Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum (The wolf and the lamb) - Mysskin

+23
baroque
plum
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
Bala (Karthik)
Wizzy
Balu
jaiganesh
crimson king
raja4ever
Raaga_Suresh
writeface
fring151
Kr
kiru
ravinat
Drunkenmunk
rajkumarc
kv
isaifan
V_S
MumbaiRamki
app_engine
sagi
27 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum (The wolf and the lamb) - Mysskin - Page 8 Empty Re: Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum (The wolf and the lamb) - Mysskin

Post  rajkumarc Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:15 am

In BayArea, they have reduced the showtimes, but I'm happy that they haven't cancelled the shows altogether. Will definitely watch it one more time this weekend.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum (The wolf and the lamb) - Mysskin - Page 8 Empty Re: Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum (The wolf and the lamb) - Mysskin

Post  balachidambaram Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Watched Onai second time particularly for Raaja. One of the best decisions i have ever made.
I thought second time worked wonders for me.

First time it didnt that much because for me Mysskin did a big mistake in releasing BGM.
After hearing music like that my mind had pre-decided that it ought to be a world class movie in every sense
to match the score. To match the drama and soul in the music. The movie was not even closer.
When walk between life and death was playing in the background my heart was pounding whereas characters where just walking in
the symmetry and there was nothing to emotionally relate there.

Second time i know that it was not the earth shattering movie and settled and it was a really good experience.
Actually as Mysskin said there is no script as such.There is absolutely no big surprising story line. He has just build the movie with collection of brilliant scenes keeping wolf and the lamb theme.

But then he has Raaja. God he is something else. If not for Raaja the movie would have been disaster and Mysskin would now be
facing severe backlash.

Its interesting to see what Raaja does in the low points of the movie and the high points.

Obviously Raaja has done the mindblowing themes which are sensational and elevates the movie to a different horizon(many times more than the level of the movie).
But it is not the elevating music that alone is special. The way raaja has taken this movie on his shoulders was unbelievable for me.
Because everytime Mysskin drags, is a bit off, fumbles to connect scenes, Raaja fills the loop holes and slow stuff in the movie and thus making the brilliant scenes shine.
This is like everytime.

Because though there are brilliant scenes Mysskin does some really slow stuff.
For instance they gather at cemetry entrance. Then move from there to a tree. Then from there to the kallarai. And when i say they
move they walk from place to place and the entire walking is shown. But Raaja's music doesnt let us known the slowness of the movie. Everytime he creates a suspense tone to keep us engaged and fool us to think there is something about to happen. People who were passing comments initailly were suprisingly silent in the slow scenes and it was fully down to Raaja.
He made the really low points of the movie bearable. Thats the greatest contribution one can make.

And when the movie hits the highs Raaja moves like a monster possessed.

The most thrilling points of the movie are left completely silent.
Cue the blind girl moves touching the wall, when myskkin uses the girls belt etcc.

Then the action sequences he goes beserk. Strings are screaming. When Sri climbs station platform, The train sequence, car chase sequence (The  music for car chase made it look it was Speed-2), final shopping complex running etc..

Then the emotional sequences. EQ was spot on mostly or at a higher level. Never was below what the scene needed.
Sometimes i was afraid since i know the score, this music would be too dramatic for the scene
and he suddenly brings in something else to make it more classy.

I am going to watch once more to enjoy this. This is just a manual on BGM.
Mysskin is one lucky fellow.

balachidambaram

Back to top Go down

Post  kameshratnam Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Those in India and who want ONAYUM AATUKUTTIYUM BGM Cds.. here is a message from Mr. Karuna

இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவின் ஓநாயும் ஆட்டுக் குட்டியும் பிஜிஎம் ஒலித் தட்டு குறித்து ஒரு ட்விட்லாங்கர்.

நண்பர் மிஷ்கினின் ஓநாயும் ஆட்டுக் குட்டியும் படம் நம்மையெல்லாம் ஈர்த்ததற்கு முதல் காரணம் இசைஞானி. அந்த அற்புதமான பிஜிஎம் மட்டும் அடங்கிய ஒலித்தட்டை மிஷ்கின் வலைதளத்தில் அவரது இரசிகர்களுக்காக வெளியிட்டதும் பாராட்டத்தக்க ஒன்று. 

என்னிடம் சில நண்பர்கள், இசைஞானியின் அந்த ஒலிக் கோர்வையை, (un compressed format) ஒலித் தட்டாக வேண்டும்! கிடைக்குமா? என்று கேட்டார்கள். அதை நான் மிஷ்கினிடம் சொன்ன போது, அவர் சற்றும் தயங்காமல், அதெற்கென்ன! ராஜாவின் இரசிகர்களுக்கு இல்லாததா? என்று சொல்லி, ஒலித் தட்டுகளாகவேத் தருவதாக வாக்களித்தார். 

இப்போது என்னிடம் இசைஞானியின் இரசிகர்களுக்கு கொண்டு சென்று சேர்ப்பித்து விடுங்கள் எனச் சொல்லி 1000 ஒலித் தட்டுகளைத் தந்திருக்கிறார். அதுவும், அதற்கு விலையின்றி, இலவசமாகவே! பெரிய மனசு…

இலவசமாக அதை நான் ஏற்றுக் கொள்ள மறுக்கவே, இசைஞானியுடன் கலந்து பேசி, நண்பர்கள் மனமுவந்து விருப்பத்துடன் தரும் நன்கொடையினை ஒரு சேவை நிறுவனத்திற்கு அளித்து விடும்படி சொல்லியிருக்கின்றனர். 

நண்பர்களே! இப்போது என்னிடம் இருக்கும் இந்த ஓநாயும், ஆட்டுக் குட்டியும் ஒலித் தட்டுகளை எப்படி நான் இசைஞானியின் இரசிகர்களுக்குக் கொண்டு சென்று சேர்ப்பிப்பது என்பதே என் முன் இருக்கும் சவால்! 

ஒரு டிவிட்டர் நண்பரின் உதவியோடு ஒரு ஈ.காம் சைட் ஒன்றின் உதவியினை நாடினோம். அவர்களும் இளையராஜாவின் இரசிகர்கள் என்றபடியால், மனமுவந்து முன் வந்துள்ளனர். இதற்கு எந்த சேவைக் கட்டணத்தையும் பெற்றுக் கொள்ளாமல், மிகச் சிறிய அளவில் ஷிப்பிங் சார்ஜ் மட்டும் பெற்றுக் கொண்டு, ஒலித் தட்டுகளை கொண்டு சென்று சேர்ப்பிப்பதாக உறுதியளித்துள்ளனர். 

ஓநாயும், ஆட்டுக் குட்டியும் திரைப் படத்தின் பிஜிஎம் அடங்கிய ஒரிஜினல் ஒலித் தட்டு தேவைப் படுவோர் 
www.600024.com என்ற தளத்தில் அதற்கான சுட்டி (கூடிய விரைவில் தெரிவிக்கிறேன்!) வாங்கிக் கொள்ளலாம். நாளை 30.09.2013 திங்கள் முதல், இந்தச் சுட்டி இயங்கும் என தெரிவிக்கப் பட்டுள்ளது. 

http://600024.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=22567

ONLY FOR INDIA - REST of the world i dont know

அதற்கான ஷிப்பிங் சார்ஜ் எவ்வளவோ அதை மட்டும் நீங்கள் செலுத்தினால் போதும். அதையும் சலுகை விலையில் அளித்துள்ளனர்! மேலும், ஒருவர் அதிக பட்சம் மூன்று ஒலித் தட்டுகளை மட்டுமே வாங்க முடியும். அனைவருக்கும் கிடைக்க வேண்டும் என்பதற்காக இந்தக் கட்டுப்பாடு.

நண்பர்களே! அந்த தளத்திலேயே, அந்த சேவை நிறுவனத்தின் வங்கி எண் அளிக்கப் பட்டுள்ளது. நீங்கள் எவ்வளவு தரவேண்டும் என்று விரும்புகிறீர்களோ, அவ்வளவு ரூபாயை அந்த வங்கி எண்ணுக்கு அனுப்பி வைக்கலாம். அது ஒரு ரூபாய் முதல் எத்தனை ரூபாய் வரையிலும் இருக்கலாம். நூற்றுக்கணக்கான மன வளர்ச்சி குன்றிய குழந்தைகளை வைத்து பராமரிக்கும் மிக அற்புதமான தோண்டு நிறுவனம் அது. 

ஒலித் தட்டினை ஷிப்பிங் சார்ஜ் செலுத்திப் பெற்றுக் கொள்வதும், தொண்டு நிறுவனத்திற்கு நன்கொடை வழங்குவதும் இரு வேறு செயல்கள். நீங்கள் நன்கொடை ஏதும் அளிக்காமலும் இசைஞானியின் இந்த ஒலித்தட்டுகளைப் பெற்றுக் கொள்ளலாம். அதையும் ஒரு இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகனாக மிஷ்கினின் பெருந்தன்மை அனுமதிக்கிறது. 

மீண்டும் ஒரு முறை நண்பர் மிஷ்கினுக்கும், ராஜாவின் இரசிகர்களுக்கும் எனது நெஞ்சார்ந்த நன்றியினைத் தெரிவித்துக் கொள்கிறேன். நன்கொடை அளிக்கவிருக்கும் உங்களுக்கும் எனது நன்றிகள் பல. 

அந்த தொண்டு நிறுவனத்தின் வங்கி விவரம் உங்களின் கவனத்திற்கு: www.vasantham.org
Account Name: VASANTHAM
Account No.: 29780100001270
Bank Name: Bank of Baroda
Branch: Mogappair, Chennai
Address of bank: PC-2/6, Block 2, Kambar Salai, Mogappair West, Chennai 600 037
IFSC Code: BARB0MOGAPP
Phone: [url=tel:%2B91-44-23454218]+91-44-23454218[/url] / 23245244
Email: mogapp@bankofbaroda.com 

kameshratnam

http://soundcloud.com/kameshratnam

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:23 pm

Mysskin on road trip - even sticks posters

vikatan has given 51 marks it seems...not that it means much nowadays (neither does anyone care as to what they told about rAsA in the review)...just documenting.

Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum (The wolf and the lamb) - Mysskin - Page 8 Av_mar10

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:27 pm

OA to get more screens

webdunia wrote:
மிஷ்கினின் மாஸ்டர் பீஸ், ரொம்ப நல்ல படம் என்றெல்லாம் ஓநாயும் ஆட்டுக்குட்டியும் படத்துக்கு பாராட்டு குவிந்து வருகிறது. ஓபனிங் சுமார் என்றெல்லாலும் இந்த பாராட்டுகளால் படத்துக்கு அதிக ரசிகர்கள் வருவார்கள் என விநியோகஸ்தர்களும், திரையரங்கு உரிமையாளர்களும் நம்புகின்றனர்.

இதன் காரணமாக ஓநாயும் ஆட்டுக்குட்டியும் படத்தை இன்னும் அதிக திரையரங்குகளில் வெளியிட முடிவு செய்திருப்பதாக விநியோகஸ்தர்கள் தரப்பு தெரிவித்துள்ளது.

லவ், ஒன்லைன் காமெடி குப்பைகள் வசூலை வாரிக்குவிக்கையில் ஓநாய் மாதிரியான படங்கள் சின்ன லாபத்தையாவது வசூலித்தால்தான் நமது ரசனை சாகாமலிருக்கும். அந்தவகையில் ஓநாயையும் ஆட்டுக்குட்டியையும் இருகரம் நீட்டி வரவேற்போம்.  

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:07 pm

Mysskin interview to hindu paper

Revealing the reason behind choosing music director Ilayaraja for scoring music, Mysskin said that none other than the maestro can score music for the film. “Only great music can communicate the ideas in the film which doesn’t have too many dialogues and that is why I chose Ilayaraja sir,” he said.
I guess people who watch the movie have to look for the ideas being communicated by rAsA music...he must be filling in for what is not explicitly shown / told. That way, it should not be evaluated as a regular BGM - that typically only underlines what is shown / told.
(Obviously, such communication / connect is a rarity for average film MDs but nothing unusual for rAsA)...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:37 pm

Here are some tweets that I put up about the score of the movie

Listened a couple of times to #OAK soundtrack. Will take a long time to analyze this music. Amazing countermelodies.

I think Raja used the baroque style deliberately for counterpoints since he is able to get more than one emotion by this technique

A single melancholic violin which sears the soul accompanied by violins and cellos than apply the balm. Outstanding stuff.

'Walking through life and death'; The urgent swell of the violins followed by calmness almost akin to a prayer followed by the piano

Stunning part is that 'Wlaking through life and death' is superb as a stand alone piece and yet reflects the micro emotions on the screen

That is a fantastic combination of a musical brain, cinematic brain and a logistic brain which computes the time required for the piece

That's why it is very difficult to use the word genius with respect to anyone else. 'koti dhandaalu' to Myskin for releasing this score #OAK

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:24 pm

OAK cd/charity donation got me in a real tizzy. why can't they make it simple, just price it and do whatever they wish to do. what gives
for peeps like me who aren't that good with anchor pricing Neutral
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:31 pm

Link tweeted by Prasanna Venkatesan https://twitter.com/prasannaR_ ...

http://cinema.vikatan.com/articles/news/28/2589

vikatan wrote:
மிஷ்கின் இயக்கத்தில் வெற்றிகரமாக ஓடிக்கொண்டு இருக்கும் படம் ‘ஓநாயும் ஆட்டுக்குட்டியும்.’
பொதுவாக, படத்துக்கு இசை அமைத்த இசையமைப்பாளரை 'பின்னணி இசைக்கோர்ப்பு' என்றுதான் டைட்டிலில் குறிப்பிடுவார்கள்.

ஆனால், வசனங்கள் மிகக் குறைவாக இருந்த இந்தப் படத்துக்குப் பிண்ணனி இசைதான் மிகப்பெரிய பலம்.
எனவே, டைட்டில் கார்டு போடும்போது 'முன்னணி இசைக்கோர்ப்பு இளையராஜா' என்று குறிப்பிட்டிருந்தார் மிஷ்கின்.

போஸ்டர் ஒட்டக்கூட காசில்லாமல், ஊர் ஊராக மிஷ்கினே சென்று போஸ்டர் ஒட்டுவதைப் பார்த்த இளையராஜா, தன்னுடன் பணிபுரிந்த பக்க வாத்தியக் கலைஞர்களுக்கு மட்டும் சொற்பத் தொகையை மிஷ்கினிடம் வாங்கிக் கொடுத்திருக்கிறார்.

தனக்கான சம்பளமாக ஒரு பைசாகூட வாங்காமல் இளையராஜா ‘நோ’ சொல்ல... கண்கலங்கி விட்டாராம், மிஷ்கின்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:36 pm

In tears when I read this. That's our Maestro and his heart.

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:18 am

The end BGM of 'Onayum Aatukuttiyum': https://t.co/auHPwzLO1p (got from twitter)

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:35 pm

amazing. i played this to my toddler and asked what does he think he said is somebody running !!! then he said it stopped so did they stop running..oh they r running....stunning only maestro can do this..how do i download the bgm piece?

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Myskin gets BM-esque treatment from rAsA

That's a treatment of tall order!

• பாலுமகேந்திரா இயக்கிய (அழியாத கோலங்கள், சந்தியா ராகம் தவிர) அணைத்து படங்களுக்கும் இசை இளையராஜா தான், ஆனால் படத்துக்கு இவ்வளவு பணம் கொடுக்க வேண்டும் என்று ஒரு முறை கூட பேசியதில்லை இளையராஜா. பாலுமகேந்திரா தருவதை வாங்கிக் கொள்வது அவர் வழக்கம்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:36 pm

equanimus has posted a very positive review in twitlonger .

An interesting conversation follows:

twitter wrote:

@[sicmafia : 
@equanimus
மானிடர் பின்னாடி கூட போய் பாத்திட்டேன், இசையை பத்தி பக்கத்துல எதுவுமே இல்லயே...........

@equanimus :
@sicmafia  Ha ha! தனியா ஒரு பதிவு போட்டுருவோம். But seriously, I thought Raaja's score here was squarely in the tradition of classical Hollywwod film scores. Embellishes the film throughout, is present everywhere and nowhere in that sense. The score is of course heavy very much in line with Mysskin's vision, but Raaja of course gives a far more round score to the film.

@dagalti :

Ngaah! will you all shtaaapit about the music. It's a frikkin movie and Mysshkin is THE artist here #IsIt #GoodNight[/url]
Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:48 pm

nakkeeran adding some extra gossip to the 'no-charge' thingy

படம் முழுக்க முழுக்க இளையராஜாவை ராஜநடை போட வாய்ப்பு கொடுத்த மிஷ்கினிடம் இளையராஜா பணம் வாங்காதது பெரிய விஷயம் இல்லை என்கிறது தமிழ்த்திரையுலகம்.
Laughing

யாருப்பா அந்த " தமிழ்த்திரையுலகம் " ?

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:19 am

Just for record - Rediff review

There is just the simple and pure background score of the maestro, Ilayaraja. You can close your eyes and the music will tell you the tale. The action and emotion in every scene is heightened by the various instruments playing in the background.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Baradwaj Rangan on BGMs and why he didn't mention it in his OA review. Very reasonably and sensibly argued. I agree with him almost entirely on this. For IR fans to troll his blog asking why he didn't mention it is plain silly and frankly, embarrassing.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/cinema-columns/dancing-about-architecture/article5225016.ece?homepage=true

"But the score for Onaayum Aattukuttiyum is a little more difficult to pin down because it’s in the traditional symphonic mould — and as any teacher of western classical music will tell you, you need to listen, really listen, to a piece four or five times before knowing what it’s about and how it achieves its emotive effects. The score was available online earlier, and some people watched the film after listening to it — which means that, in a way, they went in looking to see how the score would be used (consciously) rather than how I went in, unprepared, and was thus able to see (after one viewing) simply that the film was “underscored by equal parts silence and a score,” which is how it usually is in Mysskin’s films. (You really should see his films if you haven’t. They’re one-of-a-kind.)"

"And yet, talking about the score is one of the more daunting aspects of a review — and not just because I don’t subscribe to the report-card model of reviewing. (I write about what strikes me, what impacts meconsciously, and if the score doesn’t do that, then there’s nothing to write about. There’s really no point saying something as generic as “... and so-and-so did an effective job with the score.”)"

thumbsup

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:03 pm

fring151 wrote:Baradwaj Rangan on BGMs and why he didn't mention it in his OA review. Very reasonably and sensibly argued. I agree with him almost entirely on this. For IR fans to troll his blog asking why he didn't mention it is plain silly and frankly, embarrassing.
Agree. Music for a film services what is scored on screen. Writing and acting primarily make or break a film, lest the film is a musical. But, indha Baradwaj Rangar article'a vechukittu indha milliblog pOnRa notorious neutrals seyyara attagaasam konja nanjam illa. Says BR gently steamrolls IR fans, ennavo uLLoora sandhosha padraapla (ennaala mudila, neeyaavadhu seyyi da'ndra maari). It is for the layman to separate the wheat from the chaff. It is well argued from BR.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:09 pm

I categorically disagree with that. No not the point about Raaja fans begging for attention. That a film is all about plot and performances. That a score is 'secondary' in a film. Its the visuals and the sound that make up a cinema. Especially when Raaja is doing the score and when master filmmakers like a Kurosawa or a Kubrick or our own thennAttu Kurosawa is taking care of the 'visuals'.

Like my good friend kid-glove once mentioned, cinema as a medium is best suited for horror films only.

If you want a good plot, there are plenty of books. If you want great performances go to a theater. I agree that only great visuals (I don't mean the ad film aesthetics which gets mistaken for great visuals, கண்ணுக்கு குளிர்ச்சியான ஒளிப்பதிவு anybody?) and superb background score can't make great cinema. All I am saying is they are at least as important as the plot and performances.

To me personally - AadukaLam is a film I immensely like, I would have liked it even more if GVP was replaced by our man. And I have seen numerous 80s borefests and the only reason being, I can listen to Raaja's score (and songs). En Jeevan Paduthu, Vazhaga VaLarga, Garjanai to name a few.

Take out the score from muLLum malarum (there is a famous anecdote about this very point) or a Sethu and watch it once. And then watch it with the score.

W.r.to OAK, I really envy the people who can just plainly watch (without paying any attention at all to the score) the Mysskin-Sree meeting sequence and the climax portions. And this film in particular, the no. of dialogue pages will be less than the no. of pages in the score. I mean the score is intentionally written like that and the director has intentionally allowed space for the composer to take over. He probably would not have found so many people asking about the score in say a Dhoni or a NEPV. Wrong example, Rangar saar.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:33 pm

I can safely say that the background score immeasurably enhanced my experience of The Omen and the 1979 Dracula film (starring Frank Langella and Laurence Olivier).   Jerry Goldsmith and John Williams respectively. I don't think either of acting, lighting or background score can be described in terms of primary or secondary.  Ideally, they work in consort to realise one cohesive work of art.  

With that said, I have read the BR article in question and I will allow for the possibility that maybe some IR fans were just a bit too enthusiastic.  A great background score, especially in the symphonic tradition (as BR mentioned), can slink quietly into the background and do its job by not getting noticed where it shouldn't.   I however expect a professional reviewer to note the quality of camerawork, background score etc and make appropriate comments about their effectiveness or lack of.  BR can call it a checkbox or whatever approach if he likes but in my opinion the professional critic should endeavour to go beyond only his subjective preferences (based in turn on his biases and likes and dislikes) and attempt to evaluate a movie technically too.  From that standpoint, it would have been practically impossible not to comment on a background score of that quality (and I am judging it standalone, since I have not watched the film) especially by Indian standards.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  vicks Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Quoting from Brangar's article:

It’s easy to talk about a cascade of violins being used here and some counterpoint being used there, because — whether in songs or in the score — these are but the most outward manifestations, while what’s really important is the inner world, the meaning, behind this cascade of violins and that counterpoint.

^^^ Really? Is it that easy to talk about counterpoints? Whats this sudden obsession with name dropping counterpoint among ARRTards, including ARR himself (interview with the Bengali composer)?

If the score didn't make an impact on Brangar (which is what he seems to be implying), I just feel sad for him. I saw the movie recently, and boy, the score was anything but unimpacful. There were so many scenes where I was literally moved to the point of shedding a few tears - the scene where the doc changes his mind to help the boy to save Wolf's life, anytime Walking through Life and Death is played in the background etc. And not to mention all the fight/chase BGMs. 

I mean, how can Sudhish Kamath/Brangar just ignore a monster of a score like this - sure they may not understand it (neither do I), but to not mention it, and then write articles rationalizing their reviews, is just sad. Would they have ignored mentioning John Williams if they were reviewing Schindler's List? Or Clint Mansell for Requiem for a Dream?

vicks

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:20 pm

And on top of all that he makes a sarcastic remark on the munnaNi isai thingi. Mysskin's earnestness is a marketing tactic for him. Obvioulsy he knows more about Mysskin's film than Myskkin himself Laughing

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  vicks Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Seriously, who is Brangar to say calling it foreground music is marketing hype? Lets see if he reviews Kochadiyan and says releasing the single track was just "marketing hype" and the song is not worth mentioning (obviously, people went in looking to see how the picturization would be for the song, but instead, Brangar went in 'unprepared' and it didn't make an impact on him Laughing )

If Mysshkin says this is foreground music and claims in all his interviews that Raja's music gave life to his movie, you have to analyze this movie from this perspective. To outright dismiss 'foreground music' as a problem without even trying to understand if that was indeed the director's vision, is a reviewer's "thenAvattu". 

I guess what Mysskin meant as foreground music was that he shot the movie (length of the scene, camera angles, editing etc.) keeping Raja's capabilities in mind, giving him ample scope to exhibit his monstrosity. You cannot decouple Raja and Mysskin in this movie - when you talk about OAK, you will invariably end up discussing Raja as well (unless you consciously ignore mentioning him, like the SS4 judges gumbal)

vicks

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:58 pm

i cannot control my laugh on BR article. lol.Laughing . i would say it is just BR's marketing hype to stand different in crowd be like saint watch the movie and say the bgm did not impact, so it will pull lot of people to his article for comments!. i would be eager to see if kochadaiyan's single track he will write a detailed review adding intricacises of symphony orchestra used in that. hey i can also do symphony kinda thing is that track:roll: . im one of guys who listened to tracks prior to watching the movie and what i felt. i didnt know it was "firefly" while watching the movie. but when HOD walked from his house to backyard the camera panes left and right and the score simply moved in a curve ! it immediately "subconciously" pulled me to attention to say that look how bgm fits with that frame. the main bgm them with violins with full of pathos fitted for compassion shown by one character towards another suddenly played in different manner when myshkin,sree,and girl walk together in parking lot (there was a heavy orchestra of same violin pathose tune ) but some sort of "achievement" by those 3 chars together. no pathos here but same tune sad violins turned into orchestra with keyboard (or may be grand violin) to give the impact. there are so may. and forget about all those violin symphonies. Those train theme just picks up the intensity of the situation. simply wow. and climax bgm.
also that weird jazz guitar when that bribed inspector meets karaidi (jazz done in nakkal style) and that high rock guitar for bullet guy with beard when he starts the bike..it perfectly fits the character. yes. bgm did not impact me unless im acting as if i am sleeping Laughing

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:20 am

irfan123 wrote:i cannot control my laugh on BR article. lol.Laughing . i would say it is just BR's marketing hype to stand different in crowd be like saint watch the movie and say the bgm did not impact, so it will pull lot of people to his article for comments!. i would be eager to see if kochadaiyan's single track he will write a detailed review adding intricacises of symphony orchestra used in that. hey i can also do symphony kinda thing is that track:roll: . im one of guys who listened to tracks prior to watching the movie and what i felt. i didnt know it was "firefly" while watching the movie. but when HOD walked from his house to backyard the camera panes left and right and the score simply moved in a curve ! it immediately "subconciously" pulled me to attention to say that look how bgm fits with that frame. the main bgm them with violins with full of pathos fitted for compassion shown by one character towards another suddenly played in different manner when myshkin,sree,and girl walk together in parking lot (there was a heavy orchestra of same violin pathose tune ) but some sort of "achievement" by those 3 chars together. no pathos here but same tune sad violins turned into orchestra with keyboard (or may be grand violin) to give the impact. there are so may. and forget about all those violin symphonies. Those train theme just picks up the intensity of the situation. simply wow. and climax bgm.
also that weird jazz guitar when that bribed inspector meets karaidi (jazz done in nakkal style) and that high rock guitar for bullet guy with beard when he starts the bike..it perfectly fits the character. yes. bgm did not impact me unless im acting as if i am sleeping Laughing
+1. the spider web bgm and inspector pichai intro bgm idhellaam pala varusham vechu study pannanum..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next