Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Singer - Singers of the future

+12
kiru
crimson king
Usha
Kr
rajkumarc
Drunkenmunk
fring151
jaiganesh
vicks
app_engine
sagi
V_S
16 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Super Singer - Singers of the future - Page 9 Empty Re: Super Singer - Singers of the future

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:41 am

fring151 wrote:What business does KObi have in ASS? Sure it's not a rumour?
No idha nAnum pAthEn Vijay TV la. He comperes off and on.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Super Singer - Singers of the future - Page 9 Empty Re: Super Singer - Singers of the future

Post  app_engine Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:
fring151 wrote:What business does KObi have in ASS? Sure it's not a rumour?
No idha nAnum pAthEn Vijay TV la. He comperes off and on.
Gobi did the masAlA for a whole week marked for praising Vaalee (after his demise).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:53 pm

So, it looks like Gopi is brought in whenever they want to feature a pAdal Asiriyar.

After Vaali, it could be a VM week and that's the reason for bringing Gopi. (Also, the other fellows may have less know-how as to pAdal varigaL business...)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:55 pm

app_engine wrote:So, it looks like Gopi is brought in whenever they want to feature a pAdal Asiriyar.

After Vaali, it could be a VM week and that's the reason for bringing Gopi. (Also, the other fellows may have less know-how as to pAdal varigaL business...)
Yeah he once did the Kannadasan week also.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:
app_engine wrote:So, it looks like Gopi is brought in whenever they want to feature a pAdal Asiriyar.

Didn't know that.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:33 pm

fring151 wrote:
Drunkenmunk wrote:

Didn't know that.
Apparently they feel Gobi chandhanam is an eloquent speaker apt for lyricists and others can bring fun element. Cheinga da, cheinga...
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:37 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:
fring151 wrote:
Drunkenmunk wrote:

Didn't know that.
Apparently they feel Gobi chandhanam is an eloquent speaker apt for lyricists and others can bring fun element. Cheinga da, cheinga...
Yet another mediocre, low IQ TV personality put on a pedestal by gullible TN public. Neeya naana - Among the dumbest talk shows in the history of manknd.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Only caught Arvind's performance from yesterday.  Total kodumai, why this kolaveri? Why take Yenge Nimmadhi, one of the iconic songs of TMS-Sivaji combination and pessunjify it with pal saadam.  Even Unni was inspired to sing a few lines to show him how he should have done it; Srini was helpless to defend him this time.  Hope he is eliminated for this.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Yes totally agree. Arvind spoiled it to the maximum extent possible (it was a zero performance, sad part is he even committed lyrical errors which no one found), but they won't eliminate him, rather they are waiting for Soundarya (yesterday she was just ok) or Sai Vignesh to make even small mistakes to get eliminated. Srini still said he sang well Shocked Yesterday Sai Vignesh was the best compared to the rest, yet he got nitpicked by some lyrical expression errors which was not at all there. He sang almost identical to the original. As usual Parvathi got outstanding comments for a good performance (she loses out on bhaavam most of the time, for me it was a lifeless performance), but judges tend to pick her unusual sangathis and praise her, while if others do the same, they rightly got marked, as Unni did yesterday that they are singing sangathis which will come to them easily, rather than the original. Let's see what Syed sings in this first round.

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:10 pm

^^^ You're right about the lyrics part.  I don't know the lyrics of this song by heart as I am not a lyrics-guy but my mother pointed out several mistakes as Arvind was singing.  Arvind does not know how to pronounce consonants properly, mazhupifies every sound.  He can only be groomed to be a good professional singer next season; it's too difficult to make such drastic changes to technique at this late stage in the competition.  Niranjana had the same issue and thankfully she was eliminated.  I hope Arvind follows suit but yeah, Srini will do his level best to protect him.  He was saying, "konjam melody-a irrunthuthu."  But this is not melody chocolate song, it's more like arrachuvutta sambaar. Razz

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:05 pm

crimson king wrote:^^^ You're right about the lyrics part.  I don't know the lyrics of this song by heart as I am not a lyrics-guy but my mother pointed out several mistakes as Arvind was singing.  Arvind does not know how to pronounce consonants properly, mazhupifies every sound.  He can only be groomed to be a good professional singer next season; it's too difficult to make such drastic changes to technique at this late stage in the competition.  Niranjana had the same issue and thankfully she was eliminated.  I hope Arvind follows suit but yeah, Srini will do his level best to protect him.  He was saying, "konjam melody-a irrunthuthu."  But this is not melody chocolate song, it's more like arrachuvutta sambaar. Razz
he goofed up lyrics 2 times and nobody noticed. all in a lyrics special round.. Ponam just about to be incinerated will sing with more zest than parvadhi.
next super singer ppl who won other talent shows should be barred.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:40 am

jaiganesh wrote:
Ponam just about to be incinerated will sing with more zest
rotfl2

Total nonsense proceedings.

pAttE kidaikkAdha mAdhiri 'adhisaya rAgam' - jAlrA to KB rather than praising KD.

