Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu

+3
Kaaling
Admin
7 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu - Page 3 Empty Re: Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu

Post  plum Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Railways solli adippAn Murali KArtik.

Services match appO puyal vandhu mazhai vandhu oru point kedaikkum. andha mazhai Saurashtra kitta thOkkaRachE varAdhu thalai ezhuththu

plum

Back to top Go down

Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu - Page 3 Empty Re: Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu

Post  Wizzy Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Murali karthik is busy mankading people  laugh 

The incident happened in the 80th over of the Bengal innings, leading to Bengal players, led by coach Ashok Malhotra and pacer Ashok Dinda, laying into Kartik — a senior player even calling him a 'cheat.' Malhotra confronted Kartik as the latter made his way into the dressing room during the lunch break.

"You are an India player and this is how you play. Is this is an example you set for juniors?" The former India batsman screamed at the Railways skipper. Kartik, not known for taking things lying down, shot back at Malhotra and asked him to keep shut.

The Bengal contingent kept going at Kartik, so much so that match referee B Kalyansundaram had to intervene to calm things down.

Speaking after the end of the day's play, Malhotra said, "I don't see him (Kartik) bowling or batting. Probably he is there for 'Mankading' a 21-year-old youngster. What does that little boy learn about spirit of the game," Malhotra said at the end of the day's play.

"I can understand if you were playing one-day cricket where a batsman tries to steal a single. I am not talking about rules but about the spirit of the game," he added. When asked if he and the senior Bengal player were sanctioned by Kalyansundaram, Malhotra said, "I haven't but I will and I know that."
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:14 pm

TN vs Railways. TN first innings lead 77 runs  Shocked Second innings TN 3/1 at last update. Match'a mattum thOkkAma muduchuttAnga naa great achievement for our bowling.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:30 am

I was thinking fog has robbed us of winning opp but you are right match fullA nadandhA thOkka chance irukku. mooNu pointai eduthukittu Oda vENdiyadhu dhAn . More fog and rain please

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:51 pm

nesstu Rajasthan. solli solli adippAinga

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Lalit Modi wins on Thursday=>BCCI bans RCA=>TN 6pts from forfeit :noteeth:
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:35 pm

plum wrote:nesstu Rajasthan. solli solli adippAinga

nambikkai is thumbikkai. Match is in Chennai. I believe we might end in top 3 and sneak into QFs. appaRam ellAm mEla oruthan irukkAnE, avan vutta vazhi.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Worst guys TN. Looking dead vs Rajasthan. Raj need 12 runs to get lead with 6 wickets in hand. Unless it rains tomorrow, we are dusted.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:10 am

Slow death for TN. Who the hell is Doraswamy Subramaniam opening for Mumbai and just got cleaned up by Vinaykumar..Sundar Raman quota'va  Smile
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:37 am

Roshanara/Kotla/Chepauk - ottappam veettai sudum    Wink 

“If you have to fiddle with pitches so much then you are not fit for playing Test cricket,” fumed Sundaram, referring to Gambhir’s repeated insistence on getting the grass shaved off to make it a turner,” Sundaram said.

“I had got three pitches ready with one on which we had grown grass. They (Delhi team management) got the grass shaved off and now they are not playing on that track. Instead, they have chosen the centre wicket. We have made it match ready,” Sundaram added.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:35 am

TN soora dhaNdam enRu meeNdum niroobiththu vittArgaL. I was having my hopes high after 102/1. 180 and they lose by 4 runs to get knocked out. indha pasangaLa vechukittu oorka kooda pOda mudiyAdhu. Batting ok naa bowling outtu. Bowling ku nu minefield vechA batting pusku.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:44 pm

always maintained TN are Saffers of Ranjis, that choke gene manifests itself in its full glory whenever
TN players get to play in national colours  Evil or Very Mad but Karnataka  Shocked

Seenu uncle should pull some strings and get some phast bowlers from Jharkhand land,
though his prodigal son would struggle to name 5 players from his state  Laughing 
even low-lying Pankaj Singh/Dinda would do  Idea
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:57 am

Karnataka themselves are sort of Pakistan. Full glory or losing when you expect them to win and vice versa. Mumbai are the Australia.
I hope Bangaldesh Bengal or New Zealand Railways do well this time

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:25 am

so we can expect Karnataka(Pakistan) to choke against Mumbai(Oz) in the knockouts if they get there
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:34 pm

That's the beauty. You could never say. They might lose to Services or they might end up beating Mumbai. That is why the Pak comparison

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:16 pm

KarnAdagam  the clap BAkisthan ammAvAsaikki oru mora edhir pArAma pramAdhamA Adi major title edhAdhu jeikkara mAri jeichutAnga  applause
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:55 pm

7 wins, including against Mumbai. No team at any stage of the season had them on the ropes. They didn't look like losing a single match at any point of any match.
In my 25th year of Ranji watching, this is the best I have seen.
Karnataka, well done.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:57 pm

with Mumbai rebuilding can't see anyone challenging Karnataka next year they just need to find a reliable spinner.

geezers ATG/Harbhi could be selected for Asia cup...looking forward to Sedar Yadav in Irani. so much talk about him being Veeru 2.0
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:32 pm

1155 runs this year Kedhar Jhadav. The second highest gives us the clue - HH Khadiwale from same Maharashtra who got the patta pitch in Pune. Maharashtra rolled out a few roads - I let out a sigh of relief when Karnataka won the final. It would have been patently unjust for Maha to win just like Rajasthan did a few years back.

Wiz - ingE dhan twisstu. Remember Karnataka are Pakistan. adutha varusham leagule stagelayE kavundhadichu relegate AnAlum AvAingO!

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:32 pm

1155 runs this year Kedhar Jhadav. The second highest gives us the clue - HH Khadiwale from same Maharashtra who got the patta pitch in Pune. Maharashtra rolled out a few roads - I let out a sigh of relief when Karnataka won the final. It would have been patently unjust for Maha to win just like Rajasthan did a few years back.

Wiz - ingE dhan twisstu. Remember Karnataka are Pakistan. adutha varusham leagule stagelayE kavundhadichu relegate AnAlum AvAingO!

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:05 am

Karnataka thumps Rest of India in the Irani Trophy: http://www.espncricinfo.com/irani-cup-2013-14/engine/match/649415.html Brilliant stuff from the Kannadiga boys. Only positive as a Rest of India observer with tinted TN specs is the top scorer in each innings for RoI are KD Karthik and B Aparajith respectively cool3 
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:25 pm

how did I miss this news, 7.5 is moving to Vidharbha  thankyou 

http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-article/badrinath-quest-new-challenges/119576

season tickets for Baba bros  Cool 
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:21 am

Ranji saffers liveup to their tag the clap
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu - Page 3 Empty Visitors blame it on unsporting' track

Post  Wizzy Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:17 am

On a day Jammu & Kashmir were humbled by Tamil Nadu here on Tuesday, the visiting team coach Sunil Joshi did not mince words -labelling the wicket as `unsporting'. “If the BCCI talks about preparing a sporting wicket fordomestic matches, then this wicket surely isn't one!“ lamented Joshi, looking visibly upset after his team's show.

According to the 44-yearold former India player-the match, which ended in three days, finished a tad late. “I think we were hoping the match would finish in two days' time after having looked at the wicket,“ said Joshi in a sarcastic tone.

Interestingly , while Shubham Khajuria was the only J&K player to score a half-century for his side, the hosts had Abhinav Mukund hitting a century , while B Aparajith and Malolan Rangarajan contributing with useful halfcenturies. “I am not taking the credit out from their side.They are a more experienced side, and knew how to bat on this wicket,“ pointed out Joshi.

The hosts definitely seemed to have applied themselves better than their opponents.
While Abhinav left a lot of deliveries while scoring 137 in the second innings, the J&K batsmen were guilty of getting out to some ordinary shots. J&K skipper Parvez Rasool is a case in point. Arriving at the crease with his side at 3-93, one would have ex pected Rasool to show more restraint upfront. But that wasn't the case as he tried to go over the top, in the process gifting a simple catch to B In drajith off Aushik to depart for a duck. Not surprisingly , Joshi de fended his batsmen saying the tricky wicket made them play the way they did. “I think the wicket was such that the batsmen will look at it, and start thinking as to what shots they can play and get out before they play a stroke,“ . said Joshi.

The J&K coach did have a long chat with his team after the match. “I just told them that we will find good wickets to bat and bowl in the coming games. It's the beginning of the season, and not the end,“ said Joshi.

Barring the wicket, Joshi was all praise for the venue and the tremendous crowd support. “Take the pitch out of the equation, and it was a fantastic venue, great atmo sphere, good facilities and good weather,“ said Joshi.

pity that TN had to revert to these underhand tactics to beat a minnow  Neutral wish SC does something about this
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:45 pm

^TN scored 254 and 286 in this game. J&K 132 and 131. Inept batting or poor conditions?
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum