Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cricket - FOREVER

+13
baroque
jaiganesh
crimson king
fring151
app_engine
Sridhar
Karthikeyan
Bala (Karthik)
V_S
skr
plum
kv
Michael AF
17 posters

Page 18 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next

Go down

Cricket - FOREVER - Page 18 Empty Re: Cricket - FOREVER

Post  plum Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:35 am

Wizzy wrote:DD- Defensive Dhoni-cricindia has finally woken up..3 yrs late though..irrefutable damage already done..
it only needs Dhoni/India thumping Lankans in the Asia cup final for the tards to out of the woodwork and sing his praises
Already seenu mAma has got India cements' Raul Dravid to endorse dhoni "Dhoni deserves one more year"

I am beginning to think Rahul may not be as inscrutable as I thought he was...

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:42 pm

While I am annoyed by the result of second test when we drew from a winning position, I am more baffled at the outcome of first test. When we had two full days to secure a win, what is the hurry is trying to finish the game on  the 4th day itself?. This is plain rubbish. Why is the rash shot from Kohli? I know there was an umpiring error, still totally irritate the way Dhoni and Jadeja played. As if they were playing a T20 game to win the game in next 5 or 6 overs. All the hard work done by Dhawan and Kohil was nullified by these two players. 6 players were out caught behind. I see the anxiety, nothing else. Anxiety will never work in test matches. That match was surely ours considering we were 3 for 248 with just 159 runs needed from 7 players. Vijay and Rohit were disappointing in this series.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand-v-india-2014/engine/match/667651.html

Definitely I agree to this when it comes to playing test matches especially away from home.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand-v-india-2014/content/story/719985.html

Last edited by V_S on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:43 pm

koo are you there?

cricketguy and other one is on  Oz cricketer to troll Eng fans  Smile 

Already seenu mAma has got India cements' Raul Dravid to endorse dhoni "Dhoni deserves one more year"

I am beginning to think Rahul may not be as inscrutable as I thought he was...

or Rahul channeling his inner nasuku nadharithanams and wants Dhoni to end with 20 overseas losses by end of next year  Laughing
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:47 pm

still totally irritate the way Dhoni and Jadeja played

will cut some slack since neither have the defensive game to survive over 10 overs without nicking one behind..their best bet
is play some shots and hope some edges find the gaps and get closer to the target.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:08 am

Agree Wiz. Dhoni and Jaddu were - in Chennai sandhu cricket parlance - pattA baggiyam padAtta legiyam mode. sattila irukkaRadhu dhAnE...

Cricketers in general have been commercial entities since Gavaskar, on sale for the highest bidder, but Dhoni has completely sold his soul to the devil. I guess he must be one of the guys who testified to Mudgal that Gurunath is a "cricket enthusiastic"*

But I guess Srini will not let that come out. Lalit Modi has blindly lashed out that cricketers who testified to Mudgal commission disowning Gurunath must be prosecuted but reality is that if he comes to power, he will strike a pact with Dhoni and save Dhoni's image while sinking srini, ashwin and TN players.

I want that to happen so that at least the misguided TN fellows supporting CSK thinking they are standing up for tamizhans against norhties, receive a hit in their solar plexus. Dhoni will be Rajasthan Royals captain in that scenario with Ashwin, Vijay and all hung out to dry

* "enthusiastic" is a great clue pointing to dhoni- ashwin would have used the proper queen's english term "cricket enthusiast". it is Dhoni who mangles the Queen's language with his own coined words like enthusiastic

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:11 am

Also, wiz, the team has been lucky that they have faced either a team in decline(SA) or a team in ascendancy but a drop in pitch not bad for batting. The second test had tough condition son the first day but luckily Dhoni won the toss so got his team the better batting conditions. The pitch was so benign after that that mccull scored 300. It didnt break up at all...

Against this, people compare sachin and Rahul's last tour against better bowlers and more difficult conditions saying that Kohli is awesome while SRT was pooor in his last few series. ellAm lucku...now they'll face a demoralised England without KP and Dhoni will get his first overseas victory in years...adhirshtam vERa enna solla...

Even Shaun Marsh Alex Doolan are scoring against the vaunted SA attack that the renaissance Indian youngstes are supposde to have tamed (as against oldies Sachin and co failing0

enakku vayiRu eriyudhu...why can't these guys have an asingamAna saavu as @dagalti predicted..?

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sridhar Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:49 am

Plum .. neenga innum appdiye thaan irukEl...  Laughing 

Jac annan retirement pathi thangal karuthu ennavO?
Sridhar
Sridhar

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:09 am

vERa epdi iruppEn? 

aNNan Jacques always had great timing. He showed that in retirement, too, retiring JIT before having to face Hurricane Johnson Smile

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:44 am

Cricketers in general have been commercial entities since Gavaskar, on sale for the highest bidder, but Dhoni has completely sold his soul to the devil. I guess he must be one of the guys who testified to Mudgal that Gurunath is a "cricket enthusiastic"*

But I guess Srini will not let that come out. Lalit Modi has blindly lashed out that cricketers who testified to Mudgal commission disowning Gurunath must be prosecuted but reality is that if he comes to power, he will strike a pact with Dhoni and save Dhoni's image while sinking srini, ashwin and TN players.

can't he booked for perjury? anyways Mar 7(irony) will decide CSK fate.
If(big) IC loses ownership guess Jaganmohan Reddy will get the franschise, would make up for a interesting symmetry
with KD bros owning erstwhile DC  Smile 

with Rhiti Pandey's D company links, the muck is starting to stink

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/ipl-fixing-dawood-betting-syndicate/1/344916.html

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/ipl-spot-fixing-gurunath-vindoo-transcripts-expose-more-muck/1/344682.html

Against this, people compare sachin and Rahul's last tour against better bowlers and more difficult conditions saying that Kohli is awesome while SRT was pooor in his last few series. ellAm lucku...now they'll face a demoralised England without KP and Dhoni will get his first overseas victory in years...adhirshtam vERa enna solla...

RJinx master Chappelli has already had a strike with his new cricinfo article, within hours of publication Clarke
has lost a test..with his admirable RJ record, Kohls may go on to get whitewashed in the Asia cup and Dhoni test career will be resurrected in Eng.

got to say the decision of Dhoni to make himself 'unavailable' for Asia cup was a masterstroke..he pulled off
a similar stunt during during our Mendis tour to show his 'worth'..for virat hindu cricket fans nothing
hurts their ego more than a odi series loss against our padosis..repercussions will be manifold.
now Kohls have to bear the brunt of his effigy burnings/stone throwers. looking back Dhoni has kneecapped each
of the captaincy contenders with surgical precision  thumbsup 
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Yo!!!

Do you two moonlight as conspiracy writers for tabloids?  Laughing. Day after day, week after week idhae velaya ungalukellam!!  Smile
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:42 pm

whatya conspiracy theory? 
FACT: Mudgal report mentions players from CSK who called gurunath a "enthusiastic", meaning they are hand in glove with seenu in his deception.
Who could these be?
Badrinath?
Jakati?
Bravo? (Mudgal didnt fly to Trinidad to my knowledge so...)

Or, is it 
Dhoni? (captain and close to N Srini)
Ashwin?(suave, articulate player of csk and one who owes a lot of debt to Dhoni and srini)

you tell me - who are those players who went along with Srini's lie to Mudgal commission?

