Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gangai Amaran - excellent lyricist for IR - 100 special picks of this combo

+20
irir123
Manoj Raj
irfan123
ravinat
Raaga_Suresh
Drunkenmunk
plum
al_gates
endrum_raja
Usha
kiru
olichudar
jaiganesh
sagi
groucho070
rajkumarc
SenthilVinu
mythila
V_S
app_engine
24 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Gangai Amaran - excellent lyricist for IR - 100 special picks of this combo - Page 13 Empty Re: Gangai Amaran - excellent lyricist for IR - 100 special picks of this combo

Post  app_engine Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:15 pm

GA exclusive interview to vikatan:
https://www.vikatan.com/news/spirituality/122685-an-exclusive-interview-with-gangai-amaran.html

Talks about prabanja shakthi / Anmeegam etc. Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Gangai Amaran - excellent lyricist for IR - 100 special picks of this combo - Page 13 Empty Re: Gangai Amaran - excellent lyricist for IR - 100 special picks of this combo

Post  app_engine Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:37 am

There had been a few tweets by IRFs on the most recent youtube interview of GA to Chithra Lakshmanan (producer of the BR movie maN vAsanai and a PRO those days in the industry)...

I didn't have time to watch the youtubes (also alatchiyam - as usual uLaRal, why invest time for this fellow).

Then V_Sji sent IM and asked me what I think about these not-so-nice videos. Well, I decided to watch it anyways...

Here are the links, just in case anyone wants to watch them (not much interesting, many old recycles and some OttavAy uLaRals, as usual)...

3 youtubes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ixwP198MI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xUvFnVMgbA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IddQoITSxhY

Well, paththOda 11

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:55 am

app_engine wrote:There had been a few tweets by IRFs on the most recent youtube interview of GA to Chithra Lakshmanan (producer of the BR movie maN vAsanai and a PRO those days in the industry)...

I didn't have time to watch the youtubes (also alatchiyam - as usual uLaRal, why invest time for this fellow).

LOL.  Amara Kooviyam!  

I've never read that entire thread and also misread it as Amara kaaviyam!  Never bothered to read it because somehow I don't have any good impression about GA even at times he used to be all over IR.  

I just found something different today, maybe with a fresh set of eyes after a long gap in this forum.  I found the koo-kaa difference!  Hilarious!  He is the perfect example of how to fall from grace, the little that he had.  GA kept on flattering IR with his "sweet" (with hidden venom) words and then one fine day, back-stabbed him.  And he being touted as the humble brother who fell to conspiracy, is annoying and disgusting.  While the truth is IR is staying away from such venom-filled people in his life.  Good for IR - the man of steel.  

And what happened to that Chitra Lakshmanan guy?  I thought he was a fan (or at least had some amount of respect for IR for doling out songs like those from Soora Samharam).  He chooses the week of IR birthday to interview this venomous brother and releases it in 2 parts.  Height of cheekiness and mean attitude.  They need NOT praise IR for his achievements but at least could refrain from such yellow-journalism.

So, now, I realize why they say "Tamizhanukku innoru Tamizhan thaan edhiri".

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:15 pm

BC wrote:
I've never read that entire thread and also misread it as Amara kaaviyam!  Never bothered to read it because somehow I don't have any good impression about GA

Prior to spotting those vinyl pictures in the now-defunct musicalaya website, me too never took him seriously as anything. (Notwithstanding my knowledge then that he wrote siRuponmaNi and poongathavE / directed karagAttakkAran etc - I thought those were very few and possibly he was helped by others surrounding the brothers).

However, after seeing those vinyls crediting him for so many iconic songs (putham pudhukkAlai / en iniya pon nilAvE / uRavugaL thodarkadhai / ooru sanam / dEvanin kOyil moodiya nEram / then pANdiththamizhE etc.) I looked at him quite seriously as a lyricist and decided to post 100 great songs that had lines (at least partly, even if IR had his hand in the pallavi lines)...

So, I did complete that exercise sincerely in this thread, even when he didn't have much internet presence! Now, he is there everywhere (even joined a political party, wrote their story in nakkeeran magazine - which had most of these episodes told in this interview).

Just trying to be balanced - giving him some credit for where he did good - but always getting irritated that he does not treat his brother with due respect & gratitude.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:37 pm

Agreed.  I love his lyrics, his movie Karagaatakkaaran and all that.  But my life lesson itself is to stay away from people who flatter you too much, because they are the ones waiting to dig a hole for you. 

