Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham.

+21
Raaga_Suresh
balachidambaram
groucho070
MumbaiRamki
rajkumarc
mythila
SenthilVinu
Sakalakala Vallavar
jaiganesh
kameshratnam
kamalaakarsh
kiru
skr
sagi
Bala (Karthik)
plum
V_S
app_engine
kv
Admin
25 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham. - Page 10 Empty Re: Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham.

Post  V_S Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Thank you very much grouch for your wonderful comments. Very Happy Sorry to have lost on you on art movements. Embarassed I gave a little overview on each art movements before making the analogies, may be that is not enough, I think. Art has a very interesting and rich history, if you get a chance, please read it.

Back to top Go down

Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham. - Page 10 Empty Re: Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham.

Post  app_engine Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:14 pm

I've posted about Sureshji in a couple of posts on this thread, w.r.t. "hit analysis" of NEPV:

VERY APPRECIATIVE HC fans...this is an exclusive group of extremely musically qualified people - like Sureshji & V_Sji - who can spot the difference, new ideas by IR, the extra-special things that are not immediately appreciated by ordinary music listeners like me.
and

Cat 1 - how can an IR song be bad, there has to be some azhagiyal - always positively judging based on musical knowledge (e.g. Sureshji / V_Sji / Jaiganesh)

Now, look at what Suka has earlier posted in solvanam about Sureshji (who represents Cat 1) :
Suka wrote:
இளையராஜாவின் பாடல்களில், இளையராஜாவுக்கே பிடிக்காத பாடல்களைக் கூட சுமார் என்று நண்பர் சுரேஷ் சொல்லி நான் கேட்டதில்லை. ‘புதுசா ஒரு கன்னடப் படத்துக்கு ராஜா மியூஸிக் போட்டிருக்காரு, ஸார்’.

‘எப்பிடி இருக்கு, ஸார்?’

‘ஆங், என் வைஃப்பை ஒரு பத்து பதினஞ்சு வாட்டி கேக்கச் சொன்னென். ரொம்ப நல்லா இருக்குன்னு சொன்னா’.

முகம் தெரியாத அந்த சகோதரியை நினைத்து நான் கவலை கொள்வேன்.

lol!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:35 am

Gautam ladAi with NEPV producer

The two had entered into an agreement to do a film starring Simbu, but Simbu opted out and hence the mutual choice was Jiiva. The choice of a senior technician also for NEP had irked Elred, revealed Gautham.

"The same technician added value in terms of sale rights much higher than the makers could have expected. During the felicitation of the technician, Elred came up on stage and spoke as well. But he has said to me and others that it was this very choice that he holds against me and wants me to pay for. Would anyone consider that a 'mistake'?"

Gautham ended the letter with a plea — "Please assist me and free me from the harassment of Elred."

When TOI tried to contact Elred Kumar, he was unavailable for comment.
Senior Technician = IR Shocked

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:23 am

app,

For some reason missed this thread earlier.

The whole conversation is Suka's imagination but reads well Smile He has asked me about 'Bagyadha Balegara' saying that his friend had said it was a bad album. I had replied saying that is how it would sound at first but it is a very good album which I listen to often. He has modified it a bit here. (BTW, my wife doesn't like that album much Smile )

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:24 am

app,

Yes. The senior technician is definitely Raja. There was a discussion on twitter about this.

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:54 pm

Raaga_Suresh wrote:senior technician

படுபாவிகள், "இளைய" ராஜாவை இப்படி senior citizen ஆக்கிப்புட்டாங்களே! Smile

BTW Sureshji, did you get a chance to read all those "categorizations" in my series of posts? Laughing

When you have a few minutes, please indulge to read some quirky stuff there Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:16 am

app,

Thanks. I did see the post now. Ofcourse categorization is difficult. I agree with what you wrote Smile Ofcourse we can also add some anti-Raja categories as well Smile

BTW, I call myself, Rajasaranam, V_S,Jai and Hulk (of our earlier forum) as belonging to the CSR category. CSR stands for C S Ramaswamy, Usha Akka's brother, a person who wrote a lot about WCM and a great Raja fan. He once made a statement: "For me there are only two kinds of Raja songs. One which you like and one which you haven't heard" Smile After a lot of listening to Raja's late 90 songs, I can say that I now firmly fall in this category.

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:51 pm

For the attention of Sureshji , V_Sji & jaiganesh :

http://www.crankscorner.com/2013/03/28/a-diy-maestro-fan-guide/

Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham. - Page 10 3325497835

BTW, because of reading this article I'm forced to listen to the 'thandhu vittEn ennai' soundtrack, for the first time Embarassed

(I'm obviously disqualified per this criteria...so, over to CAT 1 fans to worry about this funny blog post)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:51 pm

a_e saar. by definition, we cat 1 fans dont
bcare anyways as to whAt the world perceives.
anyways engalaala oru aalu kaithattal vaangikiraarnaa
sandhishame. irundhaalum twitterla plum thalamaila
summa oru kaattu kaatunomla. why? illainna yaeri midhichutte iruppaing.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Gautham's next movie with Surya, dhuruva natchaththiram, will have ARR as MD

Disappointing.

Regardless, nanRi Gautham sArE, for the NEPV experience!

That album was / is / will be quite a treat from some film maker who didn't originate from the rAsA camp Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:40 am

My team-room-mate (at work place) today declared that this is an awesome movie Smile

It seems he watched on the net with his wife last night.

(He rarely watches new TF and somewhat a "peter" in that aspect Wink but a big lover of Gounder brand comedies)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:30 pm

app,

As I wrote on twitter I too saw the movie today. I liked it. Thought the heroine's character was well written. Hero's character was not as well written.

Raja, as usual, had understood exactly what Gautam wanted. The music adds so much intensity to the movie. Samantha does a great job. Jeeva is wooden in most places. Almost like Gautham Very Happy

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  Punnaimaran Wed May 08, 2013 1:09 pm

app_engine wrote:For the attention of Sureshji , V_Sji & jaiganesh :

http://www.crankscorner.com/2013/03/28/a-diy-maestro-fan-guide/

Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham. - Page 10 3325497835

BTW, because of reading this article I'm forced to listen to the 'thandhu vittEn ennai' soundtrack, for the first time Embarassed

(I'm obviously disqualified per this criteria...so, over to CAT 1 fans to worry about this funny blog post)

app,
Many people wouldn't have heard தந்துவிட்டேன் என்னை songs. I remember it to be Sridhar's film with Vikram as the lead actor and also IIRC had a similar storyline as Vanna Vanna Pookkal by BM which was released later. I had bought the cassette when it was released. The movie had very good songs but went unheard.
When I heard the song என்னவென்று சொல்வதம்மா from the movie Rajakumaran for the first time, I felt it was similar to the number தென்றல் நீ தென்றல் நீ from this movie.
Punnaimaran
Punnaimaran

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon May 13, 2013 8:11 pm

கட்டாயம் இங்கே பதிக்கப்பட வேண்டிய இணைப்பு :

http://twitlonger.com/show/n_1rk21p5

P_R wrote:

பி.கு: அஜந்தா வகையறால்லாம் இன்னும் பிடிக்கலை தான். பிடிக்குது பிடிக்கலை'ன்றது வேற. ஆனா நீஎபொவ -வேற தளத்துல இருக்கு. அதை போதுமான அளவு அங்கீகரிக்காம பேசுனா - எவ்வளவு தீவிரமான, நுட்பமான ராஜாரசிகரா இருந்தாலும் - நான் கொஞ்சம் சந்தேகத்தோடயே பார்ப்பேன் - என்பதை தாழ்மையுடன் தெரிவித்துக்கொள்கிறேன் :-)

Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham. - Page 10 2073954063

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon May 13, 2013 8:59 pm

Some more pearls by P_R...

Best album of the decade NEPV. By that I don't mean post 2010. I mean, best in the last 10 years. idhellAm disagree paNradhukku scope-E illai. Counter-opinions serve to calibrate the opinions of said opiners. idhukku mEla idhai paththi discuss paNRadhE waste of the time, waste of the energy, waste of the discuss.

Best singer of the year - NSK Ramya ellAm sellAdhu - it is Sunidhi Chauhan for mudhal muRai. Absolute top-notch peerless singing of that elevated a brilliant song to unprecedented levels.

Interestingly, when avidaththa admin countered P_R, see his reply :

P_R wrote:Mine is an opinion too.
And I opine that it is unrewarding exhaustion to engage with those who hold an opinion so far away that there isn't even a meeting ground.

vArE vA!

Then one more :

P_R wrote:Of course no comparison. Dhoni is the best of year, above others - excluding the elephant in the room that is NEPV, which - unfortunately for Dhoni - happens to be this year.

