Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found!

+10
counterpoint
Raaga_Suresh
Saravanan
baroque
Drunkenmunk
groucho070
plum
V_S
Usha
app_engine
14 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found! - Page 9 Empty Re: SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found!

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:52 pm

Those who watched the iconic song 'pon vAnam panneer thoovudhu innEram' on youtube wouldn't have possibly imagined that it had a previous version.

Not on melody / music part but on the picturization Laughing

Interestingly, the director of 'inRu nee nALai nAn' - the movie of that rain song,  had also acted in that 1970 movie that had Sivakumar and Lakshmi drenching in rain Wink

Let us have that song as our next in this thread.

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 66
உன்னைத்தொட்ட காற்று
(நவக்கிரகம், 1970)

rA.mu.66 of SPB
unnaiththotta kAtRu vandhu
(navagraham, 1970, with PS)
MD : V Kumar
Lyric : Vaali

Interestingly, this is one of those VERY FEW songs that had SPB "only humming" (or doing some minor stuff without singing many lines).

Saravanan sir had written in tfmpage the following:

The pick of the album is the unforgettable unnai thotta kaatRu vandhu, This song was the first song that SPB sang for VK, and from this beginning, the singer and the MD developed a rapport that saw a series of landmark collaborations in the subsequent years. SPB had high regard for the unassuming VK, and had paid wholesome tributes to him in many interviews.

This lilting duet, filmed on Sivakumar and Lakshmi, has SPB humming and PS singing the lines. VK ushers in the romantic mood of the rain-drenched lovers, and the singers do justice to his composition.

Please check this tfmpage for more interesting stuff on V Kumar (or the entire thread which got partly done in tfmpage and later completed at dhool.com, after the "split"):
http://tfmpage.com/forum/21485.3842.00.37.21.html

This youtube misses the opening humming but has better AV quality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJt9u51RkKs

The film titles show that V Kumar had an assistant for this movie, with the name P L Sriramulu. With not that many songs and simple orch, one wonders what his contribution was...

Vaali's pAdal varigaL are simple:
உன்னைத்தொட்ட காற்று வந்து என்னைத்தொட்டது
அதுவே போதும் என்று பெண்மை இன்று கேட்டுக்கொண்டது
வரலாம் தொடலாம் மணநாள் வரும் போது
தருவேன் பெறலாம் பக்கம் நீ வரும் போது

உன் பாதம் தொட்ட அலைகளை என் பாதம் தொட்டது
நம் இருவரையும் ஒன்று சேர்க்கப் பாலமிட்டது
இந்த நேரம் பார்த்து நாணம் வந்து கோலமிட்டது
கொஞ்ச நாள் வரையில் பொறுத்திருக்க ஆணையிட்டது

மழைத்தூறல் போட்டு சாரல் வந்து உன்னை நனைத்தது
அது உன்னை நனைத்துத் தெறித்த போது என்னை நனைத்தது
அது துளித்துளியாய் எனது தோளில் மீது இடம் பிடித்தது
இந்த இயற்கையெல்லாம் இருவரையும்  இணைத்துப்பார்க்குது

BTW, this was a song I liked when listening in radio those days Smile
(I don't think I connected with SPB those days Embarassed BTW, two songs in this album had A L Raghavan)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found! - Page 9 Empty Re: SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found!

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Since we've come across a lot of Sivakumar numbers in this thread so far, I'm planning to complete remaining Sivakumar-SPB numbers for our pre-IR time period, before circling back to this year-by-year business.

That way, it may be easier too to track all numbers without miss (like we did for bigger heroes).

After all, SK was the "first" hero to act in a movie with rAsA music Embarassed

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:22 pm

I've scanned thru the web for a reliable filmography for Sivakumar and NONE exists today Embarassed
(Like GA, another case of sons doing nothing for their dad's wiki, which is pathetic).

So, I'm not moving ahead with the "Sivakumar movies" approach Embarassed

OTOH, I got a reasonably reliable listing of ALL the TF that got released from 1969-1976, our period of consideration for SPB songs and I'll go with the year-by-year approach.

So, 1969 is done (in addition to all the MGR-Sivaji-GG-Kamal movies).

There are a few Jai Shankar songs remaining in 1970 which we'll focus on now Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:40 pm

As mentioned in my prior post, here is a 1970 Jaishankar song, Lakshmi with him on screen.

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 67
அங்கம் புதுவிதம்
(வீட்டுக்கு வீடு, 1970)

rA.mu.67 of SPB
angam pudhu vidham
(veettukku veedu, 1970, with LRE)
MD : MSV
Lyric : Kannadasan

The titles say MSV had Govardhanam as assistant and Kannadasan had PA with him.

The whole movie is on youtube as well : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsJcFCeT_3U
Here is the song : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnc3T_9JPaw

SPB is in a "small-boy" mode with LRE dominating the song (sounds like SPB's mother Embarassed )

Excellent melody by the mellisai mannar. Arrangements are so-so.

The song was quite popular on radio and I've heard it hundreds of times. (Unfortunately, I didn't differentiate much between SPB and Saibaba those days and remember associating SPB with the "andhappakkam vAzhdhavan Romeo" song from the same album).

The pAdal varigaL are sweet :
அங்கம் புதுவிதம் அழகினில் ஒரு விதம் நங்கை முகம் நவரச நிலவு
நங்கை இவளிடம் நவரசம் பழகிய உங்கள் முகம் அதிசயக்கனவு

பூவிரி சோலைகள் ஆடிடும் தீவினில் பறவை பறக்கும் அழகோ
தேவியின் வெண்ணிற மேனியில் விளையாடும் பொன் அழகு
மாதுளம் பூவினில் பொன்னிற வண்டுகள் மயங்கிக்களிக்கும் அழகோ
காதலின் ஆனந்த போதையில் உறவாடும் உன் அழகு
கற்பனை அற்புதம் காதலே ஓவியம்
தொட்டதும் பட்டதும் தோன்றுமே காவியம்

தேன் சுவையோ இல்லை நான் சுவையோ எனத்தேடி அணைக்கும் அழகே
மைவிழி நாடகப் பார்வையில் கதை நாளும் சொல்லிவிடு
பாலிலும் மெல்லிய பனியிலும் ஊறிய பருவக் கால இசையே
பார்த்தது மட்டும் போதுமா ஒரு பாடம் சொல்லிவிடு
வந்தது கொஞ்சமே வருவதோ ஆயிரம்
ஒவ்வொரு நினைவிலும் உலகமே நம்மிடம்

More than other aspects, the pAdal varigaL make this song enjoyable!
the clap

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:21 am

^^ You'd have seen P_R on twitter mention this with and ARR song and me. This song too features in the Kannadasan cassette among his favorite duets Wink
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:54 pm

Ravichandran ku inum sila paatu irukae app.. adhai ellam solliyacha.......

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:56 pm

Usha wrote:Ravichandran ku inum sila paatu irukae app.. adhai ellam solliyacha.......

As you can see from a couple of posts above, I've switched to "year-after-year" mode now Smile

Of course, Ravichandran songs will get covered as well in their due chronological slots Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:03 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote: Kannadasan cassette

Smile
the clap

(BTW, I'm not very sure about the inspiration part as my untrained ears cannot identify easily)

Coming back to KD, மனுஷன் அனுபவிச்சு எழுதி இருக்கார்ன்றேன்!

So much so that, he is patting himself "கற்பனை அற்புதம்!" Smile

I love those two saraNam lines that precede that - what a lovely imagination!

The boy sings, with beautiful imagery and some mischief :
பூவிரி சோலைகள் ஆடிடும் தீவினில் பறவை பறக்கும் அழகோ
தேவியின் வெண்ணிற மேனியில் விளையாடும் பொன் அழகு

The words so nicely sit on the melody too - one wonders whether it was mettu for pAttu or otherwise!

And the girl responds sweetly, again with imagery / uvamai etc:
மாதுளம் பூவினில் பொன்னிற வண்டுகள் மயங்கிக்களிக்கும் அழகோ
காதலின் ஆனந்த போதையில் உறவாடும் உன் அழகு

After penning these two long lines, possibly kavingar felt proud and added that "கற்பனை அற்புதம்" as a self appreciation IMHO Smile

(BTW, one more thought comes to mind, considering the puttee & kuttee indulgences of kavingar. It's possible that kaRpanai came based on the personal experience indicated by the line after that : தொட்டதும் பட்டதும் தோன்றுமே காவியம் Laughing )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Another Jai Shankar song from 1970, with KRV on screen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7GhGUNjRj4

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 68
பொன்னென்றும் பூவென்றும்
(நிலவே நீ சாட்சி, 1970)

rA.mu.68 of SPB
ponnenRum poovenRum
(nilavE nee sAtchi, 1970)

MSV has two assistants on the titles (Govardhanam & Joseph Krishna) while PA assists kavingar.

SPB is struggling with Thamizh pronunciation in the song. Very evident in the first line of first saraNam மூன்று கனிச்சாறு ஒன்றாகப் பிழிந்து.

In addition, he butchers அதிகாலை as அதிக்காலை - twice in the third saraNam.

One need not check who is the lyricist if he pays attention to the first saraNam Laughing
(same smAL / സ്മാൾ akA puttee kuttee business)

Anyways, the whole song is given below:

பொன்னென்றும் பூவென்றும் தேனென்றும் சொல்வேனோ
பெண்ணைப்பார்த்தால் சொல்லத்தோன்றும் இன்னும் நூறாயிரம்

மூன்று கனிச்சாறு ஒன்றாகப் பிழிந்து
மோகரசம் கொஞ்சம் அளவோடு கலந்து
போதை மதுவாகப் பொன்மேனி மலர்ந்து
பூவை வந்தாள் பெண்ணாகப் பிறந்து

கோடை வசந்தங்கள் குளிர்காலம் என்று
ஓடும் பருவங்கள் கணநேரம் நின்று
காதல் கவி பாடும் அவள் மேனி கண்டு
காணக்கண் வேண்டும் ஒரு கோடி இன்று

கன்னி இளங்கூந்தல் கல்யாணப்பள்ளி
கண்கள் ஒளி வீசும் அதிகாலை வெள்ளி
தென்றல் விளையாடும் அவள் பேரைச்சொல்லி
இன்பம் அவளின்னும் அறியாத கல்வி

The movie boasts of two male singers - the other one being MSV.

One has to listen to the duet that MSV sings - possibly the struggle with this number made sure he didn't attempt that many love duets in his singing attempts Laughing

You can check out his 'nee ninaiththAl' with LRE :
http://shakthi.fm/ta/player/play/s8ad57c62

ayyO pAvam Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:43 pm

Another SPB song from the same movie, with PS singing just a couple of lines in the beginning and SPB doing the rest. That is because, PS has a solo (happy version) of the same song.

This is not entirely pathos - but some kind of "remembering the past" "reunion" kind of situational song.

While the PS song was quite popular on radio (heard it many times), the SPB song is a revelation to me in this current exercise. (Of course, the tfmpage listing has this song but I don't have much familiarity with the SPB version before).

Youtube has the video from a Jaya TV telecast :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8YWpamt4Ic

The pAdal varigaL are light-weight, considering the kind of thaththuva lines that kavingar had penned in his career otherwise:

நிலவே நீ சாட்சி
மன நிம்மதி நாடும் உயிர்களுக்கெல்லாம் நிலவே நீ சாட்சி!

பாதைகள் இரண்டு சந்திப்பதும் அதில் பயணம் செல்பவன் சிந்திப்பதும்
காதலில் கூட நடப்பதுண்டு அங்கே காலத்தின் தேவன் சிரிப்பதுண்டு

ஒரு சில இல்லத்தில் சுவைப் பேச்சு சில உள்ளங்களில் ஏனோ பெருமூச்சு
இருவரை இணைத்துத் திரை போட்டு இது இறைவன் நடத்தும் விளையாட்டு

With this, perhaps all songs from 1970 got documented, unless I find another in another scan of the movies released in that year.

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 69
நிலவே நீ சாட்சி
(நிலவே நீ சாட்சி, 1970)

rA.mu.69 of SPB
nilavE nee sAtchi
(nilavE nee sAtchi, 1970, with Radha)

Last edited by app_engine on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravanan Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Great going, App! Apologies again for my frequent disappearances.

Few things:

1. The female voice that begins the SPB version of Nilave Nee Saatchi belongs to a singer called Radha. It is not PS.

2. Avalukkendru Or Manam had another SPB song: Oli vazhangi maraigindra karpooram- again the co-singer is Radha.

3. Another song that seems missing from the 1970 list: Kaathal jothi anaiyaadhu- SPB with PS from Kaathal Jothi. Music by TKR. Filmed on Jaishankar & Kanchana.

Saravanan

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:55 pm

mikka nanRi Saravanan sir, for the thagaval on Radha and the missed song for AOM Smile

Also, thanks for the pointer to the kAdhal jOthi song!

I was planning to scan thru the rest of the movies from 1970 to find any remaining ones.

Now, thanks to your post, already found one Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:03 am

Well, let me first complete the GG movie song (avaLukkenRu oru manam's climax song for the last couple of minutes, leading to "vaNakkam"):

The song alone is captured by someone in dailymotion here :
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x167g2r_oli-vazhangi-avalukkendru-oru-manam-1971_shortfilms

If someone insists on watching only in youtube, please go to this movie link and watch the very last couple of minutes (i.e. starting after 2 hrs 7 min):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMM4BHADOtw&t=7667s

The whole movie is here:

As mentioned by Saravanan sir, the female singer is Radha (and not SJ as reported in the dailymotion site).

This song is a "first-time-listen" for me Embarassed

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 70
ஒளி வழங்கி மறைகின்ற கற்பூரம்
(அவளுக்கென்று ஒரு மனம், 1971)

rA.mu.70 of SPB
oLi vazhangi maRaikinRa karpooram
(avaLukkenRu oru manam, 1971, with Radha)

ஒளி வழங்கி மறைகின்ற கற்பூரம்
உடல் உருகி ஒளி வீசும் மெழுகுவர்த்தி
பாவத்தில் புண்ணியத்தை வளர்த்த தீபம்
பலர் வாழ தனைத்தந்த தியாக தீபம்

முடிவான நன்மை என முடிவெடுத்தாள்
தொடர் அடிவானம் தனை நோக்கி அடியெடுத்தாள்
பெண்ணாகப்பிறந்ததிலே பெருமை கண்டாள்
பெண்வாழ்வு தியாகம் என உரிமை கொண்டாள்
நிம்மதியானாள் தியாக சந்நிதியானாள்

I'm not sure whether this was the very first "azhuvai" song for SPB in TFM...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:50 am

Yet another 1970 song for Jaishankar (Kanchana the lady with him on screen).

SPB-PS duet MD-ed by 'mellisai mannar' T K Ramamoorthy (years after the split of the MSV-TKR duo).

The movie's youtube says story by அறிஞர் அண்ணா. The movie must have been released after his demise as the initial scenes show his statue. It's also possible that the project got started many years before and periodically undergone changes (because of the political happenings etc) .

The movie titles show another lyricist besides Vaali ; however, going by the references on the web for Subbu Arumugam, he could have written a villuppAttu for this movie and not a typical cine duet like this. That way, I took the liberty to credit it to Vaali without much ado about authentication Embarassed

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 71
காதல் ஜோதி அணையாதது
(காதல் ஜோதி, 1970)

rA.mu.71 of SPB
kAdhal jOthi aNaiyAdhadhu
(kAdhal jOthi, 1970, with PS)
MD : TKR
Lyric : Vaali

So-so song which doesn't get much value add by SPB IMHO. (Had it come a few years before, with a TMS-PS combo or PBS-PS combo, it would have reached more audience). Honestly, I may not care to listen to this another time. Heard it a couple of times today, to get the lyrics correct and I'm probably done with it forever Embarassed

One lyrical point (that I possibly also posted in the 500-1000 section in the IR section for another song). Vaali and many other predecessors of VM had already "invented" this idea of eyes being door to the heart. This song is one more sample:
மை வைத்த கிண்ணம்தான் விழியல்லவா
நானும் மன வாசல் நுழைகின்ற வழியல்லவா

That way, "விழியில் விழுந்து இதயம் நுழைந்து" is nothing new in 1981.

That it became so popular (while this kAdhal jOthi song's line did not) is purely because of the "IR kudhirai" on which it did savAri. Nothing much to boast about poet's imagination. (Well, there's this trademark violence விழுந்து / தூக்கிப்போட்டான் etc, for which VM can claim credit Laughing )

The whole song is here:
காதல் ஜோதி அணையாதது கண் கண்ட கனவெல்லாம் கலையாதது
ஊரும் உறவும் அணை போடுது உன்னோடு என் ஆசை உறவாடுது

நீர் கொண்ட மேகம் பொதுவானது நிலம் பார்த்து நீரைப் பொழியாதது
குளிர் கொண்ட காற்று நடை போடுது கொடி கொண்ட பூவில் குடியேறுது
மை வைத்த கிண்ணம்தான் விழியல்லவா
நானும் மன வாசல் நுழைகின்ற வழியல்லவா
இள நெஞ்சமா மலர் மஞ்சமா இதழோரமா சுவை கொஞ்சமா

அன்பென்ற பாடல் உருவானது அரங்கேற்ற வேண்டும் பொழுதானது
அழகென்ற மேடை எதிர்பார்க்குது வாவென்று ஜாடை வரவேற்குது
புது வெள்ளம் மடை தாண்டி விழும் அல்லவா
பாவை பூ மேனி நீராட வருமல்லவா
இடை துள்ளுமா நடை பின்னுமா இது போதுமா இனி வேணுமா

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKwlNHdR79w

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:41 pm

I've scanned thru a number of movies from the year 1970 (but not all, not yet) and couldn't find any more SPB.

I'm surprised to see that MOST of the movies from this year are on youtube (I mean full movies) Shocked

To keep the listing exercise progressing, let me start with 1971 songs. We can always include any left-out ones if and when identified Smile

Just for record, following movies of 1970, that are on youtube, didn't have any SPB song:

அனாதை ஆனந்தன்
எங்க மாமா
எங்கள் தங்கம்
எங்கிருந்தோ வந்தான்
எதிர்காலம்
எதிரொலி
என் அண்ணன்
கண்ணன் வருவான்
கண்மலர்
கல்யாண ஊர்வலம்
கஸ்தூரி திலகம்
காலம் வெல்லும்
சி.ஜ.டி.சங்கர்
சொர்க்கம்
தபால்காரன் தங்கை
தரிசனம்
பெண் தெய்வம்
மாட்டுக்கார வேலன்
விளையாட்டுப் பிள்ளை
திருமலை தென்குமரி
நடு இரவில்
நம்மவீட்டு தெய்வம்

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:39 pm

Well, SPB's name is listed in the titles of 'paththAm pasali' another 1970 movie Smile

Let me find out which song and post it here Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:58 pm

kashtam, only the titles seem to have SPB Embarassed

No song could be found on the web Embarassed
(e.g. no SPB song at inbaminge site that has all paththAm pasali songs )

Even the write-up by Saravanan sir has no SPB song listed:
http://tfmpage.com/forum/21485.3842.00.37.21.html
(Series on V Kumar)

OTOH, the movie titles showcase SPB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A0GPtbry8E

SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found! - Page 9 Patham11

If anyone knows what that song is, please help Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:00 am

There is one more 1970 song where SPB sang with TMS.

'vairAkkiyam' is the movie's name and the song goes like 'madhuvai eduththuk konjam ootru'.

Looks like it is a Gemini Ganesh movie.
http://www.inbaminge.com/t/v/Vairakkiam%201970/

SMS music.

Will get more details on this song and post tomorrow as our #72 Smile

So, we're not done with 1970 yet (neither with GG who keeps haunting Laughing )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:19 pm

There's not much information that one can find about the vairAkkiyam song "madhuvai eduththu" except two solid resources...

One is where I first found the song, the inbaminge link:
madhuvai eduththu

The song can be played from the above link and I could get the following lyrics from that:

மதுவை எடுத்துக்கொஞ்சம் ஊற்று
அந்த மயக்கத்துலே வரும் பாட்டு
மலர் இதழைத்திறந்து கொஞ்சம் காட்டு
அந்த இனிய சிரிப்பில் சுவை கூட்டு

இருப்பதை ரசிக்கட்டும் இளமை
அந்த இளமைக்கு நான் தான் தலைமை
உச்சி முதல் பாதம் வரை தொட்டவுடன் மெய் சிலிர்க்கும்
பச்சைக்கிளி கொச்சை மொழி பேசி வந்து கை அணைக்கும்

கட்டப்பா என்னைக் கட்டப்பா யப்பனே
பக்தனென்றால் என்னைக் கட்டப்பா நீ
பாதியென்றால் பெண்ணைக் கட்டப்பா
எட்டப்பா அப்பா, யப்பா, யப்பா

அட்றா!
தகுமோடா சொல்லத்தகுமோடா
நீ புத்தி சொல்லத்தகுமோடா
வருமோடா இளமை வருமோடா
விட்டுப்போனால் இளமை வருமோடா
ஏண்டா மூடா இங்கிருந்து போடா
உள்ள எவண்டா பயலே கொண்டு வாடா சோடா

கள்ளை உண்டு காதல் பெண்டு
உலகை தேடும் உலகம்ப்பா நீ
மாயையை விட்டு விலகப்பா
மையல் பொங்கக் கைகளினாலே
மங்கையைக்கட்டும் உலகம்ப்பா
உன் மனதை கட்டிப்போடப்பா

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 72
மதுவை எடுத்துக்கொஞ்சம் ஊற்று
(வைராக்கியம், 1970)

rA.mu.72 of SPB
madhuvai eduththu
(vairAgyam, 1970, with TMS & LRE?)
MD : SMS
Lyric : Kannadasan?

I don't think it is LRE but that's what inbaminge site says and there's no other place I can verify. Likewise, the lyricist is only a guess - nowhere that detail can be found.

The other web resource is a SPB blog that caught this song :
http://myspb.blogspot.com/2009/06/786.html

This HCSPBF seemed to have the soundtrack on that blog once upon a time (not playing anymore, so cannot validate).

The interesting thing is the additional lyrics that the blog has, that cannot be verified :

சாமியார்ப்பா இந்த சாமியாரப்பா
ஒழுங்கா சொன்னா கேட்காதப்பா
ஒருமுறை சொன்னா உறைக்காதப்பா
விருந்தையும் மருந்தையும் கொண்டுவாடப்பா
புத்திக்கு வேணும் மருந்து
புத்திக்கு வேணும் மருந்து நான்
சொன்னதை கேட்டு திருந்து
நான் சொன்னதை கேட்டு திருந்து
ஞானப்பாலை குடித்திருக்கேன்
எனக்கு ஏண்டா விருந்து
ஆஹா அப்படி சொன்னா எப்படி
நான் இனிமேல் போங்க சொற்ப்படி
இந்தாங்க சாமி அடியேன் விருந்து
நெய்யிலே செய்த அப்பம்.. ஆஹா
திரு நெய்யிலே செய்த அப்பம்
நீங்க உண்ண வேணும் என் விண்ணப்பம்
ஆஹா… நஞ்சை கலந்தனையா
என்னை கொல்ல நினைத்தனையா
நஞ்சை கலந்தனையா
என்னை கொல்ல நினைத்தனையா
அட பஞ்சப்பயலே.. பாவிப்பயலே
என்ன நடக்குது பார்..டபார்
சாமி.. டேய் சாமி..அடேய்
எரியுதே… எரியட்டும்
எரியுதே… எரியட்டும்
எரியுதே… எரியட்டும்
நல்லா எரியட்டும்
முன்னையிட்ட தீ முப்புறத்திலே
பின்னையிட்ட தீ தென் இலங்கையில்
அன்னையிட்ட தீ அடிவயித்திலே
இந்த அப்பனிட்ட தீ உந்தன் வீட்டிலே
அப்பனே ஏஏஏஏஏஏஏஏ
ஒட்ட தோண்டி கெட்டுடும்
தன்விணை தன்னைச்சுடும்
ஒட்ட தோண்டி கெட்டுடும்
தன்விணை தன்னைச்சுடும்
ஒட்ட தோண்டி கெட்டுடும்
தன்விணை தன்னைச்சுடும்

SPB sounds 10 years ahead when singing "drunk" - almost like the way he did in 80's !
the clap

Last edited by app_engine on Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:11 pm

I guess I've squeezed out the year 1970 Smile
(Caught even a film with no SPB song but SPB name in titles, hA hA)

Time to move on to 1971...
(I still have that "எதையோ எடுக்க மறந்துட்டேன்" feel Laughing Well, Saravanan sir irukka bayamEn?)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:34 pm

A very special song from 1971, with Ravichandran & KRV on screen!

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 73
தொடுவதென்ன தென்றலோ
(சபதம், 1971)

rA.mu.73 of SPB
thoduvathenna thenRalO
(sabatham, 1971)
MD : GKV

தொடுவதென்ன தென்றலோ மலர்களோ
பனியில் வந்த துளிகளோ கனிகளோ
உடலெங்கும் குளிராவதென்ன
என் மனமெங்கும் நெருப்பாவதென்ன

தேரில் ஏறி தேவதை வந்து இங்கு நீரிலாடும் என்னுடன் நின்று
உடல் தேய்த்து விட்டாளோ முகம் பார்த்து விட்டாளோ
இன்று சித்திர முத்தங்கள் சிந்திய ரத்தினம் யாரோ அவள் யாரோ

காமதேனு பால் கறந்தாளோ அதில் கன்னி மங்கை தேன் கலந்தாளோ
அதை நடக்க விட்டாளோ என்னை மிதக்க விட்டாளோ
இளஞ்சிட்டுமுகம் கொண்ட பொட்டுக்குல மகள் யாரோ அவள் யாரோ

SPB in his home territory - smashing!

Boyish-not-so-mature voice (not match Ravichandran much who BTW kind of matches KRV Embarassed ), there's minor Thamizh problem (தேரில் ஏறி sounds like தேறில் ஏறி) but, man, what a lovely singing with all that kuzhaivu!

Especially the way he concludes the saraNam with humming and smoothly transition back to pallavi the clap

One of the best songs by GKV (not sure if IR was working with him in this time period)! The titles show Panju as udhavi for Kannadasan. It was a P Madhavan directed movie with Devaraj as associate director (who is possibly one of the duo that later did annakkiLi).

Sweet melodious number that everyone associated with it can really be proud of!

Youtube of the song alone is here (not good video resolution) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QUXkVvJOlg

Here is a better on-screen version, as part of the whole movie : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdqjFjFGso4&t=3840s

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:00 pm

^ IR played the guitar. That much I am sure and I've heard SPB say as much.

btb, the nadhimoolam for this lovely song:

Orchestration and structure I kinda see a few more parallels with this though the Shagird number is obviously the source Smile :

Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Definite "reference" - nice catch DM, on the first song!

As for the second one too, the ArAdhanA number, there's inspiration.

However, there's a direct lift of the second one into TFM that we've discussed before "எங்கள் வீட்டுத் தங்கத்தேரில் எந்த நாளும் திருவிழா" (#14 of this thread, from aruNOdhayam, MD - KVM).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:13 am

app_engine wrote:Definite "reference" - nice catch DM, on the first song!

As for the second one too, the ArAdhanA number, there's inspiration.

However, there's a direct lift of the second one into TFM that we've discussed before "எங்கள் வீட்டுத் தங்கத்தேரில் எந்த நாளும் திருவிழா" (#14 of this thread, from aruNOdhayam, MD - KVM).

First one was courtesy plum on twitter more than a yr back Smile Other one is a personal SDB-Rafi favorite. So the inspiration was mappable Razz
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Before we move on with the next number, here is Saravanan sir's take on dhool for 'thoduvadhenna thenRalO':
http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/337.html

The corresponding discussions on tfmpage can be checked here:
http://tfmpage.com/forum/8013.20880.03.21.22.html
http://tfmpage.com/forum/29276.20880.03.21.22.html

Caught this comment from there (by Raj / plum) :

nagarajan - you hit the bulls eye. The song is very very similar in tune and flow to "woh hai zara.." of Laxmi-Pyare.(Shagird or some such crap movie) 
I liked the tamil one better than the L-P-typical dholak-infested hindi version though.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next