What he did as IR's own brother is unpardonable.  Instead of talking about himself and what he did, he STILL needs a walking-cane called IR, this time to slam him and gain some attention with that.  He did not stop with one instance or even two or three. He keeps on doing it like he is on a mission.  That is CHEAP and crass.  Sadly.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:21 am

Had some time (forced rest due to a viral infection)...spent some time browsing around.

Looked at this Chithra Lakshmanan YT channel (that published the recent GA nonsense vomits) :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Va8SDMp-yviytKMh9YaNQ/videos

As one can see, after starting his about a year back, this guy was struggling to get views. (Most of his initial videos could not go beyond 2 / 3 digit # of views)...

So, he has now got into this "history kisu-kisu" business to boost his subscription.
(Looks like he has met with some success).

எப்படியெல்லாம் விதவிதமாகப் பிழைப்பு நடத்துகிறார்கள் என்று பார்க்க வியப்பாக இருக்கிறது!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:57 pm

Nalla bhadhil. from tekvijay to  GA....

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqtm79

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:31 am

Usha wrote:Nalla bhadhil. from tekvijay to  GA....

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqtm79

I asked him on twitter if he had the 200 film list claimed to be MD-ed by GA. He does not have and asked me to check year-by-year on wikipedia.

இதெல்லாம் அப்படி ஈசியா வுட்டுட்டுப் போக முடியுமா?

எப்படியும் வைரல் காய்ச்சல் என்று வீட்டில் வெட்டி - இதோ பட்டியல் கிட்டி :

karai kadandha oruthi
Mandhurai Babuji
Sudhakar

oru vidukathai oru thodarkadhai
M A Kaja
Vijayan

suvar illAdha sithirangaL
K Bagyaraj
K Bagyaraj

enga ooru rAsAthi
N S Rajendran
Sudhakar

karadi
T K Mohan
MGC Sukumar

malargaLE malarungaL
Babu
Sudhakar

rAmAyi vayasukku vandhuttA
V Azhagappan
Menaka

paruvathin vAsalilE
Kiruba Sankar
Radhika

tharaiyil pooththa malar
Jai Durai
Ambika

madhumalar
Bharathi-Vasu
Prathap 

mouna geethangaL
K Bagyaraj
K Bagyaraj

oruthi mattum karaiyinilE
Ramu
Sudhakar

sankarlAl
T N Balu
Kamal

sumai
Rama Narayanan
Vijayan

veLichathukku vAnga
Vijayasarathi
Rajesh

kanavugaL kaRpanaigaL
Kannappan
Sarath Babu

paNNai puraththu pANdavargaL
B Lenin
Sarath Babu

vAzhvEy mAyam
R Krishnamoorthy
Kamal

en priyamE
Sivakumar
Ravindran

imaigaL
R Krishnamoorthy
Sivaji

neethibathi
R Krishnamoorthy
Sivaji

sattam
K Vijayan
Kamal

irumbukkaigaL
G S Mani
Prabhu

kudumbam
S A Chandrasekar
Vijayakanth

nichayam
S Venkat
Prabhu

nyAyam kEtkiREn
Muthusamy
Anand Babu

oomai janangaL
Jayabharathi
S V Sekar

priyamudan prabhu
Gangaikondan
Prabhu

puthiya sangamam
Charuhasan
Prabhu

rusi
Manamohan
Mohan

sattathai thiruthungaL
Rama Narayanan
Mohan

AgAyathAmaraigaL
V Azhagappan
Suresh

aNNi
Karthik Ragunath
Mohan

arthamuLLa AsaigaL
Babu Maharaja
Karthik

iLanganRu
Ameer John
Murali

hellO yAr pEsuradhu
Ramarajan
Suresh

iraNdu manam
K Natraj
Suresh

karpoora deepam
A Jagannathan
Sivakumar

maNNukkEththa poNNu
Ramarajan
Pandiyan

marudhANi
Ramarajan
Pandiyan

nAm iruvar
R Krishnamoorthy
Sivaji

nAn ungaL rasigan
Manobala
Mohan

pattu sElai
Raja Annadurai
Pandiyan

porutham
Moulee
Moulee

prEma pAsam
K Vijayan
Sivakumar

puthu yugam
S A Chandrasekar
Sivakumar

puthiya sagAptham
Visu
Vijayakanth

rahasiyam
Rama Narayanan
Chandrasekar

sAvi
Karthik Ragunath
Sathyaraj

avaLai solli kutRamillai
Soman
Sarath Babu

en sabatham
S A Chandrasekar
Arjun

kaNNa thoRakkanum sAmy
Govindaraj
Sivakumar

maRakka mAttEn
Ramarajan
nizhalgaL Ravi

nALellAm pourNami
Uthaman
Prabhu

namma ooru nalla ooru
V Azhagappan
Ramarajan

thalayAtti bommaigaL
K Natraj
Goundamani

thodrarum uRavu
?
Karthik

avaL mella sirithAL
Jai Sundar
Murali

chella kutty
K Natraj
Suresh

chinna thambi periya thambi
Manivannan
Sathyaraj

Ettikku pOtti
Govindaraj
Pandiyarajan

idhu oru thodar kadhai
Anu Mohan
Mohan

ini oru sudhanthiram
Manivannan
Sivakumar

onRu engaL jAthiyE
Ramarajan
Ramarajan

oor kuruvi
O S Sivakumar
Arun Pandiyan

en thagachi padichava
P Vasu
Prabhu

Jeeva
Pratap Pothen
Sathyaraj

kOil maNi Osai
Gangai Amaran
Raghuvaran

oorai therinjukittEn
Kalaipuli Sekaran
Pandiyarajan

ratha dhAnam
Sivachandran
Prabhu

reNdum reNdum anju
Jayabharathi
Sarath Babu

uLLaththil naLLa uLLam
Manivannan
Vijayakanth

thambi thanga kambi
K Shankar
Vijayakanth

dilli babu
Gopu
Pandiyarajan

ellAmE en thangachi
Bala Ganesh
Pandiyarajan

enga aNNan varattum 
R Krishnamoorthy
Arjun

munthAnai sabatham
Senthinathan
Yogaraj

piLLaikkAga
P Vasu
Prabhu

puthu mAppiLLai
P S Subramaniyan
Pandiyarajan

samsAramE saraNam
Jeevabalan
Yogaraj

vetRi mEl vetRi
Thiyagarajan
Prabhu

pachai kodi
Manoj Kumar
Pandiyarajan

parigaram
Bama Manalan
Krishna

neegaLum hero dhAn
V Sekar
nizhalgaL Ravi

adhikAri
P Vasu
Arun Pandiyan

poNdAtti poNdAtti dhAn
Manian Sivabalan
S V Sekar

rudhrA
Sasimohan
K Bagyaraj

Adityan
V L Baskar Raj
Sarath Kumar

atha maga rathiname
Gangai Amaran
Selva

Raghavan
Parandhaman
Vijith

Last edited by app_engine on Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:40 am

Now watch this comedy :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnTDWAMRBo8

Just for fun, here's the link to his opinion a couple of years back - how harsh he was shouting should be seen to be believed :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVT5n5DvbaQ

Conclusion of the matter is, DON'T TAKE THIS MAN SERIOUSLY.

அம்புட்டுத்தான்!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:13 am

One more version of "Why Kamal didn't do the movie supposed to be directed by GA" - this account is by Kalaignanam :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jHQnXK1Bdc

As per this account, Kamal could not wait for GA to complete all his "foreign tour assignments" post karagAttakkAran success and thus went with a different project.

Also, per this account, IR had no hand one way or another (in recommending or otherwise GA to Kamal).

ஆக மொத்தம், கங்கை அமரன் சொல்வதையெல்லாம் நம்பவே கூடாது என்பதற்கு அவருடைய கூட்டாளி கலைஞானமே சாட்சி Smile

BTW, GA was blabbering that he went to UK because he was upset of loss of KH project, here this fellow says reverse Laughing

One thing is clear - இதையெல்லாம் குறித்து ராசா ஒன்றுமே சொல்ல மாட்டார்.

ஆனால், அவர் மனசு வைத்து வாய் திறந்தால் அதைக் கண்டிப்பாக நம்பலாம்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:26 am

So, now, whose story is "Devar magan"?  I remember GA whining about it a few years ago and now this man.  

This GA is annoying and hilarious at the same time.  He keeps switching back and forth on his words, changing colours like the proverbial chameleon.  I'm not buying his sudden transformation as Mr. Uthaman.  

This thread is a primer on him (his achievements and his weirdo character).  Somebody ask him to read it!

Though I don't bother much about whose story is it anyway, that movie, to me, is a landmark in Cinema history, well executed in every aspect.  

