Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found!

+10
counterpoint
Raaga_Suresh
Saravanan
baroque
Drunkenmunk
groucho070
plum
V_S
Usha
app_engine
14 posters

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found! - Page 15 Empty Re: SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found!

Post  app_engine Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:59 pm

Usha wrote:App.
      Patttu link thappa iruku.idhu asai nenjin kanavugal.pani mazhai pattu illaiyae.

Embarassed

Thank you for prompting!

Fixed it Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found! - Page 15 Empty Re: SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found!

Post  app_engine Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:14 am

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 159
பொங்குதே புன்னகை 
(இப்படியும் ஒரு பெண்,1975)

rA.mu.159 of SPB
pongudhE punnagai
(ippadiyum oru peN, 1975, with BV) 
MD : Bhanumathi Ramakrishna
Lyricist : Kannadasan (?)

Udhaya of tfmpage/dhool had written an SOTD post on this song with superlative praises Embarassed

http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/532.html

While the song on the surface is "catchy" without doubt, it is far from being impressive to me - and also screams to be looted from some 60's-70's indhi songs. 

As I'm weak in that database, I'll let experts like DM & Sureshji identify the originals. 

In any case, there's no question about the prelude humming being a direct lift of the popular ArAdhanA song -kOrA kAgaz thA yE man mErA - which Udhaya himself acknowledges; in addition, rest of the song / interludes too all sound indhi to me - the so-called "ashtAvadhAni" lady possibly took pieces from here and there and stitched a song Embarassed 

I don't know if Kannadasan really penned this nursery rhyme kind of lyrics Embarassed Though some websites claim that way (unfortunately I cannot authenticate one way or other as no movie titles I could find), I'm finding it hard to accept. Even school kids can easily put together such lyrics IMHO.

SPB is a definite plus for this song (otherwise this would have been forgotten IMHO), he obviously throws in a lot of bucks...OTOH, the lady singer is paridhAbam - another juvenile performer in this comical effort, much like the MD and lyricist. 

Well, the MD was also the movie director - ashtAvadhAni lady it seems but didn't have much left at this point of time in her reserves. That way, nothing surprising to get such a mediocre resultant. 

There is another horror in this album, sung by Bhanumathi herself with her pAttiyammA voice "saRRi gammappA - pAttu pAdunga"  Embarassed

Well, one more addition to this thread count. avvaLavE IMHO. 

Here are the pAdal vadigaL / youtube :

பொங்குதே புன்னகை 
புள்ளியிட்ட கலைமானை அள்ளி இட்ட விழியோரம்
பொன் மின்னல் வெள்ளம் பொங்குதே

போதுமா புன்னகை
பொட்டு வைத்த முகத்தோடு கட்டி வைத்த இதழ் மீது
புது வண்ணக்கோலம் போதுமா 

மணமகள் வைதேகி நடை பார்க்கிறேன்
தசரத ரகுராமன் முகம் பார்க்கிறேன்
இனிக் கல்யாணமே சுப வைபோகமே
அது இல்லாவிடில் கண்கள் மழை மேகமே
இந்த ரகுராமன் மனமெங்கும் ஒரு ராகமே

மழைக்காலம் வரும் போது மழை வந்தது 
மணக்கோலம் வரும் என்று மனம் சொன்னது
அன்பு நிலையானது நெஞ்சில் சிலையானது
கலையான நம் சொந்தம் கலையாதது

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23NnyOiLyxQ

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:48 am

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 160
கொட்டிக்கிடந்தது கனி இரண்டு 
(வாழ்ந்து காட்டுகிறேன்,1975)

rA.mu.160 of SPB
kottikkidandhahu kani iraNdu
(vAzhndhu kAttugiREn, 1975, with PS) 
MD : MSV
Lyricist : Kannadasan

MSV has Joseph Krishna as assistant in the titles here, for this average song!
(akkA-thambi style singing for some lewd slEdai lines by KD Embarassed Embarassed )

I've heard this song a few times on radio...and didn't have much liking for it . 

Boring number Embarassed

கொட்டிக்கிடந்தது கனி இரண்டு
எட்டிப்பறித்தது கை இரண்டு
கட்டிப்பிடித்தது கனிவு கொண்டு
தட்டிப்பறிப்பதில் சுகமும் உண்டு

இலைகள் உண்டு மறைந்து கிடக்கின்ற மலர்கள் உண்டு
வலைகள் உண்டு விழுந்து தவிக்கின்ற மீன்கள் உண்டு
அஞ்சி அஞ்சிக் கிடந்தது அழகு ஒன்று
கெஞ்சிக்கெஞ்சிக் கேட்டது இதயம் ஒன்று
மிஞ்சி மிஞ்சிப்போனதில் பொருளும் உண்டு
கொஞ்சிக்கொஞ்சிப் பார்ப்பதில் குணமும் உண்டு

அருவி உண்டு நனைந்து குளிக்கின்ற குருவி உண்டு
அலைகள் உண்டு அதிலும் சிலவகைக் கலைகள் உண்டு
மெல்ல மெல்ல இணைகின்ற உறவு உண்டு
சொல்லச்சொல்ல மணக்கின்ற சுவையும் உண்டு
இல்லை இல்லையென உள்ளம் மறுப்பதுண்டு
எல்லை கடந்தால் அது இனிப்பதுண்டு

