Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Watched

+25
baroque
fring151
dilbert
Drunkenmunk
balaji.r
Sridhar
mythila
Joe
radiochandra
writeface
HonestRaj
suresh2
Karthikeyan
groucho070
V_S
jaiganesh
Sakalakala Vallavar
app_engine
Bala (Karthik)
Admin
plum
Michael AF
kid_glove
sagi
29 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Recently Watched - Page 3 Empty Re: Recently Watched

Post  app_engine Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Look at TOI's news heading :

Samantha keeps her fingers crosses

Laughing
What a grammar lesson from an English newspaper!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Kandravi kodumaya irukkum Twisted Evil .
plum wrote:

I dread the day when Vijay TV will be doing Vijay-25 programmes with Vijay and Ajith planting kisses on each other's cheeks. Trust me, you'll live to see that day :banghead:
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Gun haters enjoy this! http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2012/11/thuppakki-user-review-165025.html
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:12 am

"thOkku" due to pressure from relatives visiting & kids...

Will perhaps be the last ever Vijay film seen in theater!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:40 pm

thOkku - app prefers thookku-nu sollalAmA?

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Some scenes from Mudhal Mariyaadhai - pwnage from Mottai and NT. அடப்போங்கடா!

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:30 pm

pOdA-pOdi (on Indian store DVD), because of relatives' pressure again Embarassed

Well, much better than thOkku (actually, tolerable despite s/o TR - well, he does better than most indhi heroes!)

Interesting to see TF moving away from Madurai to Mumbai / London etc (both thOkku & pOdA-di didn't have a single scene inside TN, that's a big change)!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:39 pm

நானே ரெண்டு மூணு வருஷத்துக்கு ஒரு தடவை தியேட்டர் போறவன். (எந்திரனுக்கு அப்புறம் அதே தியேட்டரில் இப்போ துப்பாக்கி).

நாங்க 7 பேர் தவிர ஆக மொத்தம் அஞ்சோ, ஆறோ பேர் தான் தியேட்டரில். இத்தனைக்கும் விடுமுறை நாள். பெரிய ஸ்க்ரீன் என்பதைத்தவிர வீட்டில் படம் பாக்குற மாதிரித்தான் இருந்துச்சு Sad

இடைவேளை விடவில்லை என்பதால் 'கூகிள் கூகிள் யாஹூ யாஹூ' பாட்டு சமயத்தில் தான் ரெஸ்ட் ரூம் போக நேர்ந்தது. ஆக்சுவலி, இந்த மாதிரி மசாலாவில் எப்போ வேணாப்போகலாம், இருந்தாலும் பாட்டு சீன்கள் ரொம்பவே பாடாவதி - தவளை தண்ணிக்குள்ள காலை ஆட்டற மாதிரி "டான்ஸை" விஜய் விட மாட்டேங்கறார். நாயகி நடிகையும் பாட்டு சீன்களில் பாடாவதி...மற்ற சீன்களில் தேவலை.

முருகதாஸ் கடைசி சீனில் மட்டும் நெஞ்சைத்தொட்டார்! ஆனாலும் மற்றபடி அவர் செய்திருக்கும் காமெடிகளால் கீழே கீழே போய்க்கொண்டே இருக்கிறார். (கவனிக்க : எனக்கு கஜினி முதல் பாதி ரொம்பப்பிடிக்கும். ரமணாவும் பிடித்திருந்தது. தீனாவில் நகைச்சுவைக்காட்சிகள் ரொம்பவே நன்றாக இருந்தது. அப்படி ஒன்றுமே துப்பாக்கியில் இல்லை. போதிதர்மர் படம் கூட துப்பாக்கியை விட பெட்டர். ஏதோ இரட்டை ஏஜண்ட் அது இதுன்னு உளறிக்கிட்டு சின்னக்குழந்தை லெவலுக்கு சீன்கள்).

மற்றபடி ஜெயராம் கொஞ்சம் ஸ்மைல் பண்ண வைத்தார். அது தவிர, கப்பலில் நடப்பதெல்லாம் பயங்கர நகைச்சுவை வகை!

முருகதாஸ் தமிழ்த்திரை வரலாற்றிலேயே 100 கோடி வசூல் தாண்டிய ரெண்டாம் படம்னு ட்வீட்டி இருக்காராம். (மற்றது எந்திரனா இருக்கும்).

ஹூம்!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:54 pm

BTW, it would have been no different had Surya / Vikram / Ajith / some familiar XYZ acted in thuppAkki, IMO.

It would have been as shiny , as stupid and as successful!

As much insult to people's intellect as dabAng - except that people don't seem to realize it - giving it rave reviews Shocked Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:25 am

App nice review that Laughing

Seems like paradesi's trailer is out. Some typical Bala moments here and there. Somehow zilch interest for this film. May be because of the displeasure caused by watching Avan Ivan or his choice of the MD or the uncharismatic keerO, don't know. Also songs are out, reviews anyone? :-)

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:40 am

Thanks Nerd for the trailer. Very nice and captivating. I watched almost all Bala films in theatre, except Nanda (yet to see that film, saw only few scenes).
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:08 am

Luckily I did not watch Avan Ivan on big screen Laughing

And seems like he chose GVP since he proved himself in another period kaaviyam, madarasapattinam lol! The truth is Bala does not even sit in the composing sessions, no matter who the composer is. But this subject and his vision (provided this is not another Avan Ivan) is a miss for us, Raaja fans. From, "With the grand music of Ilaiyaraaja" to this, seriously?? You too Bala :-(
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:40 am

Yes, Definitely this film will miss IR and we fans.

Nerd, Just listened to Paradesi soundtrack. Avatha paiyya and Or mirugam stands out, especially the latter, tuned in Subhapantuvarali, very nicely done. Vandana and Pragathi sang well respectively. Senneer thaana and Sengaade are very long to be focussed all the time, with bland tunes. IR touches are inevitable in the tune and the instruments in every song. But when IR uses tabla, it is dismissed as outdated, but if the same is used by these guys it is applauded as 'gorgeous percussion' (please read milliblog review). Definitely we cannot expect the orchestration we used to hear from IR, but he got that nativity/earthy factor quite well unlike the recent NenjukuLLE where I could not even sync the tune/lyrics and mood of the film with western style singing and orchestration. At-least he knows the right type of instruments to use for this kind of film and mood. In that way, I could at-least sense the mood, that's a plus (even though it would have been totally a different film when it comes to IR). Hoping he did it completely, that's the fear I always have. If so, I am happy, but only 2/5. Regarding shelf life, it should be listenable for quite some time, but I always feel even with lesser and underwhelming orchestration, they always tend to over do it in-terms of sweetness (may be the tune, husky singing?) which takes the interest in listening after sometime. Recent example is Aadukalam, I don't listen to it anymore.
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:58 am

[quote='plum']7. To score music for Bala's movies - you must have experienced life and all its myriad emotions, good bad and ugly emotions, This is where IR had an edge over the "ella pugazhum iraivanukke" positve MDs. Those MDs may be talented but what they lack is the wide perspective of life IR has through his extensive travel in Tamizhnadu and Keral during his youth and the extreme emotions he has seen his life. Infact, this is why his songs have seeped through Tamil culture. Others can only do the sweetness part because anyone with that level of music training can do sweer music. But Bala padangaLukku innum edge thEvai,. 26 year old GVP has hardly seen life to evoke that. What he can do is
a) Score general music under the category of "sogam", "kobam", "Veeram" etc. Some of this might even go by the emotion on screen if Bala captreus the generic shade of these emotions rather than a specific shade
[/quote]
Well said Plum!. cheers As you said, if someone is being judge-mental and making authoritative statements about USP of the movie, as if they know everything about films and music, that's what irks a lot.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:28 pm

athE fan club thalai's hoping the album is good, this year has been barren it seems. Shabbaaa..... Rolling Eyes
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:44 pm

