Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

+23
counterpoint
crvenky
FerociousBanger
Jose S
raagakann
SenthilVinu
irir123
jaiganesh
sundar.arzach
vss1902
Kr
IsaiRasigan
vigneshram
sudhakarg
irfan123
nanjilaan
kamalaakarsh
ravinat
BC
crimson king
Usha
mythila
app_engine
27 posters

Page 20 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  Usha Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:17 pm

from sagi twitter

Neenga mudiyuma

orchestra..  Dallas.. very nice........  
KIDS playing... super......

singer is tooo good.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SjfiaRlQw8&feature=emb_logo

Usha

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  Usha Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:20 pm

vaanile thenila...

super super super audio quality......  The Best one......  Valuable orchestration..... including the kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGDRYD7tHcU

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:29 pm

varudhu varudhu from Rajesh vaidhya

amarkalam... ragalai guitar... super.......

https://twitter.com/RajheshVaidhya/status/1279626055246999553

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:45 pm

"paatai matum dhan solla vendum.. " அப்படிதான் இருந்தது 90s early 2000s'. கேசட்டில் இருப்பதை copy செய்த பிறகு சொல்கிறேன்
லிங்க் போட்டுவிட்டு டவுன்லோட் செய்து கொள்ளலாம். நம்மவர்களுக்கு உல்லையே ஷேர் seithu கொள்ளலாம்.
சில நாட்கள் வைத்து லிங்க் டெலிட் செய்து விட வேண்டும். வேறு வழி இல்லை.

வெளியில் பரவ வாய்ப்பு இல்லை. pre-social media days.

கேசட்டை நண்பர்களிடம் பகிர்ந்து கொண்டது இல்லையா.  அது மாதிரி

good old days of tape1 to tape2 recording in panasonic double tape recorder Smile

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:57 am

Please count me in!

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:00 pm

sari irfan123... edhavadhu vazhi seidhu... pattai kaeka vazhi seinga... onnum avarasaram illai.......

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:20 pm

sangeetha megam...  from orchestra. only instruments...  azhaga seinju irukanga......  original bhavam.. disturb pannamal.. adhu
romba mukkiyam.........

quarantine..... avar avar idathil.... nalladhu ellam nanraga nadakiradhu..........

azhagana ondru..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fon8WgQ6DTc

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  panniapurathar Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:23 pm

irfan123 - Nandri sir about finding some way to share.

panniapurathar

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 - Page 20 Empty Unknown movie Oru Oorla

Post  BC Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:27 am

I watched the movie "Oru Oorla" (2014).  A FINE movie with a dark story.  Not a single frame was wasted; no fillers.  Fine performance from nearly all the cast; best of them being the lead actor and the little girl.  This movie is a choker.  The climax is finely shot.

What happened to that actor (Venkatesh) and director (K.S. Vasanthakumar)?  The director said it was based on a REAL incident involving someone he knew.  To me, he is Bala's next avatar.

This industry should be encouraging such raw talents and these are the ones that ought to be on top instead of junkie empty gas bags.  Here, everything is topsy-turvy, unfortunately.

I watched it on Tentkotta.  It is also available on Amazon Prime and YouTube.  Idiots on Tentkotta have rated it with 1/2 star!  The TissuePaper of India has rated it with 2.5 stars!  Oh, the horror!!  The reason mediocrity rules in Tamil/Indian cinema.  

I'd rate it nothing less than 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.

IR's background score takes that already-fine movie to a more gut-wrenching degree.  Each and every scene has a meaningful score.  The songs are very good, situational and have good repeat value.  The movie seems to have impressed him and that is why, IMHO, he was able to dole out such soulful music. 

IR is such a genuine person that he attended the audio launch of that movie, just for giving a fillip to the newbie director and to promote the movie.

1. Part of the audio launch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbqIUNdNww8 

2. Single Track launch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF2z_wuCE4U

3. Movie links on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvJ5ZNYHNEA  and  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJCuvWBefXI 

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  Kr Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:30 am

well said BC on Oru Oorla and IR,,,,I have not seen the movie but loved the songs...I also agree with your comment on IR being a genuine person and how he helps the new directors,,,,

Kr

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:10 pm

from subashree team......

subashree words about the song.... so sweet........

interludes.. Excellent arrangements.......

singers...... sweet voice......

lady singer.. andha siripu...excellent one..

Beats...   perfect one. Great.... including the soft touch......

2nd stanza... ba ba pa pa.... arambikum podhu.. beats....... andha style.. really Great.....   miga medhuvaga andha brushai padil vaithu
varum sound.. amazing.......(cement... tharai..  cement paal endru poosuvargal.. avargal dhan brushai ipadi softaga tharaiyil poduvargal.. adhai pola oru soft idhu...... feel panninen.)

oru showil ivarudaiya beats... niraiya raja songs.. parthu iruken... acharya pattu iruken. ipodhum andha acharyam dhan. Great Man....

youngsters......  paatu  pudhu vadivam..........
Raja sir... stage show ku ivaragalai ellam kootikalam.. unmaiyana thiramaiyana kalainyargal ivargal ellam....
indha minminiku kannil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN0Iujd_H1g

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:23 pm

fsrom kamalakarsh twitter for IR songs...

(app. unga thread.. counting tfm thread parthu irundhal.. therindhu kondu irupar......)

anal enna...
indha vennila paatil land agi irukar..

indha paatin flute, bass line endru azhagaga solli irukar..

https://twitter.com/kamalaakarsh/status/1281107471881441280

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:30 am

Kr wrote:well said BC on Oru Oorla and IR,,,,I have not seen the movie but loved the songs...I also agree with your comment on IR being a genuine person and how he helps the new directors

Thanks, Kr.  I watched the movie with the same awe with which I watched Pithaamagan.  So, I posted the links so others here could watch the movie.  Sad that such movies did not even make it to the B-list.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:33 am

Usha wrote:from subashree team......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN0Iujd_H1g

So far in that series, out of 112 episodes, 40 songs belong to IR!

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:16 pm

Crimson King quote :
"During 2005 Jaya TV show, they played Unna Vida, Ilangathu, Khajiraho and Enna Solli.  Why has he forgotten to introduce new songs in the set list now, this is basics of touring. "

IR is boxed as the King of 80's jukebox. This is not only the perception of general TFM lovers, but also a large number of loyal IR fans who cannot break out of the stranglehold of the early IR. My guess is, the show organizers would be using this aspect as a safe minimum guarantee and only permit here and there a 'porandhu vandhadhu' or 'ennulle ennulle' from the 90's. Raja also entered into the stage show arena after a long hiatus and may be that is why the 2005 show was an exception and included some popular, if not big hit numbers like 'enna ssolli', 'kaatril varum geethame', 'kajuraho'. Songs like 'unna vida', hey Ram were attributed due to Kamal's presence.

mythila

Usha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kr Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:26 pm

mythila wrote:Crimson King quote :
"During 2005 Jaya TV show, they played Unna Vida, Ilangathu, Khajiraho and Enna Solli.  Why has he forgotten to introduce new songs in the set list now, this is basics of touring. "

IR is boxed as the King of 80's jukebox. This is not only the perception of general TFM lovers, but also a large number of loyal IR fans who cannot break out of the stranglehold of the early IR. My guess is, the show organizers would be using this aspect as a safe minimum guarantee and only permit here and there a 'porandhu vandhadhu' or 'ennulle ennulle' from the 90's. Raja also entered into the stage show arena after a long hiatus and may be that is why the 2005 show was an exception and included some popular, if not big hit numbers like 'enna ssolli', 'kaatril varum geethame', 'kajuraho'. Songs like 'unna vida', hey Ram were attributed due to Kamal's presence.

Agree.  Yesterday I was listening to songs from Solla Marandha kathai - Had great songs.  Apart from the duets Gundu Malli and Edho, it had really melodious and emotional Amma endru by IR, breezy Kathula, and a really innovative Chakkamma (jakkama) song by IR.  In that jakkamma song, IR sings in 6 different voices and uses them to harmonize the song.  Wildly innovative song

Kr

Usha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:32 am

Kr wrote:

Agree.  Yesterday I was listening to songs from Solla Marandha kathai - Had great songs.  Apart from the duets Gundu Malli and Edho, it had really melodious and emotional Amma endru by IR, breezy Kathula, and a really innovative Chakkamma (jakkama) song by IR.  In that jakkamma song, IR sings in 6 different voices and uses them to harmonize the song.  Wildly innovative song

That "IR ruled 80s" is a LIE spun widely, after the advent of the Internet and it stuck to the minds of "those" people (including many self-proclaimed IR fanatics).  The likes of Bharadwaj Rangan will take some credit for the same.  They conveniently and intentionally disregard the fact that he churned out great quality music in the 1970s, 1990s and post-millennium by the quantity.  Too many songs of those periods remain unexplored on YouTube, with just few views and likes.

Regarding IR over-repeating his 80s songs in the concerts, it has more to do with the business of selling tickets and the audience "mind set" which I just mentioned above.  They are petrified to lose the money in case there is only going to be a post-90s and post-2K songs of IR with a few songs from 80s inserted for the sake of nostalgia.  Moreover, that nostalgia factor and the audience age-group also matter for the business / organizers.  Maybe, IR is ill-advised too.  There are many more reasons, if one digs deeper.

Even in the 2016 IR-1000 event organized by Vijay TV, the sponsors were local (Tamilnadu) business firms.  If it were someone else, there will be big names sponsoring those concerts.  Sadly, this is the status quo. 

In some concert in Tamilnadu last year (2019), I think, for the first time, IR sang "Kaattu vazhi kaalnadayaa" from Adhu Oru Kanaa Kaalam movie and an Usha Uthup song.  The crowd went silent and started "chit chatting" as if they have no connection between the concert and themselves!  Many will take snack break & restroom-break during such songs! 

And when it goes like "Ilaya nila pozhigiradhe" or "Kaattu kuyilu", there will be roaring applause!!!  Even better, if these concerts have SPB, because the audience can NEVER think beyond songs & those stellar voices and many even think it is the likes of SPB & SJ that made IR who he is!  

Audience ippadi irundhaal eppadi?!  Just like masala movies churning crores at the box-office, it is the audience who decide eventually.  I remember how people chose to shun Guna over Thalapathi in 1991 and in 2000, Hey Ram over Mugavari .

IR has a ton of great, soulful songs post-1990 till date (in 5 languages).  I wish he does exclusive concerts for those songs.  And even better would be special concerts for his Background Scores.  But WHO and how many will buy tickets to such concerts is a billion-dollar question.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:09 am

BC wrote:
Kr wrote:

That "IR ruled 80s" is a LIE spun widely, after the advent of the Internet and it stuck to the minds of "those" people (including many self-proclaimed IR fanatics).  The likes of Bharadwaj Rangan will take some credit for the same.  They conveniently and intentionally disregard the fact that he churned out great quality music in the 1970s, 1990s and post-millennium by the quantity.  Too many songs of those periods remain unexplored on YouTube, with just few views and likes.

Regarding IR over-repeating his 80s songs in the concerts, it has more to do with the business of selling tickets and the audience "mind set" which I just mentioned above.  They are petrified to lose the money in case there is only going to be a post-90s and post-2K songs of IR with a few songs from 80s inserted for the sake of nostalgia.  Moreover, that nostalgia factor and the audience age-group also matter for the business / organizers.  Maybe, IR is ill-advised too.  There are many more reasons, if one digs deeper.

Even in the 2016 IR-1000 event organized by Vijay TV, the sponsors were local (Tamilnadu) business firms.  If it were someone else, there will be big names sponsoring those concerts.  Sadly, this is the status quo. 

In some concert in Tamilnadu last year (2019), I think, for the first time, IR sang "Kaattu vazhi kaalnadayaa" from Adhu Oru Kanaa Kaalam movie and an Usha Uthup song.  The crowd went silent and started "chit chatting" as if they have no connection between the concert and themselves!  Many will take snack break & restroom-break during such songs! 

And when it goes like "Ilaya nila pozhigiradhe" or "Kaattu kuyilu", there will be roaring applause!!!  Even better, if these concerts have SPB, because the audience can NEVER think beyond songs & those stellar voices and many even think it is the likes of SPB & SJ that made IR who he is!  

Audience ippadi irundhaal eppadi?!  Just like masala movies churning crores at the box-office, it is the audience who decide eventually.  I remember how people chose to shun Guna over Thalapathi in 1991 and in 2000, Hey Ram over Mugavari .

IR has a ton of great, soulful songs post-1990 till date (in 5 languages).  I wish he does exclusive concerts for those songs.  And even better would be special concerts for his Background Scores.  But WHO and how many will buy tickets to such concerts is a billion-dollar question.

That is sad to hear.  We can complain about the sponsors, the critics but what do we do about the fans' mindset.  On similar lines, I remember I got my mum turned onto the NEPV songs.  When she posted on FB that the film's music is superb, her friends were writing, "Yeah, IR, classic songs, Pani Vizhum Malarvanam"!!!  It's a lost cause. 

I don't mind the audience roaring if SPB or Yesu perform songs because they are stars in their own right.  And sometimes Mano's renditions do come off a little lame.  But the lack of interest in post 80s work sucks bigtime.  I mean, if you just stuck to SPB, why not do songs like Iniya Gaanam or Vazhi Vidu Vazhi Vidu again?  They are as good as anything he used to do in the 80s. 

@thumru:  Right, I guess the only reason IR included a lot of 90s and 00s material in the 2005 show was he was coming back after a long time.  Unna Vida HAS been canonised for whatever reason, also Ilangathu.  Almost nothing else from his entire noughties material.  Again, NEPV got Filmfare nomination and if IR himself doesn't perform even Ennodu Vaa Vaa in concerts and sticks to just Om Sivahom, what can be done. That is, even when his new material gets popular, he himself doesn't promote it later on in live shows and afterwards out of sight is out of mind.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:45 pm

from sean Roldan... about IR.......

manushanuku music.. Raja.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtT729xnyqk&feature=emb_logo

Last edited by Usha on Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:46 pm

t

Last edited by irfan123 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:49 pm

[quote="irfan123"]

Last edited by Usha on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:54 pm

டிராப்பாக்ஸ் english word replace seithu kolavum..

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:04 pm

irfan123 wrote:..

Last edited by Usha on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:07 pm

aamam.. download seithu keakavum..

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:29 pm

padum vanambodi from Rajesh vaidhya

soulful one........

https://twitter.com/RajheshVaidhya/status/1281437995002888194

uttalakadi

guitar effect.... padara madhirii style........ so sweet.......

https://twitter.com/RajheshVaidhya/status/1280350829724262400

pudhiya poovidhu

https://twitter.com/RajheshVaidhya/status/1282162770943844353

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next