Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Singer - Singers of the future

+12
kiru
crimson king
Usha
Kr
rajkumarc
Drunkenmunk
fring151
jaiganesh
vicks
app_engine
sagi
V_S
16 posters

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Super Singer - Singers of the future - Page 11 Empty Re: Super Singer - Singers of the future

Post  crimson king Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:26 pm

Wow, another 'great' elimination.  Diligent and hard working Sai Vignesh goes out while the highly inconsistent Madhumita gets yet another chance because she's supposed to be so talented and all that.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Super Singer - Singers of the future - Page 11 Empty Re: Super Singer - Singers of the future

Post  fring151 Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:10 am

Ridiculous isn't it? It's a joke. I just hate Madhumitha's diction and her find her singing attitude to be very fake and annoying. . Also, ridiculous song choices by some of the others compared to Sai Vignesh. Songs like Marilyn monroe cloning, kaathaadi pole should be banned in these contests. How can they even judge somehow who sings these songs against Sai Vignesh's attempt at Sinthanai sei maname, which I thought was pretty good! On another note, I liked Srinivas Murthy's comments and found him to be balanced and fair for the most part.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:28 pm

fring151 wrote:Ridiculous isn't it? It's a joke. I just hate Madhumitha's diction and her find her singing attitude to be very fake and annoying. . Also, ridiculous song choices by some of the others compared to Sai Vignesh. Songs like Marilyn monroe cloning, kaathaadi pole should be banned in these contests. How can they even judge somehow who sings these songs against Sai Vignesh's attempt at Sinthanai sei maname, which I thought was pretty good! On another note, I liked Srinivas Murthy's comments and found him to be balanced and fair for the most part.
Apt..
I was telling my wife just that - what is the emotional maturity one has to get to sing malryn monroe or kaathaadi pola?
And to sai's downfall he chose too good a song for that stage - probably he knew about his impending elimination and sung a song that 
ambikapathy chose in his 'elimination round in kulothunga chola's court' just to prove a point. If I were sai's dad I wouldnt have let him cheapen 
himself in this stage in the first place. It was krishnan's chance to be eliminated and thanks to that delightful charukesi from koyil pura, he lives to get eliminated
in the next round. Even diwakar seems content in singing same kind of songs every week and not challenge  - why not sing some classical or ghazalish song for a change?
This competition is for sure rigged and judges have already made up their mind in favor of some contestants and it shows.
Parvathy continues her lifeless singing and keeps sailing through...

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:52 pm

crimson king wrote: Pottu Vaithu Kadhal by Arvind.
I wonder why none of the fellows sitting in "chairs" mention the name of rAsA for this song....(while they kept harping on ARR's name for every song of his, even showing his picture from this singer's wallet etc).

Did they want the naive public to believe that this futuristic number must be some latest hip song from some new composer (and not the "tablA" rAsA)?

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:29 pm

jaiganesh wrote:I was telling my wife just that - what is the emotional maturity one has to get to sing malryn monroe or kaathaadi pola?
And to sai's downfall he chose too good a song for that stage - probably he knew about his impending elimination and sung a song that 
ambikapathy chose in his 'elimination round in kulothunga chola's court' just to prove a point. If I were sai's dad I wouldnt have let him cheapen 
himself in this stage in the first place. It was krishnan's chance to be eliminated and thanks to that delightful charukesi from koyil pura, he lives to get eliminated
in the next round. Even diwakar seems content in singing same kind of songs every week and not challenge  - why not sing some classical or ghazalish song for a change?
This competition is for sure rigged and judges have already made up their mind in favor of some contestants and it shows.
Parvathy continues her lifeless singing and keeps sailing through...
To add to this, Syed almost always ends up choosing relatively easy 'energy songs' (almost always ARR ones - Adiye, Aaromale, Marilyn monroe) which don't demand any real nuanced emotional expressions or technical finesse and gets through with judges gushing about his 'energy' and openly admitting they are willing to overlook technical lapses for this 'energy' he brings.

Also, it is evident Sonia has an IR bias, but is forced to attempt a non-IR song every now and then to stay in competition whereas Syed seems to get a free pass with his ARR bias.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:11 am

Wait until you see today's episode. Syed sings Kodai Kaala Kaatre. Apparently still in Marilyn Monroe mode. Laughing

Guitar special it seems. கர்ணகடூரம். But yeah 5 out of 6 songs performed today were Raaja's.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:05 am

Nerd wrote:Wait until you see today's episode. Syed sings Kodai Kaala Kaatre. Apparently still in Marilyn Monroe mode. Super Singer - Singers of the future - Page 11 Icon_lol

Guitar special it seems. கர்ணகடூரம். But yeah 5 out of 6 songs performed today were Raaja's.
This is literally the worst butchering of IR songs I have seen ever. Idhukku ivanga IR songs try pannAma irrukardhe nalladhu. I regret complaining about Kaathaadi, Marilyn Monroe now. Maybe they should just stick to that. And I literally feel like punching the judges in their faces for their comments. Worst performance of the day goes to Uravugal thodarkathai, closely followed by Kodai kaala. In fact, IMHO, Gautam Menon and that lone guitarist did a better job with UT at the NEPV show compared to the horror I just witnessed. Best performance was obviously Sonia, who ironically sang the only non-IR song.

