Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

+32
groucho070
Punnaimaran
Shank
mayilSK
Bala (Karthik)
vicks
kv
Sakalakala Vallavar
sagi
rajkumarc
writeface
kamalaakarsh
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
D22_Malar
Balu
mythila
baroque
rajaclan
ravinat
Raaga_Suresh
irir123
irfan123
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
Wizzy
kiru
crimson king
V_S
fring151
Usha
plum
app_engine
36 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  Usha Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:46 pm

ck,
romba azhaga soneenga...........   True... NEPV Audio funciton il.. indha Budapest Orchestra.. avanga sound il

IR compositions kaetadhum.. kannil thannir.. avaroda ovovoru paatum ipadi vandhu iruka vendiya GEMS ck.. ana avar
adhukaga kurai pattukalai.. kodutha idathil... kodutha amaipil.. thannai kaati konda oru Isai Nyani........... Tats all.....

Majestic Sound.. adhu Raja......... Thanks to Gautham..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP0wEADK8_c

Usha

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  Usha Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:
Usha wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idRt2-KckAA

ippidi pOdu aruvALa:

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 26 Humble10

Razz

amam DM.. epadi solranga IR perai. tamizh paatu. enna nu theiryalai.. parkalam............. Lady Signers.. always smart in IR's compositiions.........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:50 pm

Usha wrote:.... avaroda ovovoru paatum ipadi vandhu iruka vendiya GEMS ck.. ana avar
adhukaga kurai pattukalai.. kodutha idathil... kodutha amaipil.. thannai kaati konda oru Isai Nyani.........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP0wEADK8_c

Usha, Yes, exactly..he has some maturity/practicality with him..
I have read your factory analogy before .. it is very apt
@CK - time also has to be right. The society also needs to change.. LV did Rahman type of sound in 7vadhu manithan in 1981 but people did not go gaga over it .. So IR also never worried about certain things.
With Indian demographics moving totally in the youth direction (vs aging in Japan) and the opening up of the economy Rahman's interest was in the right direction and found immediate acceptance.
For IR this meant, bigger budget for recording and foreign travel and we are now seeing the benefits and hence the comment from Usha that all songs of IR should have been this way ..

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:27 pm

Usha wrote:
Drunkenmunk wrote:
Usha wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idRt2-KckAA

ippidi pOdu aruvALa:

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 26 Humble10

Razz

amam DM.. epadi solranga IR perai. tamizh paatu. enna nu theiryalai.. parkalam............. Lady Signers.. always smart in IR's compositiions.........

When she says .."two song in hindi, two songs in thamizh" she pronounces thamizh as thamizh !!!! Good sign...smart girl

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:29 pm

amam kiru.. tamizh theriyadhavanga tamizh nalla solranga.............

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Hirudaya RAngangalade Raja.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhdULqv6yBM

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:31 am

Is this you plum?  applause 
http://tfmpage.com/forum/24608.617.14.49.39.html
Now all that sells is mere catchy numbers. IR can do that. But there is too much of an artist in him to stoop to that level all the time
Already said and done. It is pity even after 15 years, we are still in the same situation. Listening Kaadhal Kavithai to forget the past, present and future.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:01 am

Nice job digging that thread out, V_Sji Smile

Plum "than muyaRchiyil satRum thaLarAmal iruppadhu" testifies to his commitment!

BTW, I had some posts there too...

sample :

From: eden (@ 202.54.71.144) on: Wed Apr 21 01:06:40 EDT 1999

Oops, it scrolled to two pages since I wrote last yesterday!

Raj & IP!
I'm afraid the song `Poo poothathai' does not require a discussion of such a long length because it is just a VERY POOR REMAKE OF THE MALAYALAM ORIGINAL!!!!!!

Nadodikkatru, a massive Mohan lal hit was remade in Tamil as KN and accordingly, the GRRRRREATTT song `Vaishaga sandhye' also got remade, albeit in a very very very poor way! (I love, cherish, adore the original song, especially the Chitra version - there's also a KJY version- and used to even enjoy singing this aloud!!!! Even in the days when I was just learling Malayalam, I could recite this song 100%)

The MD of Nadodikatru is Shyam (who also tuned some great melodies for some Mouli movies in Tamil which includes `Ival devadai' and `Anandha raagam' both in the movie Vaa Indhappakkam). 

I waste no chance in talking about my fav vaishAka sandhyE Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:22 am

Well said ji. Plum's non-tiring efforts are really commendable. Especially that time, I think the heat must have been much more compared to now. Yes, plum, you and few others are the best of raja fans who are fighting and winning this long battle of 15 years in internet. Hats off to you guys.

Regarding your posts, please give me the link, love to read it. I was searching for meettaatha oru veenai and landed up there. I remember you shared vaishAka sandhyE in malayalam thread there. Beautiful song.

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:54 am

plum wrote:[size=16.363636016845703]In the past five years , huh? What about Mogamul? What about Marupadiyum? What about Paattu Paadavaa? Have you ever heard pattu paadava? Have you ever heard "Poongatrilae kaalai podhu" early in the morning...and stepped out of the house(hostel in my case) and smelt the fragrance of flowers and strangely feel the same elation as you had while you were hearing the song? [/size]

[size=16.363636016845703]Have you, in late evenings , heard "Kamalam paada kamalam" and as He beautifully blends the guitar into the second interlude and proceeds to develop it into an orchestral delight invoking in you the feeling of walking through a Kovil pragaaram? [/size]
[size=16.363636016845703]Have you [/size][size=16.363636016845703]felt [/size][size=16.363636016845703]the pain of a dutiful wife, who shockingly gets a divorce notice on her birthday, simply in the guitar interludes of a song? Have you felt the pitiable pining of a young singer for a woman much elder and seemingly unattainable and his mental turmoil in the mere tune of a song? If you have, you'l realise the ridiculousness of your challenge to name an IR album which turned the turnstiles in the last five years. People's rasanai has changed , IP. And it so happens that they now dont care for such niceties as the song, tune, orchestration and interludes reflecting the situation and the character's emotions. Now all that sells is mere catchy numbers. IR can do that. But there is too much of an artist in him to stoop to that level all the time. It was ok in the 80's when he had to provide mere catchy music only for some movies while mostly, he could give vent to his creative mind. He experimented a lot and produced good results in Punnagai mannan. And thankfully people accepted that. He experimented a lot and provided atleast three beautiful numbers iN PoonthottaM. But it wasnt as big a hit as PM. Still, iu I shouldnt blame change in taste, then, thank you, let peoples' taste be dashed.[/size]

AppOve MogamuL, pAttu pAdavA'ku lAm ticket'A.  applause Andha kAlathula, in those emotionally charged times, with truckloads of new converts, App, Kiru, NInga ellAm ennalAm anubivachirpInga'nu ninaichi pArkavE... But oru point vechu ungaLa Ottanum'nu konjam tempting'a irukku.

[size=16.363636016845703]People's rasanai has changed , IP.[/size]

Rahman also said same thing recently yaa. Why brickbats for him when you echoed same sentiment a decade and a half ago. <Runs away>

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:43 am

fring151 wrote:
AppOve MogamuL, pAttu pAdavA'ku lAm ticket'A.  applause

Think about it Smile 25 yr old Plum in 1999 took ticket for Paattu Paadavaa. 25 yr olds us take tickets for Paattu Paadavaa today. I think in retrospect today, Plum's efforts then need to be respected and we know today that how special IR is just based on this. Of course, that only a clique will really recognize this and accept is a sad truth.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:24 pm

he he fring, I would Ottufy myself on more than one point in that post. What fruity language, that is!  Embarassed

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:34 pm

"Have you ever heard pattu paadava? Have you ever heard "Poongatrilae kaalai podhu" early in the morning...and stepped out of the house(hostel in my case) and smelt the fragrance of flowers and strangely feel the same elation as you had while you were hearing the song?"

HAHAHAHA. Hope your twitter foes don't see this. Laughing

(Don't mean to make fun of your language, obviously).

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:23 am

Drunkenmunk wrote:
fring151 wrote:
AppOve MogamuL, pAttu pAdavA'ku lAm ticket'A.  applause

Think about it :)25 yr old Plum in 1999 took ticket for Paattu Paadavaa. 25 yr olds us take tickets for Paattu Paadavaa today. I think in retrospect today, Plum's efforts then need to be respected and we know today that how special IR is just based on this. Of course, that only a clique will really recognize this and accept is a sad truth.

Of course - Where would mafia be without Don Plum...

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:22 am

It's a revelation for me to see the fans there putting down even Pattu Paadavaa.  I was always under the impression that at least that soundtrack was well liked, apparently not!  And I don't know how Iniya Gaanam, Vazhi Vidhu and Chinnakanmanikulle are not very much in the so called 'old' Raja style that they wanted him to go back to.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:18 am

Absolute gem from that thread:

[size=16.363636016845703]"after seeing lots of TFM dicussions ,related to IR, I strongly feel that we are the responsible fans IR. I think at this stage we need to prove that to the public. Shall we define what kind of music we want from IR in the future ? In case if IR sees this discussion page, this may give him a good input to his creative process. "[/size]

runninglol

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:03 pm

I should have been in sema kaduppu when posting this :

[*]From: eden (@ 202.54.71.129) on: Fri Apr 9 00:14:45 EDT 1999

Kiru:
I agree with most of your statements. As an admirers of Raja, we should hope for classier outputs from him. I'm reproducing here my posting in the Marudhanayagam thread:
======
======
Vimal!
I fail to understand what you mean by `IR badly needs a break'?? Well, he would have needed it in 1975 or 1976. 2 decades from then, after climbing all the `everests' in south film field -which includes a language that is an official language of at least three NATIONS (I mean our lovely mother tongue), what kind of break do you mean man?

Do you mean he should compose for some X movie in a filmfield shrouded with plagiarists and tasteless buddies with a state-pushed language spoken in some parts -like lallu's bihar - of one country?

Come on, lets hope for some better works for Raja! He does not need any film anymore to etch out a niche in the hearts of at least a million of admirers! (This is a gross underestimate considering the world Tamizh population of around 70 mn)

IMHO, he should be doing something classical-like releasing his syomphony at any cost - to get bracketed into the realm where he will be remembered after 10 generations from now! Or he should come out with a classic like Thirukkural or Kambaramayana in Music (Why not a great work like `Kuralum Kuzhalum' featuring the complete work of Thiruvalluvar with great instrumental accompaniment and lovely tunes?)!

That is what we should wish for Raja! No more movie stuff - let his sons take care of that area which is too low for IR to stoop down now -even if it is a project by Kamal, MR, BR or KB for that matter. They're worth the music of only ARR, KR or YSR.

Raja is a much sought-after-musician even now in south film field (I'm writing this sitting at Kerala where he is held in very very high esteem), a time when even his children have started composing! What is there for him to prove or break-into?

If he has any monetary issues, let him release a statement! There are a million to support him on their heads for the rest of his lifetime. WE WANT EXTRA-MOVIAL STUFF FROM RAJA - least of the Sharukkkan kind of movie stuff anyway!

Sorry if I have sounded crazy! But to think of Raja-needing-a-break caught on my nerve, really, after living with his music for 22+ years!!
=========
unquote
=========

Hence let's not let Raja waste him time and energy any longer in the beaten track of films. We'll expect him to create some music that will last for 10-20 generations.

[*]From: eden (@ 202.54.71.129) on: Fri Apr 9 00:18:15 EDT 1999

TYpo:
`an admirers' to read `admirers'
`waste him' to read `waste his'
Sorry
[*]

rotfl

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:25 pm

fring151 wrote:
plum wrote: of a young singer for a woman much elder and seemingly unattainable and his mental turmoil in the mere tune of a song? If you have, you'l realise the ridiculousness of your challenge to name an IR album which turned the turnstiles in the last five years. People's rasanai has changed , IP. And it so happens that they now dont care for such niceties as the song, tune, orchestration and interludes reflecting the situation and the character's emotions. Now all that sells is mere catchy numbers. IR can do that. But there is too much of an artist in him to stoop to that level all the time. It was ok in the 80's when he had to provide mere catchy music only for some movies while mostly, he could give vent to his creative mind. He experimented a lot and produced good results in Punnagai mannan. And thankfully people accepted that. He experimented a lot and provided atleast three beautiful numbers iN PoonthottaM. But it wasnt as big a hit as PM. Still, iu I shouldnt blame change in taste, then, thank you, let peoples' taste be dashed.

AppOve MogamuL, pAttu pAdavA'ku lAm ticket'A.  applause Andha kAlathula, in those emotionally charged times, with truckloads of new converts, App, Kiru, NInga ellAm ennalAm anubivachirpInga'nu ninaichi pArkavE... But oru point vechu ungaLa Ottanum'nu konjam tempting'a irukku.

People's rasanai has changed , IP.

Rahman also said same thing recently yaa. Why brickbats for him when you echoed same sentiment a decade and a half ago. <Runs away>
basically, that's the drawback of politeness. Trying to be polite while making a point makes you artificial and uLarufy like that - because instead of the real point, you want to make sure the listener comes half way to meet you, which is basicallly a useless compromise.

You can see that I have learnt my lessons over the years Smile

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:38 pm

App ji,
Excellent post there. You preferred Thirukkural or Kambaramayana in IR's music and Thirvasagam happened few years later. Wow! You fans are amazing to even read Maestro's mind!

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:54 pm

I didn't notice during my recent vAsippu of kolaiyudhir kAlam...

சுஜாதாவின் உவமானங்கள் பெரும்பாலும் அந்த அந்த கால கட்டங்களின் நிகழ்வுகளைப் பிரதிபலிக்கும் சில இடங்களில் அந்த நாள் அரசியல்வாதிகள், குரானா காங்கிரஸ் சிக்கல் என சில இடங்களில் பளிச்சிட்டாலம் எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்த வரிகள். "கேஸ் இளையராஜாவுடைய இரண்டாவது சரணம் மாதிரிப் புதுப்பாதையில் பாய்ஞ்சுடுச்சு பாஸ்" என வசந்த் சொல்லும் வரிகளில் கேஸ் புதுப் பாதையில் பயணிக்கின்றது என்பதை அவர் அந்த கால இளையராஜா இசையுடன் ஒப்பிடுகின்றார். இதன் மூலம் இரண்டாவது சரணங்களில் புதிய பாணியை இளையராஜா கையாள்கின்றார் என்ற விடயமும் புலப்படுகின்றது.

I've shared the pdf link in the Sujatha thread of Misc section...if someone finds this portion indeed, please tell me the page number Smile

If seen, such writing by Sujatha should be more evidence that such discussions were quite common in 1981 Smile
(I don't need it but today's youth might need)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:14 am

plum wrote:
fring151 wrote:
plum wrote:[size=16.363636016845703] of a young singer for a woman much elder and seemingly unattainable and his mental turmoil in the mere tune of a song? If you have, you'l realise the ridiculousness of your challenge to name an IR album which turned the turnstiles in the last five years. People's rasanai has changed , IP. And it so happens that they now dont care for such niceties as the song, tune, orchestration and interludes reflecting the situation and the character's emotions. Now all that sells is mere catchy numbers. IR can do that. But there is too much of an artist in him to stoop to that level all the time. It was ok in the 80's when he had to provide mere catchy music only for some movies while mostly, he could give vent to his creative mind. He experimented a lot and produced good results in Punnagai mannan. And thankfully people accepted that. He experimented a lot and provided atleast three beautiful numbers iN PoonthottaM. But it wasnt as big a hit as PM. Still, iu I shouldnt blame change in taste, then, thank you, let peoples' taste be dashed.[/size]

[size=16.363636016845703]People's rasanai has changed , IP.[/size]

basically, that's the drawback of politeness. Trying to be polite while making a point makes you artificial and uLarufy like that - because instead of the real point, you want to make sure the listener comes half way to meet you, which is basicallly a useless compromise.

You can see that I have learnt my lessons over the years Smile

Lol. I can't imagine the torment of engaging in 'discussion' on a forum where some of the most ardent Raja fans say things like "If Raja reads this discussion, it will be a good input for his creative process", "We should boost maestro' morale and show our moral support", "He should enjoy his retired life after all these workaholic years". Some fans, those!!

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:20 pm

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/ilayaraaja-s-grand-musical-event-madurai-194925.html

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:04 pm

fring151 wrote:
Lol. I can't imagine the torment of engaging in 'discussion' on a forum where some of the most ardent Raja fans say things like "If Raja reads this discussion, it will be a good input for his creative process", "We should boost maestro' morale and show our moral support", "He should enjoy his retired life after all these workaholic years". Some fans, those!!

Those were interesting times !!! ..It is a lession for all of us ..when you lose your spot for a while .. the whole world is ready to pounce on you ..
Some out of ill-will,. some out of misplaced admiration for a novelty ..and even your own brother will say "overnight his music looks outdated"..
Dammit.. now people are willing to put crores for him to record in Hungary/London and mind you his idiom/style has not changed ..he got a hit with NEPV with the songs completely in his own 'genre'..
(ha .. looks like app has been a visionary .. I remember such ideas floating around.. but I did not remember it as him.. app0 15 yearsA pEsikkittu irukkOm !!!! )

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:06 pm

What was it that the road to hell was paved with?  Thankfully the maestro never took that one.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:00 am

Kushbu ammaNi comedy :
https://twitter.com/khushsundar/status/441822449491906560

Kushbu wrote:
Somebody give me another #Karthik as he was in #AgniNatchathiram...litsening 2 Raja rajadhi rajender raja...nobody can match his exuberance!

rotfl

TR must be a happy man today Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next