Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Gyan on Products/Services etc

+7
Sakalakala Vallavar
sagi
app_engine
sid_316
kid_glove
Wizzy
plum
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

General Gyan on Products/Services etc - Page 2 Empty Re: General Gyan on Products/Services etc

Post  kid_glove Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:04 am

Thanks Wizzy, you're a whizzy...

kid_glove

Back to top Go down

General Gyan on Products/Services etc - Page 2 Empty Re: General Gyan on Products/Services etc

Post  app_engine Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Don't the cable TV fellows provide internet in TN / Chennai?

They typically give much higher speeds for the same cost (here in U.S.)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:41 am

Sakal/Wizz and others, Should I pull the trigger on an ASUS TFT300T 10" for $269 + Tax. This will be for my personal use.
Specs: http://www.asus.com/Tablet/Transformer_Pad/ASUS_Transformer_Pad_TF300T/#specifications

Last year I bought a TF101 for $299 which went to my brother. He really likes it.

Thoughts please.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Nerd, Specs, athuvum ASUS, nallaa then irukku! But ungalukku android experience pudichirukkaa! Tablet experience OK nnaa go ahead thaan! Price um nallaa thaan irukku!

But this is last year product, so intha ThanksGiving la innum kammiyaana offer ~ $250 varum nu nenachen. Anyway i don't know market realities this year! Already Note 2 la settle aagittathaala slickdeals, bfads.net pakkame pOgalai!

So, price comparitive aa kammi nnaa yosikkaama vaanglaaam thaan!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Makkals, what about this laptop offer?!

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150945801738&ssPageName=ADME:B:PPOPN:IN:1123

Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD OS X Mountain Lion

66K Price which is kind of US Pricing. This generally retails in Indian online and stores around 78 - 82K
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:40 pm

sakala,
If you ask me, I would say yes. I am big apple fan, right from iMac, macbook pro to ipad, ipods and iphones. Mac book pro with mountain lion, I am also eyeing for that, might buy that very soon. I already own an iMac (since last 3 years) and very happy. Very Happy
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Thanks V_S! Very Happy

Lets see what our other sagaas have to say abt the deal! Smile
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Sakala, thanks. I am no mactard. The only product I like is iPhone. iPad is *CRAZY* expensive for what it brings to the table with zero ways to customize it. And I buy iPhones only because they come cheaper with a contract.

Macbooks paakka nallaa irukkum, use panna arumaiyaa irukkum, but again extremely expensive for the specs etc., I am not a keen follower either so don't even take my word for it.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:25 pm

Unless someone is seriously into video / audio editing, buying an apple computer is equivalent to throwing money into river, IMVSO!

I agree with Nerd on iPhone (and the music player iPod) - fantastic gadgets!

But notebooks / workstations are outrageously priced for what they can do in the computer world - with the exception of AV editing as mentioned above!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Everybody has got their own expectations and perceptions. Here is mine: Smile
I agree they are expensive, but for me satisfaction is first money next. I hate windows to extremes, especially for bloating softwares and big threat to security. We need to install that stupid anti-virus every year (as it gets expired). I was at no peace and the computer getting heated up soon and fans running with windmill sounds. So I can never go back to windows in my life again.

Second, the original ideas. As a maestro fan that helps, I don't like to buy a copied product/ideas. If the same ipad or imac or iphone would have first originated from other companies, I would have definitely gone for it, but it will never happen. After apple manufactures a product, everyone tries to imitate them, but they cannot even come closer to what apple does, except for pricing. Basically being a unix guy, I like every idea apple has got right into their systems, that also make me lean towards their products.
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 pm

App, you r right wrt price. See this laptop http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-np300v5a-s0cin-laptop-2nd-gen-ci7-6gb-1tb-win7-hp-1gb-graph/p/itmd65dckvb7k9gv?pid=COMD65DCTZN89XH9&ref=403f2e6d-45ab-4a76-a3ee-10e833c16f3e

This windows laptop comes with superb CPU, RAM, HDD, Display size, Original OS, for much less price - 50K

But as you said, if one wants to do some good Music creation related stuff, mac wud be a good option.

Also if one want to create iPad/iPhone Apps then the only way to create native apps is to use this device.

Also, even though the hardware is pricy, the design of mac devices are really great and not just comparable with regular Windows Laptops even with those of same hardware.

for ex, the heat dissipation, usage experience wrt keys/trackpad, batt life and some things are rated too good by many reviewers. And now with a top class hardware, think running, Ubuntu Linux, Windows, and also MAc OS so that one can create apps for both the best platforms, Android and iOS devices, thats really great.

This is only device one can run all 3 OS! Win/Linux/Mac! And not only that, if maintained well, the resale value of macbooks are well higher than Windows laptop ones.

With the price too being low, equal to US pricing, same time, no hassles wrt warranty, this price 66K instead of ~78K, makes this laptop better deal.

Again, i am open for all of ur thoughts, more questions means more understanding!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:35 pm

plum wrote:Kalanidhi Marar epdi DIshTVkkum keezhE? (Admittedly unscientific study but Tata Sky market share is staggering and equally, airtel way above SUN is a surprise)

I do hear SUN DIRECT Service is worshtttu....but how does mArar not manipulate his way to the top?
The downfal itself is becos of internal manipulation only! I mean, in sun DTH, you will constantly see other popular channels, esp during important programs, there will be grains on pic. Also, Vijay TV and Kalaigner TV signals will be constantly disturbed, no technical reasons, just competiion, but unfair game play. Puthiya thalaimurai was completely banned there. Makkals eppadi varuaanga??

Also, another irritant DTH is Big TV. I experienced its torture for past 2 years, both hardware problem and high cost etc and switched to Tata Sky. When i got it it had 12 Tamil channels and now its 19. Nice!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Wizzy wrote:the sloths @ Slatedroid have already ported Ubuntu to Elf II so you don't have much to worry wrt support
Ubuntu on Android tablets?? Wizzy, link pls Very Happy
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:
Wizzy wrote:the sloths @ Slatedroid have already ported Ubuntu to Elf II so you don't have much to worry wrt support
Ubuntu on Android tablets?? Wizzy, link pls Very Happy

for tabs based on Amlogic http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/38070-ubuntu-1210-quantal-armhf-for-elf-ii/

Ubuntu for Android tv sticks(Rockchip 3066) is also in the works Very Happy

you might want to try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.meefik.linuxdeploy

for more http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=378043
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Nerd, great tab for the price quoted.

this time around the deals have been a damp squib
any good deals on external hard disks?? other than BB's 3tb for $99(sold out), I couldn't find any Neutral
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Yov Wizzy, Vanthathu thaan vanthe, intha post kku respond pannuppaa! Smile

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:Makkals, what about this laptop offer?!

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150945801738&ssPageName=ADME:B:PPOPN:IN:1123

Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD OS X Mountain Lion

66K Price which is kind of US Pricing. This generally retails in Indian online and stores around 78 - 82K
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:50 pm

^ Macpro is only for celebs and Peter Menons, if you have money to burn get the new iMac, worth every penny. engg. marvel to say the least.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:57 pm

No pa! I am not both celeb and Peter menon! Btw, hav ordered that unit! Its lowest priced macbook among all the current active macbooks. No Retina, thicker than Retina ones, 1st time i am getting down to 13.3" screen. Resolution normal. But still, not bad! Jun2012 Release!

Has good plans for it! Work out aagalainnaa resale in max 6 months! Good resale value anyways! Smile

If not this, i wud have gone for this one - http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-np300v5a-s0cin-laptop-2nd-gen-ci7-6gb-1tb-win7-hp-1gb-graph/p/itmd65dckvb7k9gv?pid=COMD65DCTZN89XH9&ref=403f2e6d-45ab-4a76-a3ee-10e833c16f3e
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:45 am

Yeah wizz, really poor deals this time, save for TVs. The 3TB seagate is also there in CostCo. But not so great reviews on the seagate models.

I have ordered the tab btw Very Happy

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:11 am

Wizzy wrote:^ Macpro is only for celebs and Peter Menons, if you have money to burn get the new iMac, worth every penny. engg. marvel to say the least.
Was waiting for this and I'm getting this! (21 inchi)

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:25 am

Bala, superb! Appo 'ithula sun tv varuma,' range kostins expect pannunga from mee Smile)
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:27 am

Mbp and ifone stock backlog aa?! Laughing am seeing 4s for 32k and also some mbp deals!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:17 am

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:Bala, superb! Appo 'ithula sun tv varuma,' range kostins expect pannunga from mee Smile)
Konjam unarchivasappattutten . :sschandranicon: Porulaadhaar + woip may not be thrilled with this. Let's hope for the best

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:42 am

By the by, Note 2 la sila idhu discuss panna ungala vegu viraivil koopudren

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:13 am

Sure, pesuvom!

Btw, iMac, nallaa screengaurd pottu clean aa maindain pannunga, in case ungalukku othu varalainnaa resale pannidalaam. Macs have very good resale value. Naanum antha nambikkaila thaan vaanguren
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum