Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs

+17
mythila
jega
rajkumarc
al_gates
sagi
Sakalakala Vallavar
kiru
skr
Punnaimaran
[μsic]மாபியா
balachidambaram
kameshratnam
V_S
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
plum
app_engine
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs

Post  kameshratnam Tue May 07, 2013 11:09 am

[μsic]மாபியா wrote:
kameshratnam wrote:This week i went and met Ali khan - the record holder for having all the songs released in tamil cinema.

He is struggling and currently having problems with money. We can try to use his database and also give him some money and make him part of this project. He has all the songs of IR and he charges 250 per cd. A cd may contain 3 movies.

Kamesh Sir Does he have a list of movies

I saw a book where he has got the list of movies and songs

Since he is a record holder for these songs i am sure the list should be there.

kameshratnam

http://soundcloud.com/kameshratnam

Back to top Go down

Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs

Post  skr Tue May 07, 2013 6:18 pm

app_engine wrote:skr,
OK, let me place the link here where I've placed anbu's hardwork:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n5f4bg4rpgmhzmm
Smile
Let's keep the discussion on...I agree with you on the "track" based approach Smile

Hi App ,
I kind of liked Anbus spreadsheet. Great job done since its a first in which i see mention of the songs.
On a cursory glance i find some movie names missing though such as Adhigaaram , Kannukku Oru Vannakilli , Kadhal Kadhai etc.
Just feel it requires some tweaking so as to make it comprehensive and easily accessible.

Requires a combined effort from all.

skr

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue May 07, 2013 6:52 pm

skr wrote:
Requires a combined effort from all.

Absolutely! And that's why this thread, which has brought in some interesting minds & inputs Smile

While the attributes that we keep coming up with can all be wish-lists and dreams for someday, I feel the following are bare-minimum & mandatory :

# track name

# track belongs to which movie / album

# year of album release

# song or instrumental

If song, then :

# Male singer(s) 1(,2,3,4)

# Female singer(s) 1(,2,3,4)

# chorus Y/N

# lyricist

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue May 07, 2013 7:01 pm

App and all others,

Though this shud have happened much before, This is an :தெய்வமே: effort!

one sumaall suggestion

Original / Remake / Dubbing - this is for Movie right? One more option -> Tune Reuse

many times same tune re used in other language film for different situation(for ex sariya sariyaa naan kaathalithathu as puzhayorathu)

கூடித்தொகுப்போம்! பின்னர், கூத்தாடிக்களிப்போம்!

though i am not at all worth to present facts and contribute greater corrections...
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed May 08, 2013 4:41 pm

I was quite slow on my e-mails and missed reading some important ones Embarassed Anbu has lot more to share and says the spreadsheet he sent earlier is incomplete and hence "not to be shared in public" Embarassed.

So, I'll be removing that mediafire link today Embarassed

Well, that only means we have a lot more data to come and keep us excited!

Remember once again the two main goals :

a) The track list has to be as complete as possible

b) Every bit of data in our end-product has to be as accurate as possible - zero defect being the goal!

Last edited by app_engine on Thu May 09, 2013 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed May 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Time for Anbu saar to make a public appearance Laughing

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun May 12, 2013 4:31 pm

I guess it will be a little slow on this thread until we share Rel. 1 of what we will call "Spread-IR-pugazh" (because it will be spreadsheet) or "IRDB" (database) or "IR-Index" (suggestion by one forumer) or any new name. (Obviously, suggestions are welcome for the name of this project and please feel free to post them here!)

However, it is not slow behind the scenes Smile Please be assured that people are busy collecting information and there'll be periodical updates on this thread, though few and far between.

Once we have Rel.1, all can work on "pattai theettal" in this space and I assure it will be terribly busy Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat May 18, 2013 12:10 am

Update : I've given a sample "track-sheet" with just the 1976 songs to some friends to comment on the format. If and when consensus is obtained, the game plan is to "divide & conquer".

i.e. To get all the AVAILABLE data (in various websites / spreadsheets / varied formats etc) keyed into this spreadsheet which will be shared to volunteers, AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE, while maintaining high-quality!

