Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

+23
counterpoint
crvenky
FerociousBanger
Jose S
raagakann
SenthilVinu
irir123
jaiganesh
sundar.arzach
vss1902
Kr
IsaiRasigan
vigneshram
sudhakarg
irfan123
nanjilaan
kamalaakarsh
ravinat
BC
crimson king
Usha
mythila
app_engine
27 posters

Page 17 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 - Page 17 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  Usha Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:39 pm

from Embaar kannan violin duo

pongathave thaazh thiravai..... Great....... kashtamana paatu.. arumaiyaga seidhu irukirargal.......

arumaiyana muyarchi... azhagana result........

Neerotam.. portion ... pitch .. konjam keezhaga irupadhu pola oru feelings.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skzvTim_4_0

Usha

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 - Page 17 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  Usha Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:12 pm

Ila nenje vaa song from Subashree Team...

nalla varnanai from Subashree......

niraiya time achu........ yes.. romba kashtamana paatu dhan.....

romba nallla performance from all.......... idhu sadharana vaarthai.....

romba romba romba arumaiyana performance from ALL...

epodhum ninaipadhu dhan....

youngsters....... sincere aga IR song.. try panni.. padi........ paatu.. azhagagiradhu.... old agavilai.. vaazhgiradhu.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xetl0KOp3Y

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:50 am

Usha wrote:from Embaar kannan violin duo

pongathave thaazh thiravai.....  Great....... kashtamana paatu.. arumaiyaga seidhu irukirargal.......

Thank you for all those regular entries here.

LOVE all those, played by Embar Kannan.  One of the greatest Violinists.  His student, Rangapriya looks like a budding artist.  

Here is another one (Telugu evergreen smash-hit Jallantha Thullintha / Aathaadi ammaadi from Gitanjali / Idhayathai Thirudaathe) by Rangapriya and flutist Lalit:  

To me, this song is female romance + rain ANTHEM.

BC

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 - Page 17 Empty Rasave unnai vida maattEn song by Subashree Team

Post  mythila Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:08 pm

Bored of hearing a generic comment like 
super melody, super.very nice singing by S.Janaki' etal, Subhashree's nuanced observation about the song "Rasave unnai vida maatten was quite refreshing. Coming to the song, it is already up there among my favourite Raja S.Janaki combo list. The team has overall given us a neat, enjoyable performance.

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:22 pm

pani vizhum malar vanam from Shriram Studios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05OQRtE1Ftc

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:51 pm

endendrum anadhame from Subashree team...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE2Q4dsh9Z8

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:30 pm

Rajavuku... birthday dedication

sondha kavidhai.. sila varigal.....

tune.. singing.. ellam nanraga iruku........

padavaranga kural romba nalla iruku......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGMgBHdVg5Q&feature=emb_logo

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:30 am

Music director Sirpi talking about IR:

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:35 pm

from senthilvinu....

12 songs's beginnings......

coimputhoor mozhiyil....... nalladhan iruku..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FesNZSruJ8

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:12 pm

ennule ennule from subashree team.....

voice mixing... chorus.. all are great...
singer... nalla padi irukanga.......
Great......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZAoehJEkdI

Usha

mythila likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:53 pm

kattu kuyil pattu from Rajesh vaidhya....

Guitar effect udan interludes..... Rajesh vaidhya's Special....... rasikalam......

https://twitter.com/RajheshVaidhya/status/1272740685620236290

Usha

mythila likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:10 pm

B Kannan passed away Sad

He did cinematography for many BR films (nizhalgaL onwards). 

Son of Bheem singh (pAsa malar director) and brother of B Lenin, famous editor.

This article says IR introduced him to BR:
https://cinema.vikatan.com/tamil-cinema/bharathirajas-favorite-cinematographer-b-kannan-is-no-more

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:40 am

BC wrote:Music director Sirpi talking about IR:

Watched the first part of Sirpi's interview today and it was kind of shocking!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqOzUNVTaas

He came from a village near Oddan chatram (a recording center in this town got featured in one of my IR-SPB series on the hub) and wanted to become a playback singer, started frequently visiting IR's studio (while doing accounting job in a couple of stores to make a living).

Though he NEVER got a chance to meet IR, he befriended GKV and many others, even impressing them with his tune-making skills which he claims eventually led to a remarkable achievement.

THAT OF RECORDING A COMPLETE SONG - USING IR's TEAM (Puru, Sundarrajan, Govardhanam, GKV et al) in the same studio - on a full moon day when IR wasn't using it as he was regularly on his spiritual visit.
Shocked

I could not believe it.  

Apparently this was funded by Motherland Pictures Kovaithambi (when he had misunderstanding with IR, possibly for recommending MR for finishing up idhayakkOyil that went over the budget or something like that, in 1986).

ராசா கூட இருந்தவர்களாலேயே வளர்த்து விடப்பட்டவர் தான் இந்த சிற்பி.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:18 pm

adho mega oorvalam from Rajesh vaidhya......... lovely playing... andha sweetness of the veena.... ivarudiaya special...

https://twitter.com/RajheshVaidhya/status/1273103072890433536

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:21 am

app_engine wrote:

THAT OF RECORDING A COMPLETE SONG - USING IR's TEAM (Puru, Sundarrajan, Govardhanam, GKV et al) in the same studio - on a full moon day when IR wasn't using it as he was regularly on his spiritual visit.
Shocked

Apparently this was funded by Motherland Pictures Kovaithambi (when he had misunderstanding with IR, possibly for recommending MR for finishing up idhayakkOyil that went over the budget or something like that, in 1986).

ராசா கூட இருந்தவர்களாலேயே வளர்த்து விடப்பட்டவர் தான் இந்த சிற்பி.

I also do find those things very unsettling!  But, IR is someone who has seen such "betrayals" all through his career, and till date.  

I wonder if "they" told him about it at least AFTER he came back from his Thiruvannaamalai visit!!  

Definitely, IR has had so many (uncountable) number of "Et tu, Brute?!" moments in his life, that he prefers to stay aloof.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:39 am

BC wrote:
I wonder if "they" told him about it at least AFTER he came back from his Thiruvannaamalai visit!!  

Probably not - but even if they had told, he wouldn't have cared.

I see the whole thing in a different way - even though initially I got shocked thinking that Sirpi was using IR's "company" (equating it to a software development center) to build his own product Smile

My current understanding is that the TFM industry worked that way during IR's time. For that matter, IR himself was a product of similar freedom - when he could play instruments for MSV, S-G, GKV and such MD's while also nurturing his own ambitions / education / efforts to get a chance etc.

So, he wouldn't have cared if a few other aspirants hang around his workplace. In other words, the whole TFM industry wouldn't care, there was freedom and opportunities for everyone!

Actually it was a good thing - as it gave opportunities to many and provided a healthy flow of youngsters coming in with dreams. The only catch is despite all this wonderful environment, people trying to paint IR in a bad light (such stupid comments as "never encouraged youngsters", "had a monopoly", "grabbed others' chances" etc) - all untrue, if we go by the way he gave freedom to his team members (effectively letting them perform as freelancers) and also allowing youngsters to do "Ekalaivan" stuff right under his nose Smile

Besides, IR never had time for any kind of politics - he was busy composing & learning music + living with and for music - in his own world!

Last edited by app_engine on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:47 am

On an unrelated note, a HUGE loss for all IR fans.

Two YouTube channels playing IR music, have been PURGED from World Wide Web's memory in a matter of a week's time: 

1. Balpalaki - whose channel had a LOT of IR songs (though it had some amount of other music directors' songs from the 80's & 90's too.).  It was the first to go last week, just like that.  I thought of informing and warning Navin Mozart on his YouTube video of Greatest Gen Z scores video sometime this week, to take care of his collection.  But, alas, that also came crashing down too soon.

2. Navin Mozart - The ONLY resort for IR Background Scores.  Sometime yesterday night, I wanted to play those new scores and poof, it was gone! Sad

Apparently the message was "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by TrendLoud Music."

The name sounded pretty familiar, and ta da, it was the same company whose logo appears in IR Official Channel on YouTube (probably, managing that channel)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVlWr_LN9y80smEMr0KTBOA

The million dollar question is WHO IS / are the NEXT victim / victims?

Is there anything we can do about it?  Please let me know; any IR fan will be willing to pitch in.  If someone knows either of those two people, you could discuss on how to revive those precious channels back?

Things are not being managed well in that channel.  They are neither uploading all the songs nor letting others do it.  https://trendloud.com/our-team.html  Bunch of shady characters, there.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:11 am

app_engine wrote:
BC wrote:

Probably not - but even if they had told, he wouldn't have cared.

I see the whole thing in a different way - even though initially I got shocked thinking that Sirpi was using IR's "company" (equating it to a software development center) to build his own product Smile

My current understanding is that the TFM industry worked that way during IR's time. For that matter, IR himself was a product of similar freedom - when he could play instruments for MSV, S-G, GKV and such MD's while also nurturing his own ambitions / education / efforts to get a chance etc.

So, he wouldn't have cared if a few other aspirants hang around his workplace. In other words, the whole TFM industry wouldn't care, there was freedom and opportunities for everyone!

Actually it was a good thing - as it gave opportunities to many and provided a healthy flow of youngsters coming in with dreams. The only catch is despite all this wonderful environment, people trying to paint IR in a bad light (such stupid comments as "never encouraged youngsters", "had a monopoly", "grabbed others' chances" etc) - all untrue, if we go by the way he gave freedom to his team members (effectively letting them perform as freelancers) and also allowing youngsters to do "Ekalaivan" stuff right under his nose Smile

Besides, IR never had time for any kind of politics - he was busy composing & learning music + living with and for music - in his own world!

My qualm is not about anybody using it.  It is about doing it in someone's (like IR) absence, hush hush.  Other than that, I don't care who composed their movies where.

I just posted that Sirpi video for how much other music directors look at and revere IR and his music.

app_engine, I have created a new "topic" thread on the recent event of 2 YT channels missing.  Kindly do the needful (not meaning to sound like an official letter!).

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:44 pm

BC wrote:
app_engine, I have created a new "topic" thread on the recent event of 2 YT channels missing.  Kindly do the needful (not meaning to sound like an official letter!).

Sad

I used to frequent those YT channels and enjoy the offerings as well. Unfortunately, if IR's managers approved that company to manage his resources, it will involve legalities and I'm not sure what fans can do about it (other than sending some letters and comments).

This is not something new - IR & his managers have a long track record of picking the not-so-great fellows to manage his resources.

That probably did NOT result in getting him results (means, proper royalties) while royally messing up the marketing & end customer experience Sad

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:47 pm

from Subashree team...

Nenjae gurunadhan song from Mohamul

paatai patri varnanai..... yes.. Feelings dhan Raja...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOiCsYoRFy4

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  FerociousBanger Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:34 pm

app_engine wrote:
BC wrote:

Sad

I used to frequent those YT channels and enjoy the offerings as well. Unfortunately, if IR's managers approved that company to manage his resources, it will involve legalities and I'm not sure what fans can do about it (other than sending some letters and comments).

This is not something new - IR & his managers have a long track record of picking the not-so-great fellows to manage his resources.

That probably did NOT result in getting him results (means, proper royalties) while royally messing up the marketing & end customer experience Sad
Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 - Page 17 EauShCkU8Ac4HHQ?format=jpg&name=large

FerociousBanger

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:56 am

app_engine wrote:

That is why I said that the company & its team look like a bunch of "shady" characters.

I think IR is the kind of chef who cooks all the items in the menu, puts in his hard work, brain, love and passion into cooking them all, and then leaves the kitchen, having outsourced all the "business" part of the restaurant logistics to others.  I don't think IR even does the part of "picking the not-so-great fellows".  Everything is "managed" by someone close to him, probably KR & co.

So, from the screen-shot by another new member here, those sharks not only purged those channels but they also took Navin Mozart's videos for uploading the same content with just "few" namesake changes on the official channel!

The official channel folks are doing stuff for naam ke vaasthe.  They are up there for 4+ years now.  But all they have uploaded is nothing compared to what IR fans have done. They are NOT those passionate kind of IR fans; just some money-minded junkies.  That is the saddest and unpalatable part.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:46 am

Grossly unethical, what they have done.  I noticed immediately in the 'Official' Mouna Raagam BGM upload that the Mohan Theme was coming right after the title score which is how Navin had sequenced it and which is NOT how it appears in the film.  I hope remaining channels - not even gonna name them, what if somebody spies these threads and gets more nuclear assault ideas - survive for sometime for IR fans to enjoy.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:55 am

BC wrote:
app_engine wrote:

That is why I said that the company & its team look like a bunch of "shady" characters.

I think IR is the kind of chef who cooks all the items in the menu, puts in his hard work, brain, love and passion into cooking them all, and then leaves the kitchen, having outsourced all the "business" part of the restaurant logistics to others.  I don't think IR even does the part of "picking the not-so-great fellows".  Everything is "managed" by someone close to him, probably KR & co.

So, from the screen-shot by another new member here, those sharks not only purged those channels but they also took Navin Mozart's videos for uploading the same content with just "few" namesake changes on the official channel!

The official channel folks are doing stuff for naam ke vaasthe.  They are up there for 4+ years now.  But all they have uploaded is nothing compared to what IR fans have done. They are NOT those passionate kind of IR fans; just some money-minded junkies.  That is the saddest and unpalatable part.
"Naam ke vaste" - do you live North side/Bombay?  Some people get offended if you call Bombay as North.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  FerociousBanger Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:58 am

Can y'all make it known on Twitter about this thievery? Not that it's going to he hugely helpful, but something. This stinks.

Also, maybe some YouTube comments will somewhat help people know about this?

FerociousBanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next