I have highly limited means of articulation, when it comes to music and very quickly reach a 'are you kiddin' me, how is this not self-evident' mode - which is of limited value. But I am perplexed how Dhoni can even be compared with NEPV - which is a scintillating musical achievement, operating exclusively in alternating modes of exhilaration without let. Just posted something in the NEPV thread about my experience of listening to it.

NEPV எங்கேயோ உச்சாணி கொம்புல இருக்குங்க. தோனி எல்லாம் 'நான் வேணா லெஃப்ட்ல ஆடவா' ரேஞ்ச் Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham. - Page 10 Icon_lol

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon May 13, 2013 9:02 pm

And then, there's one funny post :

P_R wrote:

எனக்கு ஹரிஹரன் கொஞ்சம் ரெண்டாம்பட்சம்.

நீஎபொவ-ல ஹரிஹரர் ஒரு பாட்டு கூட பாடலை என்ற யாவரும் அறிந்த கருத்தை, என் மனதிருப்திக்காக ஒரு தடவை எழுதிப் பார்த்துக்குறேன் Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham. - Page 10 Icon_mrgreen

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed May 15, 2013 5:10 pm

after listening to nth time "satru munbu" - i uncovered one more thing..
/the cellos arrangement, tone quality it is absolutely a "Bach" signature.
Imagine Bach being alive (Sivamani would say he is alive and in spirit resides in one of the reeds of Raaja's potti) and doing a film song. It would have to be 'Satru Munbu' - The epic climax to varun-nithya romance all ending up in glorious ash. The musical/drama movement is interrupted by the happenings on screen. And cello is so apt for such 'staccato'd' flow. Please listen to http://archive.org/details/J.S.BachOrchestralSuiteNo.2InBMinor - It is the same shade. Further reading tells me that this symphony number 2 was one of very few secular works. It seems like Raaja has been inspired by the minor portions (heavy on cello) to conjure up the dramatic Satru munbu.

On a side note, how can anyone amateur singing/karaoke start the charanams of 'kaatrai konjam nirka sonnaen' beats me. every time i try i am spell bound and dumb stuck at the interludes that i forget my cue..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:42 pm

dig

One grand father of NSK Ramya is well-known. (kalaivANar N S Krishnan who was a famous actor of MKT time frame).

From the Vijay TV award program, came to know that her other grand father was K R Ramasamy. She dedicated her 'satRu munbu' award to both grand fathers. She did the same when Filmfare award was given to her for the same song as well.

K R Ramasamy was CNA's friend and acted in his vElaikkAri & Or iravu.

Interestingly, his wiki page reminded me of this fact : He sang a lovely duet with SJ in another movie, which is one of my all-time-fav :

உள்ளம் தேடாதே என்று சொல்லுதே
என்ன சொன்னாலும் கண் தேடுதே

So, two singer grandpAs to this satRu munbu sAyndhu sAyndhu pArththa Ramya!

End-dig

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:35 am

I like this blogger's reviews - posting the third one by him today :

rarefied's NEPV review

Director Gautam Menon's movies have always had great music. This time it is maestro Ilaiyaraaja who has taken over the reins as music director. Are you in for an aural treat? Let's find out! Saayndhu Saayndhu, with a guitar base, is brilliantly melodious, especially the interlude portions. But the dampener comes in the form of Yuvan Shankar Raja, who seems to be a wrong choice, not that he is terrible. A soothing voice would have perhaps added more allure to the song. However, Ramya NSK salvages it to some extent.

Karthik proves his vocal prowess with Kaatrai Konjam - superbly composed (particularly the saxophone and clarinet bits!), it instantly takes you back to the evergreen Raja compositions of the bygone days. Stunningly employing violins to great effect, the beautifully arranged Mudhal Murai sees Sunidhi Chauhan in super-effective form and her Tamil diction is surprisingly very good with every word clearly standing out.

Ilaiyaraaja aces Vaanam Mella in his trademark style, but Bela Shende's rendition is quite passable in an otherwise gorgeous track. The rock based Pudikale Maamu has Suraj Jagan on the mic, and he does a good job too. Proceeding on a steady rhythm, singer Karthik intervenes midway to give the song a folk touch with trumpets blaring in between. Brass and synth rule Yennodu Vaa Va, the soundtrack's another high point; the sedate and calm melody working like a charm. The orchestration is captivating and Karthik does a mind-blowing job.

Yuvan Shankar Raja makes another appearance, and in solo, in the plaintive Pengal Yendral; and he once again fails to create an impact. Sattru Munbu, the last track of the OST, is masterfully orchestrated and is sung nicely by Ramya NSK. Except for one major foible (choosing Yuvan for Saayndhu...), Ilaiyaraaja delivers a spectacular musical feast for NEP.

Note on the Telugu OST Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu: Though my opinion on the rest of the songs remains unchanged, Yedhi Yedhi (Telugu equivalent of Saayndhu Saayndhu) gets its due big time thanks to Shaan, who replaces Yuvan Shankar Raja. Sublime!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:30 am

I guess they should read out a WARNING MESSAGE prior to the 'mudhal muRai pArththa gnAbagam' song, much like they do with alcohol (or cigarette).

"இந்தப்பாடலைக் கேட்டுக்கொண்டே வண்டி ஓட்டுவது ஆபத்தானது"

"விளைவுகளுக்கு இதை உருவாக்கியவர்கள் பொறுப்பல்ல"

Pumping 1 mn BHP to an ordinary human body and making him believe he can fly across the mountain and do such incredible things is definitely not healthy Shocked

A couple of near misses on road reminded me -again- that I shouldn't be listening to this while driving Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  panniapurathar Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:39 am

App avargale, sariyaa sonninga!  I have felt the same with many pieces of IRs music.  We are probably better off listening to mindless junk churned out in popular radio stations while driving as opposed to our doyen's compositions!

panniapurathar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue May 13, 2014 6:10 pm

NSK Ramya

ராஜா சார் மியூசிக்ல பாடறதுக்கு வாய்ப்பு வந்தப்ப, நம்பவே முடியலை. மனசு முழுக்க பயத்தோடவே ரெக்கார்டிங் போனேன். ஆனா, நான் பயந்த அளவுக்கு ஒண்ணுமே நடக்கலை. தப்பு பண்ணினா சொல்லிக் கொடுத்து, தானே பாடிக் காட்டி, என்கரேஜ் பண்ணிப் பாட வச்சார். அந்த பிரமிப்பு நீங்கறதுக்குள்ளே, அதே இசைஞானி மியூசிக்ல ‘மேகா’னு இன்னொரு படத்துக்கும் 3 பாட்டு பாடிட்டேன். ராஜா சார் ஒரு சிரிப்பு சிரிச்சாலே, அது ஆஸ்கார் வாங்கினதுக்கு சமம்... நான் பாடின ‘சற்று முன்பு’க்கு அப்படியொரு சிரிப்பு எனக்குப் பதிலா கிடைச்சது’’ - வார்த்தைக்கு வார்த்தை ராஜா புகழ் பாடிப் பூரிக்கிறார் ரம்யா.

BTW, what kind of "gospel" music that this girl is involved with? 
Rolling Eyes

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:25 pm

A charity band connected to NEPV

Sunil Paulraj, Director of the UK-based music group that performs across the world for charitable causes, recalls a moment in 2009 when he knew his outfit had hit big time. Quite poetically, it was in a darkened auditorium in Chennai, just as the stage lights came on.

"I noticed camera flashes being directed not at us but at someone in the aisles," he says when we meet him at a star city hotel, where he is staying with 73 musicians who will be taking to the stage on August 5 and 6, in aid of charities Reaching Hand and U&I. During the interval, the small-built man — the reason for the flashes — walked up to him and introduced himself as Ilayaraja. To cut a long story short, Paulraj and his team of 82 found themselves in the legendary South music composer's studio the next morning at 7.30 am ("he sent 35 tailors over the previous night to have us kitted out"), recording a jingle for a jewellery brand. Not soon after, the group recorded for 2012 film Neethaane En Ponvasantham at Angel Studios in London, after the composer called Paulraj a week before his arrival. These and other stories are part of the eight-year-long Toccata journey, marked by a passion for performance, Paulraj's love of medicine, and a desire to reach out to the underprivileged through music.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:29 pm

What is interesting about that news is rAsA was visiting a charity concert in pursuit of quality musicians (or foreign musicians).

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:17 pm

app_engine wrote:I guess they should read out a WARNING MESSAGE prior to the 'mudhal muRai pArththa gnAbagam' song, much like they do with alcohol (or cigarette).

"இந்தப்பாடலைக் கேட்டுக்கொண்டே வண்டி ஓட்டுவது ஆபத்தானது"

"விளைவுகளுக்கு இதை உருவாக்கியவர்கள் பொறுப்பல்ல"

I once tweeted thus, "Charge: Driving car with eyes closed. Defense: Second Interlude of 'Sainthu Sainthu' Judge: Natural reaction. Case Dismissed'

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next