Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maestro's magic in Neethaane En Ponvasantham

+19
raajarasigan
kid_glove
sheepChase
sid_316
jaiganesh
Cinemarasigan
Karthikeyan
Wizzy
Sanjeevi
CF
Bala (Karthik)
HonestRaj
plum
V_S
Sakalakala Vallavar
app_engine
groucho070
sagi
23 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Maestro's magic in Neethaane En Ponvasantham - Page 9 Empty Re: Maestro's magic in Neethaane En Ponvasantham

Post  app_engine Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:12 pm

vijayr, the "once-upon-a-time-IRF-now-turned-into-anti-IRF", comments in the BRangan blog:

for having claimed that NEP is a Isaignani musical, Menon has left me wondering if raja took a vacation for the re recording , coz i don recall any of the tantalizing back ground score the legend has known to score. But having said that most of the songs and dialogues in NEP intertwine and arm wrestle with each other for space on screen .wonder if this sort of film making would be termed ” The Menon Genre” ( I recall GVM in an interview terming the songs are a new genre “raja genre”)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Maestro's magic in Neethaane En Ponvasantham - Page 9 Empty Re: Maestro's magic in Neethaane En Ponvasantham

Post  app_engine Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:07 pm

no panjam for interviews...

The Tamil version Neethana En Povasantham (NEP) stars Jiiva in place of Nani. Wouldn’t it have been convenient to have the same set of actors for both the languages? “Of course, it would have been easy for me. But for commercial reasons, I needed to have different heroes. Samantha is constant in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi. Having said that, both Jiiva and Nani have interpreted Varun’s character in their own different ways and made the films quite different,” says Gautham. He calls Nani a ‘gentleman actor’ and credits him for command over his language and diction. “He performs. All we needed to do was capture him through the camera,” adds Gautham.

Is "The Hindu" doing an indiaglitz kind of service ("offical promoters") to NEPV?
Rolling Eyes

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:26 pm

"அஞ்சுக்கு ரெண்டு பழுதில்லை"ன்னு சொல்லுவாங்களே, அப்படி வச்சுக்கலாம்னு நினைக்கிறேன்...கொஞ்சம் கூட பெருசா ஹிட் ஆயிருந்தா நல்லா இருந்திருக்கும்னாலும், இந்தப்பரபரப்பாவது வந்துச்சேன்னு திருப்திப்பட்டுக்க வேண்டியது தான்!

Yeto Vellipoyindi Manasu has raked in $135,123 (Rs 73.68 lakhs) at the USA Box Office in two days, while Neethaane En Ponvasantham grossed $69,708 (Rs 38.01 lakhs). However, the Telugu version has seen a big jump on Sunday. Trade analysts feel that its first weekend collection is expected to gross Rs 1.2 crore at the USA Box Office.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:32 am

The world is full of people who don't know ANYTHING about music but still want to write about it
Mad

இளையராஜாவின் இசையில் 'என்னோடு வா வா..." என்ற பாடல் திரும்ப திரும்ப கேட்கும் மொலோடியாக இருக்கிறது. மற்ற பாடல்கள் இளையராஜாவின் பழைய பாடல்களை ஞாபகப்படுத்துகிறது. பின்னணி இசையில் சில இடங்களில் வித்தியாசமான இசையை கொடுத்திருந்தாலும், பல இடங்களில் தனது பழைய பாணியை கடைப்பிடித்திருக்கிறார் ராஜா.
படத்தின் பின்னணியில் இளையராஜாவின் பழைய பாடல்களின் இசையையே பயன்படுத்தியிருப்பது புத்திசாலி தனம். இருப்பினும் கெளதம் மேனனின் முந்தையப் படங்களில் இருந்த வலுவான இசையோ, பாடல்களும் இதில் இல்லை என்பதை ஏற்றுகொள்ளதான் வேண்டும்.

It's one thing to say songs are not good etc.

However, it's absolutely ignorant and stupid to state that NEPV songs are "IR's old songs".

The fellow doesn't know either old songs of IR or music in general.

NEPV songs are anything but "old IR". Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Menonji in BR's blog -

You completely got the film and thank you for the positive review. Really happy you liked the film and the moments and the lines and the performances. Hope you are able to wield off the brickbats that come your way for writing this review. All the best with that. Normally a discussion about me or my work spews off a lot of hate from your fellow bloggers/followers. Discussion is good. ‘At least you are talking about me’, is how I look at it.
Loved reading the review. Thank you, seriously..

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Nerd wrote:Menonji in BR's blog -

You completely got the film and thank you for the positive review. Really happy you liked the film and the moments and the lines and the performances. Hope you are able to wield off the brickbats that come your way for writing this review. All the best with that. Normally a discussion about me or my work spews off a lot of hate from your fellow bloggers/followers. Discussion is good. ‘At least you are talking about me’, is how I look at it.
Loved reading the review. Thank you, seriously..
internettai seriousa eduthundaa kaalam pooravum 'post reply'
amuthinde dhaan irukkanum menon saab.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Why no one talking abt NEP making 1st of 2012 in milliblog?!? Isn't that a popular blog?!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:Why no one talking abt NEP making 1st of 2012 in milliblog?!? Isn't that a popular blog?!