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:51 pm

Indeed, plum, it's there in the Mudgal report.  Now whether the report is printed in vanishing ink or not remains to be seen.   Razz  Er, it's all very disgusting.  As if the fixing issue and BCCI's desperate attempts to sweep maiyappa under the carpet weren't enough, the dadagiri at the table.  In toto, I have stopped following cricket, something which I should have done in 2000 itself when the scandal broke out for the first time.  I think it's for good now unless there is a drastic clean up and the other boards see some sense.  Not holding my breath.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:14 pm

dalmia-Dada oru arajaga combo dhan - tamizhnaattu pasangala azhippAnga - but still indha moonjigaLukku adhuve varalamnu thONudhu

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:16 pm

Ditto.  Leave alone Dalmiya.  I can't believe we used to make cynical remarks about Raj Singh Dungarpur and Lele.  Compared to Srini Mama and Saranamaiyappa they were total gents.  At least they loved cricket.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:30 pm

Hey Plum, I was kidding man. Continue.  Very Happy
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:20 am

CHENNAI: R Ashwin has hit the change button again. The offie, known to experiment a little too much, adopted a Sunil Narine-like action in theAsia Cup match against Bangladesh on Wednesday. His run-up to the wicket looked different, his release suddenly changed, he tried to bowl cross seam and at the end of his 10-over spell, the offie finished with figures of 1-50.

The wicket that he got didn't have much to do with his guile, it was more of a run-out than a stumping effected by the 'keeper.

Murali Kartik, who was commentating, was right to point out that he has forgotten what Ashwin's original action was. In different phases of his career, he has been criticised for trying too many things, but Wednesday's Fatullah show was too much for everybody.

"What is he trying to do? He was a wicket-taking bowler for us, but this is going to kill him. I don't know how the coaches are allowing him to do this," former Indian spinner Maninder Singh said. "Don't forget Narine is a freak and his action has always been like that. If a spinner tries to copy Narine at the age of 25, he will not last in international cricket for too long," Maninder said.

The feeling in cricket circles is that Ashwin has been rattled by his poor performances in the last two series in South Africa and New Zealand. He got dropped after the first Test in Wanderers in South Africa after he failed to take a single wicket on the final day on a wearing track.

In New Zealand, he played the ODIs, but couldn't make any impact and skipper MS Dhoni preferred Ravindra Jadeja in the Tests. "It must have been in the second phase of the New Zealand series that he tried working on this action. Batsmen are reading his carom ball now, so he is trying to develop more variations. I think it's his desperation to disguise the doosra that made him change his action again," another left-arm spinner Venkatapathy Raju said.

In the process of trying too many things in the Narine mould, Ashwin ended up bowling too much on the middle and leg stump, making it difficult for wicketkeeper Dinesh Karthik as well. The experts feel that if a bowler experiments too much, he tends to lose his line and that is happening to Ashwin. "He is bowling too much on middle and leg, thus virtually taking the leg-before out of the equation," Maninder said.

It was quite clear from Ashwin's body language on Wednesday that he is under pressure. The dearth of wickets is affecting him and both Maninder and Raju feel that is where the coaches should step in and make him understand what is right for him. "If the coach can't help a bowler in a situation like this, then why is he there? I don't know what Duncan Fletcher and Joe Dawesare doing."
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:32 am

he was back to his murukku pizhi action yesterday after flirting with long sleeves/pelting against Bang
only in school trials do kids resort to famous bowling actions just to catch coach's eye but a professional cricketer doing it
is embarrassing..wonder if he can do a 'Swanny'  against Eng..Nohit does it a bit..gawd this team is full of pretenders  Embarassed
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:38 am

Dhoni's side strain gave Karthik another opportunity, but he has let it slip in the most literal way possible, in two successive matches. As Afridi's match-winning six soared into the Mirpur sky, Dhoni's IPL franchise, Chennai Super Kings, pressed the send button on a tweet.  
"Do you think we missed Dhoni today as a captain / keeper / finisher? #missuMahi," it said.

so D(k) is the implant..whtya class-A bottler

Kohls much to my surprise skippered well.. almost defended 2 low scores which is against the grain
for this Indian side..though batting @ 3 in this noob batting lineup didn't make any sense.

Ajinkya gets all tangled up in the middle, need to improve his on-side game to be even remotely successful in odies,
iirc Dravid had similar issues in odies.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:03 pm

Smith's last test ruined by warner & co. 2nd inns 120/0 - lead @ 328!!!.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:12 pm

Michael AF wrote:Smith's last test ruined by warner & co. 2nd inns 120/0 - lead @ 328!!!.

calling it quits @ 33 is a selfish decision and to continue playing county cricket..with his Irish citizenship may be he will play tests for Eng in future

for a no.1 test side Saffers played like bunch of wimps and dishing out slow/low wickets when they had quality fast bowlers  Evil or Very Mad 
Warner/Smith bullying Steyn gun :unwatchable:

with Clarke's 150 Eng fans/scribes lost their only redeemable gibe that they were hoping to latch on till next ashes.

Dilli'yin mainthane varuha nilaiyaana nallaatchi tharuga   Wink 

www.businessworld.in/news/business/marketing-and-advertising/brand-kohli-catching-up-with-brand-dhoni/1283832/page-1.html
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:53 pm

hehe he @ wizzy. I told u guys so that aus is winning this. I shouldd have betted money Very Happy

Smith has been captain since 2003. Give the guy a break. Plus he has two kids. SA is on the wane. Other than ABDV and to an extent Faf no bat is consistent including Amla who can be wilted under good test bowling(Refer Mitchell and harris). Too many inconsistent bats and new faces ala abbott, mclaren, duminy etc etc.

Yes you are right about pitches. All fast pitches the scoreline would have been 3-0 in favor of Aus.

david Warner  Shocked . Dharma adi : 3-100's + 2 50's even after talking so much trash off the pitch. Decimated Morne Morkel single handedly. Avging in the 90's.  Cool . Good that an Indian shewag spotted his talent for test cricket way back in 2011.

Australia's determination deserves a special mention. Ryan harris especially.   Smile

Last edited by Michael AF on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:56 pm

And as I mentioned earlier history repeats itself, Aus never lost at SA.  cool4
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:22 am

Smith has been captain since 2003. Give the guy a break. Plus he has two kids. SA is on the wane. Other than ABDV and to an extent Faf no bat is consistent including Amla who can be wilted under good test bowling(Refer Mitchell and harris). Too many inconsistent bats and new faces ala abbott, mclaren, duminy etc etc.

don't you think quitting when the going gets tough is tad easy..doing it @33 is desecrating cricket watching SA public/board after they had invested so much on him. replace county cricket with IPL you will know the answer   Wink 

And as I mentioned earlier history repeats itself, Aus never lost at SA.  Cricket - FOREVER - Page 18 1065147233

Saffers have a mental block against them and for reasons unknown tend to struggle @ home anyways Oz fast bowling triumvirate will be hit by injuries before the Eng tour and Eng will reclaim their rightful no.1 spot  silent
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:39 am

Of course it's selfish. He wants to protect his legacy. He scored a grand total of 45 runs in 6 innings against aus.

Idhae lachanthula if he continues playing he will go ddown the road. Appo enna solluveenga ifhukku modhallaye retire agirukalamnu solluvinga. Let the man decide what he wants to do. Playing IPL/County is his choice. It's a free country.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:31 am

Harish Salve, counsel of the petitioner, says India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni guilty of corrupt conduct, gave false statement to the Commission.

Salve also said that: "Dhoni is an employee of India Cements and that leads to a conflict of interest."

Sundar Raman, who runs the IPL, is also an employee of Indian Cements.

Salve has been arguing for more than an hour and he is drawing the attention of the SC towards the conflicts of interest prevalent in the BCCI at large.

Salve basically pointed to Dhoni deposition before the Mudgal Commission in which he said that Gurunath Meiyappan was not the team principal/owner... but just an enthusiast.

Salve also said that: "Dhoni is an employee of India Cements and that leads to a conflict of interest."

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/live-sc-vs-bcci-salve-says-dhoni-guilty-of-corrupt-conduct-gave-false-statement-1449283.html?utm_source=ref_article

Salve  thumbsup  CSK termination confirmed with BCCI agreeing to abide by Mudgal report but antha 6 capped Indian players(1 in current squad) in that sealed envelope  bounce
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum