Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerts of Raaja

+42
raagakann
counterpoint
irir123
nambik
V_S
irfan123
soco_sri
ank
panniapurathar
baroque
mayilSK
mythila
crimson king
ravinat
Drunkenmunk
fring151
Usha
vicks
D22_Malar
mavurundai
layman10
sheepChase
Raaga_Suresh
jaiganesh
rajkumarc
Sanjeevi
Karthikeyan
writeface
groucho070
Sakalakala Vallavar
SenthilVinu
equanimus
kiru
Admin
kameshratnam
Wizzy
kv
skr
Bala (Karthik)
plum
app_engine
sagi
46 posters

Page 11 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Go down

Concerts of Raaja - Page 11 Empty Re: Concerts of Raaja

Post  Raaga_Suresh Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:46 pm

Kana Praba's review of the Melbourne Concert (in Tamil)

http://www.radiospathy.com/2013/09/blog-post_8521.html

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:53 am

Thanks Ushaji for the song list and Suresh saar for sharing the write up. Will I ever get to see Raja live in concert.. sigh.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:10 pm

Raaga_Suresh wrote:Kana Praba's review of the Melbourne Concert (in Tamil)

If the report is true, I have to rant about one thing that Raja does repeatedly - losing score sheets. What is there to be proud about it? It's great for Prabhakar to write the scores after listening to the CD. However, it is bad housekeeping to lose score sheets constantly. This happened with HTNI/NBW concerts too.

Somebody should seriously convert Raja's short score into proper long score format and there are software tools to preserve these. Bad management of IP - please do not cover up.

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:30 pm

ravinat wrote:

If the report is true, I have to rant about one thing that Raja does repeatedly - losing score sheets. What is there to be proud about it? It's great for Prabhakar to write the scores after listening to the CD. However, it is bad housekeeping to lose score sheets constantly. This happened with HTNI/NBW concerts too.

Somebody should seriously convert Raja's short score into proper long score format and there are software tools to preserve these. Bad management of IP - please do not cover up.
Yes, it is very sad. IR is so westernized, why in this aspect he is not so. One more thing is the presence of two conductors on stage (Puru and IR) :-)

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:21 am

ravinat wrote:

If the report is true, I have to rant about one thing that Raja does repeatedly - losing score sheets. What is there to be proud about it? It's great for Prabhakar to write the scores after listening to the CD. However, it is bad housekeeping to lose score sheets constantly. This ☺happened with HTNI/NBW concerts too.

sir, one of my pet peeves. I also dream of a project where we digitise the scores and preserve them forever. i have no clue how to start this project but ungaLa mAdhiri AL guide paNNA nallA irukkum...indha forum moolam vaazhkaila uruppadiyA paNNa koodiya kAryam adhu dhAnnu nenaikkaREN

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:47 pm

plum wrote:
ravinat wrote:

If the report is true, I have to rant about one thing that Raja does repeatedly - losing score sheets. What is there to be proud about it? It's great for Prabhakar to write the scores after listening to the CD. However, it is bad housekeeping to lose score sheets constantly. This ☺️happened with HTNI/NBW concerts too.

sir, one of my pet peeves. I also dream of a project where we digitise the scores and preserve them forever. i have no clue how to start this project but ungaLa mAdhiri AL guide paNNA nallA irukkum...indha forum moolam vaazhkaila uruppadiyA paNNa koodiya kAryam adhu dhAnnu nenaikkaREN
Plum

I am no expert in sight reading nor am I any good with staff notations. This is the hard part of WCM that requires constant practice and even when you can do good sight reading, there is no guarantee that you are good at writing notes. I can point to software products that help capture these notations and more importantly generate a midi file that can be played by any modern synthesizer. However, your are out of luck with me beyond that.

Most of the 'younger' composers create their 'experiments' using a AWS and most AWSs are capable of generating the score sheet based on the 'experiment' - that's how today's music-by-accident is created Very Happy

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:15 pm

They could just scan the sheets and store it on a computer but given his volume of work, that's easier said than done.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Looks like they are trying a different format in Malaysia

Maestro ‘Isaignani’ Ilayaraaja – Live Concert in Malaysia on 28 December, 2013

Ilayaraja was one of the earliest Indian film composers to use western classical music harmonies and string arrangements in his music scores. This multi-talented persona had compassion to music, thinking way ahead of his time and place soul and live into his compositions. Ilayaraja had composed over 4,500 songs and provided big time hit film scores for more than 950 films in various languages. As he gained fame over the early 80’s and leading to the 90’s during his peak of producing excellent music scores, Ilayaraja was conferred the title “Isaignani”,or “The Maestro”, a niche title accorded only to the finest and best music composers of our time.

Now, Ilayaraja is set to perform live at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on December 28 along with Yuvan Shankar Raja, Karthik Raja his orchestra and a troupe of talented singers.

About the event

• 90 Artists, performers, musicians and crews are expected to participate.
  • The four hour concert will include music performances, dance and comedy sketches.
  • The concert is targeted to unite the multi racial citizens of Malaysia as music is an effective tool in bringing people together.
  • 25,000 spectators are expected to attend the live concert.

Venue
Venue: Merdeka Stadium, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Capacity: 25,000
Date: 28 December 2013
Time: 7.40 PM-11.40 PM
Items RED COLORED (by me) are kind of new for a rAsA concert Shocked
Not sure if it will go well with him...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Karthik Raja & King of Kings

‘கிங் ஆஃப் கிங்ஸ்’ என்ற டைட்டிலுடன் ஒரு பிரம்மாண்டமான இசை நிகழ்ச்சியை டிசம்பர் 28 ஆம் தேதி மலேசியாவில் நடத்துகிறார் கார்த்திக் ராஜா. இதில் இளையராஜா, எஸ்.பி.பி., மனோ, சித்ரா உட்பட பிரபல பின்னணி பாடகர் பாடகிகளும் கலந்து கொள்கின்றனர்.

இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் இளையராஜாவின் இசையில் 80-களில் வெளியான படங்களிலிருந்து பாடல்களை பாடுகிறார்கள். மேலும் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியின் சிறப்பம்சம் என்னவென்றால் இதுவரை எந்த மேடைக் கச்சேரிகளும் பாடியிருக்காத இளையராஜாவின் அரிதினும், அரிதான பாடல்களை மெட்டி ஒலி, ஜனனி ஜனனி போன்ற ரசிகர்களுக்கு பிடித்தமான பாடல்களை பாட இருக்கிறார்கள்.

இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியின் பிரஸ்மீட்டில் தான் கலந்து கொண்ட கார்த்திக் ராஜாவிடன் உங்களை சமீபகாலமாக எந்த படங்களிலும் பார்க்க முடியவில்லை, எங்க போயிருந்தீங்க? என்று கேள்வி முன் வைக்கப்பட்டது.

அதற்கு பதிலளித்த அவர் இந்தக் கேள்வியை நீங்க என்கிட்ட கேட்கக் கூடாது, டைரக்டர்கள் கிட்ட தான் கேட்கணும், ஏன்னா எந்த டைரக்டரும் என்னை மியூசிக் பண்ண கூப்பிடுறதில்லை என்றார். அதனால் தான் நான் இசை நிகழ்ச்சிகளை நடத்த வேண்டிய கட்டாயத்துக்கு தள்ளப்பட்டேன் என்ற கூடுதல் வருத்தத்தையும் அவர் முகத்தில் பார்க்க முடிந்தது.
I don't like that "80's songs" thingy. Why KR why?

The family itself should not reduce the IR phenomenon this way Sad

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  D22_Malar Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:06 am

The complete song list of the KL concert 

1. Kadavul Vaazhthu (U1, Bhavatha , Karthik Raja)
2.Janani-janani (IR live conference , he sang pallavi only)
3.Janani-janani (Bhavatha)
4.Om Shivoham (Haricharan)
5.Amma endru azhaikatha (U1,Bhavatha,KR)
6.Tholin Mele (SPB,chorus)
7.Chinnapoo chinnapoo (Bhavatha)
8.Chinna manikkuyile (SPB)
9.Oh priya-priya (Mano,KSC)
10.Netru intha neram (Ramya NSK)
11.Metti oli kaatrodu(Senthil, Vasu)
12.Pani vizhum iravu (Krish, new female singer)
13.Enna satham intha Neram (SPB)
14.Santhaikku vantha kili (SPB & Anitha)
15.En kanmani en kathali (SPB & Shalini , Mano , Anitha)
16.Shenbagame (Mano)
17.Poove ilayapoove (Haricharan)
18.Anantha raagam (Uma Ramanan)
19.Germaniyin senthen malare (SPB & Bhavatha)
20.Vanitha mani (SPB , Reetha , Sathyan)
21.Vettiveru vaasam (Shalini & Aalap Raju - * i think)
22.Pallikoodam pogamale, april mayile , Ennulle-ennulle (Medley by the chorus)
23.Vaan Pole (SPB & KSC)
24.Rojavai Thalattum (SPB & KSC)
25.Engiruntho azhaikkum (Mano & Surmukhi)
26.Nila Kayuthu (Haricharan & Anitha)
27.Vaa vaa Pakkam vaa (SPB & Shalini)
28.Aagaya gangai (SPB & Local female singer)
29.Pothuvaga en manasu (Yugendran)
30.Vechalum vaikama ponalum (Krish & Reetha)
31.Thendral Vanthu teendum pothu (U1 & KSC)
32.Kattavandi-kattavandi (Sathyan & Senthil)
33.Nila athu vanathu (U1 & Anitha)
34.Kathal Kasakkuthaiya (U1 & Premgi)
35.Sorgame endralum (Venkat Prabhu & KSC)
36. Ilamai itho itho (SPB)
37.Medley of songs (IR +U1's compositions) (Venkat Prabhu,U1,all the singers)

There were a lot of crowd that day, I would say close 20,000 for sure. Who are these XYZ's going around telling all these rumours!!! Vitta mic set kattenavaru, tent pottavaru , tube light vadagaikku kuduthavaru , ivange mattumthaan irunthangennu solluvange pola!   angry2

May be some retrieved their tickets knowing that IR was not attending. SPB also mentioned this in in the beginning of the concert to IR via the live chat, saying 'nee varalle nnu terinjathum ettena tickets tirumba vangittange'. 

Overall, the attendance was quite satisfying. I will write more,covering the whole event. Please bear with me, end of the year. too many one leave. a bit tied up.
D22_Malar
D22_Malar

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:16 am

D22_Malar wrote:
There were a lot of crowd that day, I would say close 20,000 for sure. Who are these XYZ's going around telling all these rumours!!! Vitta mic set kattenavaru, tent pottavaru , tube light vadagaikku kuduthavaru , ivange mattumthaan irunthangennu solluvange pola!   angry2

May be some retrieved their tickets knowing that IR was not attending. SPB also mentioned this in in the beginning of the concert to IR via the live chat, saying 'nee varalle nnu terinjathum ettena tickets tirumba vangittange'. 

Overall, the attendance was quite satisfying. I will write more,covering the whole event. Please bear with me, end of the year. too many one leave. a bit tied up.

Thanks a lot Malar. Take your time. Happy new year to you and your family. Also, mudunja twitter ku vandhu oru account pOdunga. makkaL angerndhu kEttAnga ungaLa vara solli. Immediate'aa update kuduthudalaam indha mAri vishayangaLLa Smile
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  D22_Malar Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Thanks for the wishes DM, You have a good year ahead Smile
D22_Malar
D22_Malar

Back to top Go down

Post  D22_Malar Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Here's my take of the evening :.
Sorry, for the delay…
Pardon me for my relatively boring narration,do bear with me J
Now before anyone doze off…let me begin…

Kings of Kings KL
Date: 28/12/2013
Venue : KL, Malaysia

The programme was scheduled to start at 7.40 pm. We reached there abit late , it was nearly 8pm and the show was yet to start. Some programmes were going on involving the DJs from the local radio station Minnal FM.
We reached to our seats, settled down. The weather was just in the mood for Raaja Music, as there were no signs of rain. Clear sky..thankfully…
Ok, after some ehem, hem ,lights checked, mic checks, they started off the night. Initially I thought Karthik Raaja was the emcee. He adressed the crowd, expressed his father’s wish to be here. KR said, that he was very much shaken when he has to be there during IR’s angio plasty. He broke down ,not being able to continue to speak. It was really wrenching to see him getting emotional such way…He mentioned that numerous IR fans, well wishers offered their prayers and support. The crowd went completely silent, until Venkat Prabhu walked in and comforted KR. The show had to go on,so KR pulled himself together and continued.
Assuming that KR was the emcee of the evening.But, suddenly out of the backstage a lady in a black saree walked to the center stage. It seems to me like a last minute decision to bring in Mrs Suhasini Maniratnam . She came, she started off with the usual ‘’I’m Raja sir’s crazy fan just like you all here, his music in my blood, my soul’’….. She somehow restrained herself from repeating the same words from previous concerts. Without further adue, they started off the evening, with Kadavul Vaazhthu. Sung by KR, Bhavatha & U1.
Next came the most important moment of the whole evening, IR’s live conference. The moment his face was shown in the screen, there was a seconds of silence and then the crowd went beserk. It took a while for the claps to slow down and stop eventually. I couldn’t hear his initial words due to that. But, IR greeted everyone, and started to sing his priyamaana janani-janani. It appeared to be abit of a struggle. His voice was shaky, and he looked tired and a bit fragile. As I have mentioned earlier, it was very hard for me to see him like that.  The IR that I rememember from numerous interviews, concerts (courtesy of internet & TV) mostly. He smiled, that magnetic , charismatic smile lifted up the spirit of the people reassuring them, that he’s gonna be ok.
He said, even if he couldn’t be there in person, his mind and heart was here. Saying that his music is always there to accompany his fans where ever they go.IR also mentioned that the orchestra will give their best of the best performance today as they have been practising diligiently since November.He wrapped up the first part of the live chat.
The show continued with the next song ‘Janani janani’ rendered by none other than IR’s puttiri Bhavatha. Needless to say from me, apart from IR I don’t enjoy the song sung by anyone else. That is his song, his soul , his voice is makes that song. She was supported by the chorus consisting Senthil, and few other male singers. Some of them were completely new.  The evening was then resumed by Haricharan with ‘Om Shivoham’. My god, the moment the udukkai (correct me if I’s wrong to name the instrument) sound started, I felt goosebump. What a song and orchestra…..Extraordinary work from the orchestra team.
Suhasini came again, she hinted that the next song is a amma song. KR, Bhavatha,U1 sang the song, before they could start Suhasini asked them to say a few words about their mother. Unanimously, all three of them explained that their mother played a major role encouraging them in their musical endeavours. Bhavatha, commented that she still miss her mother till this day’. The song, yes you have correctly guessed it ‘Amma endrazhaikkatha’. Well, I’m leaving it your imagination how the rendering would have. The song needed a strong presence, but they delivered their best.
For me, the major key player for the whole evening lied on the shoulders of this magnanimous voiced man, literally. He’s none other than our very own SPB.. He was very cheerfully entertaining every one not only with that magnetic voice, but his share of jokes. I think it was needed to somehow compensate the absense of his dearest friend. He addressed everyone, and with his very sanskrity’’ words quoted how much IR and his music means to him. SPB said that they (IR and him) were born to compliment eah other’s voice and music. How true those words were!
An unusual choice of a song, ‘Tholin mele baaram’ . When Jaycha, started playing the Congas, one couldn’t guess the song, probably, it was the least or not espected at all of a song. SPB just lifted his voice, and started.. singing tholin mele baaram illai’’kelvi kekka raja illai’ . quick switted sense of humour sir, indeed. J The orchestra did a faboulous job again.
Then, came Bhavatha with ‘Chinna poo chinna poo.Again, an unexpected choice of a song. KR mentioned most of these songs are his favourites.

The next entry was ‘get the job done’ Mano. He started ‘Oh priya priya. But the keyboardist intercepted the singing with the ‘chinna manikuyile prelude harmonium bit’. It was a comical moment, Mano requesting the keyboardist ‘nee ennappa un bit vasikkere, en paaattukku vasi’. Then Mano sang the second ‘en priya priya, again was intercepted with 2nd harmonium bit of chinnamani kuyile. SPB came in jokingly telling, ‘nee poda, poda. Then , he continued with the rest of the song. Some hiccups with the tempo, but needless to say , our man just pulled off the song without much effort.
It was the next song, when SPB jokingly said the next singer is NSK’s patti/grandmother , joined by Suhasini who also called out NSK’s paati. Ramya NSK, who came with a sweet smile on her face. She rendered ‘Netru intha neram’. Again, an odd choice of a song. Not a crowd pleaser of a song , I could see it from the people’s reactions. Maybe it’s the choice of a song. Not for Malaysian palette, one could guess easily.
The next song of the evening was ‘Metti oli kaatrodu’. It was a pleasant shock for me. What a subtle, pleasant song with the intricated surprised gently layered all along the song. It was sung by Senthil, Vasu. I didn’t know that man possesses such a soft , breezy voice. Fit for the song… They did a commendable job with the song.
There no fillers, no guests invited to talk in between the songs, except the occasional Suhasini’s announcement about the songs. And the singers mentioning how grateful they were to sing iR songs and being a fan,, You know the usual ABCs…
Then, the beautiful Mounaragam BGM was played by Satha. Wow.. it was such a breezy one.. Thank you Satha sir. It was such a delight watching you… The song that followed was ‘Pani vizhum iravu’ by Krish and a new singer, I think her name was Anisha… Krish did a wonderful job… Understanding the nuances and the feel the song needed…. At the end of the song, Krish said that he’s a great fan of IR.. and very proud to be living in the time of this great maestro.
Then came, SPB again, this time with the impeccable ‘Enna satham intha neram’. The orchestra did a brilliant job. It was a smooth ride, the conductor of the night Prabhakar , took his job very seriuosly and was excelling in his duty of the night. The pauses, and the feel of the song was soulfully done, by SPB. Effortlessly cool….
Another unusual pick was, ‘Santhaikku vantha kili’. Rendered by SPB and Reetha. Initially, there some hiccups, the orchestra going too fast. But after the pallavi, it came in together. I could hear some exclaims amongst the crowd, ‘they could have chose more popular songs’ Well , I didn’t mind. In most concerts we hear the same songs repeatedly. This time, the choise of songs were different and fresh.
D22_Malar
D22_Malar

Back to top Go down

Post  D22_Malar Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Will continue... it's almost a week.... Embarassed
D22_Malar
D22_Malar

Back to top Go down

Post  D22_Malar Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Oh dear , I completely missed out the second live conference of IR. Mannichu… Actually, he appeared after the Tholin mele song, and it was surprisingly funny, that IR quoted about SPB singing ‘kelvi kekke raaja illa’, IR said, since im not there you are singing your own lyrics uh? J He was in a much more easy mannered, comfortable state than the first chat. SPB said, if you could grow wings, you would just fly to KL wouldn’t you? IR responded naan ange vanthuthaan ithai paarkanumnu ille Balu, my heart is always at the right place. My fans are downloading 1000/2000 songs of mine. What can I ever do to repay them. If I could I would like to come again to Msia myself to fulfill the fans wishes of meeting me. The delay in the chat caused confusions and the conversation didn’t go smoothly. Hence, that the last of the chat. They
I’m still undecided about the next song, It’s a mix feeling really. They could have avoided it if you can’t do some justice. ‘En Kanmani en kathali’. SPB told the story behind the recording, how it was done those days. Well, we cant argue on the techniques how the song was composed and recorded, A proud bracn shild of IR. The song was sung by SPB and the counter voice given by Mano, who SPB called his vaarisu, because Mano sound very much like him. For Mano humbly took the credit and the crowd’s aplauses. It was so and so if you ask me, the female portions were supported by Pop shalini, and Anitha being the counter. Some songs are not meant for live concerts I suppose, Mano trying to mimmick ‘Inthamma karuvattu kuda munnadi po’ disasterously uttered something else . It was more like a mockery, to which SPB couldn’t hold his laugh, and started laughing till the end of the song, Managed to finish the song. Then, he chellamai kobichikke with Mano’Yenda appdi panne’ ? Mano trying to salvage, saying that how it is in the song. The crowd had a good laugh too.
Mano was solo this time, singing ‘Shenbagame’shenbagame’. The flautist Nepoleon@ Arun Mozhi supported beautifully with that magical fluttes of his. Breathing his soul in the flutes, even the entire show he was so careful with his notes and put on a tough fight with the arrays of violinists who were doing an extraordinary job.
If you all could go back to Kanmani nee vara kaathirunthen’  song, one would recall this actress, who has been missing from mainstream media/cinema. I have not seen her in a very long time. Yes, people you have guessed it. It was actress Jayshree, who was flown from California according to Suhasini. They both did a bit a skit , to introduce the next song. Suhasini was to read the tamil lines, to which Jayshree translated them in to the Californian / American accent english. Ithukkagathaan avange califormnialerthu vanthangelaa nnu kekkapadathu ok ? J  It was a light hearted moment. Shared by both of the yesteryear actresses.  Haricharan, took our breaths away with ‘Poove ilayapoove’ . The moment he goes, madi meethum thengum thene, enakku thaane’… it was a race between the heart and the violins…. Excellent rendering. ..
Then, it was Uma ramanan’s turn with ‘Anantha raagam’. What a precision, pristine singing, accompanying her with sheer brilliant ludes….Unfortunately she sang only one song. I was hoping for her to sing a few more, SPB complimented her saying that she has sung many beautiful songs for IR. Truly, a singer who deserves more applauds for her work. It’s sad to see many of these talents not getting enough accolades.  
Moving on, SPB with Bhavatha sang ‘Germaniyin senthen malare’. SPB teased Bhavatha saying that her paper(lyics) holding stand was far too tall for her. He requested Vasu to asjust it for her. She adjusted the stand herself with all smiles.Well, the song again needed a strong presence. This is SJ or KSC alley, for sure. To be continued with ‘Vanitha mani vanamohini’ , with Sathya singing the initial portion of ‘Kanne kattikava with Reetha. Undisputedly, it was SPB using his voice wizardry for the whole song. Reetha, easy on the eyes and a sweet voice.

Next, to be followed with ‘Veti veru vaasam’ by ‘Pop Shalini and a new singer, I’m not sure whether it’s Aalap Raju or there was another singer in the chorus named Harish. I have always felt Muthal Mariyathai songs are very nostalgic. This song was invoking that nostalgia for me. Shalini did a commendable job with the rendition, the male singer seem to be trying his level best. With that being said, it’s not easy to attempt to sing or orchestrate these types of masterpieces. The orchestra comes to play again with their skills and wizardry. I often felt, does all intruments play /makes music like this or are the notes by IR or are the musicians playing this…
D22_Malar
D22_Malar

Back to top Go down

Post  D22_Malar Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:01 pm

part 3 to be cotinued
D22_Malar
D22_Malar

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi Malar,
Thanks a lot for your nice recount of the KL concert. From what little bits I heard, the orchestra seems to be the key differentiator . Kudos to Raja's crew for recreating the magic. SPB and Chitra would have made up for the glaring lacunae in the singers department

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:46 pm

KL concert is on TV, gawd how much difference one man could make, teacherless classroom, from orchestra to singers and U1 for Thendral Vanthu , kill me now..naarasam will be an understatement, props to the crowd for their patience/not resorting to riots noteworthy the clap
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:09 pm

D22_Malar wrote:singing tholin mele baaram illai’’kelvi kekka raja illai’ . quick switted sense of humour sir, indeed

actually an honest summation of the show, even the audio conked and was like listening to a real media stream through a 56k modem.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  kv Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:41 pm

Malar, nigazhchi paththi virivaa ezhudhinathuku mikka nandri.

I caught only about an hour of the concert today. The audio transmission was terrible and the sound kept breaking. I don't know if this was a general issue with Tatasky today or some signal problem in my area but it botched up the concert experience big-time. :kandrAvee:
kv
kv

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:48 pm

Fantastic job D22_Malar!

You're bringing the stage alive in this thread!!

Waiting for part 3...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:52 pm

kv wrote:Malar, nigazhchi paththi virivaa ezhudhinathuku mikka nandri.

I caught only about an hour of the concert today. The audio transmission was terrible and the sound kept breaking. I don't know if this was a general issue with Tatasky today or some signal problem in my area but it botched up the concert experience big-time. :kandrAvee:

Actually Jaya TV goof up for the past couple of days actually. A friend in Hyderabad and all of us in Chennai experienced it too. So all-India Jaya TV phenomenon. And to top that, singers out of form. Orchestra and the occasional IR interview was the saving grace. IR's background to Janani Janani was mei-silirppu! And w.r.t Amma Endrazhaikaadha and Rajni,  LOL
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kv Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:01 pm

mittai-la mannu thadavi kudutha maadhiri... chei! All fat!
Has someone brought this to Subashree's notice? Twitvaals ellaam konjam eduthu sollunga pa.
kv
kv

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:13 pm

pudichAnyA pointai Balki. Scoresheet, Scoresheet. Frame paNNi exhibition vainga.

vaingO vaingO, digistise paNNungO. Scoresheet kaNdi publish paNNi nationalise paNNitOmnA, namma kadamai mudinjudhu. kAlathukkum nikkaRadhai andha isaiyE pAthukkum.
Karthikeya - paNNudA

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:36 pm

We have a stream from singapore via YuppTV. It wasnt bad. There were some issues with the volume in very few places.

Have only seen the first day. Apart from Raaja's interviews (of course), the day belonged to Ramya. Not often we hear someone say 'Raaja is the undisputed king of western music'. I mean if there is a western ravunnd in Sappai Singer and the likes we only see Harris Jeyaraj songs being performed. And Mano, is he for real? He says Sattru Munbu is a fully voice-based song, whatever that means. And Ramya without battting an eyelid corrected him saying, its an orchestra based song. And she wasn't half-bad with nEtru intha nEram. Even the orchestra was spot on.

Talking about the orchestra, there were goof ups by the rhythm section, string players but the one man army, Napolean was just terrific. I mean he is probably the ONLY performer to play his notes with 100% precision. What a pleasure listening to him.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next