Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raja's New Albums

+48
BC
app_engine
crimson king
raagakann
ank
ravinat
counterpoint
kamalaakarsh
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
Manoj Raj
AbhiMusiq
raghuCA
Sakalakala Vallavar
Usha
panniapurathar
irfan123
sheepChase
suresh2
rajaclan
Shank
vicks
baroque
MH
Balu
Drunkenmunk
irir123
crvenky
Punnaimaran
writeface
mythila
Sanjeevi
rajkumarc
isaifan
fring151
jaiganesh
layman10
kiru
MumbaiRamki
sagi
skr
SenthilVinu
Bala (Karthik)
kameshratnam
Wizzy
kv
plum
V_S
Raaga_Suresh
52 posters

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

Raja's New Albums - Page 4 Empty Re: Raja's New Albums

Post  app_engine Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:08 pm

Report on nilAchchOru audio function

There are video clippings in the indiaglitz website and KBR in nice elements!

http://t.co/2EBfLUtWOG

(twitter ubayam V_Sji)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Those who had seen the video on indiaglitz site, now look at how oneindia / thatstamil has reported it Laughing

சென்னை: ‘வில்லன் நடிகர்களுக்கு பாடல் போடவே வராது' என இளையராஜா தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

Also, look at how nakkeeran reports the same speech...

”பாக்யராஜ் மூலமாக பாடம் கற்றுக்கொண்டேன்” - இளையராஜா!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 pm

NilaachOru audio launch on YT.

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed May 01, 2013 4:21 pm

This sounds SO promising. I think this will at least be 50% of NEPV Very Happy

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed May 01, 2013 7:57 pm

startingee isainna enna?
it is like asking atomic physicist in MIT what is an atom?
Gounder: adi seruppaala naaye odi poiru..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed May 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Nerd wrote:This sounds SO promising. I think this will at least be 50% of NEPV Very Happy

I was warming up to the 'mugilE' track and telling myself "WOW".

Then came the dampener 'puththam pudhukkAlai' Mad

Apart from the fact that I don't like classics to be re-done in the same language (porting to another is OK to me, as in cheeni kum / pA) regardless of how the original recording was poor etc., I also hate to lose an opportunity to get a NEW gem from rAsA. (In the case of poor recording, people should look at re-mastering techniques etc and not try to record again with a different singer, however awesome the new one can be).

If they want "picturization" for the old putham pudhukkAlai, buy the rights for that song and use it as such! (After all, AO was IR's home production, also, don't we often hear IR owns all rights for his past works?) Why record again with exactly same orch but some pAvam singer?

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed May 01, 2013 8:21 pm

app_engine wrote:
Nerd wrote:This sounds SO promising. I think this will at least be 50% of NEPV Very Happy

Then came the dampener 'puththam pudhukkAlai' Mad

Apart from the fact that I don't like classics to be re-done in the same language (porting to another is OK to me, as in cheeni kum / pA) regardless of how the original recording was poor etc., I also hate to lose an opportunity to get a NEW gem from rAsA. (In the case of poor recording, people should look at re-mastering techniques etc and not try to record again with a different singer, however awesome the new one can be).

If they want "picturization" for the old putham pudhukkAlai, buy the rights for that song and use it as such! (After all, AO was IR's home production, also, don't we often hear IR owns all rights for his past works?) Why record again with exactly same orch but some pAvam singer?
I am not terribly pissed off at use of PPK - but the choice of picturisation - adhu oru kalyana lou duetaada? veLangidum..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu May 02, 2013 4:46 am

Thanks Nerd for sharing. Should be a great treat for all of us, except I agree with app ji that he lost two good opportunities to compose new songs (I also heard from twitter that he is going to reuse another song from Anbe Odi Vaa, but not sure if it is true). Apart from that, two songs from Yuvan which takes four songs and left with only two more (out of total 6). Raja sang the same song as Yuvan. Hope Yuvan songs are better, keeping fingers crossed. I still don't know why he is not using Shreya Ghoshal. Neutral Picturization looked amateurish, but let me wait. Wink

Female choir is fantastic, looking forward to that song. I also got delighted by the expression of Raja (opening his hand in awe) at the end when Atila scored big with his guitar. That should be an interesting song. Hopes are high as usual. Definitely orchestral brilliance will be there, no doubt about it, only concerned about the choice of singers. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Thu May 02, 2013 12:27 pm

app_engine wrote:

Ya, it sounds very good. The only issue I have is - Doesn't that song need a much better soft voice than Yuvan? The melody seems to be very flow'y and a very fine timbre, smooth voice is needed there instead of a coarse voice. Yuvan in this song, sounds better than in NEPV (from what i hear in this video) but still, given the beauty of the tune, i feel it needs a better voice. I am sure there are many singers out there, who can deliver much better.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Thu May 02, 2013 5:07 pm

This mugile song.. it sounds like a distant cousin of 'Eduta Neeva' (Abhinandana), that has left its old colours and ventured into new lands...
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu May 02, 2013 5:33 pm

ponnar sankar's Telugu version

Jeans movie fame Prasanth and Miss Indias Puja Chopra and Divya Parameswaran are acting in the lead roles in a huge budgeted historical film titled 'Rajakota Rahasyam'. The film is based on a novel Ponnar Shankar novel written by Tamil Nadu Ex - Chief minister M.Karunanidhi.
Maestro Ilayaraja has scored the music.The songs of the movie released through legend music have drawn the attention. The songs of the movie have been shot in huge settings with thousands of dancers, horses and people.
Thyagarajan has filmed this movie as a visual wonder. The producer said that this is a must watch family entertainer this summer and they are planning to release the movie in the first week of May.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Fri May 03, 2013 4:18 am

[quote="jaiganesh"]
app_engine wrote:
I am not terribly pissed off at use of PPK - but the choice of picturisation - adhu oru kalyana lou duetaada? veLangidum..

Exactly.. what an ambient mix and using it for a scene in a kalyana mantapam !!!. How does one become a director ?
I was going to say that letting IR use the Hungarians almost guarantees a hit, but seeing this shot, I reserve my opinions on this.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Fri May 03, 2013 8:38 am

app_engine wrote: ponnar sankar's Telugu version

Jeans movie fame Prasanth and Miss Indias Puja Chopra and Divya Parameswaran are acting in the lead roles in a huge budgeted historical film titled 'Rajakota Rahasyam'. The film is based on a novel Ponnar Shankar novel written by Tamil Nadu Ex - Chief minister M.Karunanidhi.
Maestro Ilayaraja has scored the music.The songs of the movie released through legend music have drawn the attention. The songs of the movie have been shot in huge settings with thousands of dancers, horses and people.
Thyagarajan has filmed this movie as a visual wonder. The producer said that this is a must watch family entertainer this summer and they are planning to release the movie in the first week of May.

Wrong! In reality, nobody cares a damn about this film because it has Prashant. Secondly, nobody cares much about the music either, though it is by raaja. I can understand if the same statement was used in the context of NEPV/YVM but this film - not at all. I know that few articles about this film were published in newspapers (with ridiculous statements that this film reminds us of Hollywood's Gladiator). But I dont see any music buffs taking keen interest in this album.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sat May 04, 2013 8:26 am

The first song looks extremely promising. The instrumentation, particularly the western flute/harp immediately made me sit up and take notice Looking forward to some orchestral grandeur. Hope the album comes out well. I really would rather that Yuvan doesn't sing for IR though.
Very angry/disappointed to see that Putham Pudhu kaalai is going to be picturized in an (as usual and as expected) shoddy manner. Till now, I was really happy that this song had been saved from the amateurish, stereotypical visuals typical of Indian directors. But no, they wouldn't spare this song either. And apparently the director wanted to picturize it because he wanted to fill the void. Bleedy..Vaayla nalla varudhu. I wonder why Raja didn't object. No visuals can ever do justice to the beauty and depth of Raja's songs and directors should just accept this fact and keep the visuals simple like montage shots in En Iniya pon Nilave or Andhi Mazhai rather than attempt dumbass choreography like in Aaagaya Vennilave or Poove Sempoove.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue May 07, 2013 4:38 pm

ஓவர் ஸ்பீடில் ஓநாய்

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue May 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Actually more than the 'How can they make a video for Puththamputhuk kaalai' I am more disappointed with Raaja retaining the original as is. If not Jaane Do Na levels, at least indha thamthana namthana maadhiri re-orch pannirukkalaam. Oru 10 mins job for him Very Happy

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Tue May 07, 2013 6:05 pm

++ to what has been said here. PPK replay is absurd at many levels

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  kameshratnam Tue May 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Nila Soru Original Audio CD will be available in Staar Traack Musicals, Coimbatore from tomorrow i.e. 8/5/2013. Contact Mr.Hakeem 9345580770 for your orders. Outstation orders are processed thro courier.

kameshratnam

http://soundcloud.com/kameshratnam

Back to top Go down

Post  isaifan Thu May 09, 2013 4:02 pm

Anyone heard full songs of Chithiraiyil Nilachoru? Here is singer Sapta Parna singing a song: http://movies.sulekha.com/tamil/chithiraiyil-nila-choru/trailers/promo26128.htm

That is just a promo Wink

isaifan

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu May 09, 2013 4:06 pm

நல்வரவு isaifan!

நிலாச்சோறு பாடல் துளிக்கு நன்றி!

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  isaifan Thu May 09, 2013 4:24 pm

நன்ற Smile

isaifan

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu May 09, 2013 7:26 pm

App, while you are at it - listen to this also. Same yeng gael.

Great job, given that she wasn't under any *supervision*.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu May 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Excellent!

"குழலோசை" and all, lovely!

Raja's New Albums - Page 4 2798411019

mikka nanRi Nerd!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Fri May 10, 2013 7:39 pm

isaifan wrote:Anyone heard full songs of Chithiraiyil Nilachoru? Here is singer Sapta Parna singing a song: http://movies.sulekha.com/tamil/chithiraiyil-nila-choru/trailers/promo26128.htm

That is just a promo Wink

The tune sounds excellent. Hopefully, with orchestration it will be awesome.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sat May 11, 2013 6:37 am

Exlend. yArubA indha poNNu? As for the song, those drum rolls towards the end of the charaNam - how can kiLukiLuppu be transliterated into percussion? There's a lesson.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next