Of course, every singer butchers pAdal varigaL / emotions etc and engE nimmadhi fellow the ultimate kola veRi.

ayyO pAvam Gandhi Kannadasan. His dad was fortunate, pOy sEndhuttAr without watching such kodumais!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:29 pm

Madhumitha's இலக்கணம் மாறுதோ was atrocious to say the least. reNdu suzhi nAs everywhere for mooNu suzhi NAs and Lagarams for lagarams and for விலக்கி வைப்பாயோ, விளக்கி வைப்பாயோ, it was விளக்கி வைப்பாயோ, விளக்கி வைப்பாயோ. The entire pun and the best part of the lyrics is lost on her. In the lyrics round. Unpardonably silly rendition. Sruthi sErala, idha thavaravum neraya thappu lyrics la. Start itself was இலக்கனம் மாறுதோ for இலக்கணம் மாறுதோ. And no judge pointed it out? Murder of music and Tamizh in broad daylight. I hope she gets kicked out pronto.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Can't believe they all are top 10 contestants and these are top 10 performances Embarassed Clearly exposed, every one of them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:45 pm

ROFL. Watch Gobi from 1 minute 37 seconds. As Gounder tells Kamal the Chandru in Indian, "I yAm blind" http://t.co/YTLj0SLEt0
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Damn that nostalogy. my wife was laughing as i clutched the edges of my chair.. 
Like Barrister Rajinikanth wud've said "Damn you silly fool of an ass"..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:30 am

Drunkenmunk wrote:ROFL. Watch Gobi from 1 minute 37 seconds. As Gounder tells Kamal the Chandru in Indian, "I yAm blind" http://t.co/YTLj0SLEt0
lol! . That word is going to enter the tamil lexicon shortly.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:32 am

I quickly caught up with a few performances this week and attention to lyrics has been wanting to put it mildly.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:28 am

Enna Satham Indha Neram. Vairamuthu there. Waxes eloquent about KB, SPB and himself. Not a word on the composition Wink https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2o1PbFrxcQ

Also just a personal view. IR speaking about Vaali video is there. Tamil flows out like a gush and he sings Sundari Kannal Oru Sedhi. Guys in the comments section comment as though it's IR's pride on his own tune that makes him sing it rather than underline Vaali's talent. Every creator does it. Vairamuthu is no different. It is when fans don't mind one bunch of creators who take pride and corner IR that it grates me personally.

PS: That IR had things of value in Vaali's lyrics than just superficial pride in his own tune is a different story Smile
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:56 pm

fring151 wrote:
Drunkenmunk wrote:ROFL. Watch Gobi from 1 minute 37 seconds. As Gounder tells Kamal the Chandru in Indian, "I yAm blind" http://t.co/YTLj0SLEt0
gObi'ya pAththA ungaLukku iLakkAram.

idhuvE JeMo'nnA ungaLai "moodar"nu sollippuduvAr, jAkkiradhai Smile

ref : http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=41803
(“சிகிழ்ச்சை”)

JeMo wrote:
மொழியில் நிகழ்ந்த மாற்றங்களும் வளர்ச்சியும் அவர்கள் அறியாதவை.அவர்களிடம் பேசுவது மூடத்தனத்துடன் முட்டிக்கொள்வது.
Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:45 pm

I don't understand certain things in singer shows. How does kaNNai katti koLLaathE qualify for a singing performance? It is a plain, bland, juvenile, pedestrian tune with irritating 'vi' 'du' 'tha' lai' phrases. That song is not even mildly interesting in any aspect. What does singer prove by singing such songs? How does such song compare with maalai pozhuthin mayakkaththilE in the same round? Why does judges ignore this imbalance, when one chooses such a tough song, while others get away with such horrible song selections with high praises, just because judges are fan of ... Even lyrically that song does not compare anywhere to VM's (and other lyricists) other songs.

And you are giving a standing ovation just for some breath-control (just because you recorded that song) totally ignoring some most difficult songs taken and delivered by other contestants, just because those songs are not from your favorite guy. This is plain bias. A singer who is mostly singing one music director songs almost during the entire show (with no versatility shown, which is very obvious as he has hardly covered every area) and qualifying for top 10 is a perfect example of this bias. No one dare to tell him that he should also try to sing other composers songs, except when the round itself dictates so. I don't remember such thing happened in any singer shows and not even in earlier seasons of SS, this is a very bad precedent shown. On the same note, I would also not be happy if a person singing all IR songs in every round, even when IR had covered all possible areas to prove a singer's versatility.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Gobi with his nonsense that in Tamil Nadu, music is Ilayaraaja and Tamil is Vairamuthu in a sense equating his musical prowess and VM's poetic prowess. News is Raaja is in fact a better poet, leave alone Kannadasan and Vaali. VM can't hold a candle to Gangai Amaran. indha pasanga seyyara azhichaatyam irukkE...
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:22 pm

"nilavE ennidam nerungAdhE" decent job by Sharath!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:28 am

app_engine wrote:
fring151 wrote:
gObi'ya pAththA ungaLukku iLakkAram.

i
dhuvE JeMo'nnA ungaLai "moodar"nu sollippuduvAr, jAkkiradhai Smile

ref : http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=41803
(“சிகிழ்ச்சை”)

JeMo wrote:
மொழியில் நிகழ்ந்த மாற்றங்களும் வளர்ச்சியும் அவர்கள் அறியாதவை.அவர்களிடம் பேசுவது மூடத்தனத்துடன் முட்டிக்கொள்வது.
Laughing
Adhu ennilerndho undu saar. Smile ivar mAdhiri AlungalAM oru sila varigal thooya thamizhla, konjam oru flowla, oru confidentOda pesinA periya arivAligalnu nambidradhunga jananga. Enna seyya...

JeMo pathi no comments Neutral

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:34 am

DM,

ungalukku Vijaytv la insider source irukku pola Smile. Ninga sonna madhiri appdiye nadandhudhu! Gobi thooNdi vida ('Ungalukkum IIlayarajavukkum enna thAn saar prechanai'? no attempt to even be subtle about the question), Vairam emotional Aga, kadaisila nalla pEr vAngipuduvar makkaL kitta. But actually, Iyam curious. What exactly caused the Diamond-IR rift? I have an idea about KB, MR but not about VM.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next