மலைகள் உண்டு அதனை மறைக்கின்ற முகில்கள் உண்டு
கொடிகள் உண்டு அதையும் வளைக்கின்ற இலைகள் உண்டு
மின்னி மின்னித் துடிக்கின்ற விழிகள் உண்டு
பின்னிப்பின்னி இழுக்கின்ற இதழ்கள் உண்டு
என்ன என்ன ஓசைகள் பிறப்பதுண்டு
இன்னும் சொல்ல நினத்தால் தணிக்கை உண்டு

Muthuraman  / Sujatha on-screen & "udhirippookkaL" Mahendran is the dialog writer for the movie, as per titles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvzLhiJwiDA

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:43 pm

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 161
பால் நிலவு நேரம் 
(அன்பு ரோஜா,1975)

rA.mu.161 of SPB
pAl nilavu nEram
(anbu rOjA, 1975, with PS) 
MD : S-G
Lyricist : ? (Panju Arunachalam? Vaali? KD?)

Tried to locate the lyricist on the web without success. Not even the dhool.com SOTD article talks about the lyricist.

The song's youtube is available, however. Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o26aHmvK4pk

The song has some nice accompaniment (S-G had some pretty good numbers in this time period). SPB sings nice but the later part has PS coming in and there's simply no match between the two Sad

பால் நிலவு நேரம் பார்க்கவில்லை யாரும்
பூவிதழின் ஓரம் தேன் எடுக்கலாமா நீ தடுக்கலாமா

ததும்பிடும் மதுக்குடம் தனை எடுத்தொரு தரம் பருகிட வருவகையில் மறைப்பதென்ன
உதடுகள் எழுதிடும் புதுப்புதுக் கதைகளை முதல்முதல் படித்திட மறுப்பதென்ன
படுக்கையறைப் பாடல்கள் பழக என்ன ஊடல்கள் எதற்கு இந்த நாணங்கள் 
விருந்தை விடுவேனோ விலகுவது ஏனோ

உடையிலும் நடையிலும் உருவத்தை மறைத்தொரு நவரச நாடகம் நடித்ததென்ன
இடை கொண்ட கனிகளை  இடம் கண்டு பறித்திட  இளமனம் இதுவரை துடித்ததென்ன  
நடந்தவரை விளையாட்டு தெரிந்தபின்பு பாராட்டு மடியில் என்னைத் தாலாட்டு
மயங்கி விட வேண்டும் மணிவிழிகள் நான்கும்

Wiki says the movie was directed by Devaraj-Mohan. 

That way, possibly their first movie. (And the information GA wrote in his nakkeeran series that D-M's first movie was annakkiLi is false).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:59 pm

There is one more SPB-PS duet in this anbu rOja movie and the youtube is available for this song :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iZ9_Et1ISs

Never heard this one before and could not get the lyricist credit as in the case of the previous song Embarassed

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 162
பன்னிரண்டு மணியடித்தால் 
(அன்பு ரோஜா,1975)

rA.mu.162 of SPB
pannireNdu maNiyadiththAl
(anbu rOjA, 1975, with PS) 
MD : S-G
Lyricist : ? (Panju Arunachalam? Vaali? KD?)

Just an average song and as usual I'm not fond of the SPB-PS combo for such songs at all. That way, may never bother hearing this one again Embarassed I'm surprised that someone had so much interest in this song to upload it on youtube Shocked

BTW, per kadamai uNarchchi, got the lines that could be gathered from the youtube. It is possible the song had another stanza but the inbaminge site is down for many days and I don't think hunting around the web for the rest of the pAdal varigaL is a worthy effort...

So, here is what I got, for any who is interested :

ஹே ஓ மை டார்லிங்

பன்னிரண்டு மணியடித்தால் உன்னை நான் நினைப்பேன் என்னை நான் மறப்பேன் 
கண்ணும் கண்ணும் மின்ன மின்ன கையும் கையும் பின்னப்பின்ன 
நெருக்கமா இறுக்கமா இருப்பமா அணைப்பமா
கட்டிப்போடக்காவல் இல்லை தட்டிக்கேட்க யாருமில்லை 
இருப்பதைக் கொடுக்கவா கொடுத்ததை எடுக்கவா

உலகம் உறங்கும் இந்த வேளை தொடங்கும் நமது இன்ப லீலை 
நடுராத்திரி நமக்கோ சிவராத்திரி 
சந்திக்கின்ற நேரம் இன்று தித்திக்கின்ற முத்தம் ஒன்று  
உதட்டிலே பதிக்கவா இனிப்பிலே மிதக்கவா 
பச்சைப்புல்லில் மெத்தையிட்டுப் பக்கம் வந்து தத்தும் சிட்டு 
அழைக்கையில் அணைக்கவா அனைத்தையும் ரசிக்கவா

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:00 am

Another rare song from 1975 - this one from thAi veettu seethanam, with the MSV-KD combo.

