Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raja's New Albums

+49
Kr
BC
app_engine
crimson king
raagakann
ank
ravinat
counterpoint
kamalaakarsh
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
Manoj Raj
AbhiMusiq
raghuCA
Sakalakala Vallavar
Usha
panniapurathar
irfan123
sheepChase
suresh2
rajaclan
Shank
vicks
baroque
MH
Balu
Drunkenmunk
irir123
crvenky
Punnaimaran
writeface
mythila
Sanjeevi
rajkumarc
isaifan
fring151
jaiganesh
layman10
kiru
MumbaiRamki
sagi
skr
SenthilVinu
Bala (Karthik)
kameshratnam
Wizzy
kv
plum
V_S
Raaga_Suresh
53 posters

Page 38 of 43 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next

Go down

Raja's New Albums - Page 38 Empty Re: Raja's New Albums

Post  app_engine Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:31 am

thuppaRivALan-2 has IR it seems :

https://cinema.maalaimalar.com/cinema/cinemanews/2019/09/10223642/1260693/Ilayaraja-sign-vishal-movie.vpf

இந்நிலையில், ‘துப்பறிவாளன் 2’ படத்திற்கு இசையமைப்பாளராக இளையராஜா ஒப்பந்தம் ஆகியிருக்கிறார். இதை படக்குழுவினர் அதிகாரப்பூர்வமாக அறிவித்திருக்கிறார்கள்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  vigneshram Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:21 am

First Single from Mysskin's Pyscho is releasing today at 5 PM IST...  

You can listen to the sample at  https://twitter.com/SonyMusicSouth/status/1195952300352655360?s=20

vigneshram

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:18 pm

The wait is finally over!  Superb song by IR (a whiff of fresh air amidst all the cacophony these days).  Good lyrics.  Some great guitar riffs.  And what's more?  That does NOT sound like the "usual" Sid's voice!!!  For the kind of genius that IR is, (ONLY) he knew how to break that monotony in Sid's voice.  First song with IR must have been an awakening & enlightening experience for Sid.

I'm actually waiting more for the Background Score.  I guess I'll have to wait longer for that. 

Here's Psycho's first single:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNCfKOquFvM

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:19 pm

BC,

Thanks for the link.. paatu kaetadhum en feelings...

Interlude.. Solradhu IR endru...
paatin interlude..... IR utkaarndhu kondu irukirar.......

paatin tune.. IR madhirii illaiyae... Sid Sriram padiya style kaaranama.. yosikiren.

IR mudivu seidhutar.. Feelings ellam ipodhu empty endru......... sogam, varutham kuda azhamaga irupadhu illai endru......

IR tocuh.. paatin variyil.. bhavathil.. engayum kanome........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:36 pm

Usha wrote:BC,

paatin interlude..... IR  utkaarndhu kondu  irukirar.......

paatin tune.. IR madhirii illaiyae... Sid Sriram padiya style kaaranama.. yosikiren.

IR mudivu seidhutar.. Feelings ellam ipodhu empty endru......... sogam, varutham kuda azhamaga irupadhu illai endru......

Usha ma'm, IMHO, the feelings are intact in this song. It conveys the listener, the pain of the lover, even with the "usual" Sid's voice that we all are used to!

Yes, the interludes and the prelude are so IR-ish and hence, fantastic.  IR has taken care of the song from start to finish. 

But WHY do you think "IR madhiri illaye"?  

I have lost count of the number of times I've heard this now!  It is very addictive, which is what I want as a listener.  

I must be able to relish the song at once, and then continue to do so umpteen times thereafter.  So, IR has succeeded there.  That's all I care about.

P.S.: Oh and I'm so happy that the song had already garnered more than half million views in less than a day of its release.  I think the last time Sony had anything to with IR, was in 2013 - NEPV.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:48 am

My tweet on psycho song:

நன்றாகத்தான் இருக்கிறது.

என்றாலும், "தற்போதைக்கு அறுசுவை உணவெல்லாம் கிடையாது, சும்மா peanut butter jelly sandwich சாப்பிட்டுக்கோ" என்று சொல்லி அம்மா பிள்ளைக்குக்கொடுத்தால் எப்படி இருக்குமோ அப்படி...

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Raja's New Albums - Page 38 Empty Psycho single by Sid Sriram

Post  mythila Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:10 pm

I am not disappointed with the song. It may be due to my toning down of expectation from IR over the last 2 to 3 years. Song is based on Raja's fav Keeravani scale which he has made us all too familiar with. The orchestration also suits the mood of the song.. But Sid Sriram's emotive vocals adds a new flavour to this song which makes it quite interesting. As BC observed, Sriram is known to go a bit overboard on emotions in other MD songs . But IR has reined it  well so that it does not turn into a "Olam" (loud wail)

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:24 pm

BC wrote:
Usha wrote:BC,

paatin interlude..... IR  utkaarndhu kondu  irukirar.......

Usha ma'm, IMHO, the feelings are intact in this song. It conveys the listener, the pain of the lover, even with the "usual" Sid's voice that we all are used to!

Yes, the interludes and the prelude are so IR-ish and hence, fantastic.  IR has taken care of the song from start to finish. 

But WHY do you think "IR madhiri illaye"?  

I have lost count of the number of times I've heard this now!  It is very addictive, which is what I want as a listener.  

I must be able to relish the song at once, and then continue to do so umpteen times thereafter.  So, IR has succeeded there.  That's all I care about.

P.S.: Oh and I'm so happy that the song had already garnered more than half million views in less than a day of its release.  I think the last time Sony had anything to with IR, was in 2013 - NEPV.

Up to 1 million and 46k views now.  Another masterful sleight of hand.  As mythila says, this is essentially IR-Keeravani.  Mainly reminiscent of Nee Thoongum Therathil with shades of Chinna Thayavval in the charanam.  But apart from Sid Sriram's vocals and the luxuriant production, IR has changed something bigger to adapt the music to contemporary youthu flavour.  The phrasing in the pallavi itself (and also in the beginning of the charanam, after which IR can't bear to hold back the flow of the beautiful melody anymore) is very clipped and discrete, the way it is in current Tamil music.  This is overall a nice balancing act. There is enough to remind older fans of his vintage work (like the harmonized string section in the second interlude and the baroque guitar like Ennulle Ennulle in the prelude) while also reaching out to non-fans and playing to a broad audience.  After quite a long time, I might add.  And never so satisfyingly after Sayndhu Sayndhu which was an opportunity wasted by using Yuvan vocals.  But this is even more contemporary than Sayndhu Sayndhu.  I frankly can't believe he has pulled this off at this stage of his career.  Yappa, no words!! applause

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Kr Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:22 pm

Wow!  Brilliant song - it has everything - the haunting guitar backing, great tune, violins in the 2nd interlude, soaked with emotion, nice singing - Cant wait for the rest of the songs!

Kr

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:54 am

crimson king wrote:

this is essentially IR-Keeravani.  And never so satisfyingly after Sayndhu Sayndhu which was an opportunity wasted by using Yuvan vocals.  
 Totally agree about that wasted opportunity with Yuvan's vocals bit. And he wasted 3 interesting compositions like that:

Sayndhu Sayndhu - Superb composition, completely bland-ized by his vocals
Pengal Endraal - unique composition by Raaja in that period, he didnt do something like this in the last decade or so. But then, the vocals are so off-putting. This is the song that probably needed Suraj Jagan or someone else who could carry it well. Bizarre! 
Chellam (Megha) - This I can't forgive because Yuvan sings totally offkey. Full apaswaram. I wonder how did this even get out of studio. And this is a super groovy composition, which would have reached a totally different height/status, with another singer like may be Karthik or Vijay Prakash or anyone else.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:50 pm

kamalaakarsh wrote:
crimson king wrote:

this is essentially IR-Keeravani.  And never so satisfyingly after Sayndhu Sayndhu which was an opportunity wasted by using Yuvan vocals.  
 Totally agree about that wasted opportunity with Yuvan's vocals bit. And he wasted 3 interesting compositions like that:

Sayndhu Sayndhu - Superb composition, completely bland-ized by his vocals
Pengal Endraal - unique composition by Raaja in that period, he didnt do something like this in the last decade or so. But then, the vocals are so off-putting. This is the song that probably needed Suraj Jagan or someone else who could carry it well. Bizarre! 
Chellam (Megha) - This I can't forgive because Yuvan sings totally offkey. Full apaswaram. I wonder how did this even get out of studio. And this is a super groovy composition, which would have reached a totally different height/status, with another singer like may be Karthik or Vijay Prakash or anyone else.

Agreed and especially about Pengal Endral.  Those were very unique arrangements by Raja.  A full blown angry, art rock song done in a very contemporary style.  Maestro showing he hadn't missed a thing as far as music developments go.  But yeah, terrible, terrible singing.  During the audio launch, the guitarist struggled to play that screaming lick in tune because U1 was even more off there.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:33 am

Not to be missed - our plum sir has translated the onna nenachu song and his daughter has sung it so beautifully!

https://www.smule.com/recording/sid-unna-nenachu/1157746793_3284022379?utm_source=More&utm_campaign=user-generated&utm_medium=rec&_branch_match_id=715805903822839266

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:42 pm

கடைசி விவசாயி ட்ரைலர்:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hemcg1Q8SvQ

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:00 am

Also, the 'decade old' production happi is advertised to be premiered :

https://twitter.com/CinemaRareIN/status/1205531407100993536

:-)

(There is one IR-Gulazar-Kamal combo song it seems)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:09 pm

app_engine wrote:Also, the 'decade old' production happi is advertised to be premiered :

https://twitter.com/CinemaRareIN/status/1205531407100993536

:-)

(There is one IR-Gulazar-Kamal combo song it seems)
Any techie audiophiles here, who can record all the songs and share here? Please contribute to this humanitarian cause using your skills Smile
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  vss1902 Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:49 pm

First 5 minutes is a pure bliss!!

vss1902

Back to top Go down

Raja's New Albums - Page 38 Empty Thamizharasan

Post  Shank Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:37 am

Thamizharasan...What a knockout album by Raja, all 5 songs superb. What I was struck immediately by are the longer interludes. Of late his interludes were turning perfunctory but in this, he seems to have enjoyed scoring them. Lot of variety in the album including 2 outstanding melodies! Happy New Year, Raja fans!

Shank

Back to top Go down

Raja's New Albums - Page 38 Empty Happi movie download link

Post  crvenky Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:34 pm

Download Happi from the below link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CwAg7mVvZT33KrNMg9r5DBTzmhMXjHPK/view

Happi New Year to all!!

crvenky

Back to top Go down

Post  crvenky Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:25 pm

Link to hear Happi BGMs:
https://youtu.be/7gZkN1wcLNg

crvenky

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:57 am

crvenky wrote:Link to hear Happi BGMs:
https://youtu.be/7gZkN1wcLNg
Thank you.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:59 am

Shank wrote:Thamizharasan...What a knockout album by Raja, all 5 songs superb. What I was struck immediately by are the longer interludes. Of late his interludes were turning perfunctory but in this, he seems to have enjoyed scoring them. Lot of variety in the album including 2 outstanding melodies! Happy New Year, Raja fans!
I liked the 2 melodies. Especially the song by Raaja and Neeti Mohan. It felt like a throwback to a song in Kaalapani. This one is beautifully arranged and has wonderful melody. 

My only gripe - Is it only me who feels that the mixing of this song is little messed up? I can barely hear Raaja's vocals, for they are drowned beneath other layers. I tried listening in multiple platforms - it is the same. Does anyone else feel the same?
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Raja's New Albums - Page 38 Empty Psycho: 2nd song by Sid SriRam released today

Post  Kr Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:18 am

Deivamae!!!!  What a composition!  Really haunting tune and brilliant orchestration! 

Psycho and Tamilarasan songs are so addictive!  Thank you Raja Sir!

Kr

Back to top Go down

Raja's New Albums - Page 38 Empty Happi songs

Post  irir123 Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:48 pm

Can anyone give a link to the songs of 'Happi' - one sounds like it was sung by Kamal Hassan
irir123
irir123

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:25 am

This album is terrific!

தமிழரசன் மிகச்சிறப்பான இசைத்தொகுப்பு!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8BJU0sMsOY

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Kr Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:17 pm

Second app engine's opinion on Tamizharasan album....broad variety of tunes, great orchestration and very nice vocals...

Kr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 43 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next