Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New millennium Movies / TV shows / Radio shows / others doing homage to IR songs / scores

2 posters

Go down

New millennium Movies / TV shows / Radio shows / others doing homage to IR songs / scores Empty New millennium Movies / TV shows / Radio shows / others doing homage to IR songs / scores

Post  app_engine Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:09 am

Thread to collect all references of IR songs & scores in movies / TV shows / Radio shows of new millennium...
(Of course none of them had any specific permission from IR or "nanRi" title card)...

Purpose :
To establish the rAsA psyche in the minds of TN population in general & to expose the business interests that exploit this (possibly without paying a penny to rAsA) Smile

எது எங்க இருந்தாலும் இங்கே வந்து பதிவு செய்யுங்கள்!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

New millennium Movies / TV shows / Radio shows / others doing homage to IR songs / scores Empty Re: New millennium Movies / TV shows / Radio shows / others doing homage to IR songs / scores

Post  app_engine Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:14 am

Let me start with this "kutty chutties" reference.

A popular program on Sun TV each week. Gets a lot of hits on youtube as well.

Whenever aNNAchchi does azhuvAchchi, the appu theme gets played!

This is done week after week and one need not search hard to find this...All I had to do was play the recent one for a few minutes and it came twice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qruzHQ9qrqE&t=155s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qruzHQ9qrqE&t=605s

Look at the whole episode here (this one is not very good but some episodes are really hilarious):

I don't know if Sun TV kuzhumam paid rAsA or rAj kamal or any other copyright owner of this theme any money at all Embarassed

However, what I do know is THEY DON'T SHOW ANY "NANRI" CARD ON YOUTUBES to the creator of this wonderful piece! Mad

app_engine

Back to top Go down

New millennium Movies / TV shows / Radio shows / others doing homage to IR songs / scores Empty Re: New millennium Movies / TV shows / Radio shows / others doing homage to IR songs / scores

Post  app_engine Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:10 am

This portion was played on TV's 100's of times during the arrival of the movie Subramaniapuram (which went on to become a big hit and trend-setter) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajavjrlI1Ds&t=190s

Did they credit rAsA anywhere in the movie titles? Any "Thank you" card? Royalty payment?

Per recent article by Vamanan on ToI, the rights should have been simply with the music companies those days. They possibly didn't pay that company too (EMI - The gramaphone company of India - does it even exist today?)

In any case, let me post the youtube here as well:

BTW, siRuponmaNi asaiyum is originally from kallukkuL eeram (1980) with Bharathiraja & Aruna doing hero / heroini roles. Niwas did the direction under the mERpArvai of BR. GA is the lyricist.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:34 pm

I can right away bring forth 2 instances that come to my mind.
1. "aadAma jeyichOmadA" song from "MangAthA", at the fag end where they playthe "muLLum malarum" "RAman AndAlum" song for which Ajith quips "mabbunA isaignAni paatu dhAn gynAbagam varudhu"

2. Recently in the movie "Madras", a stray character comments to the heroes travelling on a van playing the RAjA song "thendral vandhu theendum bOdhu", as a song that is very soul touching or something like that

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down