Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

+23
counterpoint
crvenky
FerociousBanger
Jose S
raagakann
SenthilVinu
irir123
jaiganesh
sundar.arzach
vss1902
Kr
IsaiRasigan
vigneshram
sudhakarg
irfan123
nanjilaan
kamalaakarsh
ravinat
BC
crimson king
Usha
mythila
app_engine
27 posters

Page 9 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 42  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  IsaiRasigan Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:24 am

Oh, just the usual thing

மாமனிதனுக்கு மாயாஜாலம் காட்டிய இசைஞானி - பத்து நிமிடத்தில் 5 பாடல் கம்போஸிங் By Vinoth R| Updated: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 8:24 [IST] Mamanithan shooting spot சென்னை: விஜய் சேதுபதி நடிப்பில் சீனு ராமசாமி இயக்கத்தில் உருவாகும் மாமனிதன் திரைப்படத்தின் பாடல் கம்போஸிங்கை 10 நிமிடத்தில் முடித்து கொடுத்துவிட்டார் இளையராஜா. ஒரு புறம் பாடலாசிரியர்கள் பாடல் வரிகளை எழுத, உடனே இளையராஜா அந்த பாடல் வரிகளுக்கான ட்யூன்களை கம்போஸ் செய்து மாயாஜாலம் நிகழ்த்தி விட்டார். இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவிற்கு நிகர் இளையராஜா தான். அவருடன் போட்டியிட்டு யாராவது வெல்ல முடியுமா. இசையாலேயே நம்மை எல்லாம் ஆட்டி வைக்கவும் அடக்கி வைக்கவும் அவரால் மட்டுமே முடியும். இதற்கு சான்றாக நடைபெற்றுள்ளது ஒரு இனிய சம்பவம்.

Read more at: https://tamil.filmibeat.com/music/ilaiyaraaja-made-music-magic-for-maamanithan-film-063447.html?utm_medium=Desktop&utm_source=FB-TA&utm_campaign=Similar-Topic-Slider
வான்சன் மூவிஸ் நிறுவனம் மற்றும் இசையமைப்பாளர் யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா இருவரும் இணைந்து மாமனிதன் எனும் திரைப்படத்தை தயாரித்துள்ளனர். இப்படத்தில் விஜய் சேதுபதி கதாநாயகனாகவும், காயத்ரி கதாநாயகியாகவும் நடித்துள்ளனர். சீனு ராமசாமி இயக்கும் இந்த படத்திற்கு இசையமைக்கிறார் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா. சீனு ராமசாமி, விஜய் சேதுபதி, யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா கூட்டணியில் உருவாகிவரும் மூன்றாவது திரைப்படம் மாமனிதன். இப்படத்தின் பாடல் ரெகார்டிங் செப்டம்பர் 14ஆம் தேதி தொடங்கியது. ரெகார்டிங் ஸ்டுடியோவில் இளையராஜா நுழைந்த பத்தே நிமிடத்தில் ஐந்து பாடல்களுக்கான ட்யூன்களை கம்போஸ் செய்து யுவன் கொடுத்துவிட்டார். இதில் இரண்டு பாடல்களுக்கு பழனி பாரதி பாடல் வரிகளை எழுத மூன்று பாடல்களுக்கு பாடல் வரிகளை எழுதியுள்ளார் பா.விஜய். அவர்கள் பாடல் வரிகளை எழுத ஒரு புறம் இளையராஜா ட்யூன் கம்போஸ் செய்ய 10 நிமிடங்களில் பாடல் பதிவை முடித்து மேஜிக் செய்துள்ளார் இளையராஜா. இதனை பெருமையோடு தனது ட்விட்டர் பக்கத்தில் பதிவிட்டுள்ளார் யுவன்சங்கர்ராஜா. இந்த ரெகார்டிங் நடைபெறும் போது இயக்குனர் சீனு ராமசாமி கூட அங்கே இல்லை என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது. இளையராஜா அவர்கள் 1980களில் இருந்தே தனக்கு விருப்பமான பாடலாசிரியர்களை வைத்து தான் பாடல்களை உருவாக்கி வருகிறார். இப்படமும் அது போலவே முடிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவால் மட்டுமே இது போன்ற மேஜிக் செய்யமுடியும் என்பதை மறுபடியும் நிரூபித்துள்ளார்.

Read more at: https://tamil.filmibeat.com/music/ilaiyaraaja-made-music-magic-for-maamanithan-film-063447.html?utm_medium=Desktop&utm_source=FB-TA&utm_campaign=Similar-Topic-Slider

IsaiRasigan

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  mythila Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:51 pm

Yesterday's Bangalore edition of "The Hindu" informed of an upcoming IR concert here on Nov 16 with legends like SPB, KJY, Chitra and full fledged live orchestra. An extensive world tour spanning countries in Europe, US, middle east will follow suit ! 

ravinat should loosen up a bit and allow IR to reap some dividends of his glorious past Smile

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:26 pm

IR's interview...... Thank u sagi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eg6p0WShek

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:35 am

mythila wrote:Yesterday's Bangalore edition of "The Hindu" informed of an upcoming IR concert here on Nov 16 with legends like SPB, KJY, Chitra and full fledged live orchestra. An extensive world tour spanning countries in Europe, US, middle east will follow suit ! 

ravinat should loosen up a bit and allow IR to reap some dividends of his glorious past Smile

In any case, live shows are the no.1 revenue source for artists these days.  SPB has come twice or something in last 2-3 years to Bombay, just to sing Hindi songs that too.  Everybody is touring because the film music scene is dead.  So be it, let people enjoy watching IR songs performed live with his own asthana musicians like Napoleon and Prabhakar.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:28 am

crimson king wrote:  Everybody is touring because the film music scene is dead.  So be it, let people enjoy watching IR songs performed live with his own asthana musicians like Napoleon and Prabhakar.

Plus Laszlo Kovacs and the BSO Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:37 am

app_engine wrote:
crimson king wrote:  Everybody is touring because the film music scene is dead.  So be it, let people enjoy watching IR songs performed live with his own asthana musicians like Napoleon and Prabhakar.

Plus Laszlo Kovacs and the BSO Smile
Yes, definitely!

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  raagakann Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:04 am

mythila wrote:Yesterday's Bangalore edition of "The Hindu" informed of an upcoming IR concert here on Nov 16 with legends like SPB, KJY, Chitra and full fledged live orchestra. An extensive world tour spanning countries in Europe, US, middle east will follow suit ! 

This show will be different.  IR's kannada songs will be given priority with few Telugu and Tamil songs.  The show will be similar to the one which IR performed at a Ganesha Festival venue at Bangalore (Free Entry) few years back

raagakann

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:51 pm

Sorry Mythila, no loosening, but tightening.

In my YT channel, I spoke about how film music as we know is likely to die in the next decade. The message did not get across.

I am writing an argument series in SV magazine and the next article is on film music and how we will be the last generation to enjoy rich film music. 

It is nothing to do with human talent or creativity. It is to do with the economics of entertainment. This will be a challenge to all composers not just Raja.

The most stupid thing I can think of is this: the TV networks are preparing kids to sing under a composer, who him/herself may not be required. They need to be trained as independent artists.

I have nothing against Raja reaping dividends of his wide body of work. I think he is cut out for more challenging projects than that. But he and his musicians need to survive, which I understand fully. The man takes his responsibility seriously.

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:38 pm

ravinat wrote:

In my YT channel, I spoke about how film music as we know is likely to die in the next decade. The message did not get across.

I am writing an argument series in SV magazine and the next article is on film music and how we will be the last generation to enjoy rich film music. 

It is nothing to do with human talent or creativity. It is to do with the economics of entertainment. This will be a challenge to all composers not just Raja.

The most stupid thing I can think of is this: the TV networks are preparing kids to sing under a composer, who him/herself may not be required. They need to be trained as independent artists.

I have nothing against Raja reaping dividends of his wide body of work. I think he is cut out for more challenging projects than that. But he and his musicians need to survive, which I understand fully. The man takes his responsibility seriously.

What is your Youtube channel id please?

As for the TV networks, none of the singers who came out of Indian Idol or Voice or even Super Singer have found lasting careers in the film industry.  A few like Satya Prakash do get assignments but are by no means in the top echelon of film music singers. Whereas Meri Awaz Suno produced Sunidhi Chauhan and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa produced Shreya Ghoshal.  Strange how that works, huh.  Likewise, Haricharan was a finalist in Ragamalika and I believe Karthik won or participated in Saptaswarangal.  The older shows seemed to have something going for them.  Linda Eder was virtually unbeatable in Star Search when she was introduced to Frank Wildhorn and made a name for herself later as a theater singer.  Whereas, the only American Idol star to have had a solid career is Kelly Clarkson.  Leona Lewis had a good thing for a while before disappearing.  And Adam Lambert did not win it but still landed a Queen gig.  That's not much for a nearly 20 year old show, even longer if you add Pop Idol.  In short, these shows don't have much to do with producing talent, sadly.

And re the direction of the music industry, we have had a good discussion about this before and I feel the economics are sadly skewed AGAINST producing original and inventive studio output and live gigs pay much better.  Albeit they only pay well for big time artists and smaller bands struggle to even recover their cost.  But the 21st century is taking us back to the pre-recording age when it comes to music.  Big name publishing will die out too.  Art is 'demonetised' in this century and is being forced to go back to older, less viable economic models because the wonderful 20th century mass distribution models are dead.  Cinema is hanging on but Hollywood is badly saturated by Marvel/DC and produces great cinema only in spurts. The effect of the political correctness doctrine has also been to kill weird or unusual characters in the movies.  I am not even talking of really great stuff like Cuckoo's Nest or Network.  I don't think even movies like Dead Zone or Phenomenon can be made now.  Or Wolf for that matter.  I am thoroughly confused as to what do people come to see in movies anymore.  Between the endless stream of superhero flicks, biopics and Disney frame by frame 'live action' remakes of animated classics, Hollywood has become more boring than it has possibly ever been, or at least at any time since the late 60s revolution.  I almost feel like we are more likely to see something interesting from Bollywood or Kollywood if only because our market has yet to reach saturation.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:00 am

crimson king wrote:
ravinat wrote:

As for the TV networks, none of the singers who came out of Indian Idol or Voice or even Super Singer have found lasting careers in the film industry.  A few like Satya Prakash do get assignments but are by no means in the top echelon of film music singers. Whereas Meri Awaz Suno produced Sunidhi Chauhan and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa produced Shreya Ghoshal.  Strange how that works, huh.  Likewise, Haricharan was a finalist in Ragamalika and I believe Karthik won or participated in Saptaswarangal.  The older shows seemed to have something going for them.  Linda Eder was virtually unbeatable in Star Search when she was introduced to Frank Wildhorn and made a name for herself later as a theater singer.  Whereas, the only American Idol star to have had a solid career is Kelly Clarkson.  Leona Lewis had a good thing for a while before disappearing.  And Adam Lambert did not win it but still landed a Queen gig.  That's not much for a nearly 20 year old show, even longer if you add Pop Idol.  In short, these shows don't have much to do with producing talent, sadly.

And re the direction of the music industry, we have had a good discussion about this before and I feel the economics are sadly skewed AGAINST producing original and inventive studio output and live gigs pay much better.  Albeit they only pay well for big time artists and smaller bands struggle to even recover their cost.  But the 21st century is taking us back to the pre-recording age when it comes to music.  Big name publishing will die out too.  Art is 'demonetised' in this century and is being forced to go back to older, less viable economic models because the wonderful 20th century mass distribution models are dead.  Cinema is hanging on but Hollywood is badly saturated by Marvel/DC and produces great cinema only in spurts. The effect of the political correctness doctrine has also been to kill weird or unusual characters in the movies.  I am not even talking of really great stuff like Cuckoo's Nest or Network.  I don't think even movies like Dead Zone or Phenomenon can be made now.  Or Wolf for that matter.  I am thoroughly confused as to what do people come to see in movies anymore.  Between the endless stream of superhero flicks, biopics and Disney frame by frame 'live action' remakes of animated classics, Hollywood has become more boring than it has possibly ever been, or at least at any time since the late 60s revolution.  I almost feel like we are more likely to see something interesting from Bollywood or Kollywood if only because our market has yet to reach saturation.
CK

I shamelessly put in a couple of self plugs in the 'unusual orchestration' threads. It will be over the top if I do it again. My YT channel was on Artificial Intelligence and I did cover music as a profession that will be impacted by AI. 

When my SV article gets published, I will have another chance to shamelessly do a self plug. I have written the article as an argument (I have written a series of articles recently as arguments as I thought that will drive home the message better). My YT channel was a dud and never got anywhere. I am not a video guy and I will stay away from it. 

I agree with music being demonetized and most of the artists simply do not understand it. Even folks like AR who have a lot of HW connections. HW is producing endless trash as they have not figured out a good money spinner yet. Case in point - doing a remake of Lion King shows these guys have run out of steam.

ravinat

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:38 am

ravinat wrote:
crimson king wrote:
ravinat wrote:

CK

I shamelessly put in a couple of self plugs in the 'unusual orchestration' threads. It will be over the top if I do it again. My YT channel was on Artificial Intelligence and I did cover music as a profession that will be impacted by AI. 

When my SV article gets published, I will have another chance to shamelessly do a self plug. I have written the article as an argument (I have written a series of articles recently as arguments as I thought that will drive home the message better). My YT channel was a dud and never got anywhere. I am not a video guy and I will stay away from it. 

I agree with music being demonetized and most of the artists simply do not understand it. Even folks like AR who have a lot of HW connections. HW is producing endless trash as they have not figured out a good money spinner yet. Case in point - doing a remake of Lion King shows these guys have run out of steam.

To be fair, I think it is difficult for them to make much of it anyway, especially for musicians.  A studio recording costs a lot of money.  Music fans just want to have their cake and eat it too.  They want top notch recording quality but they also want it free.  So bands that already have a decent enough contingent of fans simply crowdfund their new studio albums.  Which in turn are either vehicles for the personal ambition of those in the band who have songwriting ability or simply something to break up the monotony and introduce new songs in the setlist.  Even the album format will go and bands will resort to simply releasing songs.  And all these things take much investment of time.  My friend started a band in 2008 or so and it was six years before he could get an EP out.  Based on it and performing some of the EP tracks in shows, he could finally do a crowdfunding to release a full length album.  He has been featured in Prog magazine and even Metalhammer I think and all that is not enough to get opportunities to tour Europe or USA.  

For writers, it's easy because there is almost no capital investment in writing. In some ways, writing for Kindle is better because you see at least some measly royalty for every book sold.  Not like big publishers who will tell you your book is a failure even after selling thousands of copies and not pay you anything.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:25 pm

CK

On the writing part, the situation is not great. Kindle is just taking off in countries such as India. In the Tamil world, there is still the overwhelming majority who read only print publications. And Tamil publishing houses want only reputed writers who have written in popular magazines. PDF is the MP3 of the written world.  After discussing with a few Tamil publishers I have given up. Even writer Sujata said that if you are dependent on income from writing, you are dead. It is for the love of the language that you write, not to make money. JK Rowling in Tamil - you must be kidding!

As my wife would say, I have all the wrong hobbies - (writing about) music and science writing - both does not keep the fires burning in any home.

ravinat

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:14 pm

ravinat wrote:CK

On the writing part, the situation is not great. Kindle is just taking off in countries such as India. In the Tamil world, there is still the overwhelming majority who read only print publications. And Tamil publishing houses want only reputed writers who have written in popular magazines. PDF is the MP3 of the written world.  After discussing with a few Tamil publishers I have given up. Even writer Sujata said that if you are dependent on income from writing, you are dead. It is for the love of the language that you write, not to make money. JK Rowling in Tamil - you must be kidding!

As my wife would say, I have all the wrong hobbies - (writing about) music and science writing - both does not keep the fires burning in any home.

Oh, of course writing does not pay enough to run a household.  But one doesn't HAVE to take up writing full time to sustain it.  Even a bestselling author like Chetan Bhagat had written three novels by the time he decided to do it full time and apparently, his publishers themselves advised him against letting go of his day job.  The difference vis a vis the situation in music being if you start gigging regularly, it will get much more difficult, if not impossible, to balance that with a regular job.  Your typical highly successful metal musician touring all over Europe and USA through the year probably just makes a decent living wage at best and feeds off the love and adulation of the audience instead.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  IsaiRasigan Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:01 am

From Facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHFm9qNpx94&fbclid=IwAR2tEWKeTHx9vNTLhPDMwOg_ag1JnYZivCLRdT6Ay4uTLoxYM_jw5TofKhs

A wonderful analysis.

IsaiRasigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:53 pm

IsaiRasigan wrote:From Facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHFm9qNpx94&fbclid=IwAR2tEWKeTHx9vNTLhPDMwOg_ag1JnYZivCLRdT6Ay4uTLoxYM_jw5TofKhs

A wonderful analysis.

Isairasigan. Thanks for the link....

Senthilvinu. thani thread start seidhu irukar inge.

https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t325-video-discussion-on-ir-songs-original-videos

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  IsaiRasigan Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:47 am

Thank you Usha Madam

IsaiRasigan

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:53 am

Solvanam published my article on the future of film music. Artificial intelligence can potentially revolutionize this field int he next decade. As much as it appears far fetched, most technology for this automation does exist today. I spoke about this at a high level in my video channel which went unnoticed. 
This is structured as a discussion/argument:

https://solvanam.com/2019/11/10/%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%9A%E0%AF%88%E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%9F-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B5%E0%AF%8B%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D/

Needless to say, there are a number of references to Raja. However, the focus is to take the discussion to the future where the competition is between humans and an AI algorithm. Not sure how Google will succeed in this space, though Project Majenta is a good start. The good news with Project Majenta is that Google developers are building it using tensor flow and they plan to make their contributions open.

ravinat

Back to top Go down

Post  panniapurathar Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:26 pm

Congratulations Ravi sir!

Here is a new Telugu movie with IR

https://www.cinemaexpress.com/stories/news/2019/nov/13/ilaiyaraaja-to-compose-for-prakash-raj-ramya-krishnans-rangamaarthanda-15481.html

panniapurathar

Back to top Go down

Post  IsaiRasigan Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:09 am

இளையராஜா அப்படிச் சொன்னபோது கண் கலங்கி அழுதேன்’...அறிமுக இசையமைப்பாளர் சித் ஸ்ரீராம்... By Muthurama...

’முதன் முதலாக இளையராஜா இசையில் பாடச் சென்றபோது மிகவும் நெர்வஸாக இருந்தது. நான் பாடி முடித்தவுடன் அவர...

Read more at: https://tamil.asianetnews.com/cinema/new-music-director-sid-sriram-speaks-about-ilayaraja-q0y7ty?fbclid=IwAR2mWysoxpwdgO5tJG5GC1ZvV2U6F0-_mCMtZTymwhPqghgvA5SQteOcf50
2013ல் வெளிவந்த மணிரத்னத்தின் ‘கடல்’படத்தில் ‘அடியே’பாடல் மூலம் அறிமுகமான பிசி பாடகர் சித் ஸ்ரீராம்....

IsaiRasigan

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:25 pm

This is Sadha master with Mouna Ragam Background score on the guitar.  Amazing.  I'm in tears the whole time (not just this video, but anytime I listen to that piece from the iconic movie).  

It is sad that these kind of videos have no takers.  Not that I bother about views, but to see third-rate crap songs gaining 'x' million views even within the few days it is posted, this is atrocious and annoying.  

Maybe, the best things in the world are hidden and least appreciated, while the mediocrity is abundant and over-rated.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  panniapurathar Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:54 am

IR's Bengaluru show:

https://www.deccanherald.com/metrolife/metrolife-cityscape/songs-from-80s-dominate-ilaiyaraaja-show-777716.html

Please post narrative if you attended live

panniapurathar

Back to top Go down

Post  panniapurathar Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:55 am

BC wrote:This is Sadha master with Mouna Ragam Background score on the guitar.  Amazing.  I'm in tears the whole time (not just this video, but anytime I listen to that piece from the iconic movie).  

It is sad that these kind of videos have no takers.  Not that I bother about views, but to see third-rate crap songs gaining 'x' million views even within the few days it is posted, this is atrocious and annoying.  

Maybe, the best things in the world are hidden and least appreciated, while the mediocrity is abundant and over-rated.

BC maam, yes, I cherish this piece as well!   I think there is a link to this video on musicians who worked with Raja.

panniapurathar

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:26 pm

panniapurathar wrote:IR's Bengaluru show:

https://www.deccanherald.com/metrolife/metrolife-cityscape/songs-from-80s-dominate-ilaiyaraaja-show-777716.html

Please post narrative if you attended live

Bengaluru IR show.. naan poi irundhen... adhai patri ezhudhanam. time illai. 2 naatkalil ezhudharen.

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:04 am

This is very interesting :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62uQZTGtVig

R Selvaraj (annakkiLi writer) narrates how Panju had an enmity with MSV Shocked

Also talks briefly about JJ-S Babu Shocked

Can't wait to watch the part 2 Wink

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:20 pm

app,
part 2...

ipo dhan kaeten.. IR patri ondrum sollavillai.

delete pannidren .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v5ACKMinjU

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 42  Next