Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gangai Amaran - excellent lyricist for IR - 100 special picks of this combo

+20
irir123
Manoj Raj
irfan123
ravinat
Raaga_Suresh
Drunkenmunk
plum
al_gates
endrum_raja
Usha
kiru
olichudar
jaiganesh
sagi
groucho070
rajkumarc
SenthilVinu
mythila
V_S
app_engine
24 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Gangai Amaran - excellent lyricist for IR - 100 special picks of this combo - Page 10 Empty Re: Gangai Amaran - excellent lyricist for IR - 100 special picks of this combo

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:08 pm

#97 un manasula pAttuththAn irukkudhu (pANdi nAttuththangam, two versions - one happy KSC version where Mano joins in the end & then a pathos duet by chinnakkuyil with SPB)

Like I mentioned in the SPB-IR series , these songs still bring in my mind images of grAmarAjan only when listening Laughing Interestingly, it is one of those big hits for Karthik in the late 80's, those hits that kind of made him the then-next-gen-top-star (prior gen: KH-RK-VK)! Unfortunately, he failed to keep up that position -allegedly by sheer indiscipline - and became a nobody in course of time).

Lovely, lovely themmAngu melody with genius orch for both versions! The saraNams are soaked in pure honey and the song can easily be a great example for superb saraNam-ending-connect-back-to-pallavi!

Both happy and pathos versions -while simple -are well-written by GA, including the indirect reference to IR ("நெஞ்சத் தொட்டு ஆளும் ராசையா, மனசு முழுதும் இசை தான் உனக்கு"). I've repeatedly posted that GA has that knack of using very simple words that jell with the melody yet powerfully expressing intended matter / feelings etc. This song is another good example!

Interestingly, unless it is really needed (like நித்தம் நித்தம் for repeat effect to stress the daily happening), he doesn't indulge in irattaikkiLavi / adukkuththodar business simply to fit to the melody in a meaningless manner(நெஞ்சினிலே நெஞ்சினிலே, ஸ்நேகிதனே ஸ்நேகிதனே, முன்பே வா முன்பே வா, ஊர்வசி ஊர்வசி etc). This aspect is often a big plus for GA. Also the unnecessity of stretching syllables simbly struggling to fit to the melody - in his case, all fall in place like a tailored suit, rhyming aspects taken care of as well!

Proves again that GA is a musical kavingar! (Not surprising, considering he was a MD himself, rAsA's younger brother, singer, guitarist etc)

Let's look at the pAdal varigaL:

Happy :

உன் மனசுல பாட்டுத் தான் இருக்குது
என் மனசதை கேட்டுத் தான் தவிக்குது
அதில் என்னை வச்சுப் பாட மாட்டியா
நெஞ்சத்தொட்டு ஆளும் ராசையா
மனசு முழுதும் இசை தான் உனக்கு
அதிலே எனக்கோர் எடம் நீ ஒதுக்கு

பாட்டாலே புள்ளி வச்சு பார்வையிலே கிள்ளி வச்சு  
பூத்திருந்த என்னைச் சேர்ந்த தேவனே
போடாத சங்கதி தான் போட ஓரு மேடை உண்டு
நாளு வச்சு சேர வாங்க ராசனே
நெஞ்சோடு கூடு கட்டி நீங்க வந்து வாழணும்  
நில்லாம பாட்டுச் சொல்லி காலம் எல்லாம் ஆளணும்  
சொக்கத்தங்கம் உங்களைத் தான் சொக்கிச் சொக்கிப் பார்த்து
தத்தளிச்சேன் நித்தம் நித்தம் நானாப் பூத்து

நீ பாடும் ராகம் வந்து நிம்மதியைத் தந்ததையா
நேற்று வரை நெஞ்சில் ஆசை தோணலை
பூவான பாட்டு இந்த பொண்ணத் தொட்டுப் போனதையா
போன வழி பாத்த கண்ணு மூடலை
உன்னோட வாழ்ந்திருந்தா ஊருக்கெல்லாம் ராணி நான்
என்னோட ஆசை எல்லாம் ஏத்துக்கணும் நீங்க தான்
உங்களத்தான் எண்ணி எண்ணி என்னுசுரு வாழும்
சொல்லுமையா நல்ல சொல்லு சொன்னாப் போதும்

என் மனசுல பாட்டுத் தான் இருக்குது
உன் மனசதை கேட்டுத் தான் தவிக்குது
நான் உன்னை மட்டும் பாடும் குயிலு தான்
நீ என்னை எண்ணி வாழும் மயிலு தான்
மனசு முழுதும் இசைதான் எனக்கு
இசையோடொனக்கு இடமும் இருக்கு

Serious:

உன் மனசுல பாட்டுத் தான் இருக்குது
என் மனசதை கேட்டுத் தான் தவிக்குது
இது உன்ன மட்டும் பாடும் பூங்குயில்
தினம் எண்ணி எண்ணி வாடும் பெண் மயில்
மனசு முழுதும் சருகாய்க்கருக
மயங்கும் நினைவோ மெழுகாய் உருக

பாட்டாலே புள்ளி வச்சு பார்வையிலே கிள்ளி வச்சு
பூப்போல என்னை சேர்ந்த தேவியே
காத்தோட வந்து வந்து காதோட சொன்ன சிந்து
கேக்காமப் போகும் வேறு பாதையே
நெஞ்சோடு கூடு கட்டி சேர்ந்திருந்த ஜோடி தான்
இப்போது தனித்தனியாப் போனதென்ன கோலந்தான்
எட்டுத்திக்கும் ஒன்ன எண்ணி இந்த மனம் தேடும்
பட்டுக்குயில் ஒன்ன மட்டும் நாளும் பாடும்

நீ பாடும் ராகம் வந்து என்னுசுரத்தொட்டதையா
நெஞ்சை விட்டு நேசம் பாசம் போகல
பூச்சூடும் வேளையில முள்ளு ஒன்னு தச்சதைய்யா
பொன்னாரம் சூடக்காலம் கூடல
ஒன்னோட வாழ்ந்திருந்தா ஊருக்கெல்லாம் ராணி நான்
உண்ணாமத்தனிச்சிருந்து வாடுதையா மேனி தான்
ஒங்களத்தான் எண்ணி எண்ணி என் உசுரு தேடும்
கண்ணுக்குள்ள நெஞ்சுக்குள்ள கலந்தே வாழும்

Here are the videos :

The sad one starts at about 4 minutes into the youtube below (for some reason, the #t does not work in this) :

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Gangai Amaran - excellent lyricist for IR - 100 special picks of this combo - Page 10 Empty Re: Gangai Amaran - excellent lyricist for IR - 100 special picks of this combo

Post  V_S Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Very nice post App ji! the clap intha padathula ellaa paattu avarthaanE? Are you going to host all of them? Every song is priceless. Watched in Devi Kala I think, mainly for songs.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:04 pm

V_S wrote:intha padathula ellaa paattu avarthaanE? Are you going to host all of them?

Unfortunately, there are only 2 more slots (#100 is ooru sanam and I feel it's too much to continue beyond).

Also, our friend's spreadsheet says 'pOvOmA' is by GA, contrary to my prior belief that Vaali wrote it. Interestingly, the vinyl cover is silent on that song. May be sir has seen the actual vinyl itself and records in his spreadsheet. If authenticated by some pictorial proof, I want it to be included Embarassed

I'm also in two minds as to whether 'unadhu vizhi vazhi mElE' should be hosted or not.

ippadi pala pala decision making questions Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:45 am

The real question is will you cover annakodi aas the 100th song for GA in this thread Smile (You didnt mention IR-GA combination in the title, did you? ) Smile

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:59 pm

plum,

Smile

umma kuRumbai veettula, officela ellAm kAttuveerA?

epdi responsu there?

BTW, I (mistakenly) started an annakkodi thread in the TF section, underestimating BR Smile Good that he proved me dumb!
(IIRC, the driver was NEPV audio release speech Embarassed In any case, that is history now)

Reg. GA, this guy isn't all sinister but may be 25%; but with Otta vAyi, that's a bad combination Sad

However, just for those few gems listed so far, he definitely deserved a thread.

Obviously the musicalaya vinyls & puththam pudhukkAlai were the trigger points (why not, I was around 16 when the song came out, as also his other gems such as panneer pushpangaL / nenjaththaikkiLLAdhE / Johny)...well, the thread is clearly in its twilight zone now Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:57 am

Still undecided on #98 & #99 but would like to finish this project off during this week Smile

Found out from variety of sources that the lyricist for 'pOvOmA oorkOlam' is a mystery. (No name in vinyl, the cassette based on which our track-DB will possibly credit the song to GA is currently unavailable with our forumer Embarassed )

Also, there's this tip that a Singapore cassette listed IR as the lyricist for that song Laughing

Unless we get the "first released EchO cassette", we won't be able to finalize who the lyricist was for that lovely song. (If we eventually confirm it is GA, I would like to host it beyond #100, as an exceptional case).

My earlier assumption was Vaali but now in confusion Smile

unadhu vizhi vazhi mElE & the balance songs of pANdi nAttuththangam are the current possibilities, unless I come across a bigger miss!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:00 am

#98 kAlai nEra rAgamE kAtRil sErndhu kEtkumE (rAsAvE onna nambi, KSC)

This song has some rare combo on the screen, rAmarAjan, rAdhA ravi & surprisingly, Saritha!
We've started this thread with a morning song and from time to time picked some morning numbers. Accordingly, around this concluding time, this song is fittingly included Smile Raj Kiran is the producer it seems and the movie had a decent run I think.

Interestingly, my most fav song of this album got penned by GA's aNNan Wink rAsAththi manasula is one of my all-time-fav songs of IR. BTW, I've lost count as to how many such all-time-top-fav's I have from his output Laughing

KSC effortlessly nails this sweetie, with correct doses of rusticity as well as sophistication - a rare amalgamation possible for only a few singers! Much like how rAsA can sweetly put both together organically...Now, let us look at the pAdal varigaL, that are dosed with GA keywords of kAlai, rAgam / rAgangaL and such Laughing

பல்லவி:

காலை நேர ராகமே காற்றில் சேர்ந்து கேட்குமே
புள்ளினங்கள் மெல்லிசையும் தென்றல் இடும் இன்னிசையும்
வந்து வந்து இந்த நெஞ்சை சொந்தமெனப் பாடுமே

சரணம் 1:

கட்டிலிலே சொல்லித் தந்த ராகங்களை
காலையிலே எண்ணிக்கொள்ள ஆனந்தமே
மெத்தையிலே போட்ட விதை தொட்டிலிலே பூத்து வரும்
இஷ்டப்பட்டுக் கேட்ட கதை இன்பங்களைச் சேர்த்து வரும்
அன்பு மனம் ஒன்றை ஒன்று கொண்டாடும் அந்த சுகம் வந்து நின்றதே
இன்று முதல் என்னுலகில் சந்தோஷம் இன்னிசையைப் பாடுகின்றதே

சரணம் 2:

அன்பு என்னும் சின்னச்சின்ன நூல் எடுத்து
துன்பங்களை எண்ணி எண்ணிக் கோர்த்து வைத்தேன்
போட்டு வைத்தேன் கோலம் ஒன்று உன் மனதில் நானும் இன்று
கேட்கும் வரம் இன்று ஒன்று காலமெல்லாம் நாமும் ஒன்று
பாசத்துக்கு இன்று முதல் வெள்ளோட்டம் பந்தமென்னும் பாதை தன்னிலே
நேசம் அதில் அன்பு என்னும் முன்னோட்டம் நித்தம் வந்து ஒட்டிக்கொண்டதே

One easily gets a feel of anniyOnyam in this song (though not felt in the on-screen stuff)...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:50 pm

Digression

news on 'mAnguyil-poonguyil'

நடிகை கனகா ஆலப்புழாவில் புற்றுநோய்க்கு சிகிச்சை அளிக்கும் மருத்துவமனை ஒன்றில் சிகிச்சை பெற்று வருகிறார். அவர் புற்றுநோய்க்கு சிகிச்சை பெறுவதாகக் கூறப்படுகிறது
அந்த மருத்துவமனையில் அனாதைகள் மற்றும் கவனிக்க ஆளில்லாமல் அவதிப்படுவோருக்கு சிகிச்சை அளிக்கப்படும். அங்கு புற்றுநோயால் அவதிப்படுவோருக்கு சிகிச்சை அளிக்கப்படுகிறது.

கனகா புற்றுநோய்க்கு தான் சிகிச்சை பெறுகிறார் என்று கூறப்படுகிறது. இப்படி கவனிக்கக் கூட ஆளில்லாமல் தன்னந்தனியாக கனகா சிகிச்சை பெறுவது அவரது ரசிகர்களை அதிர்ச்சி அடைய வைத்துள்ளது.

End-digression

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Since the #100 is fixed to be a SJ number, I would like to host a SPB song as #99 Smile

Accordingly, unadhu vizhi vazhi mElE won't fit this slot.

Since 'pOvOmA oorgOlam' is still mystery, that won't count (in spite of SPB) Smile

As mentioned before, I have excluded many top-hits of SPB due to the general criteria of the thread (e.g. yE AththA / adiyE manam nillunnA and the likes).

Let us see what SPB number can be the #99 Wink

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:01 pm

#99 will have two songs Smile (Take them as 98.5 & 99)

Both SPB & both from the same movie...one I covered in SPB-IR series and another I missed in that.

The movie got directed by none other than GA & had karagAttakkAran's 366th day celebrations on its titles...

Please guess movie name Wink

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:02 pm

BTW, Rex sir's penultimate song was by GA Smile

https://365rajaquiz.wordpress.com/2013/07/27/track364/

One that we covered earlier in this thread too Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:46 am

app_engine wrote:
Please guess movie name Wink

OK, since no one cared about this, let me reveal it myself Smile

villuppAttukkAran - sOlai malai Oram & kalai vANiyE

They are the "joint 99" for tomorrow.

Will post #100 on Friday to complete the count Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:09 pm

#99 sOlai malai Oram & kalaivANiyO (villuppAttukkAran's SPB songs, penned by GA)

When I hosted "sOlai malai Oram" in the SPB-IR series and missed the other, people pointed out in that thread (Nerd, Sanjeevi, UshAkkA) that the missed one was a bigger hit in TN.

I was obviously out-of-touch from the ground realities of TN during that time period. (Rather any time period post-86). Even while mentioning my personal non-acquaintance prior, I acknowledged that 'kalaivANiyO' is a sweet pie! Now, knowing that it got penned by the movie's director, time to honor it Smile

Let us first look at the rocking themmAngu :

The lyrics are not as catchy as 'mAnguyilE poonguyilE' but are not jarring nevertheless. Job as usual, placing appropriate words to fit the mettu, precisely to each syllable while words contribute to the central theme...

பல்லவி:

கலைவாணியோ ராணியோ அவள்தான் யாரோ
சிலைமேனியோ தேவியோ எதுதான் பேரோ
அவ மேலழகும் தண்டைக் காலழகும்
தெனம் பார்த்திருந்தா வில்லுப்பாட்டு வரும்

சரணம் 1:

பாதந்தொடும் பூங்கொலுசு தானத்தந்தோம் பாட
வேதங்களும் நாதங்களும் வேண்டிவந்தது கூட
பாதங்கள பார்த்ததுமே பார்வை வல்லியே மேலே
வேதனைகளை மாத்திடும் அவ விரிஞ்ச செண்பகச்சோல

பூத்ததய்யா பூவு அது கையழகு தூக்குதய்யா வாசம் அது மெய்யழகு
நான் வந்தேன் வாழ்த்திப் பாட நல்லதைச் சொன்னேன் ராகத்தோட
கண்டேன் சீதைப்போல கண்டதும் நின்னேன் சிலையைப்போல
இந்திரலோகம் சந்திரலோகம் சுந்தரலோகம் போற்ற

சரணம் 2:

கோடை மழை கொண்டு வரும் கூந்தல் என்கிற மேகம்
ஜாடையில ஏத்தி விடும் ராகம் என்கிற மோகம்
கோடியில ஒருத்தியம்மா கோலமயில் ராணி
ஆடி வரும் பூங்கலசம் அழகிருக்கும் மேனி

தேர் நடந்து தெருவில் வரும் ஊர்வலமா ஊருலகில் அவளப் போல பேர் வருமா
நல்ல பளிங்கு போல சிரிப்பு மனசப் பறிக்கும் பவள விரிப்பு
விளங்கிடாத இனிப்பு விவரம் புரிஞ்சிடாத துடிப்பு
சந்திர ஜோதி வந்தது போல் சுந்தர தேவி ஜொலிப்பு

The other song is a big shift from the folk / villuppAttu thingy. Possibly rAgA based and very sophisticated! SJ comes in the second saraNam to add to the enjoyment and GA has mostly generic lines (kuyilE / mayilE / jeevan / pAttu / rAgam / thALam) Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX18OLxJkRA

பல்லவி:

சோலைமலை ஓரம் கோலக் குயில் பாடும்
பாட்டுச்சத்தம் கேட்கலியோ
பாடி வரும் குயிலே நீ வா வா
தேடி வரும் மயிலே நீ வா வா

சரணம் 1:

பாட்டாலே நான் போட்ட பூவாரமே
படிப்பேனே நம் காதல் தேவாரமே
உன் பேரை நான் பாடத் தேனூறுமே
என் ஜீவன் உன்னோடு இளைப்பாறுமே
பாடி அழைத்தேன் உனையே வருவாய் குயிலே
தேடித் தவிக்கும் மனமே தினம் வா மயிலே
காதலெனும் ராகம் தாளம் கூடும் இடமே

சரணம் 2:

நான் பாடும் பாட்டென்றும் நீதானய்யா
நீயின்றி வாழ்வேனோ நான் தானய்யா
வாழ்வென்று வாழ்ந்தாலே உன்னோடுதான்
வா எந்தன் கண்ணா நீ என்னோடுதான்
ஜீவன் இருக்கும் வரைக்கும் உனையே நினைக்கும்
சேரத்துடிக்கும் இதயம் உனையே அழைக்கும்
கூட வரும் காலம் நேரம் இன்றே பிறக்கும்

I don't know how the movie fared at BO. Definitely not another karagAttakkAran. I saw only the titles, to make sure GA wrote the songs. (He did all except one credited to Vaalee in a special screen on the titles and it claims "udhadu ottAdha pAdal" Laughing)

Last edited by app_engine on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:09 pm

App,

Thanks for sharing. Hit anadha ..theiryadhu. analum...... romba azhagana album. indha padathu paatu
ellam  edho oru vidhayasamana amaipil irukum.

udadhu ottadha paatu.. Thandhen thandhen........

inum oru arumaiyana paatu.. SJ.. Ponnil vanam pottadhu...........  idhu yarudaiya kavidhai.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIuahQm4bgE

http://www.paadalgal.com/2013/06/villu-pattukaran-1992-tamil-mp3-songs-download-tamil-songs-villu-pattukaran.html

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:22 pm

[quote="Usha"]
inum oru arumaiyana paatu.. SJ.. Ponnil vanam pottadhu...........  idhu yarudaiya kavidhai.........
quote]

உஷா சேச்சி,

தந்தேன் தந்தேன் (உதடு ஒட்டாத பாட்டு) மட்டும் வாலி.
மற்ற எல்லாப்பாட்டுமே கங்கை அமரன் தான் Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:49 pm

#100 ooru sanam thoongiruchchu (SJ, mellath thiRandhadhu kadhavu)

A song that NEVER fails to both excite and soothe me Smile

I can keep talking about this MSV-IR real-collab song on and on for hours. However, since this is time to celebrate GA, being the 100th song we host in this special thread for him, let me stick to the pAdal varigaL Smile

பல்லவி:

ஊரு சனம் தூங்கிருச்சு ஊதக் காத்தும் அடிச்சிருச்சு
பாவி மனம் தூங்கலையே அதுவும் ஏனோ புரியலையே

சரணம் 1:

குயிலு கருங்குயிலு மாமன் மனக்குயிலு
கோலம் போடும் பாட்டாலே
மயிலு இளம் மயிலு மாமன் கவிக்குயிலு
ராகம் பாடும் கேட்டாலே, சேதி சொல்லும் பாட்டாலே
உன்ன எண்ணி நானே உள்ளம் வாடிப்போனேன்
கன்னிப் பொண்ணுதானே என் மாமனே என் மாமனே
ஒத்தயிலே அத்த மக ஒன்ன நெனச்சு ரசிச்ச மக
கண்ணு ரெண்டும் மூடலையே காலம் நேரம் கூடலையே

சரணம் 2:

மாமன் ஒதடு பட்டு நாதம் தரும் குழலு
நானா மாறக் கூடாதா?
நாளும் தவமிருந்து நானும் கேட்ட வரம்
கூடும் காலம் வாராதா? மாமன் காதில் ஏறாதா?
நெலாக் காயும் நேரம் நெஞ்சுக்குள்ளே பாரம்
மேலும் மேலும் ஏறும் இந்த நேரந்தான் இந்த நேரந்தான்
ஒன்ன எண்ணிப் பொட்டு வெச்சேன் ஓலைப் பாயப்போட்டு வெச்சேன்
இஷ்டப்பட்ட ஆச மச்சான் என்ன ஏங்க ஏங்க வெச்சான்?

What always amazes me in this song is while sticking to the folk styled rustic language, a high level of sophistication is reached! That GA speciality, of NOT dumbing down either the characters or the audience with some sirukki / kuchchi / rAkku kind of gibberish! Another thing is the terrific capture of the intended mood - one that of yearning for the love, affection, relationship to extreme levels (உன்ன எண்ணி நானே உள்ளம் வாடிப்போனேன்) but without losing sense Smile I mean, the girl is still "thinking" (அதுவும் ஏனோ புரியலையே) Smile

The level of closeness she wants to have with the boy is so sweetly expressed in "மாமன் ஒதடு பட்டு நாதம் தரும் குழலு நானா மாறக் கூடாதா?" which is musical as well Smile

On top of it, beautifully sticks to the movie situation too. (Connects this song to the "kuzhaloodhum kaNNanukku" number of the same film, Radha on the screen for both the landmark songs!)

The same pallavi melody serves as saraNam endings too, with different sentences, adding to the beauty of the song (ஊரு சனம் = ஒத்தயிலே = ஒன்ன எண்ணி) Smile
Often, when they do such "replacement words for pallavi" (a standard feature in nAttuppuRappAttu), they skip the original pallavi and jump to interlude / next saraNam. Fortunately for us, in this song, rAsA-GA-RS combo repeated ஊரு சனம் & ஊதக் காத்து to bring a great deal of satisfaction!

The most interesting part for me in this song is the overall feelings evoked. Sure enough, there's a mild melancholy. However, it is not a hopeless situation - the yearnings may not go unfulfilled! That makes this song some kind of "mona lisa" in TFM Smile(There's this mysterious smile embedded inside the melidhAna sOgam)!

Simply put, classic!

In every sense of the word!

Last edited by app_engine on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:15 am; edited 3 times in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:42 pm

app,
 indha GA.. MSV aiyum.. IR aiyum purinjinda GA... adhanala athanai azhagana lyric.......

Santham.. idharku unmaiyana sondhakarar indha GA............... 

vaarthaigalum. adutha adutha varigalum...  meaningful aga  thodarum ........  Great GA..........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Project concluding remarks...

As indicated during the time I opened this thread, I have posted about 100 songs penned by GA - all nice ones, leaving out even bigger hits that can't be held dear by all (e.g. ponmEni uruguthE)- thus completing what I've signed up for Smile

I felt that it is something an appreciator of rAsA music must do to his brother, despite the irritations he causes (to us) from time to time, such as the recent "MSV-copy" loose talk.

I originally planned to also spend some posts on GA's directorial ventures. However, most of them got highlighted among the songs anyways and won't be necessary. (e.g. karagAttakkAran / enga ooru pAttukkAran). If anything, we haven't talked about his first movie kOzhi koovudhu which had often been discussed on various forums thanks to great 'EdhO mOgam - vanakkiLiyE' song anyways and doesn't demand more attention.

He is a decent singer IMHO and had a number of hits. Prominent among them being 'sOlai pushpangaLE', 'vadakkuththeru vaNNakkiLi', 'poojaikkEththa poovidhu' duets. On many youtubes, one can see him instantly singing when talking about songs, with correct pitch / notes / pronunciation etc just like that! He has to be applauded for that!

He was a capable MD. suvar illAtha siththrangaL, mouna geethangaL, vAzhvE mAyam are proof enough for his tune-making capabilities. Had he not indulged in that recent loose talk, I would have spent a few posts on some of my fav songs MD-ed by him but not motivated to do that now.

With these remarks, let me complete my blA-blA on GA Smile

vAzhaga rAsAvin thambi pallANdu, vaLamudan!

Last edited by app_engine on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:38 pm

Fantastic effort App in compiling and posting about these wonderful songs penned by GA - cheers applause You have definitely changed the perception of GA as a lyricist in most of us and my respect for his lyrical prowess has grown multifold.

BTW, when was his recent talk about "MSV-copy", is there a youtube video or anything? Thanks.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:57 pm

rajkumarc wrote:BTW, when was his recent talk about "MSV-copy", is there a youtube video or anything? Thanks.

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN2kp1JoojM

From 7 minutes on. Ooma kusumbu.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:23 am

mikka nanRi rajkumarc, for the kind appreciation!

musicalaya.net opened the opportunity to appreciate this pAdal Asiriyar and I made use of it Smile

Once our IR Tracks database gets completed (project WIP), each pAdal Asiriyar will possibly get his due recognition! (We can simply do a spreadsheet filter and see who had written what, no doubts and guess work!)

That will be the contribution by our forum to not-so-much-recognized song writers!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:
rajkumarc wrote:BTW, when was his recent talk about "MSV-copy", is there a youtube video or anything? Thanks.

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN2kp1JoojM

From 7 minutes on. Ooma kusumbu.

Thanks for sharing the video. Really irritating comments by GA, will never understand why he cannot whole heartedly appreciate his brother's musical genius. He will always provide glowing tributes and then also pull the rug. Maybe we should direct these folks to our thread discussing why IR is one of a kind Very Happy

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:24 pm

App ji,
Congratulations on completing yet another (I believe 3rd one after SPB-IR thread and IR-film sleeves thread) thread successfully. Hats off to your dedication. noteworthy:noteworthy:This thread should serve as a reference material for those who want to know more about Gangai Amaran's lyrical skills and also for those who under-rate him.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:05 pm

mikka nanRi V_Sji, for the appreciation!

Reg. projects initiated / completed on the net, I've earlier posted a list Smile

With the GA thingy completed, let me update it here :

COMPLETED

1. The first one I ever did : IR's 1000 stars : http://tfmpage.com/forum/cgi-bin/list_or.pl?start=/home/forumh3/tfmpage/www/forum/26818.9790.08.30.15.html&all=1

2. SPB-IR hit songs project was a biggie, ran for >400 days, with 415 songs!
START: http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB&p=676906&viewfull=1#post676906  
END: http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?10051-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-Part-2&p=880778&viewfull=1#post880778

3. rAsA's TFM disk / cassette sleeve pics : https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t63-vinyl-lp-record-covers-speak-about-ir-pictures-details
Result : http://www.mediafire.com/download/9ogd99ls877cl9z/Vinyl_Posted.zip

4. LEARN TO READ MALAYALAM, teaching Mal alphabets : https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t93-learn-to-read-malayalam-using-vinyl-lp-record-covers-and-such-movie-based-resources
PDF done too : http://www.mediafire.com/download/22xa46aiy9hogx4/malayalam_reading_lessons.pdf

5.  100 special picks written by GA under rAsA music (This thread)

INCOMPLETE

1. "vizhi" songs in TFM : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8624-Vizhi-yE-kavidhai-ezhudhu

WIP

1. IR-VM : https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t96-ilayaraja-vairamuthu-combo-checks-balances

2. IR Tracks DB : https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t103-accurate-comprehensive-database-for-ir-movies-songs

3. குறள் இன்பம்: https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t118-topic

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:10 pm

Awesome work, App. May you go places !!! Thanks so much.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next