Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nitpick thread for IR songs

5 posters

Go down

Nitpick thread for IR songs Empty Nitpick thread for IR songs

Post  app_engine Fri May 17, 2013 5:20 pm

Place holder for ALL kinds of nitpicks Wink

One pronunication comedy heard this AM : manjaL andhi vELaiyO from kAdhal geetham

The song has the same pallavi melody as 'andharangam yAvumE, solvadhenRAl pAvamE' of Ayiram nilavE vA. So, IMG, this must be a "dubbing song" from other language. Could be from some Malayalam movie of IR.

In the first saraNam, KSC sings the word 'poojaiyO' as "boojaiyO" twice. (நீலவிழியின் பாஷையோ நேசமான பூஜையோ) Agreed it may not be a native Thamizh word (I don't want to get into the word research as to whether poosai became poojA or vice versa). Either way, there is no B Laughing

Since 'pooja' is an "all-India-word", I think KSC thought this is a different Thamizh word Rolling Eyes and thus messed it up. After all, she started her TFM career with this very word - her first recorded TF song is reportedly "பூஜைக்கேத்த பூவிது நேத்துத்தானே பூத்தது பூத்தது யாரத பாத்தது" Smile

I also guess IR wasn't present when she sang this number as he couldn't have allowed 'poojai' to be sung 'boojai'...dubbing movies sometimes didn't need his presence for the singer portion may be...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Nitpick thread for IR songs Empty Re: Nitpick thread for IR songs

Post  sagi Fri May 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Ha, so Abhinandana (Telugu) was dubbed in tamil? Appji listen to manchu kurisi velalo. I like that version better than antharangam yaavume.

Like you said for most *pure* dubbing works Raaja wouldnt have been present during the recording. Sinnnmayi said Raaja wasnt present when she masaccared the SriRamaRajyam songs in thamizh Laughing

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri May 17, 2013 11:58 pm

Nerd wrote: listen to manchu kurisi velalo

Sure this sounds much sweeter Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat May 18, 2013 12:02 am

BTW, as posted in the SJ thread (i.e. a compilation of tweets), the 'poojaikkEththa poovidhu' song too had this comical pronunciation by chEchi (new to TFM at that point of time) :

"துல்லிப்போகும் புல்லிமான மல்லுவேட்டி இழுக்குது" (towards the end of first stanza)...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Repeat of nitpicks on 'vikram-vikram' posted in another thread :

1. That 'thavaLai' like sound after the 3rd & 4th Vikram's in the pallavi (where a tiger's roar would have been more appropriate). I hated it at the time of arrival and still do, very childish.

2. That 'rathaththAL thalai uRuLudhu' in the first saraNam is somewhat incorrect. (yudhdhaththAl / saththaththAl / raththaththAl - may be another case of VM's rhyme-only thingy, compromising on meaning - shouldn't it be 'raththathil thalai uruLudhu')

3. Kamal who sings first stanza in a terrific / terror mode, gets lazy in second stanza IMHO. Even pronunciation suffers - he sings 'theemai' as 'theevai'

4. But his laziest happens towards the end of second saraNam when he sings a couple of lines as if he were about to sleep - after a 'puli varukudhu', he drastically gets into slumber mode in 'manObalam' portion and then 'adhO pagai azhiyudhu' is almost like 'tranquilizer-fed'...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:26 pm

Nerd wrote:Ha, so Abhinandana (Telugu) was dubbed in tamil? Appji listen to manchu kurisi velalo. I like that version better than antharangam yaavume.

Like you said for most *pure* dubbing works Raaja wouldnt have been present during the recording. Sinnnmayi said Raaja wasnt present when she masaccared the SriRamaRajyam songs in thamizh Laughing

For MOST of the dubbed albums, Raaja was/is/will not be present during recording. From what I heard, dubbing is done by all assistants only.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:36 pm

Mano.

This thread can now officially be closed Smile

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:12 am

plum wrote:Mano.