Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kannada songs of Maestro IR / Fully compiled Kannada songs of Ilayaraja / Complete Collection of Ilayaraja's Kannada Songs / YouTube Playlist Kannada songs of Ilaiyaraaja

+5
IsaiRasigan
app_engine
Usha
Kr
BC
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Kannada songs of Maestro IR / Fully compiled Kannada songs of Ilayaraja / Complete Collection of Ilayaraja's Kannada Songs / YouTube Playlist Kannada songs of Ilaiyaraaja - Page 4 Empty Re: Kannada songs of Maestro IR / Fully compiled Kannada songs of Ilayaraja / Complete Collection of Ilayaraja's Kannada Songs / YouTube Playlist Kannada songs of Ilaiyaraaja

Post  BC Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:47 pm

#39: Idolle Ramayana - 2016

Director: Prakash Raj        Lead Cast: Prakash Raj, Priyamani, Achyuth Kumar

Lyricist: Jayant Kaikini       Singer: IR

Just O-N-E song and IR keeps you craving for more!

193. Idolle Ramayana - IR - Folk-style song rendered amazingly by IR with his unusual charm and wit, which you would have relished in the song "Kudhikkira kudhikkira kudhirakutti" from Azhagar Saamiyin Kudhirai.

I remember the buzz about Sudha Raghunathan crooning for and recording another song in this movie.  I'm afraid it went unreleased.  If anybody has that song, please share it here.  This movie is a good watch too.

Last edited by BC on Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:40 am; edited 3 times in total

BC

Back to top Go down

Kannada songs of Maestro IR / Fully compiled Kannada songs of Ilayaraja / Complete Collection of Ilayaraja's Kannada Songs / YouTube Playlist Kannada songs of Ilaiyaraaja - Page 4 Empty Re: Kannada songs of Maestro IR / Fully compiled Kannada songs of Ilayaraja / Complete Collection of Ilayaraja's Kannada Songs / YouTube Playlist Kannada songs of Ilaiyaraaja

Post  BC Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:54 pm

And with that above song and movie, Maestro IR's Kannada (Karnataka) innings comes to an end; or let us hope he does a few more there.

I forgot to number the movies and songs Like a Star @ heaven .  I will do it by updating each of the posts. 

Like a Star @ heaven UPDATE

Kannada tally of IR movies: 39

IR's Kannada songs tally: 193

I will soon start a topic for the Hindi innings of IR.  

Happy listening, y'all.

BC

Usha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:07 pm

some kannada songs from satish G tweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7k06QLv9Ak&t=3s

Usha

BC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:52 am

Sharing my playlist on YouTube for Maestro Ilayaraja's Kannada songs.

It contains ALL the Kannada songs (scored by IR) that is there on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM1liEwRIGbKdS-6omgS0QVcbRB1UAlT5 

BC

app_engine, Usha, Thirukovur Balaji Prasad, IsaiRasigan and Jose S like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:07 am

Excellent work, BC!

As you probably know, IRF's are greedy ( for e.g. even after 1000's of songs, we still want him to compose / rule charts etc Laughing )

So, a request with that "greedy attitude" : Is it also possible to categorize IR's Kannada songs as "super hits / hits / not so popular"?

Smile

app_engine

BC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:01 am

app_engine wrote:Excellent work, BC!

As you probably know, IRF's are greedy ( for e.g. even after 1000's of songs, we still want him to compose / rule charts etc Laughing )

So, a request with that "greedy attitude" : Is it also possible to categorize IR's Kannada songs as "super hits / hits / not so popular"?  

Smile
Thank you, app_engine.  That kind of a "greed" is good!

Yes, like "Yeh dil maange more"!  You just cannot have enough of IR music.

I have never even set foot in Karnataka, let alone sorting IR's Sandalwood songs as you mentioned Embarassed and neither do I know Kannada .  I am clueless about the hit status of those songs there during those times, barring the songs of Geetha, Pallavi Anupallavi etc. which we all know.  Maybe I will start a thread so people who actually live/lived in Karnataka during that time could participate and vote!

On a side note, sorting ANY collection of IR is a humongous task.  You do not know where to start and how/when will it ever end!  Even a simple playlist sorting in my Mp3 player is a headache for me.  It also takes a big chunk of your time.  When I bumped into this forum, I was amazed to see the amount of documentation done here with people like you, Usha etc. in the forefront (same for Ravinat's blog)!

But your reply came as a good reminder for starting the Hindi songs thread which I thought of putting out as early as 2020 pale , and is a longtime overdue now.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose S Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:14 am

BC wrote:Sharing my playlist on YouTube for Maestro Ilayaraja's Kannada songs.

It contains ALL the Kannada songs (scored by IR) that is there on YouTube.

Thanks for sharing this. I'm binge listening to IR's Telugu work recently and building a playlist on YT - so many wonderful gems there that I hadn't heard before.

Bookmarking to get to this later.

Jose S

Usha and BC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:08 am

Jose S wrote:
Thanks for sharing this. I'm binge listening to IR's Telugu work recently and building a playlist on YT - so many wonderful gems there that I hadn't heard before.

No problem.  Yes, IR-Tollywood is yet another treasure trove.  Compiling the entire collection will take a lot more time.  Hope you share the playlist here.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose S Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:28 am

BC wrote:
Jose S wrote:

No problem.  Yes, IR-Tollywood is yet another treasure trove.  Compiling the entire collection will take a lot more time.  Hope you share the playlist here.

This is the playlist I'm listening to - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3FDB6i7MkIdmx2wGx8rRT_7_u6TbkGKZ (847 songs)

From there, I am picking songs that are new to me (which excludes songs with a known Tamil version).

Jose S

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:45 am

Thanks, Jose.  It looks heady!  Whatever IR composed is more than enough for anybody's lifetime!  That is why he is incomparable and par/bar none.

Feel free to peruse my Kannada songs' playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM1liEwRIGbKdS-6omgS0QVcbRB1UAlT5 .  

There is only 1 Kannada album that is unavailable online.  The rest could be found in that playlist.  For offbeat movies like Accident (BG Score only) and some rare Background Score snippets, the links have been provided here in this topic.

One could only be amazed at the variety he gave to Sandalwood too, without any bias, hesitation or hoarding. 

I did sort it in chronological order because it was the only way, IMHO, an IR playlist could be compiled with some sanity left.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  raagakann Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:02 am

One more film scored by IR is "Prathyartha" (1999).  This was the last film of Sunil Kumar Desai - IR combination.  There were no songs in the film.  The film was a Suspense thriller with IR's extra ordinary BGM enhancing the thrill.

#40 Prathyartha

raagakann

BC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:48 am

raagakann wrote:One more film scored by IR is "Prathyartha" (1999).  This was the last film of Sunil Kumar Desai - IR combination.  There were no songs in the film.  The film was a Suspense thriller with IR's extra ordinary BGM enhancing the thrill.

#40 Prathyartha

Thank you.  There is pretty much nothing online, about the movie.  Missed it because it is not even mentioned in the IR discography pages.  It would be nice to hear the movie's track.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4