Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raja's New Albums

+49
Kr
BC
app_engine
crimson king
raagakann
ank
ravinat
counterpoint
kamalaakarsh
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
Manoj Raj
AbhiMusiq
raghuCA
Sakalakala Vallavar
Usha
panniapurathar
irfan123
sheepChase
suresh2
rajaclan
Shank
vicks
baroque
MH
Balu
Drunkenmunk
irir123
crvenky
Punnaimaran
writeface
mythila
Sanjeevi
rajkumarc
isaifan
fring151
jaiganesh
layman10
kiru
MumbaiRamki
sagi
skr
SenthilVinu
Bala (Karthik)
kameshratnam
Wizzy
kv
plum
V_S
Raaga_Suresh
53 posters

Page 3 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

Raja's New Albums - Page 3 Empty Re: Raja's New Albums

Post  V_S Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:21 pm

layman10 wrote:Finders keepers new compilation song list

http://diskunion.net/rock/ct/detail/RY130307-FK-01

... Select from a sound source is left from the 1970s through the 1980s, but it's what primitive synths and electro beats flew along with the slow take ぶっ arrangements consternation.... [Google translation]

1. Vel Muruganukku
2. Don't Compare [instrumental]
3. Kadal Mele
4. Thullum Ilamai
5. Ilasa Sirusa
6. Aththi Marakkili
7. Poo Poo Kkum
8. Sirikkum Mattum
9. Adi Rani
10. Nan Koduthathai
11. Ponmani
12. Mancha Podi
13. Poongatre
14. Sangeetham
15. Thamthana Nam Thana
16. Needhi Idhu
17. Eswarane
Thanks layman. I was eyeing for this album for quite long. vaangida vEndiyathuthaan.

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:52 am

layman10 wrote:Finders keepers new compilation song list

http://diskunion.net/rock/ct/detail/RY130307-FK-01

... Select from a sound source is left from the 1970s through the 1980s, but it's what primitive synths and electro beats flew along with the slow take ぶっ arrangements consternation.... [Google translation]

1. Vel Muruganukku
2. Don't Compare [instrumental]
3. Kadal Mele
4. Thullum Ilamai
5. Ilasa Sirusa
6. Aththi Marakkili
7. Poo Poo Kkum
8. Sirikkum Mattum
9. Adi Rani
10. Nan Koduthathai
11. Ponmani
12. Mancha Podi
13. Poongatre
14. Sangeetham
15. Thamthana Nam Thana
16. Needhi Idhu
17. Eswarane

Agi music should just hang their heads in shame, Finderskeepers applause has one digged into the man behind these releases?
my only gripe is its availability in India, costs a bomb to import from Amazon UK.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:05 pm

"Rajini uncle" giving his usual praise

லட்சுமி மஞ்சு தெலுங்கில் தயாரித்த படம் குண்டெல்லோ கோடாரி. குமார் நாகேந்திரா இயக்கிய இந்தப் படத்தில் ஆதி, டாப்சி, சந்தீப் நடித்துள்ளனர். இளையராஜா இசையமைத்துள்ளார்.

தெலுங்கில் ஏற்கெனவே பாடல்கள் சூப்பர் ஹிட்டாகிவிட்டன.

இந்தப் படம் தமிழில் மறந்தேன் மன்னித்தேன் என்ற பெயரில் வெளியாகியுள்ளது. இந்தப் படத்தை ரஜினிக்காக அவரது வீட்டில் உள்ள திரையரங்கில் போட்டுக் காட்டினார் லட்சுமி மஞ்சு.

படம் பார்த்த சூப்பர் ஸ்டார், புதுமையான கதை, சிறப்பான இசை, ரசித்துப் பார்த்தேன் என பாராட்டியுள்ளார்.

Looks like this reporter is a HCIRF...We can't say for sure if that "சிறப்பான இசை" is this fellow's contribution Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:31 pm

maRandhEn maniththEn review by hindu paper

Ilaiyaraaja chips in with some lovely music in the background, especially a guitar-based stretch towards the end. But there are too many songs, and the visuals (plaid-skirted backup dancers playing trumpets) don’t help. He also recycles his ‘Aasaya kaathula’ from Johny — only this time, we have Mumait Khan shaking booty so vigorously you’re afraid her limbs are going to fly off. At least the title is perfect. That’s what the audience is murmuring while walking out.
Raja's New Albums - Page 3 3325497835

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:04 pm

maRandhEn manniththEn

படத்தில் உயிர்ப்புடன் தெ‌ரிவது கலை இயக்கமும், வெள்ளப்பெருக்கை சி‌ஜி-யில் உருவாக்கியிருப்பதும். குறிப்பிட வேண்டிய இன்னொன்று இளையராஜாவின் பின்னணியிசை. பல இடங்களில் இளையராஜாவின் இசை, படம் தரும் அயர்ச்சியை தாண்டி கவர்கிறது. குறிப்பாக மஞ்சு எந்த தவறும் செய்யவில்லை என்பதை மகேஷ் உணரும் தருணம். கிளாஸ்.

ஜானி படத்தில் மகேந்திரன் அற்புதமாக படமாக்கிய ஆசைய காத்துல தூதுவிட்டு.... பாடலை ரெக்கார்ட் டான்ஸ் அளவுக்கு தரம்தாழ்த்தி, அதைவிட தரம்தாழ்ந்த கேமரா கோணத்தில், வேறு வார்த்தைகள் போட்டு பயன்படுத்தியிருக்கிறார்கள். இளையராஜா எப்படி ஒத்துக் கொண்டார்? எதற்காக இல்லாவிட்டாலும் இந்த ஒன்றுக்காக இந்தப் படத்தை மறக்கவோ மன்னிக்கவோ முடியாது

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:06 am

Looks like we have to wait for another 3 months to hear Megha's soundtrack. Sad
http://middaytimes.com/megha-tamil-movie-photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:15 pm

Ilectro releasing on 15th April cheers
For the uninitiated, the composer of the music on this record is also a master craftsman who throughout the 1980s combined his off-the-wall ideas and sky high expectations using craft, experimental technology and a trusted team of participants to help concoct some truly bizarre local produce in mass quantity without compromise. Ilaiyaraaja, known to his family as Gnanadesikan, and to many of his zillion strong fanbase as Isaignani (meaning musical genius in Tamil) represents the epitome of a nostalgic national treasure especially fora single solo composer in the Tamil micro music industry.

His euphoric electrified music of the 70s and 80s (and beyond) captures every essence of joy and jubilation and is still used in celebration as much as it is celebrated in its own right. Ilaiyaraaja, a man of humble physical stature, sparsely equipped with a self-sufficient studio of compact electronic devices literally commands celebration with his single handed symphonies.

Defying any fair comparisons in the Western world (besides inadequate parallels to Joe Meek and Jean-Pierre Massiera) it is also virtually impossible to find similar electronic mavericks in the East. Imagine a mixture between Turkey’s Ilhan Mimaroglu and the acidic synthesiser ragas of Charanjit Singh and you're still left short of the songs. Essentially, Ilaiyaraaja is to the local Kollywood film industry what RD Burman / Bappi Lahiri or M. Ashraf / Tafo are to Bollywood and Lollywood, but then remember that Ilaiyaraaja is a one-man band, with a single vision and zero competition.

This compilation reveals more tasty treats from Finders Keepers ongoing obsession with The Crown Prince Of Tamil Pop, focusing on his growth in the mid-1980s as a confident young composer adding freak pop fuel to the flickering flame of Kodambakkam’s Kollywood film industry, while embracing domestic synthesiser technology and fusing the power of electro and synth pop to his Carnatic canon.

Available for the first time ever away from their original rare as hen’s teeth, impossible to find Indian vinyl releases.

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/products/Ilaiyaraaja-Ilectro-FindersKeepers-89571.html

sample https://soundcloud.com/finderskeepersrecords/ilaiyaraaja-needhi-idhu
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:35 am

It is a surprise. Did we know about this movie earlier? Can we expect audio soon?
Raja's New Albums - Page 3 Naadi-Thudikuthadi-Movie-Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Touring Talkies

Another hallmark of the film is that the music and the background score has been composed by renowned music director Ilayaraja. Apart from being screened in tent theatres, Touring Talkies will also be in regular movie screens. It will also be showcased at the Holland and Los Angeles film festivals.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:29 pm

nilAchchORu by R Sundarrajan

Yesteryear's director, who is known for his silver jubilee films like 'Vaidhegi Kaathirunthal', 'Mella Thirandhathu Kadhavu', 'Seethanam', and many more such movies, has come back to the industry for another round.

Now, he is said to be directing a movie on a child's perspective, titled 'Nila Choru'. The child's role will be played by Sara of 'Deiva Thirumagal' fame. The film also has Vasundara and Prakash to its star cast. Since an impeccable background score is in demand, the director has roped in none less than the composer Isaignani Ilayaraja, for the music.

Looks, like everything is in place. Meanwhile, Ilayaraja is busy with a Bollywood project, with Balki.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Looks like rAsA has a new female singer, Saptaparna Chakraborty, who sang in both the above albums - touring talkies & nilAchchORu

Singing for Ilayaraja

I still can’t believe that I’ve sung in three movies for him. I went to his studio for a voice test after Haricharan suggested my name to him. I sang a bhajan. He just listened and didn’t say anything. He told his team to give me a solo song! I have sung for him in the Tamil movies Nilachoru, which is ready for release, and Sree Ramanujar and a Marathi movie Touring Talkies .

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:09 pm

"chithiraiyil nilAchchORu"

That's what seems to be the actual title of the movie (and not simply "nilAchchORu")...

I'm not sure whether such a family / village / sentiment movie can become a biggie in the current climate (where shiny-big-bud-actioners or silly-medium-bud-blade-comedies taste more success than such low-bud-serious-stories)...

Regardless, we can expect some soothing melodies from rAsA as RS always had good ears for music...

Comedy may be the current flavour in Kollywood, but when ace director-turned-actor R Sundarrajan decided to make a return to direction after a 12-year gap, he chose a family theme for his venture. Thus was born Chitraiyil Nila Choru, which is a story centred around a father’s love for his daughter.

What’s special about the film is that Ilayaraja has scored music yet again for Sundarrajan. The duo have been a hit combination in over 15 films and Sundarrajan is thrilled to have worked with the legend again.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:11 am

Wow! This is a great news. Eagerly waiting for the audio launch. Hope it happens very soon. Very Happy
Raja's New Albums - Page 3 BHxToecCMAA0D41

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:40 am

So can someone tell me what are the next releases of Raaja (by next, I mean in the next 3-4 months).

kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:49 pm

From the frequent news floating around, I think we can expect the audio from these thamizh films shortly in next 3-4 months.
1. Chiththirai NilachOru (Since the title says chiththirai months that is from April14-May14, we should expect its audio soon).
2. Naadi thudikkuthadi (some time in June, as per the news).
3. Megha (again in June).

Long pending Touring Talkies is also due, but not sure about the dates. Prakash Raj's Ulavucharu Briyani might follow next. By August we should also have Sathyan's next malayalam offering. Rudramma Devi not sure if it is slated this year or next year. Same with Balki's next film. There was also a talk about another telugu film with Pavan Kalyan.

Please add if I have missed any.

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:43 pm

V_S wrote:From the frequent news floating around, I think we can expect the audio from these thamizh films shortly in next 3-4 months.
1. Chiththirai NilachOru (Since the title says chiththirai months that is from April14-May14, we should expect its audio soon).
2. Naadi thudikkuthadi (some time in June, as per the news).
3. Megha (again in June).

Long pending Touring Talkies is also due, but not sure about the dates. Prakash Raj's Ulavucharu Briyani might follow next. By August we should also have Sathyan's next malayalam offering. Rudramma Devi not sure if it is slated this year or next year. Same with Balki's next film. There was also a talk about another telugu film with Pavan Kalyan.

Please add if I have missed any.

I read on twitter that touring talkies movie is releasing on 19th April. Surprised that audio is not yet out.
Rudrama Devi might release for Diwali or Sankranti (given the scale of the film and producers' fixation for festival releases).
Did Balki start shooting his next? I think his film will release in 2014 only.
The Pavan Kalyan film talk died within a day. No clue.

Looking forward to tamil films then! It will be nice if there are albums with more than 5 songs.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:43 am

Kamal,

There was also a Malayalam film titled 'Emsum Penkuttiyum'. Somehow no news of it yet. I think the songs were already done.

Not sure how many of these Tamil films will release !!! Most of them are like a cat on a wall. No idea which way it will go. Lets hope they do release.

'Rudramadevi' may be the film to look forward to since Raja will have a decent budget. Also 'Touring Talkies' may have some different music. The Hungarians have played in it.

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Title song from 'Tourist Talkies'. Nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l-XDi9uMSX8

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:50 am

Thank you Suresh ji Very Happy Teriffic song! I love the transformation @1:37 and @1:35. @1:34 he was playing synth drums and immediately the next second he switches to tabla with no hiccups or no waitees. Wow! The life of the song is that mandolin (?). Wonderful touch that from Maestro! I love the dialogues in between. I have been playing this song for a while and could not stop. I was wondering where is Maestro in this song, he answers @1:35, through that melody and through that signature. I even get a glimpse of Om Shanthi Om by Toshi (from telugu film Om Shanthi). Wonderful!

Back to top Go down

Raja's New Albums - Page 3 Empty Some new Puneet Rajkumar film

Post  layman10 Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:27 pm

http://www.chitraloka.com/exclusive/2767-puneet-rajkumar-new-movie-details-exclusive.html

layman10

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:41 pm

touring talkies

The renowned movie on the running tent cinema ‘Touring Talkies’ has now made the entire country in awe by taking part in the race for Oscar 2014. The makers of the movie have already entrusted the job of projecting the movie to the global level with All Lights Film Services.

World renowned Indian musician Ilayaraja has composed the music for ‘Touring Talkies’. He remains one of the most popular composers to have emerged from India.

Most renowned technicians from India like Cinematographer Amol Gole who became a pioneer in digital film making through DSLR cameras, Ballu Saluja, a well appreciated award winning editor who has edited LAGAAN which was nominated at OSCARS in 2002 etc are part of this prestigious film.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Wow! That's an excellent news. I read some great reviews about the movie. Waiting to see if I can get a dvd of the movie. It is sad that they are not even releasing the audio. Same happened with Hello Jaihind. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  kv Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Thumbs up @ WOGMA review:

"Also, hat-off to maestro Ilaiyaraja’s music and background score. Once again, he shows that few understand what a scene needs musically better than him. It is lively and electric when required, and subtly haunting when the need arises. I didn’t particularly understand the need to have English lyrics for songs, but then, it perhaps is reflective of the personality of Avinash – an English-speaking, city-bred filmmaker with almost European sensibilities when it comes to his outlook towards cinema."

http://wogma.com/movie/touring-talkies-review/
kv
kv

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:26 am

Audio from today. Hoping this will at least be as good as mayilu. Or may be they will surprise us. With something as good as their 80s albums Very Happy

Raja's New Albums - Page 3 20130425c_01510100201

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:39 pm

R Sundarrajan interview, posted by a blogger

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down