Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Megha / மேகா

+25
crimson king
mythila
RaajaDivine
jaiganesh
skr
plum
Wizzy
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
raja4ever
Sakalakala Vallavar
irir123
kamalaakarsh
balachidambaram
app_engine
Usha
kv
Raaga_Suresh
Balu
fring151
V_S
writeface
kiru
rajkumarc
Drunkenmunk
sagi
29 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Megha / மேகா - Page 13 Empty Re: Megha / மேகா

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:47 pm

kOmALi gumbal

ஆனால் ‘கிளைமாக்ஸ்' காட்சி சோகமாக முடிகிறது என்றும் அதை மாற்றினால் இன்னும் சிறப்பாக இருக்கும் என்றும் யோசனை சொன்னார்கள். அதை ஏற்றுக் கொண்டேன். ராஜா சாரும் இதையே சொன்னார்.

இப்போது க்ளைமாக்ஸ் சுபமாக முடிவது போல் படத்தை மாற்றி உள்ளோம். இதற்காக மீண்டும் புதிய கிளைமாக்ஸ் காட்சியைப் படமாக்கி சேர்த்துள்ளோம்.

இதற்காக மீண்டும் படத்துக்கு தணிக்கை செய்ய வேண்டி உள்ளது. தணிக்கை குழுவில் ஆள் பற்றாக்குறை இருப்பதால் உடனடியாக தணிக்கை செய்ய முடியாத நிலை உள்ளது. எனவே படம் ரிலீஸ் தள்ளி வைக்கப்படுகிறது. படம் தணிக்கையானதும் ரிலீஸ் தேதி அறிவிக்கப்படும்," என்றார்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:18 am

IR to follow HJ it seems

எல்லாம் நேரம்!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:35 pm

Web duniya review of the film

இசைஞானி இளையராஜா, படத்தின் தன்மைக்கு ஏற்பச் சிறப்பாக இசையமைத்துள்ளார். அலைகள் ஓய்வதில்லை படத்தில் இடம் பெறாமல் போன ‘புத்தம் புது காலை’ பாடல், இந்தப் படத்தில் டிஜிட்டல் இசையாக, அழகிய முறையில் படமாக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. மூன்றே அறைகள் கொண்ட வீட்டில் எடுக்கப்பட்ட பாடலும் கவர்கிறது. இளையராஜா, இந்தப் படத்திற்கு 12 நாட்கள் தொடர்ந்து பின்னணி இசை அமைத்து, படத்தை மேலும் மெருகேற்றியுள்ளார். மேலும் துல்லியமான ஒலிப்பதிவுக்காக, டால்பி அட்மாஸ் (Dolby Atmos) என்ற புதிய தொழில்நுட்பம், இந்தப் படத்தின் மூலம் தமிழுக்கு அறிமுகம் ஆகியுள்ளது.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:03 am

app_engine wrote: Web duniya review of the film

இசைஞானி இளையராஜா, படத்தின் தன்மைக்கு ஏற்பச் சிறப்பாக இசையமைத்துள்ளார். அலைகள் ஓய்வதில்லை படத்தில் இடம் பெறாமல் போன ‘புத்தம் புது காலை’ பாடல், இந்தப் படத்தில் டிஜிட்டல் இசையாக, அழகிய முறையில் படமாக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. மூன்றே அறைகள் கொண்ட வீட்டில் எடுக்கப்பட்ட பாடலும் கவர்கிறது. இளையராஜா, இந்தப் படத்திற்கு 12 நாட்கள் தொடர்ந்து பின்னணி இசை அமைத்து, படத்தை மேலும் மெருகேற்றியுள்ளார். மேலும் துல்லியமான ஒலிப்பதிவுக்காக, டால்பி அட்மாஸ் (Dolby Atmos) என்ற புதிய தொழில்நுட்பம், இந்தப் படத்தின் மூலம் தமிழுக்கு அறிமுகம் ஆகியுள்ளது.
1 quarter, kozhi biriyaani apprama 100 Roovaa panam koduthu ezudha sonna indha mary review dhaan varum.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:07 pm

kaLvanE kaLvanE video on youtube (Nerd's tweet ubayam) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wErMeVBiz0

I think this is probably what they meant by "alai pAyudhE" fans' choice...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Interesting picturisation, not what I had expected.  I was expecting a typical abroad-shot dream sequence kind of visuals and this was refreshingly different.  Mind you, that kind of dream sequence picturisation could be done beautifully and it would be very apt for the song but the way they shoot such songs is very cliched.  By making the scene a little non descript, they might have actually helped viewers concentrate on the music.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:42 pm

kizhikRanga

Megha will end up in history books as one among the many films which let down Ilaiyaraja’s towering score.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:03 pm

puththam pudhukkAlai:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRWj5knSvC0

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Megha / மேகா - Page 13 Empty MEgha review

Post  mythila Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:48 pm

mappi, whose film reviews in the other forum make a good read for me.
His glowing take on MEgha from the last film watched thread :

Megha [2014 : Tamil : Melodrama (Romance, Crime)]
Written & Directed by Karthik Rishi

Music : IR
Cinematography : R. B. Gurudev

Banner : JSK Film Corporation

Starring : Ashwin, Srushti & Others

Youngster Mugilan gets few spectacular good effects happening in his life, a neat one being accuring a desired job and the best of all is meeting Megha, a charming young girl who has innocense as her middle name. When happy moments are engulfing their lives, the dark clouds wait just around the corner when Mugil's professional intentions cross roads with his private life putting the only one he owns and loves, Megha, in a great danger where death is not scary at all, but something else that weighs over death is.

A fantastic film. Romance flourishes in this movie, which is not only beleivable but very close. Ashwin was excellent, so was Srushti. Well the movie is not entirely Crime based. To explain it I got to give you 2 terms : Plot-Based Story & Character Based Story.

Plot-Based Story is the one which has lot of Action in it. Murder - investigation - Mr.X menancing Plans - Kidnap - Danger - Climax.

Character-Based Story is more on the involvement of such actions by the characters, mainly the principle one. It revolves around the character and his judgements rather than the action.

Megha is a Character Based Story, and you have to get it straight before entering the hall, else you will get disappointed as the fabulous Youtube or website reviewers who were looking for a twist (LoL). So its basically about Mugil and only about Mugil. He loves Megha, He investigates a Crime, He looses Megha, He gets back Megha. Its not exactly how he investigates or walks around with dark glasses in the dark finding clues or sends the side kicks right thru the window glasses. Its a soft Romantic Tale where an helpless man gets trapped into a suituation that he has not mastered yet. But still, where Karthik Rishi shines is including the suspense in this tale. He throughly shifts from past to present easily guiding us with fine editing by including the sub-plots at regular intervals making it quite easy to follow admist all the romance episodes.

The prime problem I had with the movie is with the Cinematography. The visuals were excellent, but the techique the shots were called for had a heavy dose of blurring the background. Bokeh using a heavy lens, capturing images from far using a large size aperture creates very intense blur that is surely disturbing, atleast for me. Most of the scenes are shot like that. Oh, sorry to get technical here, let me short explain it to you :

Bokeh is a technique in photography where the background is blurred to project the focus. Aperture is the hole in the lens that allows light to pass inside. It adds a dimension to the image by blurring the background. It also helps in bringing a wide focus and using a zoom lens, it can create magic to the desired image captured. Aperture has different size, each deceiding the size of the blurish parts. Just keep this in mind, and watch the movie you will understand it much. A wonderful technique, but over used in Megha.

In the introduction to the love angle between the main couples, two songs features back to back at a marriage ceremony. The first one is "Uravugal Thodar Kathai". It was so excellent where the emotions were well captured . It had a great impact that at a point of time your heart just flies fast before you. Following it is the awesome song Putham Puthu Kalai. It made my day, again, yes, yet again. Eventhough I favour it to be shot otherwise, it did look charming with the flow.

Few places dialogues are quite funny and enjoyable, but the final output pulls in a lot of melodrama like uttering 'Long-Love-Lines' during much wounded suituations. I am a bit allergic to such moments, but miraculously passed them all and completely enjoyed the film. The beauty potrayed by Karthik Rishi is, it rains whenever Megha is around. When she is far it stops raining - wonderfully used as a part of the naration. And when Mugil watches from top of a Theatre building eyeing for any clue, the poster just below him on the wall is from the movie Kazhugu - there are many such excellent potrayals, please care to note them and enjoy the movie to the fullest.

Megha - Moist

PS : You can now legally watch MEGHA movie in HD at http://www.herotalkies.com/ (Price $2,99 ONLY)

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:52 pm

more on MEgha from mappi :

Like wise there are so many motifs in the film - (Motif is the representation in a narrative to acquire symbolic meaning. A motif can be a technical feature (a shot angle, a lighting set up), a sound or piece of dialogue or music, or an object) - hats off Karthik Rishi, IR audio sparkles the visual, where the director has used it fully. It has so much value of an experience. IR has kept so many wonderful emotions in the BGM, thats why I did not mention them in my review, as I wished everyone to experience them without any influence.

mythila

Back to top Go down

Megha / மேகா - Page 13 Empty MEgha climax

Post  mythila Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:08 pm

mappi's viewpoint on MEgha climax , which is encapsuled inside spoiler alert is a must read too , esp for those who watched it already.
page 294 of "Films and documentaries last watched ..." thread of the other forum.

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9870-Film-Documentary-Recently-watched-amp-worthy-of-some-discussion/page294

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:53 am

Thanks mythila for sharing. Glad that there is a legal way to watch Megha in HD.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:44 am

mythila wrote:mappi's viewpoint on MEgha climax , which is encapsuled inside spoiler alert is a must read too , esp for those who watched it already.
page 294 of "Films and documentaries last watched ..." thread of the other forum.

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9870-Film-Documentary-Recently-watched-amp-worthy-of-some-discussion/page294

yaar profile pic'um seri illaye...