I've already posted that in the NEPV thread of "IR only" section Smile

kadamai...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Oh, ogay! But why no one here is not feeling happy abt that? I was assuming milliblog was a popular one
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Popular blak #1, good thing. But avaru musical taste inga niraiya pErukku pidikkaadhu, incl. me. Raasaa paatta carbon dating ellaam apply panni review pannuvaar Laughing

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Sakala - ennayyA?
1) I dont visit that blog often - initially konjam interest irundhadhu. avaroda carbon dating teknikkis pArhthu miraNdu pOyi boycott paNNittEn
2) His taste is questionalbe for me - how would I rejoice if he places NEP at #1. mARAga, enakku ippO NEPV mEla illa doubt varum?

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:58 pm

The Lotus DVD (and the Rips in the Internet and also in thiruttu VCD market in TN) for both the films are already out. inimEl evan theater pOvaan Laughing

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:55 pm

ஒலகம் இன்னும் ரெண்டுநாள்ல அழிஞ்சிடும்ங்கறதால நாளை நான் பார்க்கப்போகிறேன்!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Just looked at itwofs Karthik's list:

Mudhal murai at #11, Saainthu at #24 and Vaanam Mella, Kaattrai Konjam and Satru Munbu are not even among the top 30, yes THIRTY songs this year it seems. What an outrageously silly list.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:36 pm

+1. Yes, somehow we could not validate why he chose NEPV as #1 when only one song made to his top 10 list.
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Sify's BO report fails to mention IR (or songs) as a factor for NEPV:
http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice.php?id=15015653&cid=13525926

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:03 am

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:நாளை நான் பார்க்கப்போகிறேன்!

Me too trying to go tomorrow - as it will be shown here only 2 more days possibly (on theater, that is)...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:20 am

leave your kids at home and then go. it is a watchable movie from any angle.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:07 am

Nerd wrote:Just looked at itwofs Karthik's list:

Mudhal murai at #11, Saainthu at #24 and Vaanam Mella, Kaattrai Konjam and Satru Munbu are not even among the top 30, yes THIRTY songs this year it seems. What an outrageously silly list.
LOL

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:01 pm

PRO working overtime

"success" meet fotos Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:06 pm

app_engine wrote: PRO working overtime

"success" meet fotos Laughing

As of what i see, it is released widely than kumki, in TN, AP and Bangalore. That itself says something. I guess this will keep running slowly & with decent crowd, for a month. So we cannot dismiss this totally as PRO act
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:08 pm

some transcript related to that success meet

Gautam wrote:
இளையராஜா...

வருண், நித்யா இரண்டு பேரோட கதையை சொல்றதுன்னுதான் இந்த படத்தை ஸ்டார்ட் பண்ணுனேன். அப்புறம் ‌ஜீவாவும், சமந்தாவும் உள்ளே வந்தாங்க. 25 டேய்ஸ் படம் ஷூட் பண்ணுனேன். அதுவரை மியூஸிக் யார்னு ஃபிக்ஸ் பண்ணலை. படத்துல எட்டு சாங்ஸ் இருக்கு, மியூசிக்குக்கு விஷயங்கள் இருக்கு... அந்த நேரத்தில்தான் ராஜா சாரோட மேனேஜர்கிட்ட ஃபோன்ல பேசி அப்பாயின்மெண்ட் வாங்கினேன். எனக்கு ஒரு பயம் அவர் ஓகே சொல்வாரான்னு. பட்.. என்னை அவ்வளவு தூரம் கம்ஃபர்ட்டபிளா ஃபீல் பண்ண வச்சு எங்கிட்ட நிறைய பேசி கதை பற்றி பேசி நான் ஷூட் பண்ணுன விஷுவல்ஸை அவரோட லேப் டாப்ல பார்த்து எட்டு சாங்ஸுக்கு 14 டியூன் போட்டுக் கொடுத்தார். லண்டன்ல அவர் ஒவ்வொரு இன்ஸ்ட்ரூமெண்டையும் மிக்ஸ் பண்ணுனப்போ நான் கூடவே இருந்தேன். ஸோ இது எனக்கு ஒரு மியூஸிகல் ஜர்னியாகவும் அமைஞ்சது.

Point to note :
rAsA watches movies on lap top too...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:14 pm

From the link app gave, note this lines

நீதானே என் பொன்வசந்தம் இருவிதமான விமர்சனங்களுடன் ஓடிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது. படம் எப்படியிருப்பினும் இளையராஜாவின் இசையை கௌதம் பயன்படுத்தியதும், சமந்தாவின் நடிப்பை வெளிக்கொணர்ந்ததும் இந்தப் படத்தின் முக்கியமான அம்சங்கள்.

which means mixed reviews and not a total rejeet as some ppl try tp project.

What we all shud have recalled b4 the movie release is, this movie is a gautam brand love story, with no villain and fight etc and only Santhanam, that too its Gautam controlled santanam and not the regular one we get to see. So, VTV itself is kind of example for what kind of film to expect
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:25 pm

i dint like vtv. not bcoz of simbu or arr
but bcoz of 3sha. she took the word 'ambiguous'
and interpreted it as 'amnesiac'. for real life
such characters can exist and keep befuddling
ppl around them. but cinema needs character
detailing or atleast exploration. in nep i was happy
to the extent that both varun and nithya confused
each other but not the audience.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:34 pm

the ennodu va va song and the scenes preceding that were completely misleading for me... i believed that samantha was convinced based on her facial expressions, her secret smiles when jeeva was not looking and her reactions in the bus... but there is a total disconnect when shows so much resistance in her conversation with jeeva...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next