There're not many audio links for this song on the web (except the movie youtube / song youtube). So, not very sure about the pAdal varigaL as to whether they are complete. (A lyrics page by TFM-DFer Priya has some extra lines but I cannot authenticate them with the audio links available).

Here is the youtube, featuring Jaishankar and Usha Nandhini:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbuBn9LMI0s

I remember hearing this song on radio a few times. (Obviously never a favorite and I don't enjoy it currently as well).

There's another KJY song from this movie (kAlaththai vellum inbakkAdhal vAzhga) that seems to be more popular with netizens as there are are many MP3 sites that host it Embarassed

Anyways, here are the lines that I could validate with the youtube, for any who are interested:

எனக்கும் உனக்கும் வழக்கு
இரண்டும் சுகத்தின் கணக்கு
கையிணைத்து தொட்டணைத்து
நாம் கலந்தால் என்ன

அல்லித்தண்டு கையிரண்டில் வளைகின்றது
அள்ளிக்கொள்ளும் சின்னமுல்லை குழைகின்றது
இல்லையென்று சொல்லாமல் அள்ளி அள்ளித்தந்தாலும்
இன்னும் என்னும் பேராசை புரிகின்றது

உள்ளம் தன்னில் உள்ளம் ஒன்று ஒளிகின்றது
பள்ளம் கண்டு வெள்ளம் வந்து பாய்கின்றது
மண்ணில் இட்ட மீனாக கண்ணி பட்ட மானாக
ஒன்றுபட்டுப் போராடத்துடிக்கின்றது

In effect, another to the count...

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 163
எனக்கும் உனக்கும் வழக்கு
(தாய் வீட்டு சீதனம்,1975)

rA.mu.163 of SPB
enakkum unakkum vazhakku
(thAi veettu seethanam, 1975, with VJ) 

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:27 pm

I am wondering why this thread is not growing further.
This is my most favorite thread in the Non IR section as this thread is a repository of 70's era songs that I love a lot and rare to hear in the romantic, youthful effervescent voice of SPB.
app, konjam ingum thalai kAttungaL.

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:43 pm

app_engine wrote:Another rare song from 1975 - this one from thAi veettu seethanam, with the MSV-KD combo.

There're not many audio links for this song on the web (except the movie youtube / song youtube). So, not very sure about the pAdal varigaL as to whether they are complete. (A lyrics page by TFM-DFer Priya has some extra lines but I cannot authenticate them with the audio links available).

Here is the youtube, featuring Jaishankar and Usha Nandhini:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbuBn9LMI0s

I remember hearing this song on radio a few times. (Obviously never a favorite and I don't enjoy it currently as well).

There's another KJY song from this movie (kAlaththai vellum inbakkAdhal vAzhga) that seems to be more popular with netizens as there are are many MP3 sites that host it Embarassed

Anyways, here are the lines that I could validate with the youtube, for any who are interested:

எனக்கும் உனக்கும் வழக்கு
இரண்டும் சுகத்தின் கணக்கு
கையிணைத்து தொட்டணைத்து
நாம் கலந்தால் என்ன

அல்லித்தண்டு கையிரண்டில் வளைகின்றது
அள்ளிக்கொள்ளும் சின்னமுல்லை குழைகின்றது
இல்லையென்று சொல்லாமல் அள்ளி அள்ளித்தந்தாலும்
இன்னும் என்னும் பேராசை புரிகின்றது

உள்ளம் தன்னில் உள்ளம் ஒன்று ஒளிகின்றது
பள்ளம் கண்டு வெள்ளம் வந்து பாய்கின்றது
மண்ணில் இட்ட மீனாக கண்ணி பட்ட மானாக
ஒன்றுபட்டுப் போராடத்துடிக்கின்றது

In effect, another to the count...

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 163
எனக்கும் உனக்கும் வழக்கு
(தாய் வீட்டு சீதனம்,1975)

rA.mu.163 of SPB
enakkum unakkum vazhakku
(thAi veettu seethanam, 1975, with VJ) 

There is a very sumAr recent times song "July malargaLAE July malargaLAE" by Deva. The pallavi portions of that song seems to be heavily inspired from MSV's "enakkum unakkum vazhakku".

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:10 am

ஆளில்லாத கடையில் ஏன் தேநீர் ஆற்ற வேண்டும் என்ற மடி
(அதுவும் ஒவ்வொரு பாட்டும் தேடிப்பிடிக்க ரொம்பவே அவதிப்பட்டு)...

இப்படி ஒரு இழை மீதும் ஆர்வம் உள்ள உங்கள் போன்ற இசை விரும்பிகள் உலகில் இருப்பதால், மீண்டும் தொடர முயல்வேன்!

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:46 pm

Thank you very much app ji. Your efforts will sure fetch some niche crowd. I am an ardent fan of the 70's era . Personally I consider that decade to be a golden age in music not just in TFM but world wide Smile My pet theory aside, please continue your
r(e/a)in of SPB

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:03 am

mythila wrote:Your efforts will sure fetch some niche crowd.

There is some not-so-great news Embarassed 

When I checked my "jump" drive, the spreadsheet of SPB-pre-IR is not the latest one. That one was in my work computer and gone forever now(changed job since last update Laughing ).

Means, I need to run thru this thread and update the spreadsheet and then restart.

The positive side is there are not too-many SPB songs in TFM before IR Smile  

That way, we are talking about only a two digit number and not 1000's. 

However, to get back to the prior state will need another week Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:51 pm

app ji, I am confident you will somehow resurrect the entire SPB list. I am waiting. Please take your time. Smile

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:03 pm

mythila wrote:app ji, I am confident you will somehow resurrect the entire SPB list. I am waiting. Please take your time. Smile

Got my excel sheet updated with all the 163 covered in this thread so far Smile

Now I can go ahead documenting the balance SPB "rA-mu" songs, from 1975 / 1976, without making any mistake of "repeats" Smile

I'll possibly get the next number, 164 tomorrow.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:23 pm

Re-starting the series, with a song previously not documented in tfmpage (by Thenraja).

There are some issues with the MD and Lyricist credit for this song, however Embarassed

Most websites say S-G but such websites are silent about the lyricist. (This includes a reasonably reliable Tamil Wikipedia listing of the movie).

However, some websites that say Vaali is the lyricist also mention Salilda as the MD Embarassed

I know for a fact that this song as well the KJY-VJ duet 'malaichchAralil iLam poonguyil' were quite popular on radio. However, I don't recall who the MD that got credited in the nEyar viruppam programs. Since I didn't pay much attention to MD during pre-IR days, memory won't help. Song sounds like some Hindi song of that time period and so it could be either of them. (Or, another possibility - Salilda's indhi song re-made by Shankar Ganesh. Since he did the MD work for most movies directed by Durai, of pasi fame, he could have possibly done a "dubbing" kind of remake.)

Anyways, let me throw this question also on twitter and see what response we'll get. Also, I'll try to message Thenraja sir and Saravanan sir also. (Not sure if any of these songs got covered as SOTD on dhool as that site is practically gone now Sad ) Also, neither musicalaya nor inbaminge sites exist anymore, for validating such details.

It's really sad and frustrating situation for the TFM database, prior to IR. If not for the hard work of Anbu sir, even IR's albums won't be covered as accurately as we have today.

Well, the youtube of the song is currently available  and using that I captured the lyrics, for whoever cares Smile

எங்கள் குடும்பம் என்றும் விளங்கும் காவியப்பூஞ்சோலை
நாம் பாசம் என்னும் நூலிழை கொண்டு கட்டிய பூமாலை
ஒரு குடும்பத்தின் கதை இது
அன்புக்கரங்களால் வரைந்தது

காடு மலை மேடுகளைக் கடந்தபடி செல்லும் புகைவண்டி
குடும்ப ரயில் வரும் வரையில் கைகாட்டி நல்ல பெண்டாட்டி
வாழ்க்கையோ நீண்ட பயணம் துணிந்து நாம் தொடரணும்

அன்பே அமுதே அழகே அறிவே நான் ஒரு கேள்வி கேட்கட்டுமா?
கேளுங்க அப்பா
மனிதனுக்கு எத்தனை கண்கள்?
இரண்டு
இல்லை இருபத்தி மூன்று
எப்படிச் சொல்லு பார்க்கலாம்?
உங்க கண் இரண்டு அகக்கண் ஒன்று நகக்கண் இருபது உண்டு
வெரி குட்
புதிதாய்த் தெரிந்த குறள் ஒன்று சொல்லு?
நாம் இருவர் நமக்கு இருவர்
இனிய குடும்பம் என்பது என்ன?
இரண்டுக்கு மேலே எப்போதும் வேண்டாம்
இல்லே இல்லே
இனிய குடும்பம் பல்கலைக்கழகம்
வெரி வெரி குட்

திருதிருன்னு கருங்குரங்கு முழிக்குது பார் நம்மைப் பழிக்குது பார்
வானரமும் மானிடனும் ஆதியிலே ஒரு ஜாதியிலே
விலங்கு போல் வாழும் மனிதன் திருந்தினாலே தேவனாம்
இந்தக்குள்ள நரியைப்போல் உள்ளவர் யாரு
கூட இருந்தே குழி பறிப்பாரு
இந்த ஒட்டைச்சிவிங்கியின் உயரம் யாருக்கு
உள்ளத்தாலே உயர்ந்த பேருக்கு
இந்த ஆனை வயிறு யாருக்கு இருக்கு
அளவுக்கு மேலே தின்பவருக்கு

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bUvhGbSWEM

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 164
எங்கள் குடும்பம் என்றும் விளங்கும் காவியப்பூஞ்சோலை
(ஒரு குடும்பத்தின் கதை,1975)

rA.mu.164 of SPB
engaL kudumbam enRum viLangum kAviyappoonjOlai
(oru kudumbaththin kadhai, 1975, with children voices)
MD : Shankar Ganesh 
Lyricist : Vaali

Last edited by app_engine on Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:36 pm

@icarusprakash and @rajinirams confirm in twitter that the MD's were S-G.

Smile

Edited the post to show accordingly Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:49 am

As I've already covered the 1975 numbers that were from tfmpage thread, needless to say any 75-er hereafter is an addition to that list Wink 

One more, from a Muthuraman / Sumithra movie. Possibly heard a few times on radio but never registered with any kind of fondness in my memory Embarassed

As always, akkA-thambi styled delivery by the famed pair (with PS shouting a little bit, a trait I've recently recognized with her duet singing - after listening to a number of Telugu dubbed IR classics on raajafm where this aspect is more manifest).

