugindrAn kAlamellAm". I cannot say the same about Mano , who made a mockery of "iLamai ennum poongAtRu". SPB and guitar Prasanna just freaked out on the stage with "iLaiya nilA".Poor Napolean was given a second chance, thanks to SPB's prodding, to get his second bgm act right and he lapped up the opportunity and delivered. Bala tried unsuccessfully to mask the opportunist in him by sappakattufying for the word "payan paduthal" ofIR. I hold him squarely responsible for giving a legend like IR in an utterly gory, violent, junk of a movie for his 1000th film. I only wish IR had taken Prakash Raj's "uLavachaaru biriyANi" as his 1000th. Prakash Raj proved himself to be a true "rasika" of IR's music be not trying to hog limelight or score brownie pounts by uttering some nonsense.
How many ever times I listen to "sundari kaNNAl oru seidhi" , it NEVER fails to amaze me. That is the stuff of classics!
KJY and SJ were conspicuous by their absence.

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:57 am

mythila wrote:Watched the Part 1 of "ILaiyaraja 1000" from Vijay TV today.
Seemed to have all the grandeur and pomp as a superstar's new release.
It was simply enthralling to listen to Chitra and chorus sing "ennuLE ennuLE",

"kaNNan vandhu pAdugindrAn kAlamellAm". I cannot say the same about Mano , who made a mockery of "iLamai ennum poongAtRu". SPB and guitar Prasanna just freaked out on the stage with "iLaiya nilA".Poor Napolean was given a second chance, thanks to SPB's prodding, to get his second bgm act right and he lapped up the opportunity and delivered. Bala tried unsuccessfully to mask the opportunist in him by sappakattufying for the word "payan paduthal" ofIR. I hold him squarely responsible for giving a legend like IR in an utterly gory, violent, junk of a movie for his 1000th film. I only wish IR had taken Prakash Raj's "uLavachaaru biriyANi" as his 1000th. Prakash Raj proved himself to be a true "rasika" of IR's music be not trying to hog limelight or score brownie pounts by uttering some nonsense.
How many ever times I listen to "sundari kaNNAl oru seidhi" , it NEVER fails to amaze me. That is the stuff of classics!
KJY and SJ were conspicuous by their absence.
Agree totally..
Generally the genuine nature of the old generation artistes  simply shines through in the stage.. Be it Napoleon, Raaja Orchestra, Raaja himself, Suseela, Chitra , SPB 
 their art and their demeanor and the way they present themselves before art is simply touching..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:14 am

3 to 7... ukkarndhu parthen.. endha thadangalum illamal......... tired agavilai.......... Refresh dhan anen...........

Film actressess...  

Poornima sonnadhu..... Tamizhuku pudhithu.. Raja sir music pidikum.... pudhu director... Sundararajan... nadika kupitar.

thayanginen.. nanum pudhithu.. Director um pudhidhu... eppadi endru....... IR music endru sonnargal... sari endru sonnen... andha padam

paatu ellam ungaluku theridhu irukum.. indru varai hit dhan... Payanangal MUdivadhilllai........

Radha........ ivarudaiya music il... sadharanamaga irukum naam... Glamour aga azhaga therivom endru rasithu sonnar....

Kushboo....... matra padam.. paatu ellam kaekum podhu.. enaku yen idhu ellam ilai endru ninaithu kolven........

Singers.

PS........ romba azhagaga bless panninanga........ Rasavin manasilae en rasa un nenapu than.. ipadi than ungalai ninaithu kondu ellarum inga irukanga.......

Mano.... naan inga irundhu padugiren enral.. en kudumbam inga iruku endral.. adhu Raja sir potta pichai........

Usha udup..... romba azhaga sonnar.. Roti kapda aur makkan. unga musician ku  ungalal endru....(romba emotionalaga sonnar.)

S P Shailaja... engaluku ellam romba nanraga solli kuduthu pada vaitheergal Raja sir......

Uma Ramanan...  PS amma kuda nanga inga nirka karanam neenga dhan... new singers engaluku romba kashtamana paatu ellam koduthu pada vecheenga...

Raja Sir ai patri.. sonnavargal yaranga irundhalum.... manadhara oru anbudan... oru pasathudan pesinargal... Real Feelings... adhu dhane Raja.......

Audiance...... ellam mugathilum sandhosham... paatai kaekum podhu... paravasam.... Real Feelings.........no artificial......... Rasithen......

BGM of some films.......... Experience.. pesiyadhu............

Guitar Prasanna.... Beautiful.........ulagam ellam sutri vittu.. veetuku vandhu amma sappadu.. madhirii Raja Sir music.........

anaithu mugathilum.... Anbu therindhadhu.. Pasam therindhadhu......... idhu dhane vendum........... Rajakaga........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Link for this show

http://www.tamiltvshows.net/2016/03/ilayaraja-aayiram-20-03-2016-ilaiyaraja-1000-vijay-tv-ilaiyaraaja-aayiram-show

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:57 pm

Web duniya on TV program

நிகழ்ச்சியை உருவாக்கியவர்களில் ஒருவர் கூட இளையராஜாவின் தீவிரமான ரசிகர் இல்லை என்பது மட்டும் புரிந்தது.

மீண்டும் ஒரு பாராட்டு விழா நடத்த விரும்பினால் உலகின் பல மூலைகளில் பரவிக் கிடக்கம் ராஜாவின் கோடானு கோடி ரசிகர்களின் கருத்துக்களைக் கேளுங்கள்.

அப்போதுதான், இளையராஜாவின் இசையைப் போலவே அந்த நிகழ்வும் இனிமையாக அமையும்

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3u6892YKKI&feature=youtu.be

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:51 am

Guitar Prasanna.... with Singer Karthick and Goutham Vasudve...

Beautiful one...... IR's Guitar Beauty...... Feel panna vechanga....... Songs selections are so good...

Rasave unna nambi... Super......

Katrai konjam nirka sonnen.... Raja... thalam pottu .. avargal vasithadhu.. manadhuku sari endru pattu.... adhan pin oru siripu...... enna oru manasu.........

Raja Sir's Orchestra........ Most beautiful and Best one......

ovoru paatukum vasikum podhum... mugathil sandhosham..........  amazing..........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:03 pm

from Prasanna

https://www.facebook.com/Prasanna-7536103955/

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:46 pm

Prasanna's segments were the highlight of the show for me, with Padariyen not far behind.  And Sundari is always special.  Was a bit disappointed with the saxophonist's performance on Kannan Vandhu Paadugindran.  He was technically ok but seemed to be shy, the original rendering is way more expressive.  Prasanna was sticking to very faithful renderings of the tracks being that this show was intended to felicitate IR, otherwise he can do lots of extensions/improvisations.  That would have been interesting but probably too ambitious for the constraints of this show.  The younger female singers who performed - be it Priya Himesh or Anitha - just seem to have a tonality that comes across as harsh, as if discharging too much breath too fast.  When you listen to Chithra (or SPB for that matter), their voice doesn't have that effect, it's much more soothing.  Yevluv naal dhan ivaale paaduval, no one to step into their shoes.   Crying or Very sad

Overall, I liked the performances, could have done without the flabby, unwieldy nature of the programme, more so the telecast which just dragged on and on.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:17 pm

Why was GA left out completely in this show? YSR even spoke about Bhaskar. It stuck out like a sore thumb.

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:16 pm

counterpoint wrote:while it is good that Vijay TV took initiative I still feel that something like this should have been not driven by any media channel but by the film industry. The Tamil film cine musucuans union or one of the tamil director/nadigar sangams. Unfortunatkly a lot of these events are being sold to the highest channel bidder. When ARR was felicitated for his Oscar it was only a small function(in scale) organized by TAmil cine musicians union but one in which all the legends were there. He will never get another tribute like that with all his peers/seniors/juniors assembled in once place. It was one of a kind. Something similar should have been there for IR at the very least. With less emphasis on TRP and more on peer recognition.

Exactly my thoughts on the show. Still Vijay TV cannot be complained having taken this much initiative, but as you quoted, the initiative should have come from film industry as he served for them for 40 long years. It is really a shame they did not do it.

Watching the show live and watching on TV are two different/separate things which I realized only after watching it live. You will never get the live experience on TV.  Also Vijay TV telecast was arranged and not as per the original order. To be honest, I really underestimated on the audience and went really late around 7 pm. I was really surprised where not a single seat was vacant and we had to rely on some other seats than the allocated ones.The overwhelming responses from all ages struck me that how much I was missing to enjoy IR's music with the crowd. More than watching the stage, I was mostly looking around and how our fellow fans are really enjoying the show and are totally into it. That itself gave me goosebumps.

I was running 102 degrees (flu) that morning of the show, but I had booked tickets earlier as soon as I landed in Chennai. I almost cancelled the tickets, but after a good sleep (with antibiotics), I geared up to go there despite my condition. All the weakness in me went in air as soon as I saw him on stage and as soon as I am inside his music. The next 4-5 hours (yes I returned by 12 am when thaikudam bridge was performing) was a breath-taking experience.

The acoustics was superb, that we cannot get to hear either on TV on any big systems. It has to be witnessed live, especially guitar riffs by Prasanna, the mind-blowing orchestration, ever youthful voices of SPB, Chitra and others. Really surprised how SPB can still sing with same quality (if not better) the same songs he sang 30 years before. He threw all the current generation singers out of the park with his outstanding voice/tonal quality and rendering. In fact, Karthik could not sing pOttu vaitha kaathal thittam in the same scale/key what Kamal sang. He openly admitted to Kamal, that level cannot be reached, even being a professional singer  Embarassed

Guitar Prasanna literally tore us apart with his brilliant guitar playing faithful to the original and with his small band. Hats off!

Another huge thing for me was, I thought since the show was on felicitation for IR, IR's musicians will not play there, someone else would be playing. To my biggest surprise his musicians performing doubled my experience and ecstasy.

Couple of amusing speeches, surprisingly the one came from Bhagiyaraj equating IR to someone very irrelavant. P Susheela advising IR to give chances for new singers, as if IR is not already doing it or PS was in a different world. Parthiban-Bala embarrassments. Really liked Panchu sir, Mysskin, Venkatesh, Prakash Raj and Uma Ramanan's speeches.

Kamal's entry was really awesome, but I really missed the speeches by him live as it happened at the last, but caught on TV.

Overall a memorable show, especially for a first timer like me (even though I had a glimpse of him in Coimbatore (again very very far) when I was in college, but I only vaguely remember that show way back in 88-89).

Last edited by V_S on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:01 pm

Requesting the modesty/humility championing brigade to take a good look at
the true , honest display of modesty towards his chosen art, his carnatic Guru TVG
when IR admitted to have really not learnt anything so far. Profound words uttered in all
humility in front of music doyens like TVG, Vikku Vinayakram, must be an eye opener
at least for a few. hm...
L.Sub mesmerized us with a brief piece. It was a heart warming gesture that IR acknowledged his closeness with L.Sub family.

Last edited by mythila on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:27 pm

V_S ,thanks for  a very nice recount of your live experience of the show.

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:05 pm

from V_S

I was running 102 degrees (flu) that morning of the show, but I had booked tickets earlier as soon as I landed in Chennai. I almost cancelled the tickets, but after a good sleep (with antibiotics), I geared up to go there despite my condition. All the weakness in me went in air as soon as I saw him on stage and as soon as I am inside his music. The next 4-5 hours (yes I returned by 12 am when thaikudam bridge was performing) was a breath-taking experience.

So sad..  analum.. Raja music... true medicine......... adhai than unargiren....... Thanks for sharing VS..

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:32 am

V_S wrote: Also Vijay TV telecast was arranged and not as per the original order. 

editing was such a crapshoot, they even cut short some of the performances.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri May 27, 2016 5:48 pm

So, this was possibly the compromise with which producers agreed to let the Vijay TV show 

Embarassed

Embarassed

இந்த இசை நிகழ்ச்சி மூலம் கிடைக்கும் வருமானத்தை நலிந்த தயாரிப்பாளர்களின் குழந்தைகளின் கல்வி உள்ளிட்ட செலவுக்காக வழங்கப்பட இருக்கிறது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2