Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

+32
groucho070
Punnaimaran
Shank
mayilSK
Bala (Karthik)
vicks
kv
Sakalakala Vallavar
sagi
rajkumarc
writeface
kamalaakarsh
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
D22_Malar
Balu
mythila
baroque
rajaclan
ravinat
Raaga_Suresh
irir123
irfan123
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
Wizzy
kiru
crimson king
V_S
fring151
Usha
plum
app_engine
36 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 32 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  rajkumarc Wed May 28, 2014 8:47 am

App - I think this was the twitlonger you intended to post earlier - http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s1sfhe.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 32 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  app_engine Thu May 29, 2014 6:51 pm

rajkumarc wrote:App - I think this was the twitlonger you intended to post earlier - http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s1sfhe.

nanRi sir, for posting the correct link!

BTW, "rasigar manRam" news:
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/71001-tree-saplings-plant-on-ilayaraaja-birthday-202241.html

இந்த முறை அவரது விருப்பத்துக்கேற்ப, அவரது பிறந்த நாளன்று 71001 மரக்கன்றுகளை நட இளையராஜா ரசிகர்கள் முடிவு செய்துள்ளனர். இந்த கன்றுகள் தமிழகம் முழுவதும் பல்வேறு இடங்களில் நடப்படுகிறது.

தனது பிறந்த நாளான ஜூன் 2-ம் தேதி திங்களன்று காலை 9 மணிக்கு முதல் மரக் கன்றை இளையராஜா தன் கையால் நட்டு இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியைத் தொடங்கி வைக்கிறார்

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu May 29, 2014 6:55 pm

Look how even 4th grade kids are trained to be politically correct :

Interview of D/o singer UnniK

எந்த இசையமைப்பாளர் பிடிக்கும்?

ரஹ்மான் அங்கிள். ஹாரிஸ் ஜெயராஜ் அங்கிளோட பொண்ணும், நானும் கிளாஸ்மேட். அவரையும் பிடிக்கும். ம்... ம்... சொல்ல மறந்துட்டேன். இளையராஜா தாத்தாவை ரொம்பப் பிடிக்கும். ("ஜனனி ஜனனி' பாட்டைப் பாடுகிறாள்)

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Fri May 30, 2014 5:40 am

plum wrote:Nothing on the net. A small round-up on an extended stay in Hyderabad recently.
Thanks to a rickety ancient mp3 player pilfered from wife I had the chance to listen to a lot of FM.It is not something I do in Chennai given a) the prime time contemporary boring songs domination 2) Raja saar spewing RJs mokkai commentary in between Raja songs - or perhaps the other way around - during Raja time. After the novelty of the experience in 2010 when I moved to Chennai I had stopped this exercise completely.

Hyderabad FM was a better experience - this despite the fact that on the average you are more likely to get a Raja song in Chennai FM than in Hyderabad. Admittedly I am extrapolating based on my totally unscientific method of stats collection - primarily consisting of flipping channels all through the day when I get a chance to listen to FM - means skipping every song including Raja songs and just flipping all through to note the stats of what songs are played how regularly.

As I said in absolute numbers of Raja songs played Chennai trumps Hyderabad - at the outset a distressing piece of statistic. However as always there are wheels within wheels and these particular wheels are very heart-warming. Hyderabad may lose out on quantity but on quality of Raja appreciation it trumps Chennai as expected.
This is how things go.

Morning prime time(8AM until 11AM) is primarily new songs - basically last two years worth of hits with the occasional one from last 4-5 years - in all channels except Rainbow FM which plays English Pop hits and Big FM which is unabashedly Hindi. 

However a few classics do seep through occasionally in the morning - no surprise for guessing which are these classics. Yes it is mostly IR with the rare MM Keeravani or Mani sharma hit. However it is quite trying to go through 3 hours of primarily non-raja contemporary "music" to catch the occasional classic. 

And that's not the end of the story - the real story is the actual Raja songs that get requested and played. In the case of MMK and Mani S the songs requested are primarily hero hits (i.e) songs remembered because of the hero Chiru or Balaiah or Venky - note that Nagarjuna doesnt have this fandom - a choodalani undhi or preminchukundham raa. In the case of Raja they surprised me completely exposing even me a veteran of telugu songs of Raja with rare rare rarest hits of Raja from obscure movies or movies whose heroes raise no contemporary fandom.

Songs like "Thene kannA theeyanidhi" (Rajkumar whichj is famous for Janaki kalaganaledhu) Chamki Chakka(Kokila) and manhy others were a revelation to me.
Goes to show with Raja you can never be confident you have listened to it all.

The important thing is the recent hits that get played. It is mostly last two-three years' hits - and I found that Yeto Vellipoyindhi Gundello Godaari Gaayam2 and EVEN Dhoni and Om Shanti(which was way back in 2010 or so) find decent airing. All songs of YVM except pengal endraal and pudikkala mama are patronised. Telugus love melody you see - except when jiving to heavy beats of DSP types I suppose LOL

The only Rahman song - not even album - that gets an airing in this time period in the predominantly telugu channels is gunjukunnA(nenjukullE). Not even other songs from Kadal. Nary a hint of Maryaan etc.

Big FM is a different story though - Highway etc find lot of patronisation. So that's the prime time story - Rahman is a much played bollywood composer while Raja is a marginally played tollywood composer. Rahman the tollywood composer is no where in the picture.
(Contd)

Few additional points:
I continue to maintain my 100% rate of identifying a song as IR even when listening to from middle having never listened to it before.
Several songs I discovered during this visit as mentioned above and most of these were caught in the middle as I was flipping the FM channels. I'd go "ah that sounds like IR" and sure enough it'd turn out to be. Likewise one second of a raj-koti or keeravani song was enough to distinguish that it is NOT IR - though not enough to determine whether it was keeravani or mani sharma or raj-koti or whoever. I just dont understand people who claim that they are paamara isai rasigars and it is difficult to distinguish deva and raja for example. And that only hardcore fanatics of IR can differentiate. Over 30 years of intent listening I have a 100% success rate in 1) Idnetifying an unknwon IR song as IR 2) Identifying an unknown non-IR song as non-IR.
And by no means am an musical elite though I manage to fool a few people to sound like one - purely on account of ability to speak/write  English well.

A old post of mine comes to the mind on this:https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t3p15-manadhil-oru-paattu-song-of-the-moment#824
(I am pretty much like that call taxi driver - enna I can write/speak ornamental English; he can't)

Plum wrote:
plumWas travelling back home from airport today in a Call Taxi. Radiola orE Raja pAttA pOikittirundhudhu. Driver seemed to be intently listening. nAn oNNum pEsalai. After a basket of Raja songs, suddenly tehre was a "enakkena piRandhava" slipped in. Driver immediately changed the channel - after keeping him in observation till then, immediately I recognized that ivan namma paya :lol:and asked

Me: ninga ilayaraja fanA
Him: (full of smile and happiness) AmAm saar. avar pAttu dhAn saar manasuku idhamA irukkum
(The mean streak in me was still suspicious - wanted to test him further. oru vElai idhamana pAttu rasiganO, without any discernment in music appreciation)
Me:appO En Raja pAttai mAththinInga
Him: endha pAttu saar? Rolling Eyes
Me: ippO mAthiningale "enakkena pirandhava"
Him: illai saar, adhu avar pAttu mAdhri illai
Me: illainga adhu RAja pAttu dhAN. idhukku  munnAdi kEttadhillaiyA? enna padam theriyumA? Prabu padam. K Balu eduthadhu. avarukku eppOvumE Raja dhAn music
Him: illai saar kEttadhillai but adhu avar pAttu mAdhiri illai saar
Me: oh appO theriyAmalE Raja pAttu illainu mudivu paNNittIngaLA?
Him: ennamO saar, enakku apdi thONuchu. 
Me: edhai vechu solRInga Raja pAttillainu?
Him: adhellAM enakku theriyAdhu saar. nAn oru pAmaran, sAdharaNa rasigan enakku adhu Raja saar pattu madhiri thONAlai

Me: (Triumphantly) nee rasigEndA! indha pidi aayiram poRkAsugaL!

The reason I am quoting this is in that forum, we are used to certian political beings claiming to be pAmarans and therefore unable to distinguish Deva and Raja. (basically they have an agenda to promote non-IR and use the pAmaran label for that). And here was a man who has no musical pretense but is able to still identify the Raja signature and calling himself a pAmaran. 

I think this is what is true rasippu thanmai. The ability to atleast identify your taste in your heart even if you are not able to articulate it. It also speaks about how Raja's music speaks to hearts of people. evLO Rajavai uL vAngi irundhA, andha isai ilakkaNam theriyadha sAdhAraNA rasigan avLO accurateA annappaRavai pOla paguthaRiya mudium?

Shouldnt our web aaivekkadus who claim to be unable to differentiate between Deva and RAja be ashamed of themselves? And on top of that stelaing the pAmaran label for themselves. Basically, to me this guy is a proper pAmara isai rasigan. He doesnt know music grammar but he is an ordinary pAmara rasigan who knows exactly what he appreciates. 

endha music perusungaradhu mukkiyam illai. rasippula oru underlying ability to discerrn vENum. One cannot hide under the pOrvai of pAmaran and use that to justify lack of discerning and lack of discrimination.

What a wonderful night! Tried to tip that feller extra. He refused it.

The thing that I am specifically referring here is the rebuttal I usually get to saying that it is alway spossible to differentiat ebetweeen IR and cheap quality imitations of IR. THey say "But Plum you are a hard core fan of IR and a meesical so you can differentiate but we pAmarans cannot differntiate that much".

My message to thosee folks is "no you arent the pAmara rasigan. YOu arent even a isai rasigan. A true pAmara rasigan is like that call taxi driver, who can differentiate an ddiscern even though he cannot articulate. Dont even try to call yourself pAmara rasigan or even rasigan"

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sat May 31, 2014 11:33 am

This is a great initiative. I say this simply as a tree lover and someone who dislikes official fanclubs of any sort in general.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/a-tree-for-ilaiyaraaja/article6066021.ece

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat May 31, 2014 1:26 pm

Violin vicky's Amma enrazhaikadha........

Paatin Jeevan........ Voice il irukum expression........ Piano vil........  Really Excellent one........

but tempo... konjam adhigamaga irukira madhirii iruku........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc9_vlA03QQ

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:45 pm

A blogpost on Ilayaraaja and Kalyani raaga. Might be a case of thirumba thirumba pesara nee for those familiar with most of the posts in the blog thus far. But nevertheless, http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/2014/06/01/137-how-to-name-it/ (had promised a couple of sincere music fans not too aware of Raaja that I'd share a post and so the thirumba thirumba... with some intro balanced with some music techniques). Hope it engages you. Give it a read. Cheers! Smile
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:55 pm

LM tweet

LM on twitter wrote:
Ilaiyaraaja ji ke sangeet mein mera aur S P Balasubrahmanyam ka gaya ek geet aap ke sab ke liye https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jih2kxPyYU&sns=em …

வேறென்ன, வளையோசை தான்!
Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:34 pm

https://soundcloud.com/ks-suka

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:11 pm

http://tamil.thehindu.com/opinion/columns/%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%BE-%E0%AE%AE%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%9A%E0%AF%88%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-71/article6072939.ece?homepage=true&theme=true

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:29 pm

http://rajamanjari.blogspot.in/2014/06/ilaiyaraajas-music-and-emotions-ix.html

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:49 pm

Usha wrote:http://tamil.thehindu.com/opinion/columns/%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%BE-%E0%AE%AE%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%9A%E0%AF%88%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-71/article6072939.ece?homepage=true&theme=true

nanRi akkA!

Corresponding youtube link from twitter : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cUWNirMWMk

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:28 pm

Sorry for being a bit negative. I watched SS last night and the song 'EnuLLE' was butchered by the orchestra so much that poor Viji Manuel had to tolerate that nonsense. When they know that they are going to do a week of Raja's work, the orchestra should get a bit serious and practice.  Crying or Very sad

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:36 am

This made me check out the relevantt SS episode. Very interesting nuggets from Viji Manuel who also looks much better than he did last time round on the show.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Fring151,

Thanks for the link....2 naala powercut.. miss panniten........ Raja's Players......... enna oru sound.......... FINEST ONE........

Happy birhtday...  padum podhu... vandha Instruments sound.............. Soooooooooooo Sweet........  idhu dhane Raja.........

Viji Sir... romba azhagaga Raja sir patri sonnar. avaroda Symphony patri sonnar.......... Vishayam theirnjavanga....... Raja sir patri solradhu....

Something Special dhan.....................

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:03 pm

Sorry, my rant continues...

You do not run a Raja program without a violin section. At least, get a good flautist. The flautist with Ragamalika (Vijay, I think is the name) used to play wonderfully. The SS flautist is a letdown.

I can understand kids' singing. But my complaint is about the adults....

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:09 pm

ravinat wrote:Sorry, my rant continues...

You do not run a Raja program without a violin section. At least, get a good flautist. The flautist with Ragamalika (Vijay, I think is the name) used to play wonderfully. The SS flautist is a letdown.

violin patri edhuku kavalai.. irukara instrusments.... sutha mosam.... thalam sari ilai...... adhuvum.. Nitham nitham nellu soru....... padara ponnu
kashta padaradhu........ follow panna mudiyama.....\

apadi.. ellam mosama iruku.......... singer ellam kashta padaranga............

about singers.... ellam sariya iruku.. ana.. ragam .. sari ilaldha madhirii oru feelings.(thappa ilai. ana sari ilai)........ adhanala kids padum podhu.... konjam sari illadha madhirii thonaradhu........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:52 pm

Manobala and Nassar basically saying Tamil society must introspect (I say it must go to hell). Brilliant.

http://t.co/bxIWCgTWLY

http://t.co/7WZ80Fv4IM
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:21 am

ravinat wrote:Sorry, my rant continues...

SS had a couple of good flautists even last season. This time it seems to be a different guy and he is not up to the mark. Vijay tv can easily afford to get a live string section for these special episodes if they have the enthusiasm or interest. Indeed they did so last time, but maybe this time it was considered not worth the effort due to the age of the participants. Of course, it would have been a great experience and exposure for the kids, but I doubt Vijay tv cares much for that. Anyway, it was great to hear Viji Manuel's anecdote on IR's symphony writing.

Last edited by fring151 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:22 am

Drunkenmunk wrote:Manobala and Nassar basically saying Tamil society must introspect (I say it must go to hell). Brilliant.

Nasser's talk was nice.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:42 am

Looks like indiaglitz does not have people who can do English articles...

rombak kodumai Sad

It was best talking heard from maestro Isaignani Dr Ilayaraja by media and guests on Sunday night at Citadel Hotel in Bangalore.
Maestro on the way to Kollur Mookambika temple gave a brief presence for the audio release of his film 'Drishya' in Kannada.
In the merry mood maestro referred to only one silver jubilee film 'Padikkadavan' in the career of Tamil super star Rajanikanth was scored by him. When the music was ready for all the six songs the message came that one of the songs will be deleted. I told the producer and Rajanikanth that they will be missing one silver jubilee in that case. They did not do so and film went for silver jubilee disclosed maestro.
On the achievements of his period maestro in fluent Kannada said Guinness records beyond goes the work done. There were days of three films releasing on Deepavali festival time. I worked round the clock and I knew only music he pointed.
According to maestro music knows what to get from him. Remembering another occasion of Rajanikanth coming to him with a song the maestro said it was 'Kindara Jogi' Kannada film song that was made from one of the re-recordings of my films. When I replied why I should do the song again Rajanikanth understood the situation.
The moment of offer is important for me to accept. Other day a person from Hyderabad came to me to give offer. I said no I cannot. Once the commitment is made I would not go back he pointed.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kv Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:06 am

Cyclegapla, another new album (just two songs, though) is out - Dhrishya (Kannada).
Middling stuff, to be honest (anga konjam plich, inga konjam plich). Sharreth getting more chances under Raaja is a welcome sign.
http://desimu6.com/2014/06/drishya-2014-kannada-movie-songs-download.html

Last edited by kv on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
kv
kv

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 32 Empty temporary thread

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:51 pm

kv wrote:Cyclegapla, another new album (just two songs, though) is out - Dhrishya (Kannada).
Middling stuff, to be honest (anga konjam plich, inga konjam plich). Sharreth getting more chances under Raaja is a welcome sign.
http://desimu6.com/2014/06/drishya-2014-kannada-movie-songs-download.html
I liked it. Considering the budget, the soap dappa synth orch. makes sense though it may not be anywhere close in the bracket of great and the melodies worked for me.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:47 am

ஆயிரம் படம்ங்கறது ரொம்பப் பெரிய விஷயம்

நெலம...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:06 am

fring151 wrote:
Drunkenmunk wrote:Manobala and Nassar basically saying Tamil society must introspect (I say it must go to hell). Brilliant.

Nasser's talk was nice.

Why is that when Nasser talks about the thenRal vanthu song .. it is not mentioned that he also came up with the lyrics (did he not ?) ?

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next