We'll possibly need the help of volunteers in a week's time to get the "data-entry" part. Once we complete it, we can run through the interested members quickly before sharing in the forum for nit-picking and pattai-theettal.

I guess it will be TFM to start with and we'll add other languages progressively Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  al_gates Sat May 18, 2013 4:44 am

app_engine wrote:
plum wrote:I think someone in your SPB-IR talked about a comprehensive sheet - wh was it

IIRC, al_gates and he has signed up in our forum as well Smile

We'll request his database and try to use it (along with other open web resources) as the starting ore.

I'm here Sir! How can I help you?

al_gates

Back to top Go down

Post  skr Sat May 18, 2013 7:17 am

App ji ,
Please send me a parcel of the format too ..
Lets kickstart on this soon.

skr

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:19 pm

al_gates & skr,

mikka nanRi for volunteering! I'm sorry for the late reply Embarassed

I have updated the format as per the feedback and will be placing as a google document for volunteers to work on ASAP.

Apart from our forum, I've got some tweeters willing to volunteer as well.

So, the game plan is to "divide and conquer", with some common guidelines for all, to do the data entry (to produce the initial release).

To all volunteers:

1. Please PM me the gmail / google ID for access permission to the spreadsheet.

2. Please make use of the following spreadsheet as the main raw-material for initial years:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n16j3z9r22x9g3c/ilaiyaRaaja_--_Discography_%5B1976-1984%5D_%5B2013-Jun-10%5D.xlsx

3. In addition, there will be another spreadsheet that will be separately e-mailed to you for years-after (not cleared for sharing on the forum yet by its owner) and the same has to be made use of.

4. Apart from these, please don't hesitate to refer to resources such as rAkkamma / thiraippAdal and others of your own for making it more comprehensive / inclusive

5. Once I get the ID, I'll assign ONE YEAR (e.g. 1977 for al_gates) for each volunteer to key-in the data. (The model spreadsheet had 1976 keyed-in by me, as the reference, and the same will be part of the new google doc)

6. We will be doing only TFM for Rel 0 & Rel 1 (Rel 0 initial with just data entry and private QC, Rel 1 after "forum scrutiny" & QC). Further releases will have other languages included.

So, please PM me ASAP Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:34 am

Started adding data for 1977. Shall finish by tomorrow. Is it okay if add data on the ragas in 1976? Just taking the liberty and proceeding for Kannan Oru Kai Kuzhandhai (Mohanam) and the theme music of Bhadrakali which plays an instrumental version of the same song. I am also adding ragas where I have an idea on and the genre for the songs I'm adding in 1977.

Cheers.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:30 pm

skr,
For some reason, I couldn't reply to your PM - the browser hangs Sad

I've added you to the google doc, please take up year 1978...(1976 done by me, 1977 WIP with drunkenmunk...)

nanRi sir!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Current assignment status for IRTDB, TFM V0 :

1976 - Done as pilot
1977 - Drunkenmunk
1978 - skr
1979 - Kameshratnam
1980 - app_engine

Come on, more volunteers - we have a lot more years Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:17 pm

I will take up 81 and 82. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:35 pm

I am more familiar with his works post-92. I can take up any year post 92 or if thats going to break our rhythm, how about 2012? In that way we could have a few work in the reverse order.

Also with a newborn at home don't expect me to turn it around real quick. Embarassed

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:43 pm

nanRi V_Sji!
Added your google ID to the shared spreadsheet Smile

mikka nanRi Nerd!
Please PM your google ID and I'll add to the spreadsheet Smile

I will also e-mail the second (post-84) spreadsheet to those signed-up, for reference purposes & as raw material (that sheet cannot be published in the forum yet, as asked by the owner).

That way, Nerd (and similar younger volunteers) can pick up later years which they are comfortable with!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:46 pm

Oru sandhegau. Updating Gayathri, 1977. The song, Kadhalennum Kaaviyam, I'm convinced is Gayathri (unless you say otherwise). Raaga does not have the song. The excel sheet you had shared is missing it Embarassed The singer also seems a little different. Is it SP Shailaja? Or Jency? Thanks Smile
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:24 pm

App - I'm up for volunteering too. I can start from the later years, say 2011 or 2010. I have PM-ed my google id.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:Oru sandhegau. Updating Gayathri, 1977. The song, Kadhalennum Kaaviyam, I'm convinced is Gayathri (unless you say otherwise). Raaga does not have the song. The excel sheet you had shared is missing it Embarassed The singer also seems a little different. Is it SP Shailaja? Or Jency? Thanks Smile

Honestly, I don't remember Embarassed Unless I listen to the song, difficult to comment (thiraipaadal has it listed but not playing yet).

For such cases, in general, let us fill in whatever details we have and put some REMARKS for revisiting...that way, the flow won't get affected Smile

Once again, nanRi for the enthu & the eye for accuracy!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:Oru sandhegau. Updating Gayathri, 1977. The song, Kadhalennum Kaaviyam, I'm convinced is Gayathri (unless you say otherwise). Raaga does not have the song. The excel sheet you had shared is missing it Embarassed The singer also seems a little different. Is it SP Shailaja? Or Jency? Thanks Smile

Embarassed

I should have checked my PM before posting a reply for this query :

kAdhalennum kAviyam is from Vattathukkul Sathuram [1978], Singer:Jikki, Lyricist: Panju Arunachalam.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:47 pm

With the addition of more volunteers, here is the pangu-pirippu :

1976 - Done as pilot
1977 - Drunkenmunk
1978 - skr
1979 - Kameshratnam
1980 - app_engine
1981 - V_Sji
1982 - V_Sji

1983-2010 - OPEN

2011 - rajkumarc
2012 - Nerd

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:56 pm

app saar,
Thanks Smile
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:25 am

So one more doubt. There is overlap between 1977 and 1978. As in, albums released in 1977 have films released in 1978. So we have Raaga and websites registering the films for 1978 (Ilamai Oonjalaadigiradhu, Thirukalyanam, Maariyamman Thiruvizha, Kaatrinile Varum Geetham, Dhurga Devi, Chittukuruvi, Vaazha Ninaithaal Vaazhalaam). Do I go by the audio release and add these? I am going by alphabetical order and would have to rearrange the numbers Embarassed and it might take one more day if I'm to add all these in Embarassed
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:30 am

Drunkenmunk wrote:So one more doubt. There is overlap between 1977 and 1978. As in, albums released in 1977 have films released in 1978. So we have Raaga and websites registering the films for 1978 (Ilamai Oonjalaadigiradhu, Thirukalyanam, Maariyamman Thiruvizha, Kaatrinile Varum Geetham, Dhurga Devi, Chittukuruvi, Vaazha Ninaithaal Vaazhalaam). Do I go by the audio release and add these? I am going by alphabetical order and would have to rearrange the numbers Embarassed and it might take one more day if I'm to add all these in Embarassed

Let's have the album release date as the main reference (and the film release as supplementary information). That way, we'll be uniform across the board (films not released, non-film albums etc).

Don't worry about the serial number / ID number kinds at this time or maintaining the "order by" of the spreadsheet. It won't be possible until everyone is done Smile

BTW, one more volunteer, Suresh2, has come in and he has signed up for 1983 & 1984!

So, the open slots are coming down reasonably well Smile

So, update :
1976 - Done as pilot
1977 - Drunkenmunk
1978 - skr
1979 - Kameshratnam
1980 - app_engine
1981 - V_Sji
1982 - V_Sji
1983 - Suresh2
1984 - Suresh2

1985-2010 - OPEN

2011 - rajkumarc
2012 - Nerd

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next