Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

+32
groucho070
Punnaimaran
Shank
mayilSK
Bala (Karthik)
vicks
kv
Sakalakala Vallavar
sagi
rajkumarc
writeface
kamalaakarsh
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
D22_Malar
Balu
mythila
baroque
rajaclan
ravinat
Raaga_Suresh
irir123
irfan123
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
Wizzy
kiru
crimson king
V_S
fring151
Usha
plum
app_engine
36 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 Empty Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  app_engine Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:19 pm

For all the previous posts, please go here (Vol 1):
https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t8-anything-about-ir-found-on-the-net

Another post on rAsA, from the same website

Going by this article, one wonders if these guys have some real IR-personal-connections and this director news could be true Embarassed

Problem coming...

Last edited by app_engine on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  plum Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:46 am

ha ha idhellAm nadakkAdhu. nadakka koodAdhu. He knows himself very well but of late, indha iLaya thalamuRai magans and pErans avara konjam convince paNNi nadikka vechutAnga. Is he getting mellow at seventy and allowing the youngsters to influence him on such things? deivamE, apdi ellAm nadakkaRadhukku avar gowaravamA pOi sErndhudattum

plum

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  app_engine Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:22 pm

youtube link courtesy twitter feed, the IR-R Sundarrajan discussion :

Though the initial intro of IR is nicely done, in the end I got irritated (that the TV fellows stopped with 1991). They should have shown at the minimum the following to make it somewhat complete : veerA / kAdhalukku mariyAdhai / sEthu / azhagi / virumANdi / NEPV. That is, just keeping within the TF space.

This is where rAsA's managers fail (while competition markets nicely).

Embarassed

Anyways, pOtta varaikkum OK. I've watched only that much so far - it is a long video, konjam konjamA pAkkalAm...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:59 pm

video pakkaren......  Sundarajan....  enna azhaga innocent aga solrar. adhanala dhan IR kite irundhu avaurku
sirapa kedachu iruku......

Mella thirandhadhu kadhavu.. Nice Nostalgia.. Cycle la rendu perum recording ku vandhadhu..

apo IR solrar. oru chinna correction.. apo naan varum podhu.. andha time.. 6.45 a m. ennoda car matum dhan varum. en rasigargal ennai parka kaathirupanga...... adhil neraiya per directors..........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:53 pm

Seen the whole video - though there's not much new news / titbits, at the minimum there are some confirmations of things heard from here and there Smile

-salavai nilA
-MSV composing tunes for MTK
-vaidEhi songs done in Mudhumalai during a break
-& his insistence that all those VK songs should be part of a single film (interesting to note that IR wasn't willing to give 'mEgam karukkayilE' alone even to Panju sir)
-rAsA and punctuality
-rAsA asking director to add shots to suit BGM

BTW, CNC looks like "very low budget" movie and should easily break-even Smile
(I guess R Sundarrajan had played it smart - TV rights alone should meet the cost IMO - if whatever marketing expenses being incurred are recovered from screens, people should be happy...any dime more must be bonus).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:57 pm

rAsA repeated this enjoyable bit that happened one morning in studio:

நடிகர் திலகம் (சரியான நேரத்தில் வந்த ராசாவை சீண்டுவதற்காக):
என்ன ராசா, நீயுமா லேட்டு ?

ராசா (பதில் கிண்டல்) :
இல்லண்ணே, நான் சரியான டயத்துல தாண்ணே வந்திருக்கேன் - நீங்க தான் 25 வருஷம் முன்னாடியே வந்துட்டீங்க!

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:16 am

Thanks for the link app saar Very Happy . 38:00 to 39:00: 
"youthu innikku kanda kadiyathalaam kekudhu, nAlaikku vuttrudhungle. Oru vArathukku apram andha pAttu kAnume. One week kEkkudhu..apram enna youthu?"
"Idhukku namma adjust panni poganumena? Idhu enna trafficA adjust panni pogarthukku"

Absolutely hilarious rotfl

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:13 am

Memorable 45 minutes. Very Happy It could have been done with a direct interaction between R Sundarrajan sir and Maestro, would have been more interesting. It was so great to hear RS sharing all his memorable moments with Raja; especially the cycle ride with Raja. When he told that, I can feel from his face, how much regards he has for Maestro. Loved that anecdote from RS on head scratching gesture signaling the song is going to be a big hit.Cool  Also Maestro's confidence in adding songs to the movie. What lovely days those would have been!
Most interesting part is when RS expressed Maestro's love for MSV sir and the anecdote on vaan meethilE/vaa veNNila. Another most interesting part to me is Vaidegi Kaathirunthaal songs were composed during the 'cycle' gap time between kaakki chattai. Maestro mentioned this very casually with no reaction in his face, as if it is nothing. Imagining if such situation would have happened (even accidentally), how bombastic the current crop of music directors would be. Hilarious and honest response for the 'trend' and 'youth'. Youngsters should watch his program (and hear his music) without fail to know what they are missing in the name of trend. Listening to all R Sundarrajan film songs scored by Maestro now.
Payanangal Mudivathillai (1982)
Naan Paadum Paadal (1984)
Vaithegi Kaathirunthaal (1984)
Kunguma Chimizh (1985)
Amman Kovil Kizhakkaale (1986)
Mella Thiranthu Kadhavu (1986)
Thazhuvaatha Kaigal (1986)
En Jeevan Paaduthu (1988)
Rajaathi Raaja (1989)
Enkitta Mothaathe (1990)
Thaalattu Paadavaa (1990)
Saami Potta Mudichchu (1991)
Thirumathi Pazhanisamy (1992)
Chiththiraiyil Nila Choru (2013)

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:36 pm

a blogger who noticed CNC because of K TV show

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Maestro composed a song to commemorate 100 Years of Cinema. Great but not excellent. Tune is okay. Could have avoided synth & synth beats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI-4y5tYKl8

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Ironically, it is somewhat in the Oruvan Oruvan Mudarali mould; at least that's what I was immediately reminded of when I heard the song for the first time. Only the syncopation in the last line (say @ 2:40) and the chords emphasised MILDY at 2:30 just before that bears his signature.  Decent song for the purpose it was written, not going to hum it in the years to come.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:22 pm

crimson king wrote:Ironically, it is somewhat in the Oruvan Oruvan Mudarali mould; at least that's what I was immediately reminded of when I heard the song for the first time. Only the syncopation in the last line (say @ 2:40) and the chords emphasised MILDY at 2:30 just before that bears his signature.  Decent song for the purpose it was written, not going to hum it in the years to come.
Sounds ok to me.. he has to use synth stuff otherwise people will call it 100 yr old music :-( .. the synths at 4:40 (dominating over the acoustic instruments) seems to play exactly a phrase a from a Rahman song.. could be some standard raaga swaras.. BTW, it does sound like himself .. the some what sad first interlude is a complete give away..

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:38 pm

kiru wrote:he has to use synth stuff otherwise people will call it 100 yr old music :-( 
There is some truth in that assertion because the theremin was invented in 1920 and the first Hammond organ goes back to 1930s. Wink  It IS that long ago though we tend to think of synthesizer as something recent.  As for the first interlude, I am so used to hearing IR wrap up even a routine instrumental passage with complex chords his that I can't relate to it without it.   There is so little going on in terms of harmony in this song, pretty uncharacteristic of IR.  But as I said earlier, I can understand that something like this was expected for the purpose for which this track was made.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:39 pm

Link courtesy SKV on twitter:

Nice audio - IR interview

Talks about TMS, PBS & TKR...
(Interesting to see IR effortlessly quote songs - especially the recall of 'vasantha kAlam varumO nilai mARumO')

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Another most interesting part to me is Vaidegi Kaathirunthaal songs were composed during the 'cycle' gap time between kaakki chattai.
even Gundu Mani elicited 'Kaaki Sattai' cycle gap in his Brangan book :-) my take way from the interview is Sunderrajan's reverence for Raaja and his good ol' narrative art he displayed @5.00(even in Nila Soru audio launch Packiaraj alluded to it). 

App, Skv link not working
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:02 pm

app_engine wrote:Link courtesy SKV on twitter:

Nice audio - IR interview

Talks about TMS, PBS & TKR...
(Interesting to see IR effortlessly quote songs - especially the recall of 'vasantha kAlam varumO nilai mARumO')
first time listening to Vasantha Kaalam Varumo. TKR has used vocal counterpoints without having any WCM training. Whattay! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZy4UgL7mi8
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:06 pm

In that RS interview, I still could not comprehend what situation he was narrating. I don't remember that situation coming in that movie. Chinna maNi kuyilE song is not for that situation, I believe. This song comes at the beginning after the Radha's birthday festival and another at the end where Radha sings for Vijayakanth to regain his consciousness. Is there any other situation? May be this scene was dropped out from the film.

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:20 am

http://vishwadeep1.blogspot.com/2008/11/ilayaraja-musical-genius.html

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:25 am

http://www.swaraalap.com/epaper/oct_09/index_pg_3.htm

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:26 am

Pop posting a few links of old articles here

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:07 pm

App, Skv link not working
Wizzy,
This is what is working for me - may be you need to tweak:
https://soundcloud.com/#routeu94/rapid-fire-questions-with

EDIT:
SKV asks to remove the #:
SKV on twitter wrote:
Sir this is the right link -> https://soundcloud.com/routeu94/rapid-fire-questions-with … Pls remove the # from the Link, this is the problemw with SoundCloud
In any case, with # too works for me at home computer Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:08 pm

app,
 indha link enaum work agalai. work agara link thanga app...

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Usha wrote:app,
 indha link enaum work agalai. work agara link thanga app...
Did you try this one:
Link without # character

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:20 pm

app,
 indha link work  aradhu ...........

favourite instrument... thambura.  enna oru azhagana vilakkam.
manasu pola oru arumaiyana vadhya karuvi...... adhilum correction.  vasika mudiyadha vishayam.

azhagu...... 

virodhi. enaku naan dhan. nanban...

kobam.......... romba mosam naan.............
spiritual ku vandha apram thittaradhu ilai.

romba naala naan pulambindu irukum oru vishayam. IR solrar...

computer music pathi...........  IR seiya try pannum podhu.. complaint.. pin naalil...    indha vishayathil.. IR ku unmaiyiliyae romba porumai dhan.........   avarudiaya payanam veru........ adhu nammudaiya GIFT.........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:45 pm

Airtel super singer  - Ilaiyaraja vaaram.

app... judges... IR perai solla vendiaya situation.....  Srinivas sollikarar.........  college days. en friends ai kelunga. naan epadi oru Raja fan nu.........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next