Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham.

+21
Raaga_Suresh
balachidambaram
groucho070
MumbaiRamki
rajkumarc
mythila
SenthilVinu
Sakalakala Vallavar
jaiganesh
kameshratnam
kamalaakarsh
kiru
skr
sagi
Bala (Karthik)
plum
V_S
app_engine
kv
Admin
25 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham. - Page 12 Empty Re: Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham.

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:23 pm

Nani says NEPV Telugu didn't do well because of BGM

Is there any film which left you dissatisfied?

There is a movie its own share of cult fans.  It didn't do well to the extent I expected it to work.  It's Yeto Vellipoyindi Manasu.  Maestro Ilaiyaraja garu great gave great music.  But his BGM belongs to a different class and the same didn't sit well with Gautham Menon's style of making.  This is not the case when Harris Jayaraj has composed for a Gautham Menon film.  With an apt BGM, I think the film would have become a big hit.

I want P_R to comment on this "apt BGM making it a big hit" thingy Wink

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham. - Page 12 Empty Re: Neethane Enthan Pon Vasantham.

Post  kamalaakarsh Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:52 am

app_engine wrote: Nani says NEPV Telugu didn't do well because of BGM

Is there any film which left you dissatisfied?

There is a movie its own share of cult fans.  It didn't do well to the extent I expected it to work.  It's Yeto Vellipoyindi Manasu.  Maestro Ilaiyaraja garu great gave great music.  But his BGM belongs to a different class and the same didn't sit well with Gautham Menon's style of making.  This is not the case when Harris Jayaraj has composed for a Gautham Menon film.  With an apt BGM, I think the film would have become a big hit.

I want P_R to comment on this "apt BGM making it a big hit" thingy Wink

I don't know if BGM can make a hit or flop. But since the topic of BGM came up, I remember sharing here or on twitter, that I actually found the BGM very underwhelming in this film. And i remember it so distinctly because it was probably the 1st time I didn't like the background score in a film composed by Raaja. The album is such a phenomenal album and I went with so many expectations. The movie itself was boring at many places and i patiently watched the entire film only for the BGM and walked out disappointed.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:33 am

Shocked this AM to see the tweets on the sudden demise of Na Muthukumar (who wrote all the lyrics for NEPV) Sad

Very sad - this man is very young too Sad (wiki says he has an eight month old daughter Sad )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:58 pm

Died of jaundice!!  Just inexplicable.  How can this happen to an ostensibly able bodied just over 40 man living in a metro city? How could he not get attention in time?  People get down with jaundice but they don't die; at least so I thought but I was wrong.  So sad, shocking news!

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:08 pm

Shocked and saddened Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:08 pm

Tamil film music world has lost 2 stellar lyricists just in a span of a week's time .
Panchu Arunachalam and Na.Muthukumar ! Shocking and very sad.

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:05 pm

NEPV recap on vikatan

இந்தப் படத்திற்கு முதலில் ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான் இசையமைக்க ஒப்புக்கொண்டு, தவிர்க்க இயலாத  சூழலில் முடியாமல் போகவே, இளையராஜா இசையமைத்தார். இளையராஜாவின் இசையைத் தாங்கிப் படத்தில் வந்த எட்டுப் பாடல்களும் ரசிகர்களிடையே  மிகுந்த வரவேற்பைப் பெற்றன.  இசைஞானியின் இசையை வருடியபடி குறிப்பிட்ட சூழல்களின் தன்மையை ரசிகர்களுக்கு அப்படியே அள்ளித் தெளிக்கும் நா.முத்துக்குமாரின் வரிகளும் பொருந்தியது இன்னும் சிறப்பு. 'சாய்ந்து சாய்ந்து நீ பார்க்கும்...' பாடலும், 'சற்று முன்பு பார்த்த...' பாடலும் அந்த வருடத்தின் மெலடி ஹிட். 

The writer of this article - like most public - seems to be among those who could not appreciate the REAL value / musical greatness of this album Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:17 am

Someone has woken up and realized that this should get an award, after all:
http://www.cineulagam.com/cinema/06/137281

AP gov Nandhi award for music of EVPM (aka NEPV)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:58 pm

Gautam's next MD says the director typically OKs the "first" tune...
https://cinema.vikatan.com/tamil-cinema/interview/106311-music-director-darbuka-siva-interview.html

I won't be surprised if all of NEPV tunes were the "first" ones that came out of IR, him being a constant source of fantastic melodies.

However, if it were really true also with those from HJ, that's quite surprising Wink

There had been some really great melodies that HJ did for Gautam, starting with 'vaseegarA'!

(I'll totally agree to Gautam's claim about the ones that ARR did - none attracted me Laughing )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:21 pm

vikatan has an article for this movie (5 years Achchu it seems)

But their twitter poll misses the top 2 songs (IMO) mudhal muRai pArththa gnAbagam & sAyndhu sAyndhu!

https://cinema.vikatan.com/tamil-cinema/news/110764-5-years-of-neethaane-en-ponvasantham.html

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12