Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Online Radio

+6
writeface
Wizzy
Usha
jaiganesh
app_engine
palmgrove
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Official Online Radio - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Online Radio

Post  app_engine Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:59 pm

The beginning of "next song" overlapping the end of "current song" for a few seconds, is mostly OK. (New feature).

Rare species like me might complain missing a few notes of both songs due to this overlap but it is possibly exciting for tech-savvy people and relatively younger ones Smile

While the quality is much improved from where it was a few months before, once in a while we hear "jerks" (yesterday it "re-played" a few words in both saraNams of Ayiram thAmarai mottukkaLE, for example. This happened with a couple other songs too)...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  vbss75 Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:41 am

app_engine wrote:The beginning of "next song" overlapping the end of "current song" for a few seconds, is mostly OK. (New feature).

Rare species like me might complain missing a few notes of both songs due to this overlap but it is possibly exciting for tech-savvy people and relatively younger ones Smile

While the quality is much improved from where it was a few months before, once in a while we hear "jerks" (yesterday it "re-played" a few words in both saraNams of Ayiram thAmarai mottukkaLE, for example. This happened with a couple other songs too)...

Thanks.

Will check out Aayiram Thaamarai. And will be adding more songs soon !

vbss75

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:12 pm

The radio on the Maestro App & raajafm.com are two different channels per my observation.

In the sense, they are playing different songs at a given point of time Smile

Looks like the "radio" on the app is doing a "popular hits only" playlist, as I haven't listened to those "rare" numbers.

OTOH, even though some of them may not be to my taste, on raajafm.com, there are always songs unknown to me...that way, raajafm.com will probably be my personal preference in the coming days, just for the kick of finding some new numbers.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:08 pm

@vbss75, digging some of the changes in Maestro's app and new Playlists and lock screen controls  cheers

could you add the option to Cast audio to compatible devices and if possible remote controls for earphones?
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:46 am

I heard the Telugu version of 'vAnengum thanga viNmeengaL' twice yesterday, within a couple of hours.

I'm fine with repeats - after all I repeat some songs non-stop for hours sometimes, looping many times Laughing

However, with this song, the audio quality is very poor - including jumping / skipping portions etc Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon May 01, 2017 5:19 pm

In the past several months (i.e. ever since raajafm.com went live), I've got opportunity to hear a number of TeFM songs of IR that were hitherto unheard.

Interestingly, these included "dubbed" versions of TFM classics such as Johny, ullAsappaRavigaL etc as well as TeFM originals of some albums that were immensely popular in TFM as well (e.g. geethAnjali / idhayaththai thirudAdhE).

There had been a number of cases of "remakes" as well. For example, I heard the song "E jaithra veeNA" (or something like that, a differently orchestrated version of 'O veNNilAvE vA Odi vA' of Anandhakkummi).

Even though I can't claim I've listened to "all" other language songs of IR (let alone all songs, including dubbed ones, in Thamizh), I feel like getting presumptuous to make the following comments Embarassed

1. Dubbed songs are often atrocious (please don't think of salangai oli kind of exceptions, hear Telugu versions of Johny / ullAsappaRavaigaL and such). I guess there was no direct supervision by IR in such cases. Such is the case even when the singers are as seasoned jAmbavAns as SPB / PS. Interestingly, SJ seems to not fall into this trap of "laziness" when IR is not around. Others are definitely guilty. Regardless, the sound engg. orch mixing and such details are terrible in most cases and I pity IR, for he was probably unaware of such atrocities being done to his classics when those got dubbed into other languages. (jOdi nadhigaL Telugu is a quick example for the terrible situation. Germanyin sendhEn malarE Telugu is another, which sounds worse than amateur karoke version).

2. Even when IR was involved in the dubbing, original versions are mostly superior. (Needs no explanation, please listen to salangai oli or idhayathai thirudAdhE songs and compare their Telugu originals. Or the Thamizh originals of mudhal mariyAdhai and such classics and their Telugu versions.) It will be very hard to find exceptions - even where the original singer happened to be with lower ratings -such as Jency / Krishnachandar - and the remakes done by the likes of PS / SPB.

3.  OTOH, in the case of "remakes" (e.g. prati dinam of anumanaspAdam v/s mayanginEn sollaththayanginEn), I can't make such outright statements Smile  Quite often, they are comparable! Depending upon one's tastes / love for certain instruments / appreciation of poem / nostalgia etc, the remake could have been even better in a number of cases. BTW, it may not always be easy to determine which language version was the "original" - especially of those mid 80's when things were happening in feverish pace and it's not easy to determine which got "recorded" first. (We may be able to get only the disk release dates, i.e. if we are fortunate, but not the recording dates).

4. One most important takeaway from these dubbed / remade songs is the solid proof that for IR songs, singers are merely equivalent to "lead instruments" (as often claimed by HCIRFs). These help to strengthen my conviction that I would have loved most of these numbers even if the vocals were replaced with instrumental versions (or simply removed and released, as in the case of iLamai idhO idhO of SKV) Wink

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3