Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham.

+21
Raaga_Suresh
balachidambaram
groucho070
MumbaiRamki
rajkumarc
mythila
SenthilVinu
Sakalakala Vallavar
jaiganesh
kameshratnam
kamalaakarsh
kiru
skr
sagi
Bala (Karthik)
plum
V_S
app_engine
kv
Admin
25 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham. - Page 4 Empty Re: Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham.

Post  app_engine Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Admin wrote: the record of continuously working with IR.

I believe there's an error in that part (pointed out by someone somewhere in the web...may be BM's blog).

sandhyA rAgam, a movie that came in 1989, i.e. much after the "kai kOrppu of BM-IR", had LV doing music and not IR.

After the two initial movies of BM - kOkilA & azhiyAdha kOlangaL - didn't have IR, there had been otherwise consistent partnership between the two!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham. - Page 4 Empty Re: Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham.

Post  app_engine Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:08 pm

This one is perhaps the most hilarious NEPV album review I've seen on the web (link from NEPV wiki page):

http://movieblackbox.com/neethane-en-ponvasantham-music-review

Saayndhu Saayndhu by Yuvan Shankar Raja and Ramya NSK is all about the love between the Hero and Heroine. Yuvan’s voice makes this song an awesome one to hear. He should be a full time singer not a composer. The most attracted part of the song is both the 1st and 2nd interlude Raja as usual used his Strings and keyboard knowledge to take the song to the next best level.

adappAvikaLA Shocked

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:40 am

app_engine wrote:
I believe there's an error in that part (pointed out by someone somewhere in the web...may be BM's blog).

sandhyA rAgam, a movie that came in 1989, i.e. much after the "kai kOrppu of BM-IR", had LV doing music and not IR.

After the two initial movies of BM - kOkilA & azhiyAdha kOlangaL - didn't have IR, there had been otherwise consistent partnership between the two!
Oh yes, forgot the first two films. Thanks.

Admin
Admin

https://ilayaraja.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:26 pm

app_engine wrote:This one is perhaps the most hilarious NEPV album review I've seen on the web (link from NEPV wiki page):

http://movieblackbox.com/neethane-en-ponvasantham-music-review

Saayndhu Saayndhu by Yuvan Shankar Raja and Ramya NSK is all about the love between the Hero and Heroine. Yuvan’s voice makes this song an awesome one to hear. He should be a full time singer not a composer. The most attracted part of the song is both the 1st and 2nd interlude Raja as usual used his Strings and keyboard knowledge to take the song to the next best level.

adappAvikaLA Shocked

Laughing

App, with all the off-tune singing, its still nice! Vera yaaraachum ippadi Abaswaram la paadinaa sahikkaathu! He is அபஸ்வரம் யுவன்ஜீ!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:22 pm

Can't believe hindu paper has this kind of quiz :

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/cinema-quiz/article4130110.ece

Laughing

5. Yeto Vellipoyindi Manasu is the Telugu version of which Gautham Vasudev Menon flick?
5. Neethane En Ponvasantham.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:29 am

Where is the FM Radio post i made in this thread??
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:08 pm

What's the FM radio post? Plis to repost.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Ogay! let me re post it, but wonder where it went!

Udayanithi stalin posted in twitter saying his neerparavai is staying top in FM channel, and posted a screenshot

Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham. - Page 4 A8oYEOYCMAA3oJG

So according to this, Saaindhu saaindhu is still played in good numbers in FM, 59 times last week!

Also, someone try to access this aircheckindia.com via IE, i dont have windows. We may get to know the IR songs played most in Fm channels. This site shud be a good proof that Raja dominates FM channels!!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Aircheck is a paid site I think and you would need to login to access this report. That's how rentrak works also for tracking collections overseas.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Eventhough Saainthu is on Top 10, Kumki/AKS being above it aint good.

Koogil - Movie just released so understandable

Para Para - Movie releasing this week so OK

Poda Podi - Movie just released

Kumki/AKS -

Pizza - Hit film.

So seems like Kumki is a bigger hit than NEPV after all, among the fublic. Also I am not sure if all Chennai FM stations report to Aircheck. And also closer to the film's release data NEPV will top the charts for sure. It must have topped when the music released.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:31 pm

I guess this list is mostly about new releases. I think if we calculate the oldies, means, songs which are atleast 5 years old. And the night time Raja songs, we may need to see that to know which songs are played the most. If someone can login and see, it wud be nice Smile

And kodumai to tha core is Go daa Go dee kind of crapload making to top 10. Thats an all time sin Mad
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Office pORachE car-la FM Odum. Mostly Kumki only top, and has been steady ever since release. NEPV appaPPo dhAn.matha padam ellAm release appO top and then down.

Kumki seems a big hit - and for once, I feel good. Pretty good effort from Imman, and more importantly, it is RAJAESQUE, though I didnt expect Rajaesque from Imman, of all people.

Aiyayyo is structured exactly like "ival oru ilanguruvi". idhai nAn andha forumla irundhappOvE sonnEn and later, even Baradwaj Rangan identified the same. But the beauty is Imman has adapted the template and created a new song very well, well in line with current taste.
If people want to get inspired, this is how I would like them to get inspired.

maththabadi, most recent hits (I mean the non mainstream ones - non gvp non HJ) - like Nerd highlighted, opening ellAm nallA irukku AnA phinishing sari illayeppA ( I mean the Santosh Narayanans etc).

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:33 pm

more than finishing - it is the aping the american pop idiom be it in voice or use of guitar strumming - that really puts me ill at ease.
avinga andha maadhiri podradhukku oru reason irukku - namma aalunga panninaa wannabe dhaan.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  SenthilVinu Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:14 pm

jaiganesh wrote:more than finishing - it is the aping the american pop idiom be it in voice or use of guitar strumming - that really puts me ill at ease.
avinga andha maadhiri podradhukku oru reason irukku - namma aalunga panninaa wannabe dhaan.

+1

SenthilVinu

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Yes, this pop and rock culture especially in the main tune and singing, in indian film music should be gone, it sort of hides the creativity of any music director and they conveniently ride behind it and escaping all the time.
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Yes, this pop and rock culture especially in the main tune and singing, in indian film music should be gone, it sort of hides the creativity of any music director and they conveniently ride behind it and escaping all the time.Smile
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham. - Page 4 Empty My video analysis of the song "Sattru Munbu"

Post  SenthilVinu Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:26 pm

My video analysis of the song "Sattru Munbu" from NEPV. As usual Raja walks on the knife like a skilled rope(knife) walker and juggles different emotions like an expert juggler. And just to top it off, throws in some magic like an expert magician.

First time I did in one take and without any edits. I have to honestly say, of all the video blogs I have done, I connected with this song and could "feel" the instruments without thinking about the timings and meaning. Now I could really see how real conductors feel when they conduct a symphony! My...my...rips into the soul.

There are some mistakes but I let it pass because the emotional quotient was much truer & honest.

Let me know your thoughts. Feedbacks much appreciated.

PS: Yes Kiru, it is more like condu-acting than conducting Smile But I going along with it to connect with lay audience. And my knowledge of conducting anyway is zero!

SenthilVinu

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:35 am

Senthil,
Fantastic effort! cheers Your description for each phrase is excellent. Should have taken a lot of time preparing for this. Very well done!
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  SenthilVinu Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Thanks V_S!

Yes, this one took my time. Like raja says "Mind may concieve quicker but still takes time to execute"

There are so many layers in this song, I didn't bother to capture them all, almost impossible in this video format. So concentrated on the surface layer.

Senthil

SenthilVinu

Back to top Go down

Post  SenthilVinu Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:32 am

Came across this while doing basic research on conducting music. Pretty funny and interesting. I wonder how a great conductor who understands music will conduct/interpret Raja's music in the future!

Second one Masterclass by Leonard Bernstein. Very illuminating.

SenthilVinu

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Whole weekend and this morning drive had 'kARRaikkonjam niRakchchonnEn' repeat in the car Smile

All thru, my mind was interspersing 'aruNa kiraNa' Shocked

Someone possibly mentioned this before in one of the posts but I didn't notice...So, it was a like a revelation to me that both these songs follow the sandham or thALam or meter or time signature or something in common and suddenly both started playing in my mind together and it was such a wonderful harmonious combo!

For example, in the saraNam, when the singer renders the first line ("nEril pArththuppEsum kAdhal ooril uNdu ErALam") it's followed by the sax doing 1-2-3, 1-2-3-4' and my mind was playing that grand string section of the same timing in 'aruNa kiraNa' (chan-chan-cha, chan-chan-chan-chan) and it was immediate goose pimples!

Now, I would say 'kARRaikkonjam' is a "light" version of aruNa kiraNa (in the sense, more accessible to bathroom singers)!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  SenthilVinu Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:12 pm

Spot on App_Engine! I did just bit dejavu feeling listening to this song. This explains it. It may be light version but I have been trying to breakdown the song three times and gave up Smile That is how "light" raja songs are! May be I will give one more try now given this info.

SenthilVinu

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Strictly for fun :
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2012/12/16/milliblog-annual-music-round-up-2012/

Rates NEPV #1, kadal #2...

Also rates 'ennOdu vA vA' as #1 for the year...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:28 pm

நான் முன்னெப்போதோ சொல்லியிருப்பது போல, சில சமயம் தனித்து வண்டி ஓட்டும் போது கூடவே பாடும் (கிறுக்குத்தனமான) பழக்கம் உண்டு. Embarassed

அதிலும் கொஞ்சம் குஷி மூடில் இருந்தால், சிதம்பரம் ஜெயராமன் மிமிக்ரி குரலில் அந்தக்கொடுமை நடக்கும். (கண்டிப்பாக மனதுக்கு நெருங்கிய பாடல்கள் மட்டுமே இப்படித் தண்டிக்கப்படும் என்பது ஒரு முக்கியமான விஷயம்).

ஆனால், இன்று காலை அப்படி ஒரு முயற்சி நடந்தபோது, மனதில் பட்ட ஒரு அரிய உண்மையை இங்கே சொல்லியே ஆக வேண்டும்.

அதாவது, 'சற்று முன்பு' பாடலை, கண்டிப்பாக கமலஹாசன் குரலை மனதில் கொண்டு ராசா உருவாக்கி இருக்க வேண்டும். Idea

(அவரை மிமிக்ரி செய்து கூடப்பாடினால் அவ்வளவு பொருத்தமாக இருப்பதாக எனக்குப்பட்டதால் சொல்கிறேன்!) Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  SenthilVinu Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:40 am

app_engine wrote:

அதாவது, 'சற்று முன்பு' பாடலை, கண்டிப்பாக கமலஹாசன் குரலை மனதில் கொண்டு ராசா உருவாக்கி இருக்க வேண்டும். Idea

You are right. Raja envisioned high pitched singing. Ninaivo Oru Paravai type. Some of my western friends who heard the song remarked it as Adele type song. Another song that comes to mind because of the film situation is "Kaatril enthan geetham" from Jhonny.

SenthilVinu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next