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:22 pm

too much meta-reading @ Mappi, adhuvum entha padathuku  Smile

does Megha come with different cuts other than tamilmovierockers? in the last decade would rate Megha with 'Onbathula Guru' as movies which are so bad that they're so good..yet another feather in Raaja's  sakkitpu thanmai.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:44 am

app_engine wrote: IR to follow HJ it seems

எல்லாம் நேரம்!

Very soon they will say IR follows ARR. oh boy ARR's new album "I" has been hyped and marketed to unbeleivalble extent even telling he changed indian music with new sounds Laughing same old marketing techniques in detail. I know this topic has been brought up again and again now when you find time read this..i can only laugh

http://www.thehindu.com/features/metroplus/thoughts-on-ar-rahmans-gloriously-fun-and-wholly-individual-soundtrack-for-the-new-shankar-film-i/article6419639.ece

During days of onayum aatukutiyum someone posted about review by Mr. Rangan and how he received apt comments that he cannot see anything in OA Smile
But even before "I" is released can see very hyped writeup as if we never watched tamil films before and we dont know what is music, sound, composing, indian sounds, computer etc.

someone has to give him old audio cassete of punnagai mannan which had label "computer music: dileep kumar" or listen viswanathan ramamurthy's out of world non-traditional sounds or even V. Kumar's old movie bgms Laughing

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:38 am

I am sure I sounds great, but I have lost faith in Rahman's originality. it is all inspired. He listens to music from around the world and adapts it for the indian audience. Whoever wants to listen to him.. can .. I will not .. I will rather go to the source if I want to hear that kind of sound.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:28 am

Started watching this movie...but slept soon unfortunately Embarassed

Both the boy and girl are so paridhAbam, the movie needed better cast...sorry director (and rAsA, who praised him)...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:05 am

but slept soon unfortunately  Embarassed  

neenga vasinganna nan thoonganum laugh great escape app, antha padathai oru ketta kannava nenachu marathuduga.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri May 08, 2015 10:23 pm

Listening to the songs after a gap...

They're sounding only better Smile

Solid soundtrack! (Though much less than NEPV)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNpH_ANLmsg

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat May 09, 2015 7:32 am

In both Megha and NEPV, the orchestral passages have only got better with time, their depth becoming clearer with the gap.  Mugilo melody thanks to Yuvan is unsahikable but Kalvane shines brighter.  For me, Sayndhu Sayndhu is the surprise package.  I like it more than any other track on NEPV other than Sattru Munbu.  I can easily tolerate Yuvan for the sheer musical magic.  The chords during the vocal passages as well as the interludes are superb.  Raja's music is so relaxed, with so much space between the notes, on both these songs.  Critics used to point out that there was often no breathing space in his songs and they were too tight with no time for the listeners to take in the magic.  For good measure, he has shown he can do that just as well.  He did have some songs in the 80s where he followed this more spaced out approach like Oru Poongavanam but this approach has fully matured on NEPV.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Fri May 15, 2015 3:42 am

@CK - you know more music than me.. but still let me tell some thing :-) Driving a song with a bass line or chords or ostinato is no big deal for IR - been there and done that. Interestingly, there are other MDs who can also do this successfully. The challenge now is to integrate the orchestra into the main tune itself. It is to make the song totally polyphonic, not just harmonic. For eg. vaanam mella in NEPV - this is a traditional irish tune, but the idea is to make it orchestral.. can you tell which one is harmony, which one is fill etc ? This is the area of focus for IR , these days it seems, atleast to my ears. mudhal muRai - is orchestra + rock and saRRu munbu is the totally polyphonic kind. I bet you can never sing saRRu munbu with out any orchestra support. It will suck. (actually this could be the litmus test - if the vocals part alone sounds good, it is not polyphonic and not the 'new' IR genre).  Good that you are able to appreciate all .. I am on this orchestra mode these days.. all those 80s or whatever does not cut it for me. I want the 'new' IR .

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Fri May 15, 2015 5:36 pm

He has integrated the orchestra into the main tune before; I think Ravi discussed the examples earlier - Adhikalai and Swargathin Vaasapadi.  I am sure there are more such.  The difference now is the instrument selection and handling is much more refined and more authentically Western.  In the 80s, the conceptualisation (of harmony and arrangements) was very Western but a lot of the tones were Indianised.   My father pointed this out by comparing O Priya with Sattru Munbu.  The two songs have some similarities but if you get right to the end of the second interlude of O Priya, there is some bell-like synth sound which, when compared with the polish of Sattru Munbu, sticks out like a sore thumb.  I guess he did that at the time because Indian audience would not have been ready for something like Sattru Munbu.  Matter of fact, whether they are ready even now is debatable.  

Sattru Munbu vocal melody does have portions which may sound odd without an orchestra but imo is less dependent on it than say Adhikalai.  Charanam does not need orchestral support at all (and Raja's own treatment is very minimalist in the charanam); it's quite a beautiful melody.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13