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 165
வார்த்தைகள் என் நெஞ்சில் நின்றது
(அவளும் பெண் தானே,1975)

rA.mu.165 of SPB
vArthaigaL en nenjil ninRadhu
(avaLum peN thAnE, 1975, with PS) 
MD : V Kumar 

Both the movie and song youtubes are currently available. Needless to say, as in the case of many songs listed in this thread before, they may disappear soon Embarassed (That way, I may be doing a disservice to the youtube poster but indirectly helping those with copyright to catch and remove them Laughing )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BADGW14Ws4A

Looks like the hero falls in love with, rescues a vilai mAdhu and she is full of gratitude (going by the pAdal varigaL)...

வார்த்தைகள் என் நெஞ்சில் நின்றது
பார்வைகள் என் நன்றி சொன்னது
எண்ணம் எல்லாம் நீ தெய்வம் என்றது

நன்றியைச் சொல்ல நான் என்ன செய்தேன்
பெண்மையை மதித்தேன் வேறென்ன செய்தேன்

வார்த்தைகள் என்னை சொல்லச் சொன்னது
பார்வைகள் நான் சொன்னேன் என்றது
எண்ணம் எல்லாம் உன் உள்ளம் கண்டது

உறவைத் துறந்து ஊரைப்பிரிந்து பறவை ஒன்று வந்தது 
அதன் உடலைத்தின்று பசியைத்தீர்க்க உலகம் சுற்றி நின்றது
பறவையின் மனமோ பால் மனம் என்று பார்த்தேன் எடுத்தேன் கையோடு 
உறவெது பேசும்  ஊரென்ன சொல்லும் இரு மனம் கலந்தால் அன்போடு

காலம் ஒரு நாள் கனியும் என்று கனவிலும் நான் தான் நினைத்தேனா 
கடவுள் மனிதன் வடிவில் வந்து கருணையை என் மேல் பொழிந்தானா
ஏழையின் உள்ளம் கோவிலாய் எண்ணி தேவியை இங்கு  ஏற்றினேன்
நெஞ்சிலே பொங்கும் நினைவெலாம் வண்ண மாலையாய்க் கொண்டு சூட்டினேன்

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:32 pm

A first-time-listen-for-me song today. 

Nothing interesting about the song, however Embarassed

SPB solo, with that ALR kind of voice and modulations, some lackluster thaththuva lines (by KD I think... but the titles list both KD & PA, difficult to tell who wrote this particular song).

VB is the MD and the album can boast of two popular songs - panimalar by PS & mOhanappunnagai by KJY. Both those are very familiar to me from the radio days but this SPB number I've not heard before.

Here are the details / youtube / pAdal varigaL :

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 166
கேளு பாப்பா ஆசையின் கதையை 
(உறவு சொல்ல ஒருவன்,1975)

rA.mu.166 of SPB
kELu pAppA Asaiyin kadhaiyai
(uRavu solla oruvan, 1975) 
MD : Vijayabhaskar 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6gMWaE0l54

கேளு பாப்பா ஆசையின் கதையை 
ஆசையாலே வீழ்ந்தவர் நிலையை 
பணத்தில் ஆசை பதவியில் ஆசை
பருவ நாளில் காதலில் ஆசை 

அளவு குறைந்தால் ஆசையும் வெல்லும்
ஆனவரைக்கும் போதுமென்றெண்ணும்
எந்த வீட்டில் ஆசைகள் இல்லை
எல்லோர் ஆசையும்  வெல்லுவதில்லை 

நூறு கிடைத்தால் ஆயிரம் கேட்கும்
ஆயிரம் கிடைத்தால் அதைவிடக் கேட்கும்
ஆசை எங்கே முடிந்தது கண்ணே
ஆண்டவன் கூட ஆசையின் பின்னே 

ஆசை கொண்டது கிடைக்காதென்றால்
கிடைத்த ஒன்றில் ஆசை கொள்வாய் நீ
நெஞ்சுக்குத் தேவை நிம்மதி தானே
நிம்மதி இறைவன் சந்நிதி தேனே

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:37 pm

app, Glad that you could recover the excel. Thank you for resuming this thread. Yes, "kELu paappaa" is new for me too. KJY's "mOhana punnagai oorvalamE" and P.Susheela solo "pani malar neeril Adum" were more popular and regulars on the radio from "uRavu solla oruvan".

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:52 pm

This one is a pretty familiar song, frequently heard on radio those days.

A sweet melody by Vijayabhaskar, that is in MSV-TKR 60's style (or may be more of indhi song style). 

SPB sings so nice, especially the extra izhuvai's of the last syllables in the pallavi - very sweet. Same is true of PS too.

OTOH, except the pallavi lines, there's practically no pAdal varigaL in the song at all, look at the saraNams - three of them, but with literally one word stuff, ஊடவா / கூடவா kind of single word (with some slEdai) stuff...The lyricist cannot be established with whatever resources available on the web. (Yes, the movie is available on youtube but it credits three lyricists for the album, KD / PA / Poovai S, don't know who is to be credited for this particular song).

