Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions on ARR

+22
prakash
counterpoint
rajkumarc
groucho070
Bala (Karthik)
sagi
mayilSK
Raaga_Suresh
vicks
V_S
kv
Wizzy
Usha
Drunkenmunk
crimson king
fring151
jaiganesh
layman10
dilbert
kiru
plum
app_engine
26 posters

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Discussions on ARR - Page 11 Empty Re: Discussions on ARR

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:19 pm

crimson king wrote:Saar, partial victory, we are making progress. Three takeaways:
1. He landed a nice kuttu on murthy's mottamandai.
2. He acknowledged (in the comments) that these days ARR is indulging in factual inaccuracy.
3. Most importantly, he admitted that just because ARR gave cassette credits doesn't mean IR is not great for not doing so.adhu adhu, appidi va da thapli.

and the neetrals who follow him are slowly but surely agreeing with him. At least, surface level la mafia = maniacs nu othukkittAlAvadhu pOdhum, ippodhikki. Holier than thou thalaila kuttu vecha mAri irukkum.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:23 pm

The problem, as commented by Sureshji on that milliblog FB page, is that of comparing passionate IRF's with ARR's paid propaganda machinery (Murthy, Srinivas).

Never will such passionate IRF's get any endorsement from rAsA for their views - simply because they are not (necessarily) HIS. And, such comments / articles / statements etc simply come from ordinary people who simply write their feelings out of gratitude for the great music, not getting any penny from maestro. They are never OFFICIAL statements of IR.

OTOH, "orchestra revival", "high-speed-composing" kind of falsehoods are from paid workers of ARR's studio and it is highly possible that those are endorsed or even designed by ARR & his team.

Both should not be compared & confused.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:38 pm

app_engine wrote:1. Those fellows whose name got printed had CREATIVE INPUTs
Exactly! This is what I have been screaming all these years. There is a huge difference in IR not crediting fellow musicians vs ARR crediting. ARR has to do it otherwise his conscience will prick him as they are not his original compositions, it is a team work (I would even add that even this crediting is not enough as the 'composer' tag in every album cover only bears his name and only in the musicians tags others appear which would give a false impression that they only played). With respect to IR, he need not do that as every note we hear is from IR's brain and IR only, not stolen from others. Even there as App ji pointed out, he as credited when needed. Every time this issue has been blown out of proportion with such silly comparisons.

Last edited by V_S on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:46 pm

app_engine wrote:The problem, as commented by Sureshji on that milliblog FB page, is that of comparing passionate IRF's with ARR's paid propaganda machinery (Murthy, Srinivas).

Never will such passionate IRF's get any endorsement from rAsA for their views - simply because they are not (necessarily) HIS. And, such comments / articles / statements etc simply come from ordinary people who simply write their feelings out of gratitude for the great music, not getting any penny from maestro. They are never OFFICIAL statements of IR.

OTOH, "orchestra revival", "high-speed-composing" kind of falsehoods are from paid workers of ARR's studio and it is highly possible that those are endorsed or even designed by ARR & his team.

Both should not be compared & confused.

Of course. avinga puridhalukku idhuvE perusungarEn.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:53 pm

*Documenting for posterity*

In the same interview Murthy saar did mention that singers are allowed to improvise and if what they do is good it will be included. Like Nithyashree once commented in ASS, singers go in as singers and come out as co-composers.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:08 pm

so Milli the neetral observer is playing arbiter now whtya fall from arrmp3 days  laugh 
end of the say isn't that composer's prerogative to name/not to name the players, what has
end listener get by knowing whether the flute is played by Arunmozhi or Sudhakar unless you are a 100 word reviewer who fills up by compiling the album credits..say Raaja uses 50 piece orchestra records 10 songs over 5 albums in a day, wouldn't giving credits be a exercise in futility? comparing this to all the canards spread by AR/associates..adhum/edhum onna  Evil or Very Mad
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:44 am

Nerd wrote:*Documenting for posterity*

In the same interview Murthy saar did mention that singers are allowed to improvise and if what they do is good it will be included. Like Nithyashree once commented in ASS, singers go in as singers and come out as co-composers.

Did she really say that ? One episode I saw Unnikrishnan wanted to say something like that , but he curtailed himself and said, "I will let her say it herself".
I doubt any of these musicians will come out and claim too much credit in public .. they need Rahman (after all one who comes up with the tune is the king) and they get a fantastic pay check !!! It is like being in one or the other personality dominated "Dravidian" parties :-)

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:21 pm

laugh laugh
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:53 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:

laugh laugh

Enna kandrAvii'nga idhu? Sahikkkkkkala. Idhudhaan nejamaave avar kurala or has it been autotuned to death?

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:58 pm

fring151 wrote:
Enna kandrAvii'nga idhu? Sahikkkkkkala. Idhudhaan nejamaave avar kurala or has it been autotuned to death?

Waiting now for the couple of million views and the few thousand likes. As it is, twitter'la this is going viral cool3 
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:05 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:
fring151 wrote:

Waiting now for the couple of million views and the few thousand likes. As it is, twitter'la this is going viral cool3 

Good, thanks for the objective confirmation of the song's merit. Oru second'ku naa thaan romba biased'O nu light'a oru doubtu, . Your prompt reply has rendered self-introspection redundant.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:40 am

V_S wrote:
app_engine wrote:1. Those fellows whose name got printed had CREATIVE INPUTs
Exactly! This is what I have been screaming all these years. There is a huge difference in IR not crediting fellow musicians vs ARR crediting. ARR has to do it otherwise his conscience will prick him as they are not his original compositions, it is a team work (I would even add that even this crediting is not enough as the 'composer' tag in every album cover only bears his name and only in the musicians tags others appear which would give a false impression that they only played). With respect to IR, he need not do that as every note we hear is from IR's brain and IR only, not stolen from others. Even there as App ji pointed out, he as credited when needed. Every time this issue has been blown out of proportion with such silly comparisons.
From what we have seen in the vinyl covers thread of this site, it is clear that Raaja tried to get the instrumentalists name in the cassette and records, but got super busy and couldnt follow through on it. So even this slide attack on Raasa doesnt stick. Yaedho these fellows with blogs think they can preach anything to anyone, little realising that everytime they open their big mouth it is only their bias and hatred towards real genius that oozes out and not an honest opinion.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:15 am

http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/lights-camera-conversation-on-the-beaten-path/

There is a probability that the comment section may provide some fun Very Happy

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:36 am

Intriyoo with Mumbai Mirror. Mani's next is a bilingual and a private album of ARR's releasing on Feb 27. Btw, he's collaborating with rappers on his to-be-released Aalywood flick: http://www.mumbaimirror.com/entertainment/bollywood/On-the-right-note/articleshow/30413298.cms  Laughing 
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:11 pm

DM had shared this forbes article about ARR's so called spontaneity.  Well, I have finished reading the book  - Peter Bergman's 18 minutes - he referred to in that article.  Er, the 18 minutes Bergman talks about has no relation to ARR's statement that he only spends 20 minutes, max 30 on composing in a day.  The 18 minutes Bergman talks about are intended to focus your mind on your AGENDA.  5 minutes in the morning, a 1 minute refocus every hour and 5 minutes in the evening.  That is NOT creation, ideation time at all, that is organising time.  I don't know why journalists pretentiously reference books that are unrelated to the article.  This is not even cooleth, it's just dumb once you know what the book is actually about.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  mayilSK Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:11 am

Nerd wrote:*Documenting for posterity*

Hope you also watched the episode where ARR's musicians where invited. One of them said this 'I started as a composing player'. I didn't understand it then and it'd be great any of you guys could explain this 'term' to me. What does it mean?
mayilSK
mayilSK

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:01 am

This was on my FB feed today.

https://www.facebook.com/arrahman/posts/10151958706431720

"Why do people only know me as Mozart of Madras. I really wish people would compare me with Beethoven also. Sigh, no one makes this comparison even though I was the first one to introduce orchestral music in India"

*Contemplates, updates fb status*

"I am embarrassed that my fans call me Beethoven of Bollywood. I am humbled, but please don't say such things".

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:05 am

Hahahaha Fring. I was just about to post this here. Best was one comment: "Dilip..what a gr8 name..Its actions which makes u happy or sad not NAME  Don't you miss ur 1st love calling you by 1st name?" lol! 

btb, Beethoven of Bollywood eppo da? LOL appo Telugula oru padam pOttA Thyagaraja of Tollywood aa?

Also, Isaipuyal'ukku cut outtu, Mozart, Beethovenu'kku get out'tA? oru vELa idhu dhAn humility'yo? Razz 
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:15 am

P1: avar romba humbleAm
P2: yaru sonnA?
P1: avarE sonnAr!

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:23 am

drunkenmunk wrote:appo Telugula oru padam pOttA Thyagaraja of Tollywood aa?

(In Gounder English): No no, bloody, what nonsense. Toscanini of Tollywood.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:27 am

plum wrote:P1: avar romba humbleAm
P2: yaru sonnA?
P1: avarE sonnAr!

IR andrE sonnAr (courtesy DM's share in the forum here https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t149p15-must-read-must-see-ir-related-articles-and-interviews)

Ilayaraja wrote:நமது பழந்தமிழ் நூல்களில் கூரப்பட்ட ஒருசெய்தி நினைவுக்கு வந்தது. இறைவன் தன்னைப் பற்றி தன் அடியார்களுக்கு அவனே தெரிவிக்கவில்லை என்றால் அடியார்களுக்கு அவனை பற்றி அறிய வாய்ப்பே இல்லாது போய்விடும்; அதனால் இறைவன் தன் அருமை பெருமைகளை தானே சொல்வதுப்போல், கல்வியில் புலமைமிக்கவர், கல்வி அறிவில்லாதவர்கள் மத்தியில், தங்கள் கல்வி புலமையை தாங்களே அறிவிப்பதில் தவறே இல்லை. அப்பிடி அறிவிக்காவிட்டால் ஒன்றும் அறியாதவர்களுக்கு கல்வியின் அருமைகள் எப்படித் தெரியும்? என்று குறிப்பிட்டு உ.வே.சா. ஐயர் எழுதியதை நான் படிக்க நேர்ந்ததால், நானும் என்னைப் பற்றி சொல்லிவிட்டால், உங்களுக்கும் உலகிற்கும் தெரியாது போய் விடுமே என்ற காரணத்தால் மேற்கண்ட செய்தி குப்பைகளை உங்கள் மேல் கொட்ட வேண்டியதாயிற்று.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:33 am

drunkenmunk wrote:I was just about to post this here. Best was one comment: "Dilip..what a gr8 name..Its actions which makes u happy or sad not NAME  Don't you miss ur 1st love calling you by 1st name?" Discussions on ARR - Page 11 Lol 

Epdi fb commentsalaam porumaya padikkaringa. Though it is probably worth it for these rare gem of comments.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:52 am

fring151 wrote:
Epdi fb commentsalaam porumaya padikkaringa. Though it is probably worth it for these rare gem of comments.

ada nAn enga adhellAm thEdi edukka? https://twitter.com/atlasdanced/status/436331989977669632  Laughing 
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:17 am

Challu Bhai http://www.abplive.in/video/video_movies/2014/02/28/article270458.ece/Salman-calls-Rahman-%E2%80%98average%E2%80%99#.UxBGBfmk-uJ  Razz 
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:53 pm

Even it is for fun, I find it's too silly of Salman. You can make fun, not in public, shameful act.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next