Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ilaiyaraaja Music in TIDAL MQA?

2 posters

Go down

Ilaiyaraaja Music in TIDAL MQA? Empty Ilaiyaraaja Music in TIDAL MQA?

Post  panniapurathar Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:04 am

Is anyone using TIDAL for streaming music?  Are there any active subscribers here who can tell us if they carry IR's music in MQA quality?  Is it worth it to get a subscriptions if 90% of what you listen to is IR (the other 10% is WCM)

panniapurathar

Back to top Go down

Ilaiyaraaja Music in TIDAL MQA? Empty Re: Ilaiyaraaja Music in TIDAL MQA?

Post  irfan123 Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:20 pm

panniapurathar wrote:Is anyone using TIDAL for streaming music?  Are there any active subscribers here who can tell us if they carry IR's music in MQA quality?  Is it worth it to get a subscriptions if 90% of what you listen to is IR (the other 10% is WCM)
i used qobuz which has good quality compared to tidal. i downloaded psycho

irfan123

panniapurathar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  panniapurathar Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:49 pm

Thank you for this tip.  I will check out that site.  
What with MAHA and other high quality channels drying up - more of us are probably looking for good sources to listen to IR's music.  For those of us who benefitted from MAHA, Madhura Sudha etc.  - please consider donating to them if you can.

I just signed up for a trial for TIDAL.  They have a good collection of IR.  The quality is good.  But they do not have MQA files.  I am not sure if I will continue the subscription.   It is probably a great site if you are into a range of music (maybe someone like Crimson King and Ferocious would have their prog rock music fixes thru TIDAL?) IRfan, thank you for Qobus - do you know if the price of download is similar to apple music?  Also, what is the audio resolution of the files they let you download?  Thank you!

panniapurathar

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:44 pm

i was told by some raja fans who have compared audio that qobuz has much better quality and lossless compression rate compared to tidal. From qobuz (available only in few countries) i had one of my friend download and send me copy for psycho (wma and flac format). 

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/psycho-tamil-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-ilaiyaraaja/z7ojusia0rdlb

I am not a big fan of subscription format again it is just revenue generating medium . I go with only induvidual track or albums.

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down