Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA"

+15
[μsic]மாபியா
crimson king
BC
vss1902
al_gates
counterpoint
mythila
IsaiRasigan
jaiganesh
ravinat
Drunkenmunk
ank
Usha
app_engine
raagakann
19 posters

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

Any TN hits from "rAman adbullA"?

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 12 Vote_lcap0%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 12 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 12 Vote_lcap43%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 12 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 12 Vote_lcap0%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 12 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 12 Vote_lcap29%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 12 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 12 Vote_lcap14%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 12 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 12 Vote_lcap14%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 12 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 12 Empty Re: Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA"

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:41 pm

sOlai iLankuyil is a sweetie and was frequently hummed by people around me, even during 90's - that is how the song got introduced to me and I love this one.

Per confirmation from twitter too, this was "paravalAga" hit Smile 

Found out now that the song had Prabhu-Nirosha on screen Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBY2H9TiZQ0

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 12 Empty Re: Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA"

Post  BC Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:38 am

app_engine wrote:sOlai iLankuyil is a sweetie and was frequently hummed by people around me, even during 90's - that is how the song got introduced to me and I love this one.

Per confirmation from twitter too, this was "paravalAga" hit Smile 

Found out now that the song had Prabhu-Nirosha on screen Wink

Never knew who acted/directed, until the past minute.  I just know it as a very good IR song (thanks to AIR).

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:05 pm

indha padam.. kalyanam ana udan partha irandhavadhu padam.... Only for IR...

IR strong aga than irukirar.. kalam... kadhai... direction endru epadi agiradho adharku isai endru...

enaku idhai apodhu yetru kolla mudiyavillai.. kadhai strong illai... characters.. ellam light feelings.. migavum seyarkai thanmai....... anal

paatu nanraga irundhadhu....

iidhazh enum medaiyil.. paatu.. konjam vidhyasamna style... nanraga irukum..

solai ilanguyil..... thalam.. romba pidikum......

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:57 pm

Adding that "sa-sa-ni-ni-ni" song to our list Smile

#1072 sOlai iLankuyil yArai eNNi (KSC-Mano duet with chorus, kAvalukku kettikkAran)
Lovely sweet song which got hummed by family members and relatives over the years, thus introducing the song to me - even though I didn't have a chance to be aware of its popularity at the time of arrival.

Moving on to the next album - another unfamiliar one to me - with a poll "kai veesammA kai veesu":

nal anbEthAn thAyAnathu K.S.Chithra / Chorus
yennadi yammA sammatham thAmmA Mano / Chorus
yenakkum unakkum nerukkam Arunmozhi / S.Janaki
yERuthE suthi yERuthE S.Janaki
kai veesammA intha ulagathai pArthu kaiveesu ilaiyaRaaja

I have not heard any of the songs before (i.e. until this day - not even from internet). Voted "none was a hit" Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:54 pm

cable kalam...

indha 3 paatu kaetu iruken.......

enakum unakum

yerudhe srudhi

nal anbe dhan

indha paatu ellam cable kala hits......

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:10 pm

Including those two hit numbers from kai veesu ammA kai veesu (based on user inputs here and twitter - me personally didn't have much idea about these songs those days)...

#1073 nal anbE thAn thAyAnadhu (KSC with chorus, kai veesu ammA kai veesu)
Sweet number and as witnessed by TN-ers heard frequently on radio and the usual media

#1074 enakkum unakkum nerukkam (SJ-Arun mozhi duet, kai veesu ammA kai veesu)
Ditto like the other song above - I guess "B" category hit from 80's when every movie had a few popular numbers from IR, including those unknown films.

Next two albums will not need a poll but I'll post them separately Wink

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:59 am

Adding the songs of one of the most popular IR albums... er... TFM albums in general EVER - historic!

As this is a very special album that is extremely popular to this day, it deserves a separate post in this thread. The whole album, why even the movie - thanks to the album and such nice comedy - had been a record breaker in TN!

#1075 pAttAlE budhdhi sonnAr (IR solo, karakAttakkAran)
Title song and written by IR himself and given the special misra nadai. The song is also some-kind-of story telling by IR - i.e. his own story in the film field. ("படத்தின் முதல் பாடலைப் பாடச்சொல்லி அது நல்ல ராசி என்றார்கள்" fits to this very song Laughing ) All other songs in this album are #IR_Waltz and that makes this exceptionally special!

#1076 munthi munthi vinAyaganE (KSC-Mano duet, karakAttakkAran)
Set in a "contest" situation in a story inspired by thillAnA mOganAmbAL (is this a folk equivalent of 'nalandhAnA'?) - racy song with terrific rhythm arrangement!

#1077 mAnguyilE poonguyilE (SPB solo, karakAttakkAran)
This song needs no intro to even children born almost 30 years later Smile

#1078 mAnguyilE poonguyilE (SJ-SPB duet, karakAttakkAran)
I'll give to this duet a separate slot as this has extraordinary arrangements, way different from the solo and also has the excellent peN kural Smile

#1079 intha mAn undhan sontha mAn (KSC-IR duet, karakAttakkAran)
One of the sweetest songs done by IR ever, with honey flowing in the prelude itself!

#1080 ooru vittu ooru vandhu (MV with chorus, karakAttakkAran)
Phenomenal prelude with so much of energy and terrific singing by Vasu and chorus! So lovable on-screen as well!

#1081 kudagu malai (KSC-Mano duet, karakAttakkAran)
The only "slow" song in the album but even this was immensely popular!

#1082 mAriyammA (KSC-MV with chorus, karakAttakkAran)
Climax song with a lot of emotion and fast rhythm like most songs in the album and supposedly throwing female crowds (in theatre) to rapture those days Laughing

Here is the #IR_Official_YT jukebox:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chtV7tKl0rA

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:31 pm

Adding songs from next album, mAppiLLai, without poll as well as the popularity of this album is quite well-known.

#1083 ennOda rAsi nalla rAsi (MV with chorus, mAppiLLai)
Reminds one of the 'namma modhalALi' song of nallavanukku nallavan, in the "feel" though it has no other resemblance to that number. patti-thotti hit.

#1084 vEru vElai unakku illaiyE (SJ-SPB duet with chorus, mAppiLLai)

Sweet and funny song. I don't remember if I had watched this song when I went to this movie in theater as I've slept thru most part of the movie Embarassed

#1085 mAnin iru kaNgal koNda mAnE mAnE (SJ-SPB duet with chorus, mAppiLLai)
Possibly the biggest hit out of the four duets (and justifiably so, quite brilliant orch.).

#1086 enna dhAn sugamO nenjilE (SJ-SPB duet, mAppiLLai)

Sweet and slow duet, nice melody. Among the three songs that got documented part of my IR-SPB series in the hub (tfmpage)

#1087 unnaiththAn niththam niththam (SJ-SPB duet, mAppiLLai)
4th duet by my favorite singer pair but unfortunately not familiar to me when I was running that series in the "pazhaiya kadai".  Nerd and others pointed out to be how popular this song was in TN (though it didn't reach Palakkad or I missed it, sleeping for most part of the movie when I watched in Palakkad).

This album too has the jukebox in IR's official YT page:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKsYg4mcMdg

With those two hit albums covered, we need to get back to the "poll" for the next one as I don't know the TN hit status of some of the songs from the next album, ninaivu chinnam :

vaigAsi mAsathilai panthal oNNu pOttu S.P.Balasubramaniam / K.S.Chithra
oorukkuLLai yennaiyum paRRi Malaysia Vasudevan / K.S.Chithra
singAra seemaiyilE selvangaLai sErthathenna ilaiyaRaaja
yElE iLangkiLiyE yennAsai paingkiLiyE P.Susheela
sORu thinnu nALAchu Malaysia Vasudevan / Senthil [Actor]
oorellAm thoonguthu unnai mattum kANalai K.S.Chithra

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:15 am

Karagaattakkaaran & Maappillai - No questions there.  They are wholesome packages.

As for Ninaivu Chinnam, I voted for 4 songs.  The rest are fairly popular but cannot be termed as "hits".

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:54 pm

Searching the youtube for "oorellAm thoonguthu" song (as it didn't ring a bell with my brain) and ended up seeing this channel that has "echo" effects for many songs...(the recording centers of 80's used to have this for special effects and I never liked it when they played such recordings in buses - spoiled my listening pleasure)

And was surprised that this song has more than 800K views in youtube Shocked
(நான்தான் இவ்வளவு நாளாக் கேக்காம இருந்திருக்கேன்)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq7TIPL22xw

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:55 am

I hate those "echo effects" and that "8D Virtually Surround Sound" nonsense.

BC

Usha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:35 pm

app,

oorellam thoongudhu paatu.. from Balpalaki.. rare songs threadil post panninen.. neenga parkalainu ipo theriyaradhu...... Shocked

nalla version... idho.... nalla paatudhan..... indha linkil kaetu parunga...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2tXQtL8jUY

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:34 pm

Usha wrote:app,

oorellam thoongudhu paatu.. from Balpalaki.. rare songs threadil post panninen.. neenga parkalainu ipo theriyaradhu...... Shocked

முன்பு கேக்காமல் விட்டதுக்கு மன்னிச்சுக்கங்க. Embarassed

(என்ன செய்ய, நமக்கு எக்கச்சக்கமான பாடல்கள் இருப்பதால் இப்படிச்சில தவறுவது வழக்கம் தானே?)

இனிமையான பாடல்!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:59 pm

app_engine wrote:
Usha wrote:app,

முன்பு கேக்காமல் விட்டதுக்கு மன்னிச்சுக்கங்க. Embarassed

(என்ன செய்ய, நமக்கு எக்கச்சக்கமான பாடல்கள் இருப்பதால் இப்படிச்சில தவறுவது வழக்கம் தானே?)

இனிமையான பாடல்!

ada kadavulae.. enna ipadi solliteenga.. mannipu periya varthai. ennoda adhagam.. andha nalla audio quality kanama poyachae..adhanal
sonnen.........
ungaloda link..echo effect.. romba erichal achu.. adhan sonnen. indha nalla quality audio.. ethanai nalaki irukum endru theriyavilali.

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:17 am

Adding ninaivu chinnam hits...

#1088 vaigAsi mAsaththula panthal onnu (KSC-SPB duet, ninaivu chinnam)
Very popular song that I heard many times during my travel to TN - no need to even cross-check with TN-ers to qualify this one Smile

#1089 oorukkuLLa ennaiyum pathi (KSC-MV duet, ninaivu chinnam)
I've possibly heard this a few times those days (but didn't have a liking for it) - this one appears to be immensely popular with TN-ers, however. I was surprised to see that the song's video has more than a million hits (with Murali and nalleNNai Chithra - the same girl who got featured in that Malayalam classic 'A rAthri mAnju pOyi' in panchAgni)

#1090 ellE iLangiLiyE / singAra cheemaiyilE (PS solo / IR solo, two versions, ninaivu chinnam)
Very sweet haunting number, frequently played in buses and other media

#1091 oorellAm thoonguthu (KSC solo, ninaivu chinnam)
Song was / is quite popular among TN-ers, I'm late to appreciate this one Smile

Adding songs from the next album without poll - this one is a super hit album (and movie too) and songs reached everywhere!

#1092 un manasula pAttuththAn (KSC-Mano duet, a version with SPB as well, pANdi nAttu thangam)

What a lovely song! Though I never knew the name of the album those days, heard this song on innumerable occasions those years! Almost 100% of the times involuntarily!

#1093 iLam vayasupponnai vasiyam seyyum (KSC-MV duet, pANdi nAttu thangam)

Ditto as the song above, at times I even wrongly connected this song with that BR-Karthik movie under British rule setting Embarassed

#1094 ElEla kuyilE Elamala veyilE (UR-SPB duet with chorus, pANdi nAttu thangam)

Terrific song and defintion of a "racy duet"!

#1095 siRu koottilE uLLa kuyilukku (KSC-Mano duet, pANdi nAttu thangam)

This album is "all-Chithra-show" kind (except one song given to UR) and she has aced every one of them!

#1096 mayilAdum pAraiyilE (KSC-SPB duet, pANdi nAttu thangam)
What a terrific themmAngu! When I shared this song in the IR-SPB series in the hub during my "nostalgia" series, this song evoked some memory from the NT-films-encyclopaedia, Murali Srinivas to share his Madurai memories Smile

With that fantastic album covered in this thread, let us move on to the next - which needs a poll Embarassed

pAsa mazhai (never heard of this before)...

vanthathu vanthathu vAsalil vanthathu S.Janaki / Chorus
anna nadai pOdum vaNdi Mano / K.S.Chithra
oru pAttu un manasai izhukuthA [1] S.Janaki
oru pAttu un manasai izhukuthA [2] Mano / S.Janaki / M.S.Rajeswari
Ayiram poovum uNdu K.S.Chithra

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:49 pm

paatuku vote pottal..
oru paatuku than click aradhu.. adutha paatuku click panninal, mudhal paatu click azhiyaradhu......

so.. oru paatuku matum dhan solla mudiyum.....

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:38 pm

Usha wrote:paatuku vote pottal..
oru paatuku than click aradhu.. adutha paatuku click panninal, mudhal paatu click azhiyaradhu......

so.. oru paatuku  matum dhan solla mudiyum.....

Fixed it Smile

Now, more than one can be chosen!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:54 pm

work aradhu app. Thank u.....
vandhadhu vandhadhu , oru paatu unna, oru paatu unna 2nd version.. ellam tv days ... sun tv vandha pudhusu...paatu video parthu
iruken..........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:35 am

Oru paattu is the most famous, followed by Aayiram poovum undu.  Vandhathu Vandhathu is a song I have heard played in AIR not-so-frequently.

I voted for all 4 songs except Anna nadai which is the least heard, unless you watched the movie.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:48 pm

Adding the two hits song (as per inputs from a number of people) from pAsa mazhai.

#1097 oru pAttu un manasa izhukkudhA (SJ solo and another version with SJ / Mano / Rajeswari, pAsa mazhai)

The SJ solo version is so sweet and I've heard it many times - without knowing which album this was from.

#1098 Ayiram poovum uNdu (KSC solo, pAsa mazhai)
Another very sweet female solo from this album and the anupallavi is especially honey-sweet!

Moving on to the next album - pAttukku nAn adimai - I'm familiar with some songs but not all, so poll Wink

thAlAttu kEtkAtha pEringu yAru Mano
poovE poovE ponnammA Malaysia Vasudevan / Chorus
kettAlum sEru pattaNamthAn [kaNNammA kaNNaiyA] Malaysia Vasudevan / Chorus
puLLi vachchA or ponnAthA Malaysia Vasudevan / Chorus
yAr pAdum pAdal yendRAlum Malaysia Vasudevan / S.Janali
pAttukku jOdiyA Attukku thAdiyA Malaysia Vasudevan / K.S.Chithra / Chorus
aththi marakiLi kaththum [suRRi varum poongkARRu] Malaysia Vasudevan / Chorus

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:55 am

Thaalattu ketkaadha, Poove poove and Yaar paadum are radio regulars and featured in OLiyum oliyum on DD.

Aththi marakkili could be called "moderate" hit.  I voted for those 4 songs.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:28 pm

Looks like this "pAttukku nAn adimai" movie and songs were quite popular (going by the millions of hits seen on youtube for some songs, even for the movie Shocked ).

Per responses here and on twitter (and going by the YT responses also), we'll have to add 4 songs (at least) from the album in this thread. This is despite the fact that I was personally familiar with only two songs before this exercise Smile

#1099 thAlAttu kEtkAtha pEringu yAru (Mano solo, pAttukku nAn adimai)

Very sweet song, with a train sound background. I have heard this before because of someone including it in a hit collection CD.