Edit: And Keba's sheer nonchalance about Kodai Kaala's interludes and Srini asking for a repeat Twisted Evil (Wall, head, bang). Note to admins: Please try to include this (wall, head, bang) to the list of emoticons. It will immensely enhance the expressive possibilities in this thread.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  vicks Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:08 am

I've also noticed that whenever they bring the 'band' (instead of the regular orchestra) and IR songs are performed, the interludes are extensively butchered and even the pallavi/charanam portions miss the key elements that provide the tight orchestration and 'joy to listeners' - seems like deliberate sabotaging. And the judges' comments are also usually on the lines of - "sumaar singing but the song was enjoyable because of the band" - it almost seems like they want to downplay IR's original orchestration for these songs (by hinting the band's version was better).

Compare these to Rahman songs by the 'band' where they pretty much play the original "notes" and the judges are all usually on cloud 9 lavishing praises on the contestants and Rahman (as opposed to the band when IR songs are performed)

vicks

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:41 am

oru dhadavai vaasikaradha innoru dhadava naan nenachaalum vaasikka mudiyaadhu - keba
dei - jazz and blues loose form dhaan - that doesnt mean it is randomda..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:35 am

For a change today the judges were like we forgot the original thanks to you for a Rahman song Laughing

And this boojA, how the hell did she sing 25 songs (that I don't know even 1 of them is reassuring). Her IR medley was horrible to say the least. And she has severe range issues too. Granted that nalam vaazha was a male solo, but still..

And the solos they played for iLangAththu veesuthE, vENAm aluthuruvEn Sad

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Saw the "Sai elimination" youtube (and also his singing of 'sindhanai sey manamE' which wasn't bad at all).

IMG, they've decided much before and even communicated to him in advance Laughing

It's possible they've even signed him up for "future shows" (e.g. SS 5). It was funny to see the VJ announcing herself that Sai gets "wild card entry". (She had another tongue slip that all have given their lifeline performances, even before Syed / Madhumitha doing so - another proof that Sai-elimination was pre-planned).

Anyways, at this point of time, none of them seems to be playback-quality-material. Too many shortcomings in each case. So, no need to get irritated (as jaiganesh currently does).

Even otherwise, my interest in the show is limited to how they appreciate rAsA (or try to bring him down).

From that PoV, that ARR-studio-guy (Murthy?) did a nice job of speaking highly of IR's compositions every now and then. the clap

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:34 pm

app_engine wrote:Saw the "Sai elimination" youtube (and also his singing of 'sindhanai sey manamE' which wasn't bad at all).

IMG, they've decided much before and even communicated to him in advance Laughing

It's possible they've even signed him up for "future shows" (e.g. SS 5). It was funny to see the VJ announcing herself that Sai gets "wild card entry". (She had another tongue slip that all have given their lifeline performances, even before Syed / Madhumitha doing so - another proof that Sai-elimination was pre-planned).

Anyways, at this point of time, none of them seems to be playback-quality-material. Too many shortcomings in each case. So, no need to get irritated (as jaiganesh currently does).

Even otherwise, my interest in the show is limited to how they appreciate rAsA (or try to bring him down).

From that PoV, that ARR-studio-guy (Murthy?) did a nice job of speaking highly of IR's compositions every now and then. the clap
i am not irritated that he got eliminated. He is a small kid - but he is a lot better than other clowns and even some clowns judging.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:37 am

Really bad that SaiVignesh got eliminated. I liked some of his renditions especially Vizhigal Meeno when SPB was present. For his age, he did a lot more justice especially bringing in the emotions. I'm shocked to know that Madhumita is still there, can't remember anything memorable with her performances.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:32 am

Last two weeks it was a pathetic show especially by the judges, more than the contestants. As I guessed before, Sai's elimination was more of a prejudice than a deserving exit. Poor fellow fell prey to idiotic judges. There is hardly any reason for his exit. Lame reasons. When he was singing sinthanai sei manamE, you have to see Srini's facial expressions, that clearly showed that he was not at all interested in his singing, more anxious (looking somewhere else massaging his mustache) and waiting for his turn to announce his elimination. Very very bad judging. This is the worst I have seen compared to all seasons.

I still could not bear Syed, Madumitha, Aravind are still there, not to mention others. According to me, Sarath Santhosh is the only one who deserves to win the title, but he will be dismissed against their pet mallu singers and Rahman fanatic Syed Subhan. Not watched this week yet, Lost interest in the show.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:09 am

V_S wrote:Lost interest in the show.
Parvathy seems to have already got signed up by Srini for his MD-avatAr. So, the panel will continue to praise her sky-high, as part of marketing their future product. The more she becomes popular, the more hype for their song in future.

Sarath can easily be dismissed on similar grounds as Sai (immature voice, future prospect etc). They seem to be setting that up going by the guitar-round comments.

Sonia & Krishnan will be shown the door thereafter, giving some "bad-on-that-day" reasons. Both are not too much pro-ARR or pro-modern-MDs.

The question is if not Parvathy, whom else will they pick among the remaining four (Madhumitha, Syed, Aravind & Diwakar).

It is possible they'll crown Diwakar - just to show-off as "we found a mAnikkam from kuppam"...in which case they'll get praise from all quarters Smile
(I think he had every audience somewhat covered, including rAsA group - told once he can sing 100's of rAsA songs by-heart...kAdhal kasakkudhaiyyA etc)

If it happens to be Diwakar, even I may not criticize the judges (means, will let go all their biases / kOLARukaL etc) Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:25 pm

app_engine wrote:
V_S wrote:Lost interest in the show.
Parvathy seems to have already got signed up by Srini for his MD-avatAr. So, the panel will continue to praise her sky-high, as part of marketing their future product. The more she becomes popular, the more hype for their song in future.

Sarath can easily be dismissed on similar grounds as Sai (immature voice, future prospect etc). They seem to be setting that up going by the guitar-round comments.

Sonia & Krishnan will be shown the door thereafter, giving some "bad-on-that-day" reasons. Both are not too much pro-ARR or pro-modern-MDs.

The question is if not Parvathy, whom else will they pick among the remaining four (Madhumitha, Syed, Aravind & Diwakar).

It is possible they'll crown Diwakar - just to show-off as "we found a mAnikkam from kuppam"...in which case they'll get praise from all quarters Smile
(I think he had every audience somewhat covered, including rAsA group - told once he can sing 100's of rAsA songs by-heart...kAdhal kasakkudhaiyyA etc)

If it happens to be Diwakar, even I may not criticize the judges (means, will let go all their biases / kOLARukaL etc) Laughing
Diwakar - truth be told is a limited singer. he has not done one pathos/slow melody proper till date. If they give him, they will be giving a true 'have-not' and that will be that.
As far as sharath is concerned - he is a fully rounded singer and the last one with a good technical grounding left standing in the competition.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:42 pm

jaiganesh wrote:As far as sharath is concerned - he is a fully rounded singer and the last one with a good technical grounding left standing in the competition.
Yes, totally agree!

However, nAm onRu ninaikka "visay TV + judges gumbal" vERonRu ninaikkum Smile

One thing I've recently observed is this paiyan has become careful nowadays - avoids rAsA songs, sings ARR numbers as much as possible Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:56 pm

jaiganesh wrote:Diwakar - truth be told is a limited singer.
Of course, idhilenna sandhEham?

In one way or other every one of them is "undeserving"...so, yArukkuk koduththAlum it makes no difference to TFM (or me Laughing )!

However, it makes a bigger difference to the candidate, in this boy's case - avvaLavE Smile

i.e. no one will be unhappy in him getting a big prize, firsttO / secondO, EdhO onnu...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:57 pm

curiosity kostin :
will there be public voting and all, for the top two spots?

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:40 am

app_engine wrote:curiosity kostin :
will there be public voting and all, for the top two spots?
Yeah that's how it has been all this while and that's how a couple of undeserving singers won the prize because kaLLa Ottu is allowed in the buplic, as in 1 person can vote how much ever times he wants. One guy Anish or someone from Loyola College had his entire college voting several times per person for him and won it ahead of a deserving Ravi. Then we had Sai Charan win over Satyaprakash since buplic preferred him. In addition to the gumbal judging, our buplic isn't any better.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:43 am

Naduvula appappo indha former pOtti winners varrAngale, yArum perusa urupttA mAdhriri theriyaliye. EnnathukkAga ivlo kashtapattu studies/career ellAthayum compromise panni idhula participate panrAnglo - total waste of time, objectively speaking, if all their talent (or not) is to be serviced to the GVPs and the DSPs. Btw, indha NEPV fame NSK Ramya SS'in kandupidippA?

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  vicks Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:03 pm

fring151 wrote: Btw, indha NEPV fame NSK Ramya SS'in kandupidippA?
I think 'Vasu sir' kandipidippu (voice trainer in IR's kuzhu)

vicks

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:07 pm

Diwakar, Sonia - Raaja fans. So deserve to win. As simple as that Very Happy

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:10 pm

For that matter, even Parvathy / Krishnan have preference towards Raaja songs. All Keralites, the kinds who take music seriously.

The maadern youthu dudes like Aravind / Syed are the most annoying. Not just becuase they are Rahman fans. They are pathetic singers.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:26 pm

Nerd wrote:For that matter, even Parvathy / Krishnan have preference towards Raaja songs. All Keralites, the kinds who take music seriously.

The maadern youthu dudes like Aravind / Syed are the most annoying. Not just becuase they are Rahman fans. They are pathetic singers.
I don't understand the antipathy towards Sonia and Parvathy on this board or on hub for that matter.  They are not amazing singers by any stretch but their song selections are generally commendable and they are generally melodic and well in tune.  They have also done justice, emotionally, to tough songs like Azhagu Malarada/Paadu Nilave/Naadham.  As you said, at least they sing the Raja classics unlike Palsadam and cool dude.

Last edited by crimson king on Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next