Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA"

+15
[μsic]மாபியா
crimson king
BC
vss1902
al_gates
counterpoint
mythila
IsaiRasigan
jaiganesh
ravinat
Drunkenmunk
ank
Usha
app_engine
raagakann
19 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Any TN hits from "rAman adbullA"?

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 15 Vote_lcap0%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 15 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 15 Vote_lcap43%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 15 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 15 Vote_lcap0%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 15 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 15 Vote_lcap29%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 15 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 15 Vote_lcap14%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 15 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 15 Vote_lcap14%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 15 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 15 Empty Re: Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA"

Post  app_engine Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:28 pm

Adding 4 hits from that album for a Vijayakanth movie (me too got surprised by the millions of hits on YT for "Ei mAmA" song Shocked

#1196 ivan veeran sooran (2 versions, SJ with chorus was more popular, en kitta mOdhAdhE)
Reminded me of the TN bus journeys - this got played really loud those days Smile

#1197 Ei mAmA unnaththAn ninnA AgAthA? (SJ solo, en kitta mOdhAdhE)
As mentioned before, inexplicable to see millions of hit for this simple village number from a forgotten Vijayakanth movie Smile Internet / YT world is quite strange!

#1198 onnOda reNdennu (SJ-MV duet with chorus, en kitta mOdhAdhE)
A song that reminds one of some old tunes of IR - cannot quickly get to it though, but sure it was popular and hit

#1199 sariyO sariyO (SJ-MV duet, en kitta mOdhAdhE)
That phenomenal KSC hit in Malayalam in 80's for the Dennis Joseph film atharvam - puzhaiyOraththu - got a remake here as a duet and this too became a hit in TN those days!

With that album covered, now let us move to next poll - ethir kAtRu

ingu irukkum kAlam varaikkumUma Ramanan
nee uLLa poRanthuMalaysia Vasudevan / Chorus
rAjA illA rANi yendRum rANithAnArunmozhi / Umaramanan
kooNdai vittu veLiyil vanthuK.J.Yesudas
sAmiyArA pOnavanukku samsAra ninaippethaRkuilaiyaRaaja / Chorus

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 15 Empty Re: Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA"

Post  BC Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:16 am

Voted for 4 songs.  All 4 are moderate hits (based on Radio and DD) and good numbers.  My favs are Raja illaa, Ingu irukkum and Koondai vittu.  Saamiyaaraa ponavanukku is a fun number in IR voice.  The only song that is not popular in the album is "Nee ulla porandhu".

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:46 pm

Adding 2 hit songs from that not-so-spectacular album for a Karthik movie...

#1200 ingu irukkum kAlam varikkum (UR solo, ethir kAtRu)
Nice song and as per TN-ers this was a moderate hit, mainly on radios and recording center levels

#1201 kooNdai vittu veLyil vandhu (KJY solo, ethir kAtRu)
Similar to the number above - both songs are known to me personally only in the internet era Embarassed

The next album may not need a poll as I'm very familiar with all the songs in recent times and that too not me searching for them myself. However, adding the poll here just to know how popular they were in TN when they arrived (as I'm not a first-hand witness, possibly my engagement - accident time period):

gOpura vAsalilE

priyasaki priyasaki varuvEn vAsal thEdiMano / S.Janaki
thAlAttum poongkARRu nAnallavAS.Janaki
kELadi yen pAvaiyES.P.Balasubramaniam
nAtham yezhunthathadi kaNNammAK.J.Yesudas / S.Janaki / Chorus
dhEvathai pOl oru peNMalaysia Vasudevan / Mano / Dheeban Chakaravarthy / S.N.Surendar
kAdhal kavithaigaL padithidum nEramS.P.Balasubramaniam / K.S.Chithra

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:48 am

ALL the songs.  This album did not need (or rather, should not go through) a poll, IMHO.

BC

Kr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kr Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:06 am

BC wrote:ALL the songs.  This album did not need (or rather, should not go through) a poll, IMHO.
Agree

Kr

BC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  [μsic]மாபியா Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:10 pm

Back after a long break.... thank you for the revival of the thread

Can't believe

indhira sundhariE sontham yendRu koLLa vA ilaiyaRaaja / S.Janaki &  nilavE nee varavENdum ilaiyaRaaja

are missing from "en arugil nee irunthAl"

Both were super hits, definitely bigger than Paadu Patteduthu, and Indira was a regular OO feature. Kindly review
[μsic]மாபியா
[μsic]மாபியா

http://myradiostream.com/irmafia

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:03 am

[μsic]மாபியா wrote:Back after a long break.... thank you for the revival of the thread

Can't believe

indhira sundhariE sontham yendRu koLLa vA ilaiyaRaaja / S.Janaki &  nilavE nee varavENdum ilaiyaRaaja

are missing from "en arugil nee irunthAl"

Both were super hits, definitely bigger than Paadu Patteduthu, and Indira was a regular OO feature. Kindly review

nanRi sir, for the valuable input!

I'll arrange to make the necessary update!

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:03 am

Kr wrote:
BC wrote:ALL the songs.  This album did not need (or rather, should not go through) a poll, IMHO.
Agree

nanRi for the feedback! I'll add all songs of GV album to the hit history!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ACp_kAc5cI

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:25 am

As for the album "Edhir Kaatru", the song 'Raaja illaa raani" is more popular than "Koondai vittu".  Requesting to add that song to the hits-list.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:22 am

Adding the missed hits first...

#1202 rAjA illA rANi (UR - Arunmozhi, ethir kAtru)
Sweet song with typical IR elements of late-80's, added as informed by TN-ers

#1203 nilavE nee varavENdum (IR solo, en arugil nee irundhAl)
Very sweet #IR_Waltz number with his typical tablA+bass guitar + chords specialty arrangement!

#1204 indhira sundhariyE sondham enRu koLLa vA (SJ-IR duet, en arugil nee irundhAl)
Another #IR_Waltz with a different rhythm arrangement from the song above - enjoyable!

And then all the albums of the super hit album gOpura vAsalilE (the movie was directed by Priyadharsan, the famous Malayalam director).

#1205 priya saKhi O priya sakhi (SJ-Mano duet, gOpura vAsalilE)
As mentioned before, my familiarity with these songs are in the new millennium when I got these from CDs from friends - as I've totally missed this album due to things happening on the personal front in 1990. Quite an interesting number in the "IR-only" genre Smile

#1206 thAlAttum poongAtRu nAn allavA (SJ solo, gOpura vAsalilE)
I've written many appreciative posts on this song - among the greatest solos given to SJ by IR!

#1207 kELadi en pAvaiyE (SPB solo, gOpura vAsalilE)

Got covered in the IR-SPB series done on mayyam.com a few years back. Murali Srinivas sir posted that there's a surprise for me on the video (and I saw it after that) Smile

#1208 nAtham ezhundhathadi kaNNammA (SJ-KJY duet, gOpura vAsalilE)
Phenomenal IR-only-possible kind of terrific fusion number!

#1209 dEvadhai pOloru peNNonRu vandhadhu (Mano / MV / SNS / DC group song, gOpura vAsalilE)
One of our relatives in U.S. told me that this was the song that was played repeatedly as "BGM" in her parents' wedding cassette Laughing It was that much popular in TN those days!

#1210 kAdhal kavidhaigaL (KSC-SPB duet, gOpura vAsalilE)
Despite the irritating dialog in the beginning, awesome song with terrific orchestration!

Having taken care of these, now time for next poll Smile

irumbu pookkaL
Naanum kooda mannanthAn Mano / Chorus
rettai kuruvi rettai vAlu kuruvi Mano / P.Susheela / Chorus

app_engine

BC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:35 am

Have heard both songs, but certainly not "hits".  

One of the movies where IR co-composed with MSV.  These 2 songs were by IR.  The other two were composed by MSV, including the Background Score.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:03 pm

As no hits could be added from that album, moving on to the next one - "kAdhal dEvadhai".

I'm not familiar with any of the numbers Embarassed (based on just reading)

maRakkumA sezhum malarai kARRu maRakkumA S.P.Balasubramaniam / S.Janaki / Chorus
namakkuL yen anbE anbE yEkkam S.P.Balasubramaniam / S.Janaki
jai siranjeevi dhisai kAtta vA nee S.P.Sailaja / Chorus
yeduthu thA thayakkamO S.P.Balasubramaniam / K.S.Chithra
kaN kaNdathO yEthO mahORchavam S.P.Balasubramaniam / S.Janaki / Chorus
sammatham thanthittEn nambu S.P.Balasubramaniam / K.S.Chithra

Looks like "Telugu dubbing"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTBY6Xcp8EI

Adding a poll anyways.

app_engine

Usha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:05 pm

app,

Jagadeka veerudu Atiloka sundari. indha telugu padam dhan kadhal devadhai dubbing. dubbing version netil dhan  kaetu iruken.

Abbani Tiyyani song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw5BPAtPgDA

adhu dhan sammadham  thanthuten nambu...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c-aoMHGtsM

Full film songs

https://www.google.com/search?q=jagadeka+veeru+athiloka+sundari+songs&rlz=1C1CHBD_enIN862IN862&oq=jagadeka+veeru+athiloka+sundari+songs&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i13l9.9582j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Telugu version. cassette kalam....... hit dhan. local cable kalam. video varadhu. paatu matum varum. Enga ooril telugu dhan. so indha
padathu paatu ellam hit dhan.

(en kanavarin  sondhakarar, indha padam parathu vittu,padam pidithu poi, Raja music pidithu poi, (Great Raja Fan he is),
veetuku vandhu , kadhai, raja bgm ellam solli,  kandipaga padam parunga endru solli vittu ponar. (padam parka time illai. padam parka mudiyavillai.innum parkavillai.. paatu parthu iruken.Rajavin isai arumai... characters... feelings etc.. ellam....Rajavirku pidithu poi isai amaithu irupar.)

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:44 pm

Usha wrote:

Telugu version. cassette kalam....... hit dhan. local cable kalam. video varadhu. paatu matum varum. Enga ooril telugu dhan. so indha
padathu paatu ellam hit dhan.

nanRi Usha akkA! Today I listened to the songs on youtube and could recognize a couple of Telugu originals that I've heard.

Actually one of the songs got plagiarized by Anand-Milind in Hindi and became one of their biggest hits (dhak dhak).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWuqJI_kOLQ

And the Telugu original features Sridevi Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw5BPAtPgDA

Also, another song in that album is a remake of "madhura marikkozhundhu vAsam".

Regardless of the popularity of the Telugu album, unless the TAMIL versions became hit in TN (or worldwide), we cannot count for this list. I doubt if these songs were really popular in TN those days. (It definitely did not reach me in Kerala).

app_engine

panniapurathar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:57 pm

Undoubtedly a grand hit album in Tollywood, but not in Tamil (because it was dubbed?).  I have heard the Abbani Teeyani Tamil version on Radio just once.  Other than that, nothing much to say.  Sad to see yet another album getting washed out.

Speaking of blatant lifts, there are a LOT of songs from IR that made to Bollywood via plagiarizers.  

Saathiya thune kya kiya, My love meri priyatama, Tu tu tu tara, Neele neele ambar, Dhak dhak, Tap tap tapori, Chandni raati hai, O priya priya (Dil), Paayalein chun mun, the entire album Vansh, Jaane jaan, Kya mausam etc.  

Some background scores of IR have also been copied by Bollywood music directors with negligible / "minor changes".

Anand-Milind and Anu Malik were in the fore-front and were the most notorious.  Anand-Milind duo in the early 1990s even proudly stated that they were unashamed of copying from their idol (IR)!  Courtesy: Filmfare/Stardust magazines.

Director Suresh Krishna in a recent interview with Baradwaj Rangan said that he (for the remake of 'Prema' - "Love", starring Revathy and Salman Khan) "wanted" the song "Eenaade edho ayyindhi" in Hindi, and so it became "Saathiya thune kya kiya" (credited for Anand-Milind).  How unfair.  It looks like copyrights etc. were totally NON-existent those days.  Disgusting!  

If you had watched L. Subramaniam's interview of IR, LS would have mentioned something regarding this.  His wife Kavita Krishnamurthy had once asked SPB how the latter was able to finish recording the song barely 30 minutes after his entry into the studio.  SPB had replied "These are songs of Ilayaraja.  These (Hindi) music directors simply take them, change something here or there and pass it off as their own.  Since I already knew these songs very well, it is easier for me to breeze through the recording in half-hour".

And yet, umpteen years later, when IR was trying to set things right, he was mercilessly bullied by all and sundry, while those who were closely guarding their music and those who actually copied from IR escaped unscathed!  Despicable people.

BC

app_engine, [μsic]மாபியா, panniapurathar and IsaiRasigan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  [μsic]மாபியா Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:52 am

Super Post BC
[μsic]மாபியா
[μsic]மாபியா

http://myradiostream.com/irmafia

BC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:07 am

Thank you.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:58 pm

As per the general consensus, let me leave out the 'kAdhal dEvadhai' album (which was super hit in Telugu desam but not in TN) Smile

Adding a new poll, for "kavidhai pAdum alaigaL".

Only the vAn nilA thEn nilA song title appears to be familiar to me (i.e. the song plays in my head when I read the line), I need to listen to the songs...

sAmiyai vENdikittu namma sangathi kELu piLLaiGangai Amaran / K.S.Chithra
unnai kANAmal nAn yEthuArunmozhi / K.S.Chithra
kARRum poovum pAdum pAttu kAthil kEtkiRathAK.S.Chithra
vAn nilA thEn nilA vAdai poo nilAMano / K.S.Chithra
thookkudA thookudA pallAkkuthAnMalaysia Vasudevan / S.N.Surendar / Kovai Soundarajan
kaNNE yen kaNmaNiyEMano / K.S.Chithra

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:32 am

Voted for Unnai kaanaamal, Kanne en kanmaniye and Vaan nilaa.

I am sure that Unnai kaanaamal is the MOST-played song in the album (TV and Radio; In fact, it was a regular number on AIR).  Easily an eyesore of an album.  In case, anyone here has not watched this song, PLEASE do yourself a favor and DO NOT attempt to watch the song.  You will end up with a severe heartache!

A little surprised to see that Kanne en has more views (3 M+) on YouTube, followed by Vaan nilaa.

But, the views for Unnai kaanaamal are split between multiple videos for the same song.  It is actually a bane for IR songs because if ONE source was there (preferably the IR-O channel), the views for each song could easily run to millions for every song.  Unfortunately, IR songs on the Internet are all over the place.

I wish Kaatrum poovum is also included - a beautiful composition; but sadly it falls under least-popular category.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:10 am

BC wrote:Voted for Unnai kaanaamal, Kanne en kanmaniye and Vaan nilaa.

Oh yes, now I listened to the songs and totally agree with these 3 choices - definitely listened to these many times on buses during my 90s trips in TN Smile

Especially the Arunmozhi song too frequently to my irritation Embarassed I love KSC's singing, however!

app_engine

BC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:25 pm

Adding those 3 hit songs from that movie starring newcomers (who never made it big in TF):

#1211 unnaikkANAmal nAn Edhu (KSC-Arunmozhi duet, kavidhai pAdum alaigaL)
Sweet number, especially KSC at her peak! As mentioned many times before, I'm not a fan of Napoleon's singing - regardless of the greatest regard I have for his perfection on kuzhal Smile

#1212 vAn nilA thEn nilA vAdaippoo nilA (KSC-Mano duet, kavidhai pAdum alaigaL)
Another sweet number and here too KSC excels with Mano playing a supporting role. Prior to internet era, I think I've heard this song only on buses!

