Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maestro's magic in Neethaane En Ponvasantham

+19
raajarasigan
kid_glove
sheepChase
sid_316
jaiganesh
Cinemarasigan
Karthikeyan
Wizzy
Sanjeevi
CF
Bala (Karthik)
HonestRaj
plum
V_S
Sakalakala Vallavar
app_engine
groucho070
sagi
23 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Maestro's magic in Neethaane En Ponvasantham - Page 10 Empty Re: Maestro's magic in Neethaane En Ponvasantham

Post  sagi Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Padathula munnayE sonna maadhiri except Santhanam and Raaja, extremely cheap.

-Jeeva, certainly not in top 5 w.r.to remuneration

-Sam will be cheaper than Trish, 9 et all

-Gautham, no salary

-Santhanam - probably the most paid in the entire film (His current salary is 10L per day.)

Padam producerskku flop kidaiyaadhu for sure. Distributors remmbbba baathikkappattiruppaanga.

Anyway should d/l and watch it again this weekend.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Maestro's magic in Neethaane En Ponvasantham - Page 10 Empty Re: Maestro's magic in Neethaane En Ponvasantham

Post  app_engine Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:15 am

It was a personal record for me to have a WHOLE THEATER, ALL MYSELF, for the start of a movie!

That is, until the end of the opening song (after which another couple entered the hall and so I was not alone) Laughing Good that they came, otherwise there would have been none to remind me that I was leaving my jacket in the hall Smile

Not boring at all...sumArA interestingAvE irundhuchchu Smile

Overall, mixed feelings...It's one thing I'm very glad that we got such a wonderful music album thanks to the combo. OTOH, since I strictly stripped my IR-bias prior to the start of the movie, I would say songs (that too such fantastic numbers) were not needed for this movie. I would have definitely appreciated 100% instrumentals in every place the songs were played Embarassed Actually, I got irritated when they had IR singing a version of 'peNgaL enRAl' Mad While not that much irritated with the placement of Yuvan's sAindhu sAindhu beginning (which all of us know anyways, thanks to the concert and other youtubes), it was without any thrill...had it been some instrumental there, it would have been goosebumps for me Embarassed

Actually, I wouldn't have got disappointed -not even 1%- had Gautam played only the karoke versions of the songs in each case. Well, I would have been a lot more satisfied. Seriously!

Other than the songs-not-required part, it was an interesting movie!

Jeeva-Samantha were both awesome (with the exception of the pre-interval motta mAdi scene, both got fail marks for that crucial scene...the camera didn't help either).

2nd movie where I enjoyed Santhanam (after deivath thirumagaL). Actually, his best work thus far IMO! d/o hubber Mohan Ram, the guNdu girl, is good too.

Satisfactory work, Gautam!

And, sArE, for your next movie, remember, only karoke on screen please!
(IR or otherwise)

Last edited by app_engine on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:24 am

It was interesting to see Nani in one (train) scene Smile
(Possibly they show Jeeva in YVP for that scene)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:45 am

Sify review for YVM

Speaks my mind for the motta mAdi scene (SPOILER) which got sodhappified in Telugu too it appears:

The break-up scene of the couple is a huge put-off.

Being the most important scene of the film, the director should have given it double attention. How we the wish the cameraman knew the importance of this scene. Looks like the team was in a hurry to see the couple break.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:20 am

Vikatan review - trashes the film, but namakku thEvai, comments on Raaja. Super.

விமர்சனம் : நீதானே என் பொன்வசந்தம்

விகடன் விமர்சனக் குழு

'விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா’ காதலில் பள்ளிப் பருவத்தையும் முன்னாள் காதலனின் திருமணத்துக்கு முந்தைய இரவையும் சேர்த்தால்... 'நீதானே என் பொன்வசந்தம்’.

குழந்தைப் பருவத்தில் ஜீவா, சமந்தா இடையே கன்றுக்குட்டிக் காதல். ஈகோ மோதல். பிரிகிறார்கள். கல்லூரிப் பருவத்தில் மீண்டும் சந்திக்கும்போது, விட்ட இடத்தில் இருந்து காதல். இப்போதும் ஈகோ மோதல். பிரிகிறார்கள். திருமணத்துக்கு முந்தைய பருவத்தில் சந்திக்கிறார்கள். காதலே இல்லாமல் ஈகோ மோதல் மட்டுமே. பிரிகிறார்கள். முந்தைய இரண்டு தருணங்களிலும் ஜீவாவே சமந்தாவைச் சமாதானப்படுத்தியிருக்க, இப்போது சமந்தா சமாதானத்துக்கு வருகிறார். ஆனால், அப்போது ஜீவாவுக்குத் திருமணம் நிச்சயமாகி ரிசப்ஷனும் முடிந்திருக்கிறது. என்ன நடந்தது என்பது க்ளைமாக்ஸ்.

இன்ஜினீயரிங் கல்லூரி மாணவன், வசதியான வீட்டுப் பெண், காலேஜ் கல்ச்சுரல்ஸ், காபி ஷாப், ஈகோ, பிரிவு, காதலியைத் தேடிச் செல்லும் காதலன், கூடவே கௌதமின் கரகர குரல்... 'கௌதம் பட க்ளிஷே’க்கள் ஒன்றுகூட மிஸ் ஆகவில்லை. ஆனால், பழையன நிறையப் புகுந்ததில், புதியன எதுவும் இல்லாமல் போய்விட்டதே!

பிரிந்த காதலர்கள் காதலனின் திருமணத்துக்கு முந்தைய இரவில் சந்திக்கும் அத்தியாயத்தில் மட்டும் செம சிக்சர் அடிக்கிற கௌதம், மற்ற ஏரியாக்களில் சிங்கிள் ரன்தான் எடுக்கிறார்.

தன் காதலைத் தானே முறித்துக்கொண்டு பிறகு சமாதானம் தேடி அலையும் கொஞ்சம் நெகட்டிவ் பாத்திரத்தில்... ஜீவா! பள்ளி, கல்லூரிக் கட்டங்களில் க்யூட்டாகக் கவர்கிறார். இறுக்கம் இல்லாத திரைக்கதையிலும் நம்மை ஈர்த்துப் பிடிப்பது சமந்தாவின் குழந்தை முகமும் குறும்புக் கண் களும்தான். சாய்ந்து சாய்ந்து பார்த்து கன்னக் கதுப்புகளில் வெட்கம் புதைத்துப் புன்னகைக்கும்போது... ஸோ ஸ்வீட் சமந்தா!

'சுடிதாருக்குச் சாயம் போனாத்தானே உங்களுக்கு பேன்ட், ஷர்ட்லாம் கண்ணுக்குத் தெரியும்!’, 'சில்-அவுட் மச்சான்’ - மாறி மாறி வரும் ஊடல் கூடல் வசனங்களுக்கு மத்தியில், சந்தானத்தின் ஒன் லைன் பஞ்ச்கள்தான் சின்ன ஆறுதல்.

ஸ்டேட்டஸ் வித்தியாசம் கருதி சமந்தாவிடம் இருந்து வம்படியாக விலகுவது ஜீவாதான். ஆனால், கடைசியில் ஏதோ சமந்தாதான் ஜீவாவை ஏமாற்றியதுபோல அவரைக் குறுகுறுக்க வைப்பது என்ன நியாயம்?

'நீ ஏற்காடு போனதில்லையா... செம இடம். நான் இந்த சம்மருக்குப் போறேன். ஆமா நீ எங்கே போற?’ 'ஆஸ்திரேலியா!’, 'எல்லா குட்டிக் குட்டி பாக்ஸையும் டிக் அடிச்சிட்டு, கடைசியா என் பாக்ஸுக்கு வந்தியா?’, 'உன் கல்யாணத்துக்கு மூணு மணி நேரத்துக்கு முன்னாடி இதைச் சொன்னேன்னு ஞாபகம் வெச்சுக்கோ’ என்பதுபோன்ற சில இடங்களில் மட்டுமே கௌதம் டச்.

ஃபீலிங் படத்தை செம ஜாலியாக எடுத்திருப்பார்கள்போல. 'வி.டி.வி.’ சிம்புவை சந்தானம் கலாய்க்கிறார். 'டேட்ஸ் இல்லை. அநேகமா நான் இல்லாமதான் அடுத்தடுத்த சீன்லாம் நடக்கும்’ என்று டயலாக் பேசுகிறார். என்ன சார் நடக்குது அங்கே!

படத்தின் ஹீரோ, பலம்... இரண்டும் இளையராஜாதான். காதலர்கள் இணையும்போது வரும் காதல் கீதமாகட்டும், பிரியும்போது வரும் சோக கீதமாகட்டும்... ராஜா, ஏன் ராஜா என்பதை நிரூபிக்கிறார்.

காதலர்கள் அடிக்கடி பிரியக் காரணமே 'ஸாரி’ என்ற வார்த்தையை அவர்கள் சொல்லத் தயங்கும் ஈகோதான். ஆனால், நாங்கள் சொல்கிறோம்.. ஸாரி கௌதம்!

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:11 pm

1st indication of Menon again changing camps. expected, though!

Only Kollywood@OnlyKollywood
@menongautham next will be with Atharva Murali and it will go on floors from April,2013. @arrahman musical! Smile @atharvamuraliFC
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:14 pm

V_S wrote:+1. Yes, somehow we could not validate why he chose NEPV as #1 when only one song made to his top 10 list.

Was looking at his 'so-called-glowing' review of NEPV and this is what he had to say about Vaanam Mella.

Vaanam mella opens in the best tradition of Raja’s love for grand orchestral music and the man’s aged, but extraordinarily cozy vocals mingle smoothly with Bela Shende’s, to create sheer magic

And that song is not even among the top 30 released this year Laughing And one mokka manusha from kalakalappu is above saainthu saainthu

lol! lol! idhellaam oru blaak-nu idhukku yEgappatta popularity vERa, karumam.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Was watching a NEP special on Jaya TV. GVM sounded perturbed. "The so-called critics usually write-off all my films initially and I always had to face stiff resistance from them but I am extremely positive that film will have a cult following in 10 years or so."

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:15 pm

in 'that' thread, விஷ ஜந்துக்கள் are bashing GVM, saying ஆடிய ஆட்டமென்ன பேசிய வார்த்தையென்ன, பேச்சக்கொற etc. Our dear Daddy hubber is asking confirmation for its failure.

Wondering that why these guys acting silly silpaans and getting excited for afterall a GVP Flop! Appo avanga level thara matta level nnu avangalukku purinji pochu pOla! உலகம் அழியிற நேரத்துலதான் சிலபேருக்கு நல்ல புத்தி வரும்!

என்னமோ ஒலக மீஜிக் போட்ற ஆளுனு பீத்திக்கிறாங்க கேவலம் இவர் வெளிவந்ததுக்கா இன்னும் பொசுங்குறாங்க?? பொசுங்கல் is not for GVM coming out but kittathadda anga tank காலி but inga innum creative juices flowing non-stop
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:23 pm

Oru GVMkkE indha vayitherichchal edhukkuppaa? Avinga paakkaadha mEdaiyaa, vaangaadha awaaadaa?

GVM pechcha serious-a eduthukku koodaadhaam. He has NEVER said he wrote the film with Raaja in his mind. He has always been saying this - "I had shot 30% of the film without even thinking about the MD and then only I had a thought of approaching Raaja". munnaiyE sonna maadhiri if VTV had been scored by Raaja adhuvum flop aayirukkum. Kalikaalam.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Some videsi Malayalee reviewing NEPV

Veteran music composer maestro Ilayaraja has proven through this movie that his music is timeless. He came to filmdom prominence in 1976 and since then had been composing songs that continue to mesmerise listeners of all ages.

His melodies here (with lyrics by Na Muthukumar), including Saindu Saindu and Enodu Vaava Endru Sollamaaten, are highly entertaining and make the story even more interesting.

A few of the eight tracks are under a few minutes, with the full versions available in the soundtrack album. Unusually, two songs come one after another.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:46 pm

I've read the BRangan review after watching the movie and many of his observations make sense Smile

(Interestingly, though I never had any personal experience of the kind that Varun & Nithya go thru on screen, I can almost totally empathize with the characters...had personally seen a number of such in real life...that's the main difference I felt when reading his review) Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:53 pm

If I'm eagerly awaiting a movie more than VR, it is Kadal.

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Thayir soru + elite sombu coterie ku oru naal illa oru naal theerpu kaathutrukku

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:13 pm

As I said before, mana vakrangaL ellAm veLiyE varugindrana. The funniest thing is the moderator who praises every movie that is not a typical masala, keeping a dead silence as if a movie named NEPV didnt even release. Kumki pathi pEsaRApla, Pizza paththi pEsaRapla, but nEPV...mooch!

idhellAm mana vakkirangaL. Glad it is being exposed ruthlessly. Basically, these people are mana nOyALigaL.

And as equa timely reminded today on tuyitter, "X's fan" for all values of X is a varied group, which we tend to use for a smaller subset. In this case, maybe when we say Rahman fans, we mean the few we know from that forum, which may not be fair on some other Rahman fans when we make generalistions from that subset.

Atleast, I personally resolve to stop generalising. Because we are not like this specific bunch of morons, no? (not the Rahman fan universe, but this set of Rahman fans we know who may or may not be representative of the universe; I do know a bigger population of thayirsaadhams in real life who hold similar views)

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Thayir sandham na thayir saadham (mattum) illa. Adhu nan-brahmins ayum kurikkum

Blues, jazz, rock edhuvume kekkaadhaven idhaiyellaam andha MD pottuttaarna odane kudhikkaraan paarunga, adhu oru example.
Rules break panren expand panren nu sollittu vellakkaaran pop (contemporary and erstwhile) rules follow panni potta paattula ellayillaa inbatha yerpaduthikkaraan paarunga, avanum oru thayir soru

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Bala - dont worry I fully understand your defn of thayirsaadham. My defn is also inclusive of the types you mention.
To put it succinctly

Thayirsaadham != Ding

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Baas - idhukkaaga ovvoru postkkum qualifier pOda mudiyumaa? Rahman fans-nnaa I only mean those who fit the 'description'.

Btw, GVMkku podhu mannippu for all his past and future crimes.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Yes, yes. Idhu pOdhum.

Actually, the NEPV haters I see are of 3 types

1) Real Pachaiyappas type youth and their derivatives in the IT industry(Pachaiayppasna pachaiyappasE illai - basically figure madiyAdha iLaignargaLnu vechukonga) and other walks of life: Basically, they were discussing this in a team lunch with my team ripping NEPV apart. poRumaiyA "Who is the iLayaraj"-nu maindain paNNi kittirundhEN. One flag holder of this category of people put it succinctly

"mooNArai maNi nErathula innoruththan oru figure-ai madikkaRAn. idhai nAn pAkkaNumA?"

2. Obviously a subset of political RAhman fans with mana vigaarangaL. You all know umpteen examples of this category

3. "Slow" movie haters. Basically, mediocre commander movie type fans who need "Fast" screenplay. The team lunch had this category as well.

This post wasnt meant to end here.

Basically, if you like VTV but don't like NEPV, something is not tallying. Both are exactly the same. reNdulayum flaws irukku but seems like for some people political allegiance decide the liking.

I am upgrading NEPV to the same level as VTV in my mind on reflection. And as BR pointed out, doing away with the audience-pleasing compromises and focussing on what he wanted to convey - even it is a light-weight youth-love-ladaai-dynamics - is commendable.

Last edited by plum on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Meanwhile, mindla padaththai repeattu Otti pArththEn - nallAvE irukaRA mAdhiri dhAn irukku. Telugula oru dharam pArththa convert Aayiduvennu ninaikkaREN. I couldnt buy Jivvaa in that role.

indha padathOda songs picturisation and impact paththi pEsarachE, I cannot but compare VTV
_ Except Maniippaaya, maththa songsum picutrisation was either a) Simbu kakka valippu or b) story going forward with Simbu travelling, seeing Tirisa in foreign land, shooting going on etc

indha mAdhiri dhAn illaiyA? So what is particularly wrong about NEPV w.r.t Song sequences not fitting in?

Also, BGM-nu pArththA Mustafa MustafalAm pOttu comedy paNNinA VTV BGM-ku idhu epdiyum thEvalAm illaiyA?

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:27 pm

Oru velai risk eduthu innorukka paakkonumo? Talaash innum paakkala...

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Telugula pArungO telugula pArungo. That feller Nani seems to have some talent. Saw an absolutely rotten telugu movie called Pilla Zamindar last weekend...paiyan kept me engaged despite no other carrot in the movie.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:50 am

முடியல, எல்லை மீறி போயிட்ருக்கு, So -> http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9702-GVM-s-Neethaane-en-Pon-Vasantham-Ilaiyaraaja-Jeeva-Samantha&p=991146&viewfull=1#post991146

If its deleted -> http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ke55tq
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  kid_glove Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:05 pm

If this forum is all it claims to be, it should stop obsessing over lesser forums..

kid_glove

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:22 pm

^ :clap: aalillaadha road-la korangellaam kuttikaranam pOdattumE..

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next