Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Megha / மேகா

+25
crimson king
mythila
RaajaDivine
jaiganesh
skr
plum
Wizzy
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
raja4ever
Sakalakala Vallavar
irir123
kamalaakarsh
balachidambaram
app_engine
Usha
kv
Raaga_Suresh
Balu
fring151
V_S
writeface
kiru
rajkumarc
Drunkenmunk
sagi
29 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Megha / மேகா - Page 12 Empty Re: Megha / மேகா

Post  V_S Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Thanks a lot DM and CK for your kind words. Smile

DM,
Glad you brought and reminded me of that song and thiruviLayaadal puranam. Going back in history to read these treasures gives immense pleasure. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:55 pm

VS,
  ipodhu  dhan ungaludaiya  post padichen.........  technical aga edhuvm theiryadhu.... IR music patri... therindhu kolgiren... ingae.. ungalai
pondravargalidam irundhu........

IR music.. oru Rangoli madhirii..... nichayam modern art ilai.......ipadi than ninaithu kolven.........

ungalin ezhuthil..... indha feelings ai.. padithu.... niraiya therindhu konden........... miga azhagaga ezhudhi irukireergal.....

IR music pola.. idhai padikavum koduthu vaithu iruka vendum................. mikka Nanri VS..........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:49 pm

V_Sji,
Speechless!
applause

Reverse requiem...pencil sketch strokes - WOW what a lot of parallel thoughts / analogies / metaphors!

Phenomenal analysis!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:04 pm

There are disciplines like  microbiology, microsurgery, microbanking etc.. Now with V_S's intricate analysis .. we need to add micromusicology to it :-)
Awesome.. the Hungarians and Na. Muthukumar are a great partners to IR !!!
This song somehow reminds me of Elton John.. especially 'candle in the wind'.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Thanks a lot Usha ji, App ji and kiru for your inspiring comments. I can say I have listened to this song the most number of times this year and also continuously for hours together. It painted so many things inside me, just that something I got to vent out. All credit to our monster musician. When people are massaging their brains (and others) to get some tunes out, this man is just on a musical rampage even after 5000 songs and all on his own. noteworthy

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Amazing analysis V_S noteworthy . Wonderfully written with all the intricate details of the composition, the song played in my mind while I was reading.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:48 pm

V_S - prammmaadham.. very interesting point of view.. this needs a reread..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  RaajaDivine Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:49 pm

Fantastic analysis and beautifully expressed, V_S!!
  I would go as far as saying that emotionally, Jeevane has had the most impact on me since TIS.
I agree that there are two emotional elements to this song - the absolute agony and blissful joy/resurrection/re-unification. But I would like to add that, while the absolute agony is felt by the physical being that is extremely aware of the loss (lover's death), blissful joy is felt by the soul within that is quite aware that his/her 'Jeevan' never really left him/her.
 I think the change in lyrics from Jeevane to Deviye signifies this change in perspective - from the physical to the soul aspect of the being. The soul is singing the 'Deviye' part, blissfully rejoicing reuniting with his Devi in the soul form [Raja portrays this aspect beautifully with an assured glee in his voice when he sings the lines 'Mayilganil iraginAl...'].
  There is one other song that I can think of where the maestro has musically expressed this shift from the physical to the soul quite beautifully to put it mildly. In 'Vedam Anuvilum Oru Naadam' from Salangai Oli, near the very end of the song the background instrumentals to the same pallavi changes dramatically producing a 'take-off to the other realm' effect that is quite beyond words, really.
  Speaking of Mozart's requiem, I think Raja was hugely inspired by it when he composed 'Vaanam thottu ponA' for Devar Magan.

RaajaDivine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:52 pm

This is one example why IR is heads, shoulders and toes taller than his contemporaries (including MSV) - while others are able to create a tune and set it to neat music - they fail to wrap it in a creative vision. Raaja with his unique grasp and point of view on emotions, is able to do that - make a pathos song sound like a requiem. Bravo.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:20 am

V_Sji,
What a fabulous perspective applause . It shows how much you have internalized the music and the emotions of this song as well as Mozart's requiem. I loved the parts where you talk of balance in the compositions. I remember reading a similar view of Edho mogam by someone as well - that the song is perfectly balanced in every sense.

Now that I listened to Jeevane in more detail after your write-up, I do notice that when he sings 'Deviye', there is a sense of tranquility. At least, I definitely don't hear the distinct pathos of IR's voice in those lines. So it lends credence to your thoughts. It will be interesting to see what the context of the movie is (though I don't plan on watching it, I will follow the forum for updates Smile ). 

More proof that IR's music is all about pure, unadulterated emotional expression and not merely technical sophistication. The latter is merely incidental.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Many thanks rajkumarc, Jai, RaajaDivine, fring151 for all your moving comments. Overwhelmed!

Very well said Jai on how Maestro not just creates tunes, he creates a new world for us to travel. The key is the instruments he chooses, tones them and the way he orchestrates apart from vocals. That's where many lack. Many don't even know what instruments would be right for the song. They do it randomly and with not much analyses on the context of the situation. That's why it protrudes like a sore thumb not sticking to the melody at all. It stays as a good melody, doesn't go beyond that.

RaajaDivine, wonderful take on dEviyE part and nicely expressed. These kind of motifs are only possible with Maestro's compositions even before we see the visuals, as Jai pointed out earlier. Thanks for highlighting vEdham anuvilum oru naadham and vaanam thottu pOna. Excellent!

Yes this song is ultimate in terms of emotions as fring151 mentioned, rest automatically complements it, nicely put!.

Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:59 pm

V_S wrote: When people are massaging their brains (and others) to get some tunes out, this man is just on a musical rampage even after 5000 songs and all on his own. noteworthy
rotfl2 

kalakkaReenga!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:23 am

I only got to listen directly from the CD yesterday in spite of owning it for nearly two months! One thing I noticed is the volume is better on CD, otherwise on a 180 kbps rip, I used to need to crank it up a little every time.  I am curious why was this done.  Was it in any way related to some complaints about the density of the NEP recording?  Anyhow, the playback from CD direct is awesome.  I'd say about half the 'new genre' feel comes from the production and the way the Hungarian musicians (esp drummer) play, which gives it a very contemporary feeling.  The keyboards belong to 21st century sensibilities but there is so much orchestra wrapped around it.   Not that there is no originality per se in Mugilo or Kalvane but if he had recorded them in a manner similar to CNC, millipede & co would have written it off as pazhaiya raja.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:43 pm

crimson king wrote:I only got to listen directly from the CD yesterday in spite of owning it for nearly two months! One thing I noticed is the volume is better on CD, otherwise on a 180 kbps rip, I used to need to crank it up a little every time.  I am curious why was this done.  Was it in any way related to some complaints about the density of the NEP recording?  Anyhow, the playback from CD direct is awesome.  I'd say about half the 'new genre' feel comes from the production and the way the Hungarian musicians (esp drummer) play, which gives it a very contemporary feeling.  The keyboards belong to 21st century sensibilities but there is so much orchestra wrapped around it.   Not that there is no originality per se in Mugilo or Kalvane but if he had recorded them in a manner similar to CNC, millipede & co would have written it off as pazhaiya raja.
Bang on. I felt the same.
In fact it is a pazhaiya raaja - lovable raaja. there is no silly tack in him - no deception - simple straightforward.. particularly mugilo - wonder what he would have done to this --> http://tamillyrics.hosuronline.com/ProductsD.asp?pID=2095&PCat=439 if he had the resources he had for megha? The ideas are the meat of the song and that cup has always been overflowing in our bar ;-)

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:41 pm

This kaLvane - keeps tripping me over and over.. are they releasing this movie or not?

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:02 am

jaiganesh wrote:This kaLvane - keeps tripping me over and over.. are they releasing this movie or not?
Hopefully not. We'll be spared the picturization of the song

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:52 am

fring151 wrote:
jaiganesh wrote:This kaLvane - keeps tripping me over and over.. are they releasing this movie or not?
Hopefully not. We'll be spared the picturization of the song
No, we like to see the movie released. First producers who came to Raja should be successful whatever be the reason, second there are so many people who are not exposed to the kind of music that is in Megha.
In cameras, there is something called 'Full time autofocus'. Megamo Mugilo is - "Full time Harmony" :-) Let people get an idea on Harmony (in its extreme form) vs the "Full time rhythm" (loops) of many other composers.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:05 am

Hearing Kalvane now after a break. I am more sure than ever after sampling the abysmal stuff on the radio these days , that had this song been released under Ani's or Imman's banner, it would have been hailed as song of the year, fresh sounding, rule breaking - the whole nine yards.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:13 am

Director interview

உங்கள் முதல் படத்திற்கே இளைய ராஜா இசை அமைக்கிறார். இது எப்படி சாத்தியமானது?
நானே இதை எதிர்பார்க்க வில்லை. தயாரிப்பாளர் கதையைப் படித்துவிட்டு, “இந்தப் படத்திற்கு இளையராஜா இசை அமைத்தால் நன்றாக இருக்கும்” என்றார். இளையராஜாவிடம் நான் கதை சொல்லப்போகும்போது எல் லோரையும் போல அவர் ஓகே சொல் வாரா என்று பயந்தேன். ஆனால் என் அதிர்ஷ்டம்... இதற்கு அவர் ஒப்புக்கொண்டார். இந்த படத் துக்கு இசை அமைக்க அவர் 12 நாட்கள் உழைத்தார். பின்னணி இசைக் கோர்ப்புக்கு முன் படத்தை பார்த்துவிட்டு “சொன்னதைவிட நல்லா எடுத்திருக்கீங்க. எனக்கு பரீட்சை வைத்ததுபோல் இருக்கிறது, நான் இதை சரியாக செய்ய வேண்டும்” என்று கூறிப் பாராட்டினார். அது எனக்கு புத்துணர்ச்சி தந்தது. அவரைப் போலவே ரசிகர்களையும் இந்தப் படம் கவரும் என்று நம்புகிறேன்.

Shocked Indha Aalu summa oodharAnA illa IR OokkuvikkarthukAga appdi sollirupArA?

http://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/tamil-cinema/%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%88%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%9F%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%9F%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A3%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%9A%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%9A%E0%AE%BF-%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%A8%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A8%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B7%E0%AE%BF-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%9F%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%9F%E0%AE%BF/article6172489.ece?homepage=true

How do I make the Tamil link appear properly?

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:05 pm

I saw a FB update from the director and producer of the movie that they plan to release the BGM of the film as a CD.

When they hear such great music, normally these guys do go sky high in their praise. Let's see what they actually do. Only Myskkin has been real about BGM release.

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:45 pm

Kalvanae kalvanae  --  paatuku venkkiram comment..... Interludes ku comment.. romba azhagaga solli irukar.

Interludes..andha style.. andha feelings... Perfect comments. like it.........

1. தினமும் ஒருமுறையாவது கேட்டுவருகிறேன்.. இந்த நூற்றாண்டின் ஒப்பற்ற இசைப் பாடல்களில் ஒன்று. இடையிசைக்கும் சரணத்திற்குமிடையே ராஜா கட்டமைக்கும் பாலங்கள் சிறப்பு. அதுவும் குறிப்பாக இரண்டாம் இடையிசையில் வரும் வயலின் கற்றைகள். 

ஆரம்ப இசையே மேகக் கூட்டத்திற்கு அழைத்துச் செல்லும். அங்கே உங்களுக்கே என காத்துக்கொண்டிருக்கும் தேவதையோடு சேர்ந்து நீங்களே ஆடிப் பாடி மகிழும் விதத்தில் ராஜா உருவாக்கிய பாடல் இது. சரணத்தில் ஒரே மேகக் கூட்டத்தில் நிற்காமல் வெவ்வேறு மேகக் கூட்டங்களுக்கு தாவித் தாவி செல்லும் விதத்தில் பலவித அடுக்குகளாக அமைத்திருக்கிறார். 

Megha / மேகா - Page 12 ClearReply With Quote

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:05 pm

Repeating the 12 days thingy

Incidentally, the maestro took 12 days to do the background score, as he felt the visual content of the film required a special treatment.”

Megha has Ashwin Kakumanu in his first lead role; he plays a forensic expert. Paired with him is Shrushti, while Angana Roy is featured in the thriller portions.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:01 pm

rAsA in jovial mood

IR, about முதல் மரியாதை wrote:

எனக்குப்படம் பிடிக்கலையா - பிடிக்கலை.

ஆனா, என் தொழிலுக்கு நான் துரோகம் பண்ண மாட்டேன்!

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:58 am

app_engine wrote:rAsA in jovial mood

IR, about முதல் மரியாதை wrote:

எனக்குப்படம் பிடிக்கலையா - பிடிக்கலை.

ஆனா, என் தொழிலுக்கு நான் துரோகம் பண்ண மாட்டேன்!

Laughing
hm.. I think our man is a cool guy...dont know why some people dont take to him easily :-)

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:05 pm

indha kaalathil. Humble ku artham theriya vendum...............

IR ku agankaram endru.... agankaramaga sollum.. manidhargalin.. aanavam............. 

venkiram.  avar  orutharanga poradi kondu irukirar............. 

konjam.. music therindhadharkae.. aanavam varum podhu......

oru thread il... participate seivadharkae... agankaram varum podhu........

Niraiya saadhitha manushanuku... agankaram dhan vandhal enna....................

.  unmaiyil....

manadhil pattadhai sollum........ IR in pechu....... epadi agankarama thondrum ivargaluku.................

Agankaram niraindha periya manidhargal...............   kaalam unarthum.. ivargaluku...  ivargalin agankarathirku.........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next