#1213 kaNNE en kaNmaNiyE (KSC-Mano duet, kavidhai pAdum alaigaL)

Another sweet duet with KSC excelling!

I'll be adding ALL the songs from the next 2 albums in this list without poll (as they were super hit albums / movies and reached beyond TN - many of them popular to this day)!

#1214 enna pAduvadhu (IR with chorus, kELadi kaNmaNi)
What a lovely fun song, with a lot of enthu by rAsA Smile

#1215 kaRpoora bommai onRu (PS solo, kELadi kaNmaNi)
Evergreen classic - the moment PS starts the humming one gets goosebumps! She being "HMV" for me (M for mother) a great personal favorite as well!

#1216 nee pAthi nAn pAthi kaNNE (UR-KJY duet, kELadi kaNmaNi)

Another fantastic classic! Praised this song with superlative comments many times on forum posts! "இருட்டில் கூட இருக்கும் நிழல் நான்" is a beautiful example of "இல்பொருள் உவமை அணி" - a Vaali classic!

#1217 thenRal thAn thingaL thAn (KSC-KJY duet, kELadi kaNmaNi)
Superbly orchestrated delight - I always wonder how anyone can do justice to such compositions on screen - very tough to choreograph for such rhythms (and as expected, it is not great on screen)

#1218 vAraNam Ayiram (SJ solo, kELadi kaNmaNi)
Excellent singing by SJ - I believe there is also a SPB version but I don't think it was in my cassette, just mentioning it here.

#1219 thaNNiyila nananjA ithu thangam ena jolikkum (UR solo, kELadi kaNmaNi)
Not sure if this got picturized - but the song was popular nevertheless!

#1220 maNNil inthakkAdhal inRi (SPB solo, kELadi kaNmaNi)
Top number from the album obviously Smile  Popular for multiple reasons (SPB on-screen being one) including the dubious breathless singing!

#1221 ada veettukku veettukku vAsappadi vENum (IR solo, kizhakku vAsal)
Example of innovation - how a small portion of a movement from a WCM piece can superbly be dramatically transformed into a TN folk song!

#1222 vandhathE O kungumam (KSC with chorus, kizhakku vAsal)

Terrific number by KSC - popular to this day!

#1223 pAdippaRandha kiLi pAda maRandhadhadi (SPB solo, kizhakku vAsal)
Sad Reminds me of the untimely demise of the great singer Sad

#1224 pachcha malappoovu nee uchchi malaththEnu (SPB solo, kizhakku vAsal)
My top fav song from the album and an endless repeat song on drives!

#1225 thaLukki thaLukki vandhu (SPB solo, kizhakku vAsal)
Another super hit song from the album, always on buses and other PA systems!

With those phenomenal albums covered, now let me add a poll for the next one (which I wasn't familiar those days) - kumbakkarai thangaiyA

yennai oruvan pAda sonnAn [Title Song]ilaiyaRaaja / Dheeban Chakaravarthy
pAttu unnai izhukuthAS.P.Balasubramaniam / S.Janaki / Chorus
poothu poothu kulunguthadiS.P.Balasubramaniam / Uma Ramanan / Chorus
thendRal kARRE (Two versions)Mano / S.Janaki duet and SJ solo
kumbam karai sErtha thangaiyAS.P.Balasubramaniam / S.Janaki / Chorus
koodalooru kuNdu malliMalaysia Vasudevan / K.S.Chithra / Chorus
santhana mAriye [koottathilE kuninju nikkiRa kuruvammA]Malaysia Vasudevan / K.S.Chithra / T.S.Ragavendar

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:17 am

Video jukebox here (with 2 mn+ views) - and people are vehemently supporting in twitter that all songs were hit in this album Smile
(Only I was ignorant of this album in early 90's - i.e. until I came to tfmpage.com)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr_lg6sSSUU

app_engine

Usha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:37 am

I was about to express my horror over having this album for a poll!  Anyway, the album is hugely popular (even on Radio - both AIR, Ceylon - and Television).  Such a stunning folk album like Karagaattakkaaran.  Now, that is a FOLK album.  Maybe, the title song (Ennai oruvan) was less popular; otherwise, it should easily be an album-takeaway, just like the previous Kizhakku Vaasal and Keladi Kanmani.  Hat-trick!

Who listened to Cibaca/Binaca Geethamaalai on Sundays 4-5 p.m. on AIR?  

The songs Thendral kaatre, Poothu poothu and Paattu onna?  These 3 songs vied with each other to take the first spot week after week!  Such was the popularity of this album.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:33 pm

Well, let me get the KKT songs here quickly (though already I've offended many 90's IRFs by hosting a poll for this album)...

#1226 ennai oruvan pAdachchonnAn (IR solo, kumbakkarai thangaiyA)
Title song - possibly following the immense popularity of the karagAttakkAran album - with direct references to IR / GA et al

#1227 pAttu unnai izhukkudhA (SJ-SPB duet, kumbakkarai thangaiyA)
The top singer pair for IR duets gets one more in this album and effortlessly done the tough song!

#1228 pooththu pooththu kulungudhadi (UR-SPB duet, kumbakkarai thangaiyA)
Though SPB had 3 hit songs in this album, it was a big miss on my part that none got cataloged in the IR-SPB-hits thread that I ran for months on the hub (tfmpage / mayyam). This should have been there!

#1229 thenRal kAtRE thenRal kAtRE (Two versions - SJ/Mano duet and SJ solo, kumbakkarai thangaiyA)
My top fav in this album that ran 100's of times on repeat mode during drives! The misra nadai sweet delight! Solo is not much different from duet and thus and didn't give 2 counts in this case.

#1230 kumbam karai sErththa thangaiyA (SJ-SPB with chorus, kumbakkarai thangaiyA)
Nice folk number - obviously IR's forte and he could have done this in a few minutes IMHO!

#1231 koodaluru gundu malli (KSC-MV duet, kumbakkarai thangaiyA)
Another energetic as well as sweet number - only IR possible!

#1232 koottaththilE kuniju nikkiRa kuruvammA (KSC-MV with TS Ragavendar, kumbakkarai thangaiyA)
Group song and another energetic number!

WOW, how many "full album hits" in this 1990!

Let me now add a poll for the next one, madurai veeran enga sAmi :

pottu vachchu poo mudicha poNNugaLE Malaysia Vasudevan / Chorus
thangamE yenga kongu nAttukku Arunmozhi / Sunandha / K.S.Chithra / Chorus
Athu mEdu kaLathu mEdu Malaysia Vasudevan / Chorus
rAngiyuLLa rANi Malaysia Vasudevan / Mano / S.N.Surendar / Chorus
mAmAvai pAththu poNNai kattu S.P.Balasubramaniam / Chorus

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:11 am

app_engine wrote:Well, let me get the KKT songs here quickly (though already I've offended many 90's IRFs by hosting a poll for this album)...

WOW, how many "full album hits" in this 1990!

Let me now add a poll for the next one, madurai veeran enga sAmi 

That is like just another day in the life of IR!

As for Madurai Veeran Enga Saami, none was a "hit", though Maamaava paathu and Thangame could be considered somewhat familiar.  All are good numbers, IMHO; my favorite is Maamaava paathu.

Here is the album, incase, anyone wants to listen to ALL of the songs: https://friendstamilmp3.net/Album/A-ZMovieSongs/Madurai%20Veeran%20Enga%20Saami 

YouTube has only the Thangame song.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next