Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்!

+26
thiruvizha
sid_316
equanimus
nasc
Michael AF
Joe
HonestRaj
balaji.r
kid_glove
Sanjeevi
mythila
Kaaling
Hamid
Cinemarasigan
jaiganesh
app_engine
Wizzy
V_S
groucho070
CF
plum
Karthikeyan
sagi
Bala (Karthik)
Sakalakala Vallavar
30 posters

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்! - Page 31 Empty Re: உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்!

Post  Bala (Karthik) Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:08 pm

No tickets for today. All shows sold out. Tomorrow, tickets only available for 6PM. So, naalai ondru, Monday night show oru trip

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்! - Page 31 Empty Re: உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்!

Post  Bala (Karthik) Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Innoru vishayam. Thalaivanin (writer, director) genre aalumai. Kubrick sishyappullai. Sandaikku varakkoodadhu, avangavanga porullukku avangavanga dhaane owner.

Last edited by Bala (Karthik) on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:24 pm

I'm not liking the way the matter is ending. I don't want him to stay in that country. If at all he has to, it should be Keralam. They have executed his spirit but the worst part is they (Govt + Load man, Radaan, Kaviperarasu types) are creating an illusion of a happy, not-so-bad ending.
The most obscene fall out of all this is a patronizing "helping" tone that is being offered. "The controversy and constant focus will ensure a humongous opening. Let's hope the public pays and watches the film, makes it a big hit and makes Kamal proud. The media has helped in a big way" - all this from a "well-wisher" dhananjayan.
Though it's a fact that the controvers(ies)y has made it/him a lot bigger, they are attributing everything to it[*]. And they are twisting his outburst as a *plea* for leniency, help. That hurts the most.

[*] - mathavangalukku irukkara media report/image building-ayum naama discount pannikkanum. Neenga pannavendiyadha pannittu pesungada. For example, none of these dastards have mentioned the holy "next to Endhiran" mantram.

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Apologies if this still aint the time to discuss on the film yet.

The ackson blaak was definitely more in-your-face, more pronounced than in thevar magan. There it was a lot subtle, I ll explain why (IMO and all that):
-Hero's been pushed to a corner, totally helpless
-Sympathy creating prayers, blood esra - cha paavamyaa ivaru
-Main-villain omnipotent, menacing
-Side-villain does the dumbest thing possible at that juncture
-Add the adrenaline pumping BGM + gravity defying stunts (shoot the window of the car and jump into that really?), repeating it in slo-mo etc.
-Not to forget the 1 Vs 100.

Tarantinan ellaam OK agreed, superb control over the medium and all that. Perhaps his best *directed* film, but script remmbbba weak-nE.. Viruman/Hey Raam ellaam script >> direction if you ask me.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:10 pm

Nerd
I assume you are comparing TM action with V's. I was comparing TM dance intro to V transformation.
Why? Presenting unabashed mainstream mass like only he can. Both are in-your-face. Of course he is going to set it all up. Pushed into the corner, blood, etc etc - of course (hence the Baasha ref) . And slo-mo action replay - that IS the deal! Gravity defying a edha solreenga? Bicycle kick-a? Why? Jumping in through the windows, while clearly over the top for impact, is not technically gravity defying :p. (while I'm typing I'm reminded of the fantastically set and edited vettaruva fight in Virumaandi second half)
By the way, Tarrantino reference was for this scene only.

Script, adhu dhaan sonnene, it actually seems like a split film (don't mean parts 1 and 2). Left a bit high and dry in both parts. Innum paathuttu enna thonudhu nu solren. Mathava innum konjam ezhudhungo

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:41 am

burger king! happy to note that u were allowed
ur share of worship. script dasa mode i hope u r referring
the shane warne style relentlessness in throwing
one twist after another was nicely done. but the villainy aspect
was not done fully. i mean dawkins ends up dead after
package interception and villain is not the least perturbed.
no john mclain moment there. he simple proceeds to
plan b . our guy meanwhile simply connects a computer record to
the ultimate trigger man. dat was an easy cop out scriptwise which
reflects in many people's statement abt abruptness in the end.
why the heck no cia? why no mention abt patriot act?
also ur thoughts on how the movie would have been if selva had
directed it? i thot it would have been more raw than the already
bloody movie we have seen.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  raghav316 Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:06 am

Bala (Karthik) wrote:I'm not liking the way the matter is ending. I don't want him to stay in that country. If at all he has to, it should be Keralam. They have executed his spirit but the worst part is they (Govt + Load man, Radaan, Kaviperarasu types) are creating an illusion of a happy, not-so-bad ending.
The most obscene fall out of all this is a patronizing "helping" tone that is being offered. "The controversy and constant focus will ensure a humongous opening. Let's hope the public pays and watches the film, makes it a big hit and makes Kamal proud. The media has helped in a big way" - all this from a "well-wisher" dhananjayan.
Though it's a fact that the controvers(ies)y has made it/him a lot bigger, they are attributing everything to it
[*]. And they are twisting his outburst as a *plea* for leniency, help. That hurts the most.

[*] - mathavangalukku irukkara media report/image building-ayum naama discount pannikkanum. Neenga pannavendiyadha pannittu pesungada. For example, none of these dastards have mentioned the holy "next to Endhiran" mantram.
totally agree...in the cnn ibn interview with sardesai,when asked whether he was convinced with the ramana dialogues given by jj,KH just she has realized and has come forward now...i would love to here from him after the movie releases and breaks all records

raghav316

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:51 am

I will never forgive JJ and TN Govt for doing this to Kamal and disrespecting an artist (for no valid reasons). Very sad, very sad. They are taking an artist in their hands. They are taking an artist and art for granted. 7 cuts with muted scenes for no valid reasons. What a shame! Even with all this damage done to art, artist and an icon, she gets away with heaps of praises from the TN film industry, while he has to take all the blame. He should have gone to SC. How many sleepless nights he would have had. I can't imagine the mental stress he would have gone through. What a shabby way to treat a legend. I am thoroughly disappointed.

Back to top Go down

Post  HonestRaj Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:17 pm

- padam parthachu.. i'm sure there were no cuts / mute.. so i got full
- pidichirukku
- i even liked 10A, vettayadu vilayadu.. i'm allergic to Manmadhan ambu, 5tricks, kadhala kadhala etc. kind of films from Kamal
- repeat value nitchayama irukku
- full house & people here liked it.. crowd included family audience - 6 to 60.. including ladies.. but sila idangalla nan rasichu sirikkum podhu, crowd was not with me
- saw in a low cost multiplex.. yesterday got the ticket.. able to get a seat only in 2nd row.. it was like the action happening just before me..
- indhiya.. avlo yaen.. pakistan muslim'ai kooda padam mosama siththarikkalai... idhai kooda purinjukka mudiyadhavanga.. Kamal padathula solla varra chinna chinna visayangalai saththiyama purinjukka mattanga..
- a must watch in big screen
- waiting for part II
- i repeat one more time, kamal come with "Thalaivan irukkiran" - u can do a damn good action film even at this age.. & i'm a c centre audience for most part of my life

& to take something like this.. only Kamal possible
HonestRaj
HonestRaj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Honest, Very happy for your review! I get a நிம்மதி after seeing that you liked the film and also say there is scope for 2nd watch!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:Honest, Very happy for your review! I get a நிம்மதி after seeing that you liked the film and also say there is scope for 2nd watch!
i wouldnt agree with ppl who say it is a one time watch.
it may not be the best, but sure it could be seen once again.
namma mela nambikkai vechurukkaar avar. nambikkai veen pogaadhu
sagala dheivamO manushanO nambikkai oru paadamaavadhu tharum.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  HonestRaj Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:Honest, Very happy for your review! I get a நிம்மதி after seeing that you liked the film and also say there is scope for 2nd watch!

crowd was very silent & eagerly watching the afghan part..
its something they don't get to see often.. esp. for family crowd / ladies..

- two malayalee boys were next to me... they could not able to read thamizh.. Kamal should have thought of adding english subtitle too for those arabic dialogues.. like "thamizh" / "english"..
HonestRaj
HonestRaj

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:33 pm

H_r
You are right it has to be watched at-least twice.

Was there standing ovation when the film ended. Many applauded where I watched when the film ended.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  HonestRaj Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:49 pm

No standing ovation or something like that.. there were claps for coming soon.. part II
but i over heard people talk during interval & also at the end.. "nalla eduthurukkanga"..
HonestRaj
HonestRaj

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:38 pm

thadai neekkam in TN

BBC wrote:

நடிகர் கமல்ஹாசனின் விஸ்வரூபம் திரைப்படத்தின் மீதான தடை உத்தரவு தமிழகத்தின் அனைத்து மாவட்டங்களிலும் விலக்கி கொள்ளப்பட்டதாக அறிவிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:42 pm

This lists the seven scenes getting deleted

Obviously spoilers but since they're getting deleted, can't be called spoilers anymore...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:42 am

I def need another watch.Why-becos the 1st time I was very impatient as in oru frustrated frame of mind-le paarthadhu.

The mind was in "somebody is going to barge in any moment to stop the film or there will be cuts in the movie any moment" mode

Hence,I was just willing the film to end soon so that I can have my "watched the film without problem" moment.

Indha impatience-le seriously the Afghan portions looked a tad too long.

Also,don't know why I was just waiting for some real action to happen.You know the macho, guns blazing ,type.

But still caught some real :goosebump: stuff.The photo with which Rahul identifies him,wow what an expression??

This film for me was more about KH using his face than body even in the kathak dance.

The humour was sprinkled in many places but like Honest,many places I was laughing while the others were silent.The worst audience I have watched a film with,it was like I was alone in the theatre.

This is 10A mode,that one had action piled up one after another leaving me breathless,The lack of drama here was intriguing,is it deliberate or just weak writing?

One more time,will be in a better position to discuss.

Really hope to see VR 2,this incomplete feeling lingers on

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:18 am

All
Welcome thambi Raghav from the hub (via twitter)

SS
You've got Rahmaniac company now Smile
raghav316 wrote:
totally agree...in the cnn ibn interview with sardesai,when asked whether he was convinced with the ramana dialogues given by jj,KH just she has realized and has come forward now...i would love to here from him after the movie releases and breaks all records

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:37 am

jaiganesh wrote:
why the heck no cia? why no mention abt patriot act?
Yup, the absence of CIA is conspicuous.

jaiganesh wrote:
also ur thoughts on how the movie would have been if selva had
directed it? i thot it would have been more raw than the already
bloody movie we have seen.
I'm not sure how Selva would have fit in this. Summa perukkaaga potruppaaro/poda vechiruppaangalo? Raw - doesn't get more violent than Thalaivan's. AS, Alavandhaan, Virumaandi, Hey Raam, now this.

As for Dasa, i don't mean it in an entirely positive sense.
e.g. some cringe-worthy scenes: The interrogation scenes and jokes "smart ass, maybe", Govt vandi with Indian flag and Saare jahaan se acha music, etc.
I wish Thalaivan gets out of this mode- seems to be a recent fetish. "Mu" (his next after V2) better not have anything to do with this side of Thalaivan . Karthi solradha paatha Yavarum Kelir subject, covers different time periods. Paappom

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 am

DTH on 15th?

படம் வரும் 8ம் தேதி 500 தியேட்டர்களில் ரிலீஸாகிறது. ஒரு வாரம் கழித்து வரும் 15ம் தேதி டிடிஎச்சில் ஒளிபரப்பப்படும் என்று தெரிகிறது. இது குறித்து கமல் டிடிஎச் நிறுவனத்துடன் பேசி வருவதாகக் கூறப்படுகிறது. இணைப்பு ஒன்றுக்கு ரூ.300 முதல் ரூ.500 வரை வசூலிக்கக்கூடும்.

Read more at: http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2013/02/vishwaroopam-be-shown-dth-on-feb-15-169128.html
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:52 am

Seems good start, with some record breaking, in north!

boxofficereport1 ‏@boxofficedetail
Exclusive.. #vishwaroop Weekend *actuals*.. Fri 2cr Sat 2.55cr Sun 3.5cr.. Total 8.05cr
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:58 am

Intha pakkam oru sound-um illa...wait, got one sound. The home ministry will be speaking with the Lotus Group head who happens to be his friend...it seems.

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one." - Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood in Dead Pool)
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:06 pm

I think SS mentioned the "endha kadavul" scene (in the context that he is not an atheist and his character shouldn't be saying that). I thought he meant "endha kadavul" given his real religious identity (indhukkadavula muslim kadavula)

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:22 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:Seems good start, with some record breaking, in north!

boxofficereport1 ‏@boxofficedetail
Exclusive.. #vishwaroop Weekend *actuals*.. Fri 2cr Sat 2.55cr Sun 3.5cr.. Total 8.05cr
Sakala
Alava celebrate panna nalladhu. Ours is a bilingual, Endhiran is a dubbed film. I and Karthi had a debate on this just now - he has a point but irundhaalum naama romba celebrate panna mudiyaadhu.
My points:
1. Idhu namakku perumai illa, Robot-ku thaan perumai (straight vs dubbed)
2. Indhi indhi nu Tamil la egappatta compromise - cast, MD, going away from rooted subjects
Karthi's points: 1. We got publicity in Hindi because of controversy alright but for Robot had tremendous hype (problem for us, apart from the fact that we spent little and got this much)
2. Robot more accessible (that's our problem, not Robot's)
3. Namakku marginal cost of making bilingual not all that great
4. Even if we are not making Tamil specific casting choices (e.g), straight Tamil padam edutha there is a cap for business and collection. Indhi la theatricals + TV rights oru 20-30 kedaikkin, adha viduvaane?

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Bala, 'atha viduvane' type santhoshathula thaan naanum post pannen! And yet to be seen if it completely breaks enthiran. ippo kEttaa, not sure thaan! So, agree ur points!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum