Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

സംഗീത സന്തോഷങ്ങൾ - IR & MFM

+6
kamalaakarsh
plum
rajkumarc
ravinat
V_S
app_engine
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

സംഗീത സന്തോഷങ്ങൾ - IR & MFM - Page 4 Empty Re: സംഗീത സന്തോഷങ്ങൾ - IR & MFM

Post  V_S Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:58 am

The song which boasts of acoustic guitar. The same guitar acts both as lead and bass. People who talk about pronounced bass guitar has to listen to this. They also don't understand where and how the bass guitar is normally placed and played. If tone/sound of bass guitar is on par with melody, then it is not bass guitar, it actually disrupts the melody. It can be pronounced but within limits. I was too frustrated by that blogpost (happened to see on twitter) who didn't even give a thought on what a bass guitar and what its role is.
I am so intrigued by this song. The starting (phaser?) followed by female chorus (what a delight to hear that piece!) gives the sense of extreme satisfaction. The song has some funky keyboard combined with wah-wah sounds of guitar. Once KJY starts, the song flows continuously. Whenever Maestro is composing the first line longer, we can believe the rest of song is going to absorb us, as he cannot curtail that flow. Maestro has tuned some great pallavi and charanams, especially the ending lines. The sweetness carry on within us for a long time after we listened to this song. Interludes starts off with acoustic guitar with some funky keyboard sounds. The violin-flute conversation at the end of first interlude. The racy violins indicating the (blind) kids trying to walk fast in line and the flute denoting their curiosity/anxiety/happiness in doing so. Sameway in the second interlude, Maestro starts off very fast to denote the kids are playing. Watch out for guitar here! OMG!! We don't have to see the video, we can clearly hear what's happening from the music itself. It is unbelievable how Maestro creates that visuals.
Today is the first time I am watching the video of this song. My heart weeps inside to see such kids. How happy they are, despite their inability to see this beautiful world. There is one special scene in this video which comes at @3:00rd minute. Director who want us to mingle with the kids a shot before, get us closer to them, but @3:00 he has placed the camera way beyond, far away from the kids behind the trees for us to take a moment (alone) to realize their ill-fate (lump in my throat). That's when Maestro brings in violins to establish the melancholy in the song which was otherwise a happy song. We can feel the precursor to anthi mazhai pozhigirathu (the blind school kids chorus) in the female chorus here. Maestro brings that effect with no ambiguity. Where are such songs now which describe the status quo? Where are such songs which describe our true nation (enjoy the precious current moment without worrying about the bad past nor the unidentifiable future)?. If this song does not convey national integration what song does? If this song does not convey inspiration, what song does?
The lyrics is by O N V Kurup. Looks like the lyrics is so touching. Would love to know the meaning to enjoy the song in full. If App ji or anyone can briefly convey what this song convey lyrically, that would be great.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:38 pm

nanRi V_Sji for introducing this sweet number!

The famous "melodic bass guitar" of rAsA in free flow Smile

I'll have to do multiple listens to get the meaning / extract...will try in the coming days Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:42 pm

the clap @Ravinat for the playlist

breakway from mellow numbers..Nisha Manohari from Pinnilavu..low budget club number..had the misfortune of watching the visuals so sharing it here :noteeth:

Krishnachander or KJY??

Mamti's somersault  laugh poor guy 

Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:11 pm

have parked myself in malayala karaiyoram  Very Happy this KJY/Janaki version completely stomps all over PS version in EO

even though Raaja sample space is comparatively less in mallu land but the strike rate here is truly remarkarable.
still mallus in every other youtube video of his never seem to miss a chance to pimp up MD Raveendran..avar enna avlo periya thillangadi'ya.
App any pointers to some of his best ever compositions?

Last edited by Wizzy on Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:29 pm

Wizzy,
Thanks for reminding this song. Yes, its amazing how he changed the complexion of the song completely. SJ's humming is the key which makes hell of a difference. Arrangements bring completely different genre/perspective to the same song. dhil ma dhillul! thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Wizzy wrote:have parked myself in malayala karaiyoram  Very Happy this KJY/Janaki version completely stomps all over PS version in EO

even though Raaja sample space is comparatively less in mallu land but the strike rate here is truly remarkarable.
still mallus in every other youtube video of his never seem to miss a chance to pimp up MD Raveendran..avar enna avlo periya thillangadi'ya.
App any pointers to some of his best ever compositions?
His Highness Abdullah, Bharatham, Amaram etc

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:58 pm

O N V Kuruppu passed away

Sad

In the link above, KJY speaks about him and quotes two IR songs (vEzhAmbal of OLangaL & Adhi ushus sandhya pooththathividE of pazhassi rAjA)

KJY wrote:
Of all the ONV songs I have rendered, my favourites are 'Sagarame Santhamaka Nee', 'Nee Mayum Nilavo', (both from 'Madanolsavam'); 'Pathirakili' (Kizhakkan Pathrose); 'Vezhambal Kezhum Venal Kudeeram' (Olangal), and 'Vaarthinkal Thoniyeri' (Karuna). Another memorable number is 'Aadhi Ushas Sandhya Poothu', which had music by Ilayaraja.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:58 pm

app_engine wrote: O N V Kuruppu passed away

Sad

In the link above, KJY speaks about him and quotes two IR songs (vEzhAmbal of OLangaL & Adhi ushus sandhya pooththathividE of pazhassi rAjA)

KJY wrote:
Of all the ONV songs I have rendered, my favourites are 'Sagarame Santhamaka Nee', 'Nee Mayum Nilavo', (both from 'Madanolsavam'); 'Pathirakili' (Kizhakkan Pathrose); 'Vezhambal Kezhum Venal Kudeeram' (Olangal), and 'Vaarthinkal Thoniyeri' (Karuna). Another memorable number is 'Aadhi Ushas Sandhya Poothu', which had music by Ilayaraja.
Thank you. Nee Maayum Nilavo and Veezhaambal Kezhum are my all time favorites also Smile
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:55 pm

Jumping from one suggestion at youtube to another, I landed on a couple of stage singers' performing 'thumbi vA' Smile

Makes one appreciate SJ a lot more!

This one by daughter of singer Srinivas (yes, the Panchathan Inn guy only):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SaWgYGFywQ

Then another with half million hits Shocked , this one by Manjari (kaiyeththA kombaththu singer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbdEXmelb1Q

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum