Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

+32
groucho070
Punnaimaran
Shank
mayilSK
Bala (Karthik)
vicks
kv
Sakalakala Vallavar
sagi
rajkumarc
writeface
kamalaakarsh
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
D22_Malar
Balu
mythila
baroque
rajaclan
ravinat
Raaga_Suresh
irir123
irfan123
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
Wizzy
kiru
crimson king
V_S
fring151
Usha
plum
app_engine
36 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 16 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  crimson king Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:55 pm

^^^ Reverb on vocals in Hello Mr Ethirkatchi is also very vintage-sounding.  No doubt a wonderful sound engineer, the Alan Parsons of India.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 16 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:33 pm

Lingusamy = "link" samy, per VM

rotfl

(Picture link courtesy tweet by Chokkan sir)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:48 pm

app_engine wrote:Lingusamy = "link" samy, per VM

rotfl

(Picture link courtesy tweet by Chokkan sir)

Vairam wrote: இளையராஜா இப்பொழுது என்ன செய்ய வேண்டும் என்றால், அவர் மூத்த இசையோடு இளைய தமிழை சேர்த்து கொள்ள வேண்டும். மதன் கார்கி, கபிலன் போன்றவர்களோடு அவர் பணியாற்ற வேண்டும்.

I think Plum quoted this. Reading the above portion, I can't think any better reference too: http://splicd.com/g44dL7J32uY/760/842 Radha Ravi: Tamil Nadu buplic, Elder Gounder: Raaja, Younger Gounder: Yuvan, Elder Sendhil: Diamondu. nalla porutham  rotfl rotfl2 
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:28 pm

One more funny link :http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/bala-joins-with-ilayaraja-again-191943.html
ஜிவி பிரகாஷை விரட்டிவிட்டு மீண்டும் இளையராஜாவைத் தேடிப் போன பாலா

விரட்டிவிட்டுLaughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  baroque Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:25 am

Smile
baroque
baroque

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:16 pm

The Hindu article criticizing NA process

The absurdity of our National Awards process is best exemplified by the fact that not only music composer Ilayaraja was decorated the same year as his disciple A.R. Rahman but also that Dilip Kumar has been placed in the same league as Naseeruddin Shah and Aamir Khan!

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:21 pm

Review of a $75 Telugu book on MDs

It also speaks of Ilayaraja, though it names only three works by him.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:58 pm

app,

That book was sponsored by a person called Chimata Srinivas. He runs a site by the same name. I had been in Hyd during the time of the book release and attended the function in which Balu and Janaki participated. Srinivas is a big fan of Balu and believes Telugu FM went downhill after Raja.

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:15 am

Raaga_Suresh wrote:app,

That book was sponsored by a person called Chimata Srinivas. He runs a site by the same name. I had been in Hyd during the time of the book release and attended the function in which Balu and Janaki participated. Srinivas is a big fan of Balu and believes Telugu FM went downhill after Raja.
as long as he doesnt say it went downhill because of raaja - i am relieved. these days which hole has what snake no one knows..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:28 am

No way, Jai, Telugu desam enna unga tamizhnAdu mAdhiri dhrogigaLum, conspiratorgaLum, muttALgaLum niRaindha pradesamA? Andhra pradesamyA - we know to keep genius in the pedestal it deserves

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:33 am

plum wrote:No way, Jai, Telugu desam enna unga tamizhnAdu mAdhiri dhrogigaLum, conspiratorgaLum, muttALgaLum niRaindha pradesamA? Andhra pradesamyA - we know to keep genius in the pedestal it deserves

Indha karutha Ethukardhu konjam kashtam dhAn yen'nA podhuvAvE gultinAle konjam iLakAram thAn. irundhAlum karuthu solradhu nIngandra orE kAraNathukkAga vittudrEn...

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:59 am

No worries fring. Chimata is a great Raja fan and some of them together conducted a 'Raja Only' show in US (I think Bay Area). This was done by locals and I think there was one by SPB as well. I met one lady who had sung the Telugu version of 'ayiram thamarai mottukale' and she was good. So there are lot of Raja supporters in Bay Area and many of them are passionate fans, much more fanatic than many of us here Smile

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  kv Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:31 pm

A tribute to Illayaraja
"Listen to live performance by singers SP Balasubramanaiam, Archana Udupa and Anupama Bhat as they sing some of Illyaraja's best compositions."

Basavanagudi National Ground, 
Sun 26 Jan, 2014
[*]7:00 PM Onwards

http://bangalore.burrp.com/events/basavanagudi-national-ground_a-tribute-to-illayaraja/15224250257

Mafia planning to go?
kv
kv

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Kostin on Viji Manuel.  I came across somebody claiming Viji Manuel used to compose the bass parts for Ilayaraja.  Is that true...I mean, I haven't heard of the musicians contributing to the composing, for the most part.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:02 pm

crimson king wrote:Kostin on Viji Manuel.  I came across somebody claiming Viji Manuel used to compose the bass parts for Ilayaraja.  Is that true...I mean, I haven't heard of the musicians contributing to the composing, for the most part.

Koo is the claimant now? Anything starting again now? Link? As far as I know, no. Plum has already spoken strongly against this claim on twitter.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:13 pm

None from the gumbal, AFAIK.  Seems to be a legit IR fan, writes reams about IR's bass prowess in an orkut community called Bass guitar works of Ilayaraja.  As much as I am an admirer of Viji's wonderful keyboard playing, I had difficulty believing the claim, obviously.  Still,just wanted to check if anybody else has heard about this and whether there is any truth, rather than ruling it out without verifying.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:17 pm

I am posting a link to the exact page where he says this but I don't know if you would be able to access an orkut link. So copied the excerpt down here:

"Puthaandu Poothathu - January 1(1983) - solid Bass
goto thiraipaadal dot com and find this song in Album, Januaary 1

This song may sound like any other Baila/Goan song but the Bass guitar part is the real substance....Fabulous Bass notes scored, as usual, by Viji Manuel....

In Raaja's music till about mid 90's, Viji Manuel only composed the Bass part and helped Raaja in many departments like composing, arranging and recording....Bass guitar most probably played by Vasanth..."

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#CommMsgs?cmm=11779267&tid=2600022003180257178&na=2&npn=18&nid=

One R V Krishnan posted it, by the way.  As I said, has written pages and pages describing IR's songs in gushing terms.  I don't doubt his sincerity but do doubt the authenticity of his info.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:27 pm

இளையராஜா பற்றிய விமர்சனம் - சாரு நிவேதிதாவுக்கு பதிலடி!

கடைசியாக , ஏதோ கொஞ்சம் இசையில் ஆர்வமும் புரிதலும் உள்ளவன் என்ற முறையில் “இளையராஜா” என்பவர் இசையில் செய்த சாதனைகளில் முக்கியமான சாதனை என்று நான் நினைப்பது என்ன தெரியுமா? ஒரே வரியில் சொல்ல வேண்டுமென்றால்...

“ இசை ரசிப்பின் தரத்தை உயர்த்தியது!''

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Does he go by the name Eddie? Weird. That person got into an altercation with Ilayathalam which went overboard on both sides and Ilayathalam's responses were way too acerbic too. This claim was getting floated around that time. Imagine. Raaja is known for the speed of his notations. And he himself claimed Viji was awed by Raaja's speed and how Raaja didn't even jot down everything that's coming to his mind in the recent King of Kings concert telecast on Jaya last week. How is humanly possible in that Zen state to leave the bass portions out and give them to Viji to fill and write the rest? I respect Viji, but this is laughable imho.

PS: Tangentially related, but; Super Singer (judge, he isn't a super singer, ay, asku busku) Sreenivas and James Vasanthan have often spoken of Viji being a legend in capital letters and Sreeni gave him massive hype in an ASS episode. Of course, Viji might deserve all that but when Sreeni doesn't really go bonkers about IR's music, going bonkers about a musician in IR's troupe, however talented (to be called by IR himself as India's greatest pianist of his time), is funny for me. Sreeni oda general anti-IR view ungaLukku theriyin. But adhOda possible source: https://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2008/07/14/being-kamal-hassan/#comment-4605

JV has been writing some silly stuff directed towards IR (this: http://dbsjeyaraj.com/dbsj/archives/16856) in his blog and diplomatically doing stuffs like this: https://twitter.com/Vasanthan_James/status/426316517027102720 We know of their convo on Punchim da and ARR's music. ennavo JV'kum aairukkum. They are hence keen to support such theories slyly and it gains credibility among the buplic imho. Correct me if you feel I'm wrong.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:32 pm

crimson king wrote:
One R V Krishnan posted it, by the way.  As I said, has written pages and pages describing IR's songs in gushing terms.  I don't doubt his sincerity but do doubt the authenticity of his info.

aah thanks Smile this came in as I was posting that other long reply. Anyway, remove Eddie, my view stands, especially when more people are starting to make this claim.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:Does he go by the name Eddie? Weird. That person got into an altercation with Ilayathalam which went overboard on both sides and Ilayathalam's responses were way too acerbic too. This claim was getting floated around that time. Imagine. Raaja is known for the speed of his notations. And he himself claimed Viji was awed by Raaja's speed and how Raaja didn't even jot down everything that's coming to his mind in the recent King of Kings concert telecast on Jaya last week. How is humanly possible in that Zen state to leave the bass portions out and give them to Viji to fill and write the rest? I respect Viji, but this is laughable imho.

PS: Tangentially related, but; Super Singer (judge, he isn't a super singer, ay, asku busku) Sreenivas and James Vasanthan have often spoken of Viji being a legend in capital letters and Sreeni gave him massive hype in an ASS episode. Of course, Viji might deserve all that but when Sreeni doesn't really go bonkers about IR's music, going bonkers about a musician in IR's troupe, however talented (to be called by IR himself as India's greatest pianist of his time), is funny for me. Sreeni oda general anti-IR view ungaLukku theriyin. But adhOda possible source: https://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2008/07/14/being-kamal-hassan/#comment-4605

JV has been writing some silly stuff directed towards IR (this: http://dbsjeyaraj.com/dbsj/archives/16856) in his blog and diplomatically doing stuffs like this: https://twitter.com/Vasanthan_James/status/426316517027102720 We know of their convo on Punchim da and ARR's music. ennavo JV'kum aairukkum. They are hence keen to support such theories slyly and it gains credibility among the buplic imho. Correct me if you feel I'm wrong.

Exactly, IR has said that as fast as he writes, he still cannot transfer the ideas forming in his head quick enough on paper.  No, that person doesn't call himself Eddie.  If he is Eddie but pretended not to be there, I wouldn't know.  It is also possible that this Mr.Krishnan got the info from Eddie or one of the minions of Eddie and therefore believed it to be reliable info.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:41 pm

Sathya, engEyum eppOdhum movie's MD

பத்தாவது படிக்கும்போதே எனக்குத் திரையிசையின் மீது கவனம் திரும்ப ஆரம்பித்தது. காரணம் இளையராஜா. அவரின் இசையில் மூழ்கி, திரை இசைப் பாடல்களை ஹார்மோனியத்தில் வாசிக்கப் பழகினேன்.
ஒரு கட்டத்தில் இசையமைப்பாளர் பாலபாரதியிடம் உதவியாளராகச் சேர்ந்தேன். அவரும் இளையராஜாவின் விசிறி. நேரம் போவதே தெரியாமல் பேசிக்கொண்டிருப்போம்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:46 pm

On one of the YouTubes of a Raaja song, violin vicky had commented thus. Can't remember his exact words but he was certainly alluding that the bass parts were composed by Viji. Cant remember the song too.

Knowing Raaja, I know this is impossible, but the name Violin Vicky has prompted me to even mention this here.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:49 pm

Nerd wrote:On one of the YouTubes of a Raaja song, violin vicky had commented thus. Can't remember his exact words but he was certainly alluding that the bass parts were composed by Viji. Cant remember the song too.

Knowing Raaja, I know this is impossible, but the name Violin Vicky has prompted me to even mention this here.

Read description:

Folks who know Vicky personally (Raaga_Suresh ji?) can directly ask. I am curious to know too.

Edit: This comment, by the son of the bass guitarist of this song pins the bass composition of this song to Viji too: https://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=hkZPD1yYsc-ncey72t0fADzdyx7vDFZ8ohjnygTp9Ao
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:10 pm

I would like somebody to ask Ilaya Thalam @FB about this  Razz

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next