My ONLY qualm is that IR missed his National Award by 1 point losing to (you know what) that Rose movie.  Rose movie's MD won it thanks to the sympathy of none other than Balu Mahendra.  That makes it even more indigestible.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:52 pm

app_engine wrote:Now watch this comedy :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnTDWAMRBo8

Just for fun, here's the link to his opinion a couple of years back - how harsh he was shouting should be seen to be believed :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVT5n5DvbaQ

Conclusion of the matter is, DON'T TAKE THIS MAN SERIOUSLY.
அம்புட்டுத்தான்!

enna achu GAku.. ella unmaiygalaiyum , unmaiyaga solrar.. epadiyo vaayil unmai vandhu irukiradhu.Ipodhu
dhan ivaruku indha vishayam purindhu irukiradhu endru ninaikiren.(SPB endra friendkaga pesi.. andha SPByae
IRudan sari seidhu konda pin.. GA ku veru vazhi illai .. adhanal ipadi oru bhavyamana Villakam.Court Case
endra vishayathal alla indha bhadhil.)

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:30 pm

Amara kOOviyam!  Here we go again.  

He is planning for Karagaatakkaaran sequel with IR (on board?!), it seems!  So, what I thought was right, in deed.  

All that "sudden" transformation mentioned in my previous comment is due to this.  

IS HE NUTS to make a sequel for that and that too in 2019?

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:28 pm

BC wrote:
IS HE NUTS to make a sequel for that and that too in 2019?

Don't worry - it won't take off Laughing

I'm 200% sure about that!
(and I sincerely hope I won't be proved wrong Embarassed )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:18 pm

Two albums that (unfortunately) have the IR-GA music tag have got clarified yesterday - please go thru this thread:
https://twitter.com/_0sagi/status/1143353707976888320
(Don't worry about not being able to see the tweets of anadhai whom one has to follow to see - I don't and can't see what he says but mostly it does not matter).

Sankarlal - TN Balu / Kamal / Sridevi movie.

One song by IR (iLankiLiyE innum viLangaliyE) - this had been already cleared up as the movie went into a limbo after TN Balu died. Later when KH directed the rest and finished the movie, IR was no longer available (or affordable) and they hired Amar to do the job. One song by IR got retained and his name also used in promotions.

The other was "Hello yAr pEsuRadhu" whose disk cover has both names as MDs.

However, once I had a chance to listen to the songs, I had no doubt that they didn't have anything to do with IR.

I said so in the thread and even posted my guess. Interestingly, the director of that movie was Ramarajan (yes our pasu nEsan only). His assistant confirmed my guess Smile

Gangai Amaran - excellent lyricist for IR - 100 special picks of this combo - Page 13 Captur21

So, there had been never any 'IR-GA' music. Yes, there was 'MSV-IR' music and that was the only "collaboration" that IR had in MD-ing. (Besides doing udhavi to R Govardhanam for varaprasAdam / got credited in the titles. And IR did just one song and possibly BGM for his portion of the movie 'kaNNil theriyum kadhaigaL' that had 5 MD's - no collaboration there but apportioning, the MDs probably played a "benefit match" for the producer, singer A L Raghavan)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  raagakann Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:22 pm

I had seen the film Hello Yaar Pesuradhu... It was a suspense thriller from Ramarajan.. The BGM was certainly of top-notch and I assume IR did it..

raagakann

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:31 pm

raagakann wrote:The BGM was certainly of top-notch and I assume IR did it..

Since a person from that unit confirmed IR didn't have bandwidth for the project, it must be a case of GA doing an unusually good job (or got the help of someone like Arunmozhi Napoleon, who reportedly did re-recording for few movies credited to IR).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:40 pm

from paramporul tweet

gangai amaran and Raja......

azhagana pattu ellam naan padi iruken endru GA solla... IR oru look....

https://twitter.com/paramporul/status/1399324900439969792

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:40 am

Just posting these 2 videos here for documenting the REAL Gangai Amaran vs. the one now!  What he shared in this show is totally contradicting to what he has been peddling about IR nowadays.

He shares a lot of information: 

• IR's FIRST recorded song never saw the light
  • 2 alternate tunes for Sendhoora Poove song (one was the tune which later became "Solai Kuyile" song - first song of S. P. Shailaja and another tune became "Sendhoora Kolam" song in Durgadevi movie)
  • IR ENCOURAGED him to become a singer
  • IR and Panchu Arunachalam helped him become a director
  • ALTERNATE tune for Madhura marikkozhundhu vaasam was the one for Meenammaa song

GA in "Manathodu Mano" show on Jaya TV (circa 2009) - Part-1 and Part-2:

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:17 pm

Today's tweet by GA:
https://twitter.com/gangaiamaren/status/1493963103801085952

It has this nice picture (GA visiting IR's new studio)

Gangai Amaran - excellent lyricist for IR - 100 special picks of this combo - Page 13 Flufhk10

app_engine

IsaiRasigan and BC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13