Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs

+17
mythila
jega
rajkumarc
al_gates
sagi
Sakalakala Vallavar
kiru
skr
Punnaimaran
[μsic]மாபியா
balachidambaram
kameshratnam
V_S
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
plum
app_engine
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs - Page 4 Empty Re: Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs

Post  skr Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:25 am

Glad to see the source material updated till 1991 Smile 

As Appji mentioned Version VO contains only songs of tamil movies (including dubbed tamil).
I guess Anbu sir has just mentioned about other language movies so that it can be worked on after tamil list has been completed.

To all those updating the db , please only include tamil original and tamil dubbed and lets leave aside other languages for the time being.

I am sure there will be some doubts/confusions as we are updating , (already ive raised some like Sindhu Bhairavi etc) but i guess we can just keep them aside for the time being and maintain a separate list of it so that we can all collectively figure out the missing info once the main part is updated.
Guess in this way , the flow will also not be affected.

I have almost completed updating for 1985.
I will not be in town the next week , so will update any pending part after that.

Regards
skr

skr

Back to top Go down

Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs - Page 4 Empty Re: Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs

Post  skr Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:04 am

Hi App , 

Any updates regarding the source material and database  ??

skr

Back to top Go down

Post  olichudar Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:48 am

Hi app,
I am also curious to see the updated Xls based on the new format shared.
olichudar
olichudar

http://www.spotpack.com

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:12 pm

skr, olichudar & all,

Sorry for not updating - had to be away for a few days...yet to catch up! Embarassed

Quickly, we have the final version of the source file, yet to look at the details. Will forward all volunteers ASAP.

Also, our tracks DB has to be merged with olichudar's entries. I guess it is the same case with those inputs by others as well (as they seem to keep it locally).

Will be getting into this project this week!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:38 pm

Homage to Vaali but songs by other kavingars

I guess there's an urgent need - not only to complete our project but publish it / popularize it by all possible means!

Ignorance about the lyricist is perhaps not as worse as TN / TFM anywhere else in the world Embarassed

(nAnum konja nALaikku munnAdi varai andhakkoottam dhAn Embarassed )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  olichudar Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:00 pm

You are right! Taking this effort seriously to next level. I am volunteering to create a information site based on the excel we are creating. 
A site where one can search any songs, movies, films based on year, director, lyricist, actor, etc... this should be made really simple and intuitive keeping to meet all raaja fans expectation. This way we can make sure all rajaa fans will have access to accurate data and more in a beautiful interface. 

I will share confirmed idea soon.
olichudar
olichudar

Back to top Go down

Post  skr Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:11 pm

Yes , this project is so important. The only decent source on the net Rakkamma.com has also been affected by malware Sad
I wanted to share a thing .. i had a list of movie folders over 700 + classified under IR .. as i was analysing i found that more than 40+ movies were by other composers but they all found place under Ilaiyaraaja , infact most of the songs were even tagged to his name.

This is due to the domino effect of internet .. one site lists out wrong info , it gets passed on to other places and there are so many wrong assumptions. Even now in the internet ive seen people crediting IR instead of MSV for popular movies like Apoorva Ragam and Ninaithaale Inikkum.

Just to list out , these were the movies which were classified under the IR folder but in effect are the work of other composers.
Aayul Kaidhi
Aval Etriya Deepangal
Deva Raagam
Enga Ooru Rasathi
Iru Nilavugal
Lottery Ticket
Kaalamellaam Un Madiyil
Kairaasi
Kalyana Agathigal
Kanne Paapa
Kuruvi Koodu
Malligai Mohini
Manadhile Oru Paattu
Mangai Oru Gangai
Moodi Sooda Mannan
Moondrezhuthil Enn Mootchirukkum
Mr.Madras
Naalu Perukku Nandri
Nallavan
Namma Ooru Nalla Ooru
Nandhini
Nangkooram
Oorgolam
Ore Vaanam Ore Bhoomi
Pathavi Pramanam
Pennai Nambunga
Poi Saatchi
Ponnagaram
Poove Ilam Poove
Pullakuddikaran
Seervarisai
Seethanam
Sridevi
Sugamana Sumaigal
Taxi Driver
Thai Paasam
Thangathin Thangam
Therku Theru Machaan
Thoongadha Kannondru

Out of these only for Aval Ettriya Dheepangal and Manathile Oru Paattu , i couldnt find the names of the actual composer. If someone knows please let me know.

skr

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:15 am

Time to start pushing this "IR Tracks DB" project Smile

Let me share the "final" spreadsheet sent by our dear forumer here, for all (so far exclusive to the volunteers):

_[1976-2013].xlsx]Download link

Please feel free to post any observations / suggestions on this thread.

We can use such comments when building the IR tracks DB Smile

app_engine

Siva0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  olichudar Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:26 am

Thanks Apps for the consolidated track list. The excel sheet you have shared is the continuation of Anbu sir's excel till 2013. Based on this we may have to convert it into new format(singers, chorus, in seperate column, Raagam, Genere etc. ). Is my understanding right? Also please share the consolidated list of new format excel
olichudar
olichudar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:25 pm

Fellow forumer இசை doing a very detailed job on his blog...

Even for the 1977 movie durgA dEvi, look at his detailed post :
http://irbow.blogspot.in/2015/03/14-durga-devi-1977.html

When he is finally complete with his blog, that could serve as a very accurate and comprehensive place to look at rAsA TFM.

It would be worthwhile if everyone closely follows his posts and help him make it as accurate as possible Smile

Look at this, as an example:

கேட்டால் கேட்ட வரம்...
நல்ல பாடல். இப்பாடலும் இணையத்தில் இல்லை. சத்தமேகத்தில் ஏற்றிவைக்கிறேன். 
https://soundcloud.com/isai-s-d/kettaal-ketta-varam

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:30 pm

Durga Devi..........  kaetal kaeta varam......  indha paatai radio il kaetu... padam parka asai pattu.... (IR songs.. radio vil kaetu.. padam parka
asai patta kalam adhu......)  padam parthen..... ipodhum ondrum ninaivillai.......  yar nadithargal..  enna kadhai.... nyabagam ilai. indha madhirii oru padam
ipadi.. nyabagam illamal irundhadhu illai.....  Rolling Eyes...

( village life... adhanal.. en amma .. padam arambitha pin dhan padathuku kooti kondu povargal......indha padathukum apadi than...  padam parthom..
matha paatu ellam vandhadhu..  indha kaetal kaeta varam paatu matum varavilai... indha paatukaga than padam parka ponen...... ammavidam kobithu konden..
Title song aga vandhu iruka vendum endru ninaikiren..........

Ipadi oru ninaivu.. indha paatukum.. padathukum.............

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:06 pm

Anbu sir has e-mailed an updated / revised spreadsheet of all IR tracks Smile

Unlike last time, I won't be hosting it on some share folder (like mediafire) and sharing the link here!

This is because, there had been specific cases of people in the past who made use of such phenomenal product but NOT SHOWING ANY APPRECIATION or COURTESY for such priceless hard work and service.

I repeat - this is an effort of phenomenal magnitude / quality - கொஞ்சம் முயன்று பார்த்தால் தெரியும் இதற்கு எப்படிப்பட்ட இமாயல உழைப்பும், தியாக மனப்பான்மையும் ராசாவின்பால் அளவற்ற அன்பும் தேவை என்று.

அப்படிப்பட்ட ஒரு விலைமதிப்பற்ற உழைப்பை மெச்சாத சிறுமை உள்ளத்தினருக்கு  "வச்சுக்கோ" என்று கொடுக்க மனம் வரவில்லை.

என்றாலும், மனதார மதிப்புக்கொடுத்து யார் கேட்டாலும் விலையின்றி அனுப்பித்தரப்படும் என்பதில் ஐயமில்லை Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs - Page 4 Empty Every fan's dream

Post  lices Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:56 pm

Awesome work. Every raja sir fan dream of a complete list of movies and songs list.

Do we have an option get all of these Tamil movie songs by paying a fee.

Sir (app_engine) can I get the excel file for my reference and start the collection of all movies and songs.

Giri

lices

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:26 pm

lices wrote:Awesome work. Every raja sir fan dream of a complete list of movies and songs list.

Do we have an option get all of these Tamil movie songs by paying a fee.

Sir (app_engine) can I get the excel file for my reference and start the collection of all movies and songs.

Giri

Hi Giri,

Welcome to the forum!

As mentioned above, this is without charge Smile  In fact, when Anbu sir e-mailed his previous version, I uploaded it in mediafire and posted the link here :

https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t103p50-accurate-comprehensive-database-for-ir-movies-songs#7956

Later I came to know that some people, who made use of his hard work / collections / archives etc didn't show any kind appreciation for it (even not returning some precious artifacts that were borrowed / made use of). 

That irritated me Embarassed which is why I felt I shouldn't be hosting it like last time. However, I had been e-mailing to anyone asking for it Smile

app_engine

Saran likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  lices Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:33 am

Thanks for everyone who did their contribution and put in effort to make this work take the final shape.

Received the file from App sir. Big thanks to Anbu sir. 

Wish to collect the songs in audio format for all Tamil movies and hopefully I can contribute back to this forum.

lices

Back to top Go down

Post  Siva0 Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:28 am

Excellent work.Thank you so much  applause

Siva0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4