Funny to see some websites / youtubes confuse this movie with pArthAl pasi theerum (and list NT / Gemini as actors for YMY). That PS song is one of my all-time fav numbers and it's interesting to see the first line being used as a Jaishankar movie title in the next decade...

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 167
முத்துக்கள் சிந்தி
(யாருக்கு மாப்பிள்ளை யாரோ, 1975)

rA.mu.167 of SPB
muthukkaL sindhi thiththikkum mozhiyil
(yArukku mAppiLLai yArO, 1975) 
MD : Vijayabhaskar 
Lyricist : Kannadasan? 

முத்துக்கள் சிந்தி தித்திக்கும் மொழியில் கண்ணே விளையாடு 
செவ்வந்திப்பூவின் கன்னங்கள் மீது சித்திரக்கோலமிடு

என்னடி தேவி பெண்மையின் அழகை மீட்டவா? 
தாகமா? 
அணைக்கவா? 
ஆசையா?
சுவைக்கக்கூடாதா?

மேனியில் விழுந்து ஞானத்தில் கலந்து ஆட வா 
பாட வா 
ஊடவா? 
கூடவா?
என்னைக்கேட்காதே

பிறர் அறியாமல் ரகசியம் பேசும் 
கண்களா 
கைகளா 
கால்களா 
மேனியா 
சொல்லித் தெரியாதே

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsqbw7-Nb9Q

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:51 pm

An obscure song next - featuring JJ and Ravichandran on screen.

So obscure that most of the available web resources call this song based on the choppy video that is currently available, that starts with the first saraNam and thus call it 'thangam nAn vENdum pOdhu'.

When I first stumbled on this and heard the "beginning", I was wondering, like, "Hey, this does not sound like a typical pallavi. It could be a saraNam or did TKR really try something unusual / out of the box kind of beginning?".

Well, it is possibly the movie editing that chopped off the beginning pallavi, after all Laughing 
(Could it be censor?)

I'm not going with what's on the web but calling it with the possible first line of the pallavi. (There too two versions, one by male voice and another by female voice - not sure how it actually started on the vinyl disc. If someone has access to it, please post. Also, there seems to be no easy way of finding the lyricist - please share if you know).

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 168
என்னை நீ கேளு கண்ணா 
(தங்கம் நான் வேண்டும் போது)
(அவளுக்கு ஆயிரம் கண்கள், 1975)

rA.mu.168 of SPB
ennai nee kELu kaNNA
(avaLukku Ayiram kaNgaL, 1975) 
MD : TKR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg5dkDiwG-U

No need to say it is a "blade" song Embarassed

Nothing is impressive about this song - all are mediocre (melody / orch / lyrics / singing / on-screen, just about everything is ayyO pAvam)

என்னை நீ கேளு கண்ணா 
எதையும் மறைக்கின்ற பெண்ணா
நீ கேட்கும் யாவும் நான் தான் தந்தேன் 

என்னை ஏமாற்றும் கண்ணா 
எதையும் மறைக்கின்ற பெண்ணா 
நான் கேட்கும் யாவும் நீ தான் தந்தாய் 

தங்கம் நான் வேண்டும் போது 
அங்கம் தருவாளே மாது 
வைரம் நான் வேண்டும் போது 
விழி போல் வைரங்கள் ஏது 
பவளம் முத்துக்கள் வேண்டும் 
பருவம் இதழோரம் தோன்றும் 
பொன்னில் நகை யாவும் வேண்டும் 
சிந்தும் நகையொன்றே போதும் 

இங்கே செல்வங்கள் காட்டு 
வெட்கம் போடாதா பூட்டு 
தட்டித்திறவாதோ வாசல் 
கட்டிக்காக்காதோ கண்கள் 
சொந்தம் நான் தானே கண்ணே 
இல்லை என்றா நான் சொன்னேன் 
நெஞ்சில் நான் கொண்ட எண்ணம் 
இன்றே நிறைவேறும் திண்ணம்

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:08 pm

A song so obscure that some time back even a veteran in details (tfmpage Ramki) had to say that he didn't have much details about this Laughing

Well, the situation remains pretty much the same even today about this movie / song. Whatever I'm posting here are based on some web resources and cannot 100% vouch for authenticity (as there is no movie youtube or vinyl cover that could be located on the net).

Most web resources agree that the director was Vittal & about Ravichandran / Kanchana / Shankar Ganesh. 

Only one says KD, posting the lyrics (and I did very minor clean-up only) - but cannot be authenticated with cross-references otherwise.

An ordinary song with some bed room lyrics Embarassed 

Interestingly, the word 'நூல் நிலையம்' is used here which is nice (and the same thing I did appreciate in my post about Vaali's 'nee kEttAl nAn mAttEn enRA' song of IO movie in a slightly different context).

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 169
முன்னிரவு நேரம் உன் பொன்னிதழின் ஓரம்
(எங்களுக்கும் காதல் வரும்,1975)

rA.mu.169 of SPB
munniravu nEram
(engaLukkum kAdhal varum, 1975) 
MD : SG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgYFkkMvLaI

முன்னிரவு நேரம் உன் பொன்னிதழின் ஓரம் என் முன்னுரையைச் சொல்ல வரவா 
இன்னொருவன் காண என் பொன்னுடலும் நாண நான் பின்னிரவில் மெல்ல வரவா 
காதல் பொல்லாதது காவல் இல்லாதது 

பருவம் தூங்கிடும் பூங்கொடியில் 
பறிக்க ஏங்கிடும் மாங்கனிகள் 
ஒருவன் பார்க்கலாம் மறைந்திருந்து 
உனக்குத்தான் இந்த தனி விருந்து
இருவர் ஒருவராய் இணைந்திருந்து
இரவெல்லாம் தழுவலாம் இதழ்களால் எழுதலாம்

ஊரின் ஓசைகள் அடங்கையிலே
உறவின் ஆசைகள் தொடங்கையிலே
கூந்தல் தொடங்கிக் கால் வரையும்
இளமை படிக்கும் நூல் நிலையம் 
நீயும் நானும் என்றிருக்க 
விவரமாய்ப் படிக்கலாம் விடிந்தபின் முடிக்கலாம்

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 pm

There are some people like me who often get shocked at the thought of thEngAi Srinivasan lip-sync-ing for 'chinnappuRA onRu' song of anbE sangeethA.

I've found out today that it wasn't the first song that SPB sang for coconut and so IR wasn't a "pioneer" on that front rotfl

I think thEngAi thought of himself as "kaNNan" and did a "sequel", after kaliyugakkaNNan that came in 1974. 

This "sequel" movie has the name "kArOttikkaNNan" (while the purANakkaNNan was a thErOtti).

There's a SPB-PS duet by V Kumar and there are not much details available on the web about this song. I cannot say who the lyricist was. Interestingly, there is youtube and let me get the pAdal varigaL for whomsoever such may concern Embarassed

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 170
பொட்டழகு கொஞ்சக்கொஞ்ச
(காரோட்டிக்கண்ணன்,1975)

rA.mu.170 of SPB
pottazhagu konjakkonja
(kArOttikkaNNan, 1975, with PS) 
MD : VK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnZskPMtQ_k

Going by the kind of bed room songs that keep coming up in this thread, it almost sounds like SPB mainly got picked for such kiLu-kiLu numbers those days Embarassed

In this film the rest of the songs seem to have TMS - that way, TMS for all other biz including "serious" and SPB for iLamai / kiLu kiLu (even if the actor happens to be thEngAy Srinivasan Laughing )

Enjoy the pAdal varigaL, that are straight to the business Embarassed 

பொட்டழகு கொஞ்சக்கொஞ்ச பூவழகு கெஞ்சக்கெஞ்ச
கட்டழகு மொட்டு விட்டு வந்த மலர் நீ 
கண்ணுக்குக்கண்ணான கண்ணனுக்கு மேலான 
வண்ண வண்ணச் சிலையான மாப்பிள்ளை நீ 

ஒரு விளக்கு சில மலர்கள் சில பழங்கள் ஒரு படுக்கையறையில் இருக்க 
உன்னையணைத்து  அள்ளி எடுத்து நான் உதட்டில் ஒன்று கொடுக்க
காயம்பட்ட கன்னம் ஒரு கவிதை சொல்லாதோ 
கட்டில் அந்தக்கவிதைக்கொரு தாளம் தட்டாதோ 
இரவு முதல் இரவு நிலவு புது நிலவு 
உறவு முதல் உறவு வருமா அது வருமா

ஒரு அழைப்பு ஒரு மறுப்பு ஒரு சிரிப்பு அது தொடரட்டும் கதை போலே 
கொஞ்சம் கொடுத்து கொஞ்சம் எடுத்து அது வளரட்டும் சுகமாக 
சின்ன இடை சலசலக்க விருந்து வைக்காதோ 
என்ன சுகம் என்று சொல்லிப் பொழுது போகாதோ 
நடக்கும் இன்று நடக்கும் கிடைக்கும் இன்று கிடைக்கும்
ரசிக்கும் இன்று ருசிக்கும் பசிக்கும் மனம் புசிக்கும்

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:10 am

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 171
ராஜா பாருங்க ராஜாவைப்பாருங்க 
(பிரியா விடை,1975)

rA.mu.171 of SPB
rAjA pArunga
(piriyA vidai, 1975, with SJ) 
MD : GKV

This is a hit song. Heard this song many times on radio programs.

GKV being the MD, SJ was inevitable and she spells magic for the song, getting the exact feel intended. SPB does a nice supporting role.