plum wrote:
For example, take Raanuva Veeran, my generation's "Military Officer comes on holiday to hometown, fights "terrorists aka naxalites" and wipes them off the map" movie.
Poor movie, not much to take home and yet, see the warmth Rajini exudes with Chiranjeevi and makes thosee scenes come alive. ANd you guys will probably lose respect for me forever for saying this - that is one helluva romance he does with Sridevi in this particular movie. :ashamed:
Oh yeah, there is something attractively masculine about his wooing of Sri in this movie, and something fundamentally charming and rebelliously real about that relationship. And Rajini oozes that Military masculinity despite not doing anything to beef himself up for the role.
Never watched it back then. Bought VCD ten years ago. Now, it is one of those, "let's relax and have a few chuckle before we hit the bed" movies for wife and I after we put the small feller to bed. Romance, I think he was awesome in Pudhu Kavidhai, but the comedy with Sridevi totally works here.

What's your opinion (let's go back in time when we were in opposite camp) on EllAm Un KairAsi, one of the most terrible Rajini movies (that vettalai juice flowing from his mouth Twisted Evil ).
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:03 pm

After seeing the trailer of paradesi, i cannot but wonder how all the abstract imageries that make up essential part of a bala movie is
gone and compromised for a cookie cutter 'urukkamaana chiththiram' template. How much of this loss of abstractness that comes unique to the
persona of Bala will mar the music is left to be seen. Surely IR is not needed if Bala aims for a simple exploitation template - for there is nothing
that the written word will not convey in this case and hence GVP will simply suffice (ellorum azhuguraanga paaru inge shehnaiyum saarangiyum poattukkalaam, sippu sikkiranga so inga kottanguchi violin vaasee etc.,)

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Heard Paradesi songs. Mindla oru landscapeum form Aga mAttEngudhE Sad

Sad fall for Bala. I thought Avan Ivan was his worst. This comfortably beats A-I.

Avatha Paiya - cant place my finger but there is a definite reference to a specific Rahman song here. yArachum correctA kandupidichu sollungaLEn. en thalaivan Chennai boyA irundhukittu epdi proper themmangu Neranja Manasu-la pOttAn. Ivainga ellAm wannabe chennai boys with no rootedness. pinnE epdi rootedness varum songla?

Others - random usage of shehnai, ghatam, dholak, tabla etc.

Tamizh Popular music is going to dogs.
I know I am getting old but then the rest of the world is not - there is a reason why IR, MSV and ARR had near unanimous acceptance. We can safely say that the Tamil Music era has ended.
Not surprising - 3 seems to be the number for musical continuity: Bach, Beethoven, Mozart; Thyagarajar, Syam Sastri, Dheekshitar.

But the problem is iluppaippoos are still hailed at the same level as sakkarai just because someone has to fill pages in internet. How sad our world is!

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:22 pm

plum wrote:But the problem is iluppaippoos are still hailed at the same level as sakkarai just because someone has to fill pages in internet. How sad our world is!

cheers cheers

These are the kind of posts which we were denied of there.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Already starting to like this .. Kamal Rajini fight start aara varaikum nallaa irukkum ..
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:19 pm

rajini fans strength remba kammiya irukku... so that wont be fun either...

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:21 pm

count me in on rajini side in a kamal rajini fight.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:23 pm

Nerd wrote:Sri thollai has started promoting Kumki (Dec 14). No news on the NEP side. But Sam did tweet a couple of days ago saying the film is all set to be released on the 14th.

Hit aayE theeranum, for even a slightest chance of this combo to repeat. But no signs of that so far pale
high chances for a hit . samantha plus santhanam . That's enough . gpm commands an opening. Due to raja, it will attract an extra layer of mature audience .
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:28 pm

neengal dhaan vettukaththi hanzo enappadubavarO?

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:30 pm

jaiganesh wrote:neengal dhaan vettukaththi hanzo enappadubavarO?
:sigh: kasttam
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next