#1100 poovE poovE ponnammA (MV and chorus, pAttukku nAn adimai)

Racy song and I got introduced to this during this exercise.

#1101 yAr pAdum pAdal enRAlum (SJ-MV duet, pAttukku nAn adimai)

Lovely song that haunts you - justifiably with million plus views for the video on YT

#1102 aththi marakkiLi kaththum (MV and chorus, pAttukku nAn adimai)

Song familiar to me from raajafm days, looks like many others verify this song to be popular in TN as well.

Moving on to the next album - which was quite popular also but some songs need validation from TN-ers - pAttukku oru thalaivan (very similar name as the previous one but this featured Vijayakanth)...

pAttukku thalaivA [Title Song] ilaiyaRaaja / Chorus
ninaithathu yArO neethAnE  Two versions (happy / pathos)
yellorudaiya vAzhkkaiyilum Two versions (IR / SPB)
chittAnj chittAnj kuruvi Malaysia Vasudevan / Chorus
azhagiya nathiyena s.P.Balasubramaniam K.S.Chithra / Chorus
isaiyAlE nAn vasamAginEn Malaysia Vasudevan / K.S.Chithra
yellOrum rAsAnnA Malaysia Vasudevan / Chorus

Last edited by app_engine on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:24 am

Ninaithadhu yaaro, Azhagiya nadhiyena and Yellorudaya are hits, for sure. 

Isaiyaale - A sweet song.  It used to be up on DD for some time; not sure if it is a "hit".

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:30 am

Adding the hits from POT :

#1103 pAttukku thalaivA (IR with chorus, title song, pAttukku oru thalaivan)

Per TN-ers, this was yet another title song sung by IR that became popular, with the movie too becoming a hit in line with the sentimentu Smile The movie seems to have a lot of popularity on youtube too, with multiple companies hosting it - one of them with million plus views Shocked

#1104 ninaiththathu yArO nee thAnE (two duets, Jikki-Mano, SJ-Mano, pAttukku oru thalaivan)
suga / sOga versions both were popular on radio, buses and teakkadais across the state. Well, even in Kerala

#1105 ellOrudaiya vAzhkkaiyilum (Two versions, IR solo / SPB solo, pAttukku oru thalaivan)

IR version is more familiar to me and I thought it was possibly track version retained in the cassette - surprised to see that his version only used in the movie also!

#1106 chittAn chttAn kuruvi (MV with chorus, pAttukku oru thalaivan)
Fun song, it used to be part of many Vijayakanth movies those days (possibly starting from chinna maNikkuyilE) and was played in patti-thotti

#1107 azhagiya nadhiyena (KSC-SPB duet, pAttukku oru thalaivan)
Covered in the IR-SPB series long back, super hit song. The opening chorus, of course, is irritating to me Embarassed

#1108 isaiyAlE nAn vasamAgiREn (KSC-MV short song, pAttukku oru thalaivan)
Short songs like these too got played in buses and the other public broadcast methods of those days, thanks to being part of super hit albums!

#1109 ellOrum rAsAnna (MV with chorus, pAttukku oru thalaivan)

Another VK-style song, appropriately sung by MV and reached the masses!

With that super hit album covered, let us move on to our next poll - this one is for "padichcha puLLa" from the same year :

poongkARRE ithu pOthum - 2 versions, Mano / K.S.Chithra duet & IR solo
yenga ooru englAnthu rANi S.P.Sailaja / Chorus
chinnanj chiRu kiLiyE Mano
seemaiyellAm suththi vanthu Mano / Arunmozhi / Chorus
dEvadAsu kathaiyai pOla Mano

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:28 am

Poongaatre (both versions) is surely a hit.  That's what I voted for.

Cannot say the same for other songs.  Seemaiyellam has a superb rhythm and Chinnanchiru is a good pathos - but not sure if they could be called "hits".

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next