Unfortunately, this song is copied from a Bobby song and GKV had shamelessly resembled L-P here Embarassed Portion of the prelude - the portion that leads to the start of the pallavi - is simply re-used from "nA mAngoon sOnA chAndhi" Sad 

Muthuraman is the poor "rAjA" of this song Laughing Some interesting lines here but I'm not sure if it was indeed Kannadasan :

ராஜா பாருங்க ராஜாவைப்பாருங்க 

ராஜா ஆட்டின் ராஜா ராணியின் கைக்கூஜா
கட்டின மனைவியின் முன்னே கைகட்டி நிற்பாரு
பட்டதரசியின் பின்னே பயந்து நடப்பாரு

ராணி ஆட்டின் ராணி ரோஜாப்பூமேனி
ராஜாவானால் என்ன ராஜ்ஜியம் எல்லாம் நீ
அழகி உனக்கு நானே அடிமை மகராணி

மஞ்சள் வண்ணத்தாமரைப்பூ மங்கை என்றாக
மன்னன் வந்து பூப்பறித்தான் முத்தம் கொண்டாட
தலைகேறும் போதையில் தன்னை மறந்தாடுவான்
விளக்கேற்றும் வேளையில் என்னை வந்து தேடுவான்
உன் பேர் எது?
நான் மறந்தது
உன் ஊர் எது?
யார் கண்டது
நான் யாரைய்யா 
என் காதலி 
எழில் தேவதை
தேவதை பக்கம் தானே தேவன் இருப்பானே
ஏவல் புரிந்து நாளும் காவல் இருப்பானே
தேவையறிந்து எந்தன் சேவையில் நிற்பானே

ராணிக்கு ஏத்த ஜோடி ஜாடிக்கு ஏத்த மூடி 
வண்ணக்கொடி ஜாடையில் சொன்னபடி ஆடுவான்
கண்ணுறங்கும் வேளையில் சங்கீதம் பாடுவான்

என் ஆணையில் 
நான் பாடுவேன்
என் மேடையில்
நான் ஆடுவேன்

நீ கொடுத்த போதை வந்து நான் ஆடுவேன்
நீ நினைத்த நேரம் எல்லாம் நான் பாடுவேன்
நீ வடித்த பூஞ்சிரிப்பில் நான் வாடுவேன்
வார்த்தை என்ன சொல்வதென்று தேடுகின்றேன் நான்

இரவும் பகலும் ராஜா என்னைத் தாலாட்டு
இதயம் கொஞ்சும் ரோஜா என்னைப் பாராட்டு
அடிமை போலே  என்றும் அழகாய்த் தலையாட்டு

நாட்டுக்குத் தாண்டி ராஜா வீட்டுக்கு மாப்பிள்ளை
நாடும் வீடும் செல்வம் என் டாடியின் தயவாலே
காலந்தோறும் கண்ணே அடிமை அதனாலே

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJG0VLSshbQ

For those who are not familiar with the Bobby (Hindi) song, here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmwWGrDoZhM

Last edited by app_engine on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:40 am

This is a coincidence and funny - black money song, very context-fitting for the time Laughing

I clearly remember this song being frequently on radio those days - fun song liked by youththu of that time Smile

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 172
மாப்பிள்ளைக்கொரு மயக்கம் வந்தது
(பிரியா விடை,1975)

rA.mu.172 of SPB
mAppiLLaikkoru mayakkam vandhadhu
(piriyA vidai, 1975) 
MD : GKV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMAypam5e5E

மாப்பிள்ளைக்கொரு மயக்கம் வந்தது
மாமன் மனசில் கலக்கம் வந்தது
ஏறுது விஸ்கி போடுது பஸ்கி
மாறுது புத்தி மாமா மாமா

வீடேங்கும் இருப்புப்பெட்டி விளக்கு வெச்சாக் கருப்புப்பணம்
காசுக்கே பொறந்தவரே கருணையில்லாக் கடத்தல் மன்னா
தங்கத்தை எடுத்து விடு சர்க்காரு முழிச்சிருக்கு
என்ன உங்க சமஸ்தானம் எல்லாமே புஸ்வாணம்   

பெண்டாட்டி எலிசபெத்து புருசனையே மேய்க்கும் சிட்டு
பண்டாரத் தகப்பனுக்கு பணத்துக்குன்னே பொறந்த முத்து
அகங்காரம் ஆணவமே அவள் கண்ட அன்புச் சொத்து
என்ன உங்க பண்பாடு எல்லாமே வெறும் போடு

கையிலே களவுமில்லே வாயிருந்தும் பொய்யுமில்லே 
அய்யாவின் வாசலிலே அவிழ்த்து விட்ட குட்டி இது 
ராமனுக்கு சீதை ஒரு தங்கையின்னு சாமி சொன்னா 
ஆமான்னு சொல்வதற்கே அவதரிச்ச காக்கை இது

Last edited by app_engine on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:37 pm

There are some more 1975 movies ; but with the current level of information I could locate on the web, difficult to find anymore SPB songs in them.

இங்கேயும் மனிதர்கள் 
உங்கவீட்டு கல்யாணம் 
திருடனுக்கு திருடன் 
நம்பிக்கை நட்சத்திரம் 
பணம் பத்தும் செய்யும் 
மஞ்சள் முகமே வருக 

If someone knows of any SPB songs in these movies, please post the details.

Also, if there is any other movie with SPB song from 1975 (that had not been covered so far in this thread), please feel free to post about that as well.

Next will be the last calendar year applicable for this thread - 1976. (IR's debut year).

I'll include all non-IR songs that I can get hold of from that year (i.e. other than the ones already covered as MGR-Sivaji-Gemini-Kamal songs)!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next