Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balki's next project - Shamitabh

+22
Usha
fring151
sagi
[μsic]மாபியா
irfan123
Raaga_Suresh
mythila
kiru
raghuCA
Shank
Wizzy
MH
crimson king
rajkumarc
Drunkenmunk
jaiganesh
V_S
D22_Malar
plum
mayilSK
kamalaakarsh
app_engine
26 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Balki's next project - Shamitabh - Page 5 Empty Re: Balki's next project - Shamitabh

Post  Usha Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:17 pm

IShq E Phillum....  

Raja raja dhan  programmeil...  Balki.. IR in BGMS ellamae paatu dhan endru soli vittu........

oru BGM ku..   ipadi.. exact aga lyric ninaivilai.. but . indha madhirii.. ennai parthalum..  ....  unnai parthalum....... endru oru tune aga padi
kaatinar....

adhu dhan indha Isshq E Phillum............    paatai kaekum podhae en paiyan sonnadhu.......... satham varamal mutham idamal.. paatu madhiri
iruku ma endru...............

Usha

Back to top Go down

Balki's next project - Shamitabh - Page 5 Empty Re: Balki's next project - Shamitabh

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:10 pm

Watched some portions of the streaming of the Mumbai function (audio launch / IR-kku mariyAdhai etc).

Nice to see some biggies on stage (Kamal / Rajini / AB / Aish / Dhanush / Shreya G).

Otherwise, nothing special about it Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:28 pm

I guess only 3 songs of the album are definitely by IR (piddly, ishq & sa sa sa ni ni ni ni). Embarassed

May be which is why those three got showcased on stage (when I watched the streaming). 

Don't know if they played the other songs on stage or not.

In any case, based on my listening of the songs, the other three could have been by him or by anyone Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

(My 8 yr old, who can be categorized now as a gen that loves "selfie-pulla-kind-of-songs" got instantly connected to thappad...and tortured me thru out the weekend to have it on repeat on drives. What an irony! Laughing )

Well, I want to believe that only three are by IR. 

That is, the "light-hearted-fun-loving-IR". 

I'm kinda ok with those three (though may not care much to listen on repeat mode).

The other 3 (well, 2.25) can be listened only on "involuntary" mode.

romba sAdhA album, overall!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:58 pm

romba sAdhA album, overall!

adhE adhE . romba sheri Smile

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:16 pm

mythila wrote:romba sAdhA album, overall!

adhE adhE . romba sheri Smile
I maintain that this is a low-budget movie.. his fee was also probably low, just like Prakash Raj's productions. But how do we discreetly find out about these 2.5 songs ? :-(

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:32 pm

ada RAmA, idhu enna pudhu kozhappam , app and Kiru ?
puNpatta manasa aatha dhaan irukke Swapnam. adha kEkkalaam vAngO.

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:43 am

mythila wrote:ada RAmA, idhu enna pudhu kozhappam , app and Kiru ?
puNpatta manasa aatha dhaan irukke Swapnam. adha kEkkalaam vAngO.

Exactly.. even I was sad to see this suggestion by app. I hope he is wrong this time around.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:51 am

Finally..

http://www.flipkart.com/shamitabh/p/itme3uu4fdxwmyfp?pid=AVME3UU3G7BH6TYG&otracker=from-search&srno=p_1&query=shamitabh&ref=297598f8-b138-43f8-912b-736cc905a5c3

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:25 am

Hmm.. listened to shamitabh once again while jogging and in the commute.
Very unique album and totally repeat worthy.
Sha sha mi mi is the winner.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:19 pm

India Today reporting the release function

"I have never dared to sing in front of him because I found it very embarrassing. Every time I used to sit in a studio separately to record... I remember one occasion while doing 'Paa', where I had to sing a song with Raja saab in front of me. I can't say how frightening it was," Amitabh Bachchan told reporters during the music launch of Shamitabh.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:45 pm

glam sham rates it good

While it is very difficult to sum up an off - beat album of this nature, it definitely has class written all over. Music literates will surely appreciate the efforts of the iconic Illaiyaraaja and team while the mass and Gen X might not find it very comprehendible, initially. However once SHAMITABH releases the tracks are bound to get popular especially 'Piddly' and 'Sha Sha' as also 'Sannata'.

3.5/5 they give which is supposedly "good".

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:24 pm

Wow, if even Shamitabh is for musical literates, then is NEPV for classical performers or something perchance?  Talk about standards.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:25 pm

...but barring the odd lukewarm/negative reviews, most are pretty positive about the album.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:44 pm

app,

Have some patience and check out these two songs. You can see that Shamitabh is not too far away from these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KZJTWe5GP4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aia80B81-4k

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:25 pm

Sure I'll check them out, Sureshji Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:27 pm

IE picture gallery - looks like screenshots from streaming

Indian cinema's superstars Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan shared stage together to pay tribute to music maestro Ilaiyaraaja at the music launch of R Balki's upcoming directorial venture 'Shamitabh', which is being composed by Ilaiyaraaja, in Mumbai on Tuesday (January 20). Also seen at the event was Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Abhishek, Jaya Bachchan, Gulzar and lead actors Dhanuish and Akshara Haasan.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:29 pm

Second trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eupaz-zTtCo

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:44 pm

Another review

SO-SO: Make no mistake, Ilaiyaraaja has come out with great sounds, but the album itself sounds like an endorsement-wagon!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:52 pm

Suraj Jagan confirming recording thappad & lifebuoy in Prasad with IR

The song 'Ishq E Phillium' was recorded very quickly as it was just a description of what films are. Two of the songs- 'Thappad' and 'Lifebuoy' were recorded in Chennai at Illayraja's studio. “If you listen to the song 'Thappad' it is about standing up against wrong. I already have that kind of an attitude, so it was not that difficult for me. The third song 'Lifebuoy' is extremely funny, so I had a fun time recording the tracks.”

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:58 pm

Report on Thamizh media

இவ்விழாவில் ரஜினிகாந்த், கமல்ஹாசன், ஸ்ரீதேவி உள்ளிட்ட பல்வேறு திரையுலக பிரபலங்களும் கலந்து கொண்டார்கள். இசை வெளியீட்டு விழா மேடையில் அமிதாப் பச்சன், ரஜினிகாந்த், கமல்ஹாசன் மூவருமே இளையராஜாவின் இசைக்கும் தங்களுக்குமான நெருக்கத்தைப் பகிர்ந்து கொண்டார்கள்.

What BR can currently only dream of (KH-RK-SD on same stage) is easily possible for Bollywood...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:01 pm

ROTFL stuff, read on :
http://www.4tamilmedia.com/cinema/cinenews/28577-2015-01-19-11-11-40

எஸ்.என்.சுரேந்தரை சந்திக்கும் சிலர், ‘இது என் கதைன்னு சொல்லி வழக்கு போடுங்க. அப்பதான் ஏதாவது கொடுப்பாங்க’ என்கிறார்களாம். பிரபல நடிகர் விஜய்யின் தாய் மாமாவாக இருந்தாலும், தற்போது பொருளாதார சிக்கலில் இருக்கும் சுரேந்தர், ‘இப்படியெல்லாம் குறுக்கு வழியில் பணம் சம்பாதிக்கறதுக்கு நான் ஒண்ணும் சீப்பான ஆள் இல்லை’ என்று கூறிவருகிறாராம். 

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:59 pm

Good press coverage, in general

உலகில் சிம்பொனி என்ற இசை வடிவம், ஐரோப்பிய இசை மேதைகளுக்கே உரித்தானது என்று உலகமே நினைத்த நேரத்தில், வெகு அநாயாசமாக சிம்பொனி வடிவ இசையைத் தந்த மாபெரும் மேதை நமது இளையராஜா ஒருவரே!

இத்தனை பெருமைக்கும் சொந்தக்காரரான இளையராஜாவை, முதலில் கொண்டாட வேண்டியது தமிழ் சினிமா தான். ஆனால் அவர்களை முந்திக் கொண்டது பாலிவுட். காரணம், இளையராஜாவின் தூய ரசிகரான இயக்குநர் பால்கி. இளையராஜா இசையில் தான் உருவாக்கியுள்ள ஷமிதாப் படத்தின் இசை வெளியீட்டை அப்படியே இளையராஜாவுக்கான பாராட்டு விழாவாக மாற்றி, உலகையே அவர் பக்கம் திரும்பிப் பார்க்க வைத்துவிட்டார்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:01 am

Raaga_Suresh wrote:app,

Have some patience and check out these two songs. You can see that Shamitabh is not too far away from these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KZJTWe5GP4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aia80B81-4k
add this one...

for sha sha mi mi..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkavgSXDFOA

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:03 am

Another review

Verdict: The Shamitabh album starts off at a phenomenal note, with musical maestro Ilaiyaaraja making sure that music lovers are in for treat. The album loses steam at it’s end as few experiments did not work out well for the composer. Despite of it’s low points, music of Shamitabh is highly fulfilling.

Our Pick: Sha Sha Mi Mi, Piddly

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:06 am

movie kAkkA

Rating 3/5

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next