Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"ராசா படத்த கண்ண மூடிக்கிட்டே பாக்கலாம்" - The IR BGM discussions

+9
Admin
jaiganesh
Wizzy
kv
V_S
plum
sagi
Bala (Karthik)
app_engine
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"ராசா படத்த கண்ண மூடிக்கிட்டே பாக்கலாம்"  - The IR BGM discussions  - Page 2 Empty Re: "ராசா படத்த கண்ண மூடிக்கிட்டே பாக்கலாம்" - The IR BGM discussions

Post  app_engine Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:37 pm

OK, amazon gives a "free download app" for reading kindle eBooks on PC :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd?docId=1000426311

(Something I've got educated myself for the day Smile )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

"ராசா படத்த கண்ண மூடிக்கிட்டே பாக்கலாம்"  - The IR BGM discussions  - Page 2 Empty Re: "ராசா படத்த கண்ண மூடிக்கிட்டே பாக்கலாம்" - The IR BGM discussions

Post  app_engine Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 am

app_engine wrote:I feel this MR-BRangan book must be a very interesting book to read!

Sad

ARR's intro (actually MR-pAmAlai) is kind of ok.

BRangan's intro is bayangara kadi. (That as well as the whole book's overall format seems to be mimic-ing my SPB-IR series Laughing)

It's possible I'll enjoy only the portions where IR is referred. Anyways, I haven't gone too far. Just started the pallavi-anupallavi chapter.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:39 am

Convo with Muni $64. (BTW, the "kindle" edition of MKG's saththiya sOthanai costs $0.99)

(In Gounder Voice) Saththiya sOdhanai!

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm

app_engine wrote:
app_engine wrote:I feel this MR-BRangan book must be a very interesting book to read!

Sad

Wizz was just a PM away bounce

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:19 pm

Nerd, I got PM from wizzy Smile

Interestingly, the hindu has published excerpts from the book to "complete" the ladAi related to nAyakan :

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/chen-cinema/kamal-too-didnt-expect-much-from-the-film/article4053951.ece

One of the comments to this is quite interesting :

Divya wrote:

I hope The Hindu does not carry some more articles with rebuttals and counter-arguments from P.C. Shriram, Ilayaraja, the editor and the light men. The "insightful" articles can better end here and maybe the space can be dedicated to something more worthwhile.

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Oh App _ it just dawned on me that the whole reason for getting Kamal to talk about Nayagan was to effing lead it to this situation and preview Baradwaj's book, and get some free publicity

What an effing genius marketing strategy for the book
(Book release wekendla Nayagan article pAthappOvE mildA mindla indha theory Odichu but appO adhai apdiyE amukkittEN - now it's all Eureka, this is what you wanted no, BalakumarA!)

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:28 pm

"Kamal had sent over a producer, ‘Muktha’ Srinivasan, when I was working on the script of Agni Natchatiram. Agni was the film I wanted to do after Mouna Raagam... "

Note this point uvar aanar - if only Kamal hadnt made him do Nayagan, Muni fans innikku pEsikittiruppAngaLA. Naygan was what gave Mani an address. Big mistake thala big mistake.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Plum Smile

Possibly because you closely follow BRangan's blog (or, may be due to your 'ava nambikkai' theory) Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:35 pm

Ofocurse it is due to my ava nambikkai theory app. Baradwaj feller is not the type to be able to think of this kind of a marketing strategy. At the best, he imght have thought it good to write an article on Nayagan during this time. ipdi Kamal pEsuvAr, muktha pEsuvArnu namakku publicity kedaikkum ngara rangekkellAm yOsikka theriyAdhu. namma mooLai dhAn andha rangekku vElai seyyum Smile

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:00 am

Plum, yam starting to believe there is some ambush marketing at play here with/without Rangan consent.
Cnn-ibn stringing together a feature on Ratman from their archives in last week's episode of Southern Stars can't be a mere coincidence.
It also had KH dissing Muktha for his lack of support and how that trauma helped him to build the emotional quotient for that scene.least KH is consistent in his stance and isn't cooking up a new story.

P.S Neeya Naana Gobi must be mulling over a episode on Velu Naicker's morality featuring Muktha Smile
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:06 pm

app_engine wrote:Nerd, I got PM from wizzy Smile

Interestingly, the hindu has published excerpts from the book to "complete" the ladAi related to nAyakan :

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/chen-cinema/kamal-too-didnt-expect-much-from-the-film/article4053951.ece

One of the comments to this is quite interesting :

Divya wrote:

I hope The Hindu does not carry some more articles with rebuttals and counter-arguments from P.C. Shriram, Ilayaraja, the editor and the light men. The "insightful" articles can better end here and maybe the space can be dedicated to something more worthwhile.

Laughing
I can totally understand if the light men and generator supply crew (anand cine services) had problem with the 'brightness on display' in mani's movies.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:26 pm

plum wrote:Oh App _ it just dawned on me that the whole reason for getting Kamal to talk about Nayagan was to effing lead it to this situation and preview Baradwaj's book, and get some free publicity

What an effing genius marketing strategy for the book
(Book release wekendla Nayagan article pAthappOvE mildA mindla indha theory Odichu but appO adhai apdiyE amukkittEN - now it's all Eureka, this is what you wanted no, BalakumarA!)

Just wondering! Does Rangan or Penguin books have that much clout to get Kamal Haasan, who is supposedly neck deep into his own film, write about something aimed at just 'publicity' for the firstbook written by this critic? I really doubt!

I have read the Nayakan chapter in Rangan's book. Apparently, this producer wanted to remake a Shammi Kapoor film "Pagla Kahin ka" with Kamal Haasan and Kamal wanted to work with Mani. Mani didn't want to remake that Shammi Kapoor film and instead wanted to make either a cop oriented action thriller or a film based on Varadarajan Mudaliar. A discussion with Kamal happened and they picked Nayakan story. Mani himself says that Nayakan project was okayed in 10 tens.

I dont know what the story is, behind the producer's claim that Mani narrated another story which is even more good and all that. Sounds peculiar, especially when the producer wanted a remake of an old shammi kapoor film :-)

kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:42 pm

When we read a novel, often pages are filled just reflecting the thoughts of characters.

At times, the thoughts could be "flash-back" of past incidents or imaginations of possible incidents / scnearios etc.

One way a movie maker can resort to reflect such thoughts is "showing" such things on-screen (flash-backs, acting out etc).

What will the director do if there are mere abstract thoughts? Of just feelings of fear / musing on scenarios etc? Those are really difficult to "show" on screen! (Of course, a NT or Kamal or Rajini could invoke things in the minds of viewers by their expressions / histrionic skills alone but what can ordinary actors do?)

One thing a director could do is to resort to crappy methods - such as having it "thought aloud" by the character / another character speaking on what this character thinks / having a narrator speak etc. Laughing

The best alternative?

Employ rAsA Smile

His BGM will speak the "mind" of the character to the viewers and make them totally empathize! (Too many examples, even in very ordinary movies)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  D22_Malar Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:37 pm

One of my most fav Themes ever, Gopura Vasalile, (fav movie too,) 

My...my.... flutes, piano, guitar, pure magic of 2+ minutes.... Athu ennamo teriyale, enna maayamo teriyale ..trains & Raaja sir's BGM... Feels like riding the train that goes up to the hill with mist.... paravasam..paravasam... :bow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppNDnGyrw-0
D22_Malar
D22_Malar

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:47 am

Full soundtrack of Johny BGM. Uploaded by Navin Mozart. https://soundcloud.com/navin-ramdoss/illayaraja-johny-soundtrack

cheers
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Dear Drunkenmunk,
   Thanks for sharing......... pl post all works of Navin mozard. pl..........Beautiful portions ellam upload seivar.  Such a nice collections............

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2