Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்!

+26
thiruvizha
sid_316
equanimus
nasc
Michael AF
Joe
HonestRaj
balaji.r
kid_glove
Sanjeevi
mythila
Kaaling
Hamid
Cinemarasigan
jaiganesh
app_engine
Wizzy
V_S
groucho070
CF
plum
Karthikeyan
sagi
Bala (Karthik)
Sakalakala Vallavar
30 posters

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்! - Page 30 Empty Re: உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்!

Post  jaiganesh Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:01 am

Fuck the conversation..
Kamal can potentially negotiate, kaalil vizundhufy and get the movie released - but what he is fighting is not just
communal hatred - it is communal hatred and blatant disregard for what is art? It happens here and will continue
to happen here because of the myopic vision everybody has - TN is really a state of blind and people with vision,
frankly cannot live and profess art. Other professions dont need such a requirement - but an artiste is defined by
sensibilities and morals - the truth in case of art is the conformity of work embracing the inner vision. If that is not
possible, to hell with law and order - 80s was a difficult time to make good movies - but once you made the movie,
no one stopped it from being screened. But current time in TN - everybody is goading an artiste to compromise for
a " greater good" - which in this case is lack of courage to face a simple fact - tomorrow this will increase manifold
to prevent the story of dalits from being told and so on and so forth - This first compromise will eventually cripple our
sensibilities totally and then will leave us with a big hole in the value system - Kamal is right when he says "He will move on".
I say amen - it is high time kamal sir. Take ILaiyaraaja with you too. please.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்! - Page 30 Empty Re: உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்!

Post  V_S Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:23 am

Well said Jai!. I am sick of all this hitlerism. Even leave alone all the politics. The moment I saw Murasoli Maaran being bundled (even when he was not in good health) out by 'her' police, I recognized the fate of TN, democracy and humanity, especially when in her hands. Don't even respect because they are former ministers, don't you respect them as humans?. I feel it is very childish to even think tit-for-tat that too at this age. Even in this issue, the ones who protested initially will back Kamal now, seeing all this. Kamal has a better place to live and better audience to serve. They don't know how to respect a true artist. They don't deserve a finest craftsman like Kamal. Very sad and disappointed.

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:28 am

I posted in my FB, asking Kamal to go to Hollywood now. Athulla pArungga, vanthuchu oru comment, comparing him to ARR, and how brown skins will have difficulty in getting offers. And that ARR doesn't have good offer.

I gave a weak response (Kamal already has an opportunity and he should start there) and left it at that. EnnA oru comparison Laughing

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one." - Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood in Dead Pool)
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:35 am

Saw the film, Didn't like it as much as I expected to. Nevertheless will be watching it again sooner.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:58 am

Yeah, you might change your mind.

Some glimmer of hope here, the minister watched and apparently liked it. That was word from the Lotus group, as per NOV's FB share, now it's missing. Hmm....

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one." - Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood in Dead Pool)
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:12 pm

politics not the reason it seems

lol!

விஸ்வரூபம் படத்திற்கு தடைக்கு விதிக்கப்பட்டு இருப்பதற்கு அரசியல் காரணம் இல்லை என்று நடிகர் கமல்ஹாசன் கூறியிருக்கிறார்.

விஸ்வரூபம் படத்திற்கு தடை விதிக்கப்பட்டு இருப்பதற்கு அரசியல் காரணம் என்று திமுக தலைவர் கருணாநிதி மற்றும் தேமுதிக தலைவர் விஜயகாந்த் ஆகியோர் கூறியுள்ள குற்றச்சாட்டை மறுக்கும் வகையில் அவர் இவ்வாறு கூறினார்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:16 pm

No supreme court

Looks like something is getting worked out with JJ...

மும்பை செல்லும் போது, சென்னை விமான நிலையத்தில் நிருபர்களுக்குப் பேட்டியளித்தார் நடிகர் கமலஹாசனிடம், இன்றே சுப்ரீம் கோர்ட்டில் அப்பீல் செய்வீர்களா என்று நிருபர்கள் கேட்டனர். அதற்கு பதிலளித்த கமல், என் நண்பர்கள் சிலர் அரசுடன் பேசி வருகின்றனர். நம்பிக்கை வார்த்தைகளைத் தந்துள்ளனர். எனவே நான் இப்போதைக்கு சுப்ரீம் கோர்ட் செல்லும் முடிவைத் தள்ளி வைத்துள்ளேன். அரசின் முடிவுக்காக பிப்ரவரி 6 ம் தேதி வரை காத்திருக்க முடிவு செய்துள்ளேன். இப்போது விஸ்வரூபம் இந்தி மற்றும் தமிழை வட இந்தியாவில் வெளியிடும் வேலைகளைக் கவனிக்க வேண்டியுள்ளது என்றார்.

Hopefully the Hindi version becomes a massive hit to make Kamal talk from a stronger position to TN gov. (i.e hit to such an extent that TN revenue is not the make or break thingy)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:28 pm

Regardless of one's personal opinions about JJ, this video is a MUST WATCH!

lol!

Some muththoos:

-The sensible way of maintaining law and order is to prevent violence from occuring (after giving a lot of statistics about state's police man power)

- I've been in politics long enough to know that Mr KH does not select the PM of the country... Laughing

-My only adversary is Karunanidhi and even his family produced movies I don't stall from releasing...why should I have grudge against KH (who is not my adversary).

-This is not political vendetta, KH is not my rival anyway etc...

Quite an interesting interview (she has become a seasoned politician)!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:33 pm

One shocking thing from this interview is TN GOV INSISTED IN KH SCREENING IN ADVANCE TO MUSLIM GROUPS!

So, it was not Kamal volunteering to show the movie to his sagOdhararkaL.

It was at the insistence of JJ (by her own admission on this video)!

Shocked

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:38 pm

She says Tauheed Jamaat has 7.5 lac members!

And concludes that it's not "fringe" elements as the media would like to believe. (She is asking "do I control Singapore / UAE, why did they ban")

Quite an interesting twist!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:41 pm

She says center doesn't have any say in TN disallowing movies to be screened. (Quotes dam999 which TN banned and same was upheld in SC).

Ridicules central minister Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:08 pm

How cunning! Trying to hide (poosanikkai-rice) everything and diverting the whole issue to bring back some credibility. You have to see how Cho was struggling yesterday and first time I was seeing him searching for words. Intelligent reports, no controversies in yesteryear films and blah...blah....all buruda... That TN Govt. lawyer, saying the same thing again and again for whatever questions asked, totally clueless. The whole interview by IBN is too good and right on your face. All this made them think, if they can't face public, they will lose their faces. That's why that press meet.

This is what you do to a human and artist who sold his material wealth for the art?. This is how you respect an icon? One thing which pains me even with all this, she is winning every time. She won the case when re-appealed. By not allowing Kamal to go to SC, she again won. Had he gone to SC, she knows he will win, so she makes every attempt to solve the issue here itself, so that she does not lose. She even won when Kamal agreed to cut the (non) controversial portions. She won when Kamal agreed for the talks. Why can't good and honest people win? That is too paining for me.

With all this, I am very happy that every media (especially NI media) and people were always with Kamal and supported him well. Thank you!.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:39 am

mu-ka having fun

விக்ரம் படம் தொடர்பாக எம்.ஜி.ஆருக்கு ஜெ. கடிதம் எழுதியதற்கான ஆதாரம் உள்ளது : கருணாநிதி

சென்னை: விக்கரம் திரைப்படம் தொடர்பாக மறைந்த முதல்வர் எம்.ஜி.ஆருக்கு, தற்போதைய முதல்வர் ஜெயலலிதா எழுதிய கடிதம் குறித்து ஆதாரம் உள்ளதாக திமுக தலைவர் கருணாநிதி கூறியுள்ளார். முதல்வர் ஜெயலலிதா அளித்த மறுப்பிற்கு கருணாநிதி பதிலளித்துள்ளார். இந்த ஆதாரம் முதல்வர் தம் மீது வழக்கு போடும் போது நீதிமன்றத்தில் காட்டப்படும் என்று கூறியுள்ளார்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:40 am

Never expected a compromise from JJ. Even though I wish Kamal shouldn't have agreed to cutting portions of the movie to whims and fancies of a few people, given his dire personal/financial situation what else he could do. Really sad to see an iconic artist like Kamal having to do all this to get his movie released.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:29 am

As a fan,as a person who admires ethics,principals etc,even a single minute of forced cut is unacceptable.

But then every other film goes which goes through the censor is suggested/ordered cuts.So the creator's actual vision not getting to public view happens/happened.

Will have to justify that this went through double censor.

Also the film has been made for public viewing,a moral victory in the SC will not suffice as till the state is hostile,the film will never make it to the theatres.

Like it or not,a compromise which will not mutilate the film and make you lose self respect is the best way forward.

B(K),released in Singai yesterday,paarthacha???

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:19 pm

btw,

went back watching viruman first half hour... ippo naan edhum sollala... nerd, jai, am thavira vera yarum pakkalaya? evlo naal'yaa wait panradhu...??

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:39 pm

What a turn around of events in just one day! Only TN possible! Smile

JJ
It's Kamal's fault to make a controversial movie.
It's Kamal's fault to delay screening Viswaroopam for Muslim brothers.
It's Kamal's fault to proceed to court instead of coming to me and solving it (after she imposed a ban, which is 100% right it seems).
It's Kamal's fault to pledge his properties for his film.

Kamal
I am grateful to her.
She is right, she is absolutely right. I am wrong.
I am always willing to compromise.

Kamal ji, even after so much torture and mental stress in the last few months, how could you even say these words. You are too straight-forward, honest, polite and humble. We all need to learn from you. Hats off!. But world is not like your clean heart as you think. It is kaliyugam!.

One things which irks me with all this, after so much heated discussions among people in the North (including the media) and openly coming to help and support Kamal (only because it has happened for Kamal), next day, you try to solve this issue internally, which almost nullified their work too. This might hesitate them to intervene if similar thing happens in future.

The biggest comedy is the TN film fraternity who were silent and tight-lipped (except Captain and BR and few other, hats off to them, who openly opposed the decision) came up for a press-meet after things getting easing up (so that they can talk now). Way to go! Not even a silent protest by them and that's the solidarity for you (fear, fear and fear!). Even there, they were only thanking her unanimously (including Prabhu?), as if she corrected everything, which you made wrong. What a support you got from film the industry! You deserve much more!.

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:13 pm

SS, chumma pechunga.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:12 pm

2040 wrote:btw,

went back watching viruman first half hour... ippo naan edhum sollala... nerd, jai, am thavira vera yarum pakkalaya? evlo naal'yaa wait panradhu...??
I can understand. The movie is not Kamal's best as director - the mileu is not a familiar one and that shows - while the art direction brings in authenticity - there is always going to be that lack of detail which we are used to from a kamal movie - Given that the aspirations of giving public an action movie with authentic stunts and pyro technics (to prove we can do what holly does with lesser investment) - the movie passes muster - I sincerely hope that he gets back into the making meaningful smaller movies or move to hollywood - making meaningful smaller movies there. Having said that - Vishwaroopam is still a decent time pass movie with fantastic drama in Afghanisthan portions.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Enjoy!!

அம்மா நேர்காணல் - அனந்த கோடி அர்த்தங்கள்
http://pitchaipathiram.blogspot.in/2013/02/blog-post.html
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:56 pm

SS, the only person not seen till now is Bala. Plum too had not seen but naama intha matterla avarai oru aaLaa consider panna veNdaam! lol!

So, go ahead with ur posts about Vishwa!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:12 pm

I'm hoping to watch it one more time to just show support to the movie. I did like it for the most part, it's a well made film overall, with a few shortcomings that we can live with. Of course, I like Hey Ram much much better than VR and I like VR much more than Dasa which I didn't like it at all.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:12 am

Sakala
Ellaam pottaachu pottaachu! Thursday watched 3,6,9pm shows back to back. Naalai rendu show paakkaruthukkaana vaippugal irukku

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:46 am

B(K),
:thumbsup:

Neer dhaanya real fan,naan ellam exhaust fan.

Rendu vaarthai sollavum.

I saw yesterday,opinion posted 'ange'.Am travelling this weekend,appuram varen.

But IMO,a real evaluation can be done only when Part 2 releases,would love to watch both parts in one go.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:57 pm

Disjointed thoughts (still in a charged, angry and upset frame of mind), some disjointed elements in the film also - Thalaivan attempting a balancing act. Elements of Hey Ram + Dasa.

Nerd mentioned that he was surprised about Kamal playing to the gallery. Why the surprise, he has done it brilliantly in the past. Equa sollum "mainstream" la dhaane Thalaivan operate panraapla. Thevar Magan dance intro was also in-your-face playing to the gallery but how! It is organic to the film. Here, the now famous transformation scene is exactly that and what he has pulled off is just Thevar Magan level * 10. The audacity to actually have an action replay is podiMASS lol! :notworthy: Something like the Pudikkala maamu deprature. The transformation starts in the photo itself (andha kangal, pppaaa!) and when blood starts oozing. Unmatched intensity. Thuppaakki yen, Thala has done a Maanick Baasha setting here. The point is, idhu enna level la vandhurukku? Tarrantino pathi ellaam pesarome? The playing to the gallery bit that was atypical was the "walk in slow motion" pointer to V2 - aana works as a mainstream hook i guess

Afghanistan segment - a lot is unsaid. In one way, unsaid = tale told visually without dialogues. In another way, there's some background that is not 'shown'. Let's see how much of that is covered in V2. These portions have potential for more juice than the bomb diffusion parts. Some Dasa moments in the 2nd half, accentuated by an atrocious ROTFL BGM piece that comes in 2 places. The 2nd instance is cornyMAX. Clearly, the decision to split the film into 2 parts doesn't look like the original intent.
[Ex-hubber Girish met Thalaivan in the sets in Mumbai and the scenes they shot comes in the trailer for part 2. The chair stunt is also shown. I wonder if it's only 10% of the shooting they have completed?]

As for the balancing act, i wonder if the Dasa mode phase should have packed in more "happening" moments.

P.S: One marine regretting shooting a woman, Omar being certain that they will not target women and children - surprised Kamal had these in the film. I would like